Tales of Eternia $50.90 shipped at DVDCrave

So how is this game anyways? I'm interested in snagging a copy too; I'm jonesing for some more good PSP RPG action. BTW, if you guys haven't played Kingdom of Paraside, you should. It is an excellent action-RPG game, mixed with some martial arts themes. Great stuff.

I'm lost. PSP games are region free, but this listing states it's PAL format? Is that their way of saying it's been localized to Oz/Europe (english)? If that's the case, this would be a great pick-up.

Some games, like Let's Go by Airliner aren't so bad in Japanese, because it's basically just a flight sim. But RPGs are strong on storylines. And Namco's Tales of line is one of the better RPG franchises... I'd like to know what's going on.

You won't do any better on eBay either ... I've been watching for a while, the only lower prices are for UMD-only.

[quote name='guinaevere']I'm lost. PSP games are region free, but this listing states it's PAL format? Is that their way of saying it's been localized to Oz/Europe (english)? If that's the case, this would be a great pick-up.

Some games, like Let's Go by Airliner aren't so bad in Japanese, because it's basically just a flight sim. But RPGs are strong on storylines. And Capcoms Tales of line is one of the better RPG franchises... I'd like to know what's going on.[/QUOTE]

this game already has a US release as Tales of Destiny 2 for PSOne. And Namco, not Capcom, made it.

[quote name='foundation']You mean Namco?[/QUOTE]
No, I like Capcom's Tales of line. Because it's SO rare and hard to find.
animeangry.gif

Yeah, I mean Namco.

[quote name='62t']this game already has a US release as Tales of Destiny 2 for PSOne.[/quote]
Yes, but Eternia has been updated. It isn't a straight port.

And Namco, not Capcom, made it.
Yes. I know. Y'all weren't supposed to see that mistake before I edited it. Sheesh.
blush.gif

it is a straight port. There is nothing new in the psp version, and the widescreen isnt true widescreen.

[quote name='62t']it is a straight port. There is nothing new in the psp version, and the widescreen isnt true widescreen.[/QUOTE]
I could have sworn there was added content over DestinyII, but I must have been dreaming.

I think... I should go back to bed and start the day all over again. >__<

EDIT: I know why I got confuddled. I was confusing Tales of Eternia MMO (pc) with the psp game. stoopid.

After a few troubles with my bank and CC, it has shipped today. I cancelled the original order and reodered, that took over night to figure everything out.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Let us know when it arrives. I'll gleefully order it as long as I know the site is trustworthy.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it from DVDCrave.com at this same price, and it arrived in less than 7 days. I'll be doing all my importing from this site from now on.

Also, just an FYI, the updates that were made to the PSP version are:
-the ability to save anywhere
-zero loading times
-permanent battery / charge-level icon in upper-right corner

The PSP version is basically a polished, portable version of the PSOne's "Tales of Destiny II"--it's a fun, linear RPG with a rather cliche' plot. If you have a PSP and are a fan of RPG's, this is by-and-far the one to own. It amazes me that so few RPG's have made it to the PSP, especially after seeing how many people are importing this title.

[quote name='the ender']So how is this game anyways? I'm interested in snagging a copy too; I'm jonesing for some more good PSP RPG action. BTW, if you guys haven't played Kingdom of Paraside, you should. It is an excellent action-RPG game, mixed with some martial arts themes. Great stuff.[/QUOTE]

I got 6 hours in before my Sony memory stick fucked up and died... but what I played of the game I really enjoyed. The combat system is pretty fun and it basically feels like Super Smash Bros. which is a good thing. The storyline and characters were good and the graphics and sound were amazing. The 2D graphics look phenomenal on the PSP's screen and the soundtrack is excellent for this game. The only thing I didn't like was the voice acting, but that can simply be turned off.

So, this is the European version, correct? Does that mean that the text isn't in English? It's hard to play/enjoy an RPG without being able to read the story!

[quote name='the ender']So, this is the European version, correct? Does that mean that the text isn't in English? It's hard to play/enjoy an RPG without being able to read the story![/QUOTE]

The European version is entirely in English. I don't think there's any garbage languages like French, German, Spanish, Dutch, or others included.

So is it fairly certain that this won't be coming out in the US? If that's the case I'm thinking I'll order it but otherwise I'd just as soon wait for the US release.

[quote name='Kendal']Tales of Eternia is $50.90 shipped at www.DVDCrave.com. I guess it isn't so bad when places like Play-Asia and Lik-Sang have it for $60 before shipping. I finally caved and bought a game that was over the $40. I am horrible. At least it is for a good game most likely not coming to NA.[/QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME?! It's ok to cave if it's a desirable game that's unlikely to make it over here. I've already picked up Astonishia Story and DJ Max Portable. Astonishia Story for the artbook for one since it's the first printing. They have BoF3 listed too? I need to chop on that hard mother.

[quote name='Sarang01']EXCUSE ME?! It's ok to cave if it's a desirable game that's unlikely to make it over here. I've already picked up Astonishia Story and DJ Max Portable. Astonishia Story for the artbook for one since it's the first printing. They have BoF3 listed too? I need to chop on that hard mother.[/quote]

Yeah, that was the breaking point. I knew it most likely wont get released here. I also didn't pay $50 for the actually game. It was still under $50. So far I am having a blast. I am glad I imported. I won't even be mad that I imported it if it does come out here. I got it now and that is all that matters. If i had played the other BoF games, I might import BoFIII unless it is a stand alone game.

[quote name='Kendal']Yeah, that was the breaking point. I knew it most likely wont get released here. I also didn't pay $50 for the actually game. It was still under $50. So far I am having a blast. I am glad I imported. I won't even be mad that I imported it if it does come out here. I got it now and that is all that matters. If i had played the other BoF games, I might import BoFIII unless it is a stand alone game.[/QUOTE]

It CAN be. Mainly I need it portable because of time and shit. The one on a system would take me a while if I wanted to get through it and I'd prefer it on a portable. A warning: if you get it it's hard as fuck. You have to level a decent amount.

I don't get why they wouldn't bring this game to the US, especially given they've already got an English version. Wouldn't this pretty much be the top-rated RPG on the PSP? What, they don't like money? I'm going to hold out a bit longer. If we ever hear definitively from Namco that it won't come over then I'll consider importing.

[quote name='io']I don't get why they wouldn't bring this game to the US, especially given they've already got an English version. Wouldn't this pretty much be the top-rated RPG on the PSP? What, they don't like money? I'm going to hold out a bit longer. If we ever hear definitively from Namco that it won't come over then I'll consider importing.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it definately would be the top rated RPG, and it definately would bring in a ton of money.

If they wait too long, they're going to get up against stuff like VP: Lenneth... right now there isn't an RPG for miles around that could challenge Tales of Eternia on the PSP.

Same with Capcom and Breath of Fire 3... Capcom has brought over EVERYTHING so far, and has completely ignored this title.

Just wanted to add that I had this game IN MY HANDS today and was very tempted, but decided to hold off. It is available at Fry's for $49.99 if anyone is interested. For $40 I might have bitten, but I just can't bring myself to spend $50 on a game. They also had Breath of Fire and a bunch of Japanese imports as well (both PSP and DS).

Played this game this weekend for the first time. Best game I have played on the PSP so far. Best RPG hands down, on the PSP.

Shit, I think I made a mistake while buying this game from DVDCrave. You know where you put down your address and it says "Suburb." I didn't what to put down since I've never seen anything like this, so I put down my address number. I think I might had to put down my city. But there shouldn't be any problem as long as I got the zip code down right?

[quote name='ComTruise']Shit, I think I made a mistake while buying this game from DVDCrave. You know where you put down your address and it says "Suburb." I didn't what to put down since I've never seen anything like this, so I put down my address number. I think I might had to put down my city. But there shouldn't be any problem as long as I got the zip code down right?[/quote]

if you recently placed the order, within a day or so, you can still change all of your information by clicking one of the links at the bottom of that particular order page in your account. If the game has already been shipped, then I would think there was no problem with what you input otherwise they woould have contacted you.

i got this game about two weeks ago and started it recently, definitely a good portable rpg. i am getting the piss beat out of me in the forest of temptation and my characters are fairly beefed up. This game is tough, no joke.

It's a good game. You can easily get 35 to 40 hours. This is a rare RPG where I actually wanted to go back and do all the extra side quests.

I beat it and preordered it from NCSX because I needed a PSP RPG and a reason to upgrade past 1.50.

Yes, if you get the EU version, it is 100% complete English. The voices are annoying and very bad, the first thing I did was turn them off.

$50 for a good game is cheap. Most games now a days suck ass. Just buy it, I doubt it will be coming to America and if it does, it will be $40 no doubt and maybe even $50 as some PSP games are.

[quote name='serum79']if you recently placed the order, within a day or so, you can still change all of your information by clicking one of the links at the bottom of that particular order page in your account. If the game has already been shipped, then I would think there was no problem with what you input otherwise they woould have contacted you.

i got this game about two weeks ago and started it recently, definitely a good portable rpg. i am getting the piss beat out of me in the forest of temptation and my characters are fairly beefed up. This game is tough, no joke.[/quote]

What are your levels? I am level 34, but pretty far from where you are at. I forget the level I was at during that part at the moment.

[quote name='Kendal']What are your levels? I am level 34, but pretty far from where you are at. I forget the level I was at during that part at the moment.[/quote]

I am level 20.

[quote name='ComTruise']Finally got Tales of Eternia from DVDCrave. However, my copy was unsealed. Anyone also get an unsealed copy???[/quote]

yes, i did too

I got mine from NCSX and it was wrapped in plastic with a strip about 1/4th of the way up from the bottom, that went all around the game box that said "PSP" on it.

[quote name='serum79']yes, i did too[/QUOTE]

Ugh if this happens I WILL be complaining. Btw has anyone been having to sign for theirs?

[quote name='Sarang01']Ugh if this happens I WILL be complaining. Btw has anyone been having to sign for theirs?[/quote]

no i didn't have to sign for it. Actually my father got it for me, but he didn't say anything about having to sign for it either.
I was also a little agitated when i saw the game was opened too, but it was brand new and I planned on opening it as soon as I got it, so I quickly got over it.

[quote name='b3b0p']I got mine from NCSX and it was wrapped in plastic with a strip about 1/4th of the way up from the bottom, that went all around the game box that said "PSP" on it.[/quote]

Mine too from DVDCrave. I saved the little strip, I am gay I know.

bread's done
Back