Tales of GameStops Horrible Customer Service

Chadfx

CAGiversary!
As many of you know or may not know GameStop has been known for having a terrible store layout and what i mean by that is that the stores are way too small especially or me since im 6 foot 2 and i often find my self bumping into people. the way the games are layed are in a very sloppy manner. the staff on most gamestops arent that dumb, however in one instance I picking out my games and so I go to the counter to pay for my games, so long long story short the guy gave me the wrong game and by the time I knew this i was already home. I've ordered from gamestop.com twice so this how one of my orders went down so I ordered Day of Reckoning 2 for Gamecube( yea I know wrestling is fake) and when i got my package i opened it and it turned out to be day of reckoning 1 not 2 and so I had to call gamestop up and tell them that I got the wrong game, In my other package I was suppose to get gta san andreas for PC and guess what? if you guessed correctly they messed up my order again and this time I got Metal gear solid portable ops for the PSP. Pretty much if your looking to buy something go to best buy or something GameStop is jsut a huge hassle to deal with. If you ever had to deal with Gamestop tell me about your experince with Gmaestop. Thanks!!

I've bought around 200 games from Gamestop over the past decade (online and in store) and they've never messed up once. Sounds like you got unlucky.

I purchased tons of games at GS and I have only had 2 big issues with GS as a whole, and one with my local store.

1. I purchased Spiderman 2 for Xbox used, well when I got home there was a copy of Spiderman 1 in the case, but that wasn't bad because I quickly played through the game in my 7 days, and then returned it and got the discs swapped out.

2. I purchased Burnout: Takedown for the Xbox used, and when I got in the car I quickly pulled out the manual and found... human feces on my manual. I returned that shit ASAP.

Finally, my issue with my local gamestop has gotten me so frusterated that I almost want to swear off gamestops as a whole. They recently hired a new manager, and this jerkwad manager now claims that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to go in the store without parent during school hours. Once I walked in, with a $20 bill visibly in my hand and I quickly grabbed a 1600 point card and tried to pay, but he refused and told me to get out. I then walked over to walmart by myself and purchased the points card there.

Here's the kicker though, even though I am only 16, I am actually already graduated from high school. I told him this, but he said he didn't believe me and again told to me to get.

I know this is completely bullshit on his part since no other store has ever said anything along those lines before, and this "City Policy" only happened once he became the manager. Because of this horrible manager I am about ready to swear off gamestops as a whole.

[quote name='darthbudge']I purchased tons of games at GS and I have only had 2 big issues with GS as a whole, and one with my local store.

1. I purchased Spiderman 2 for Xbox used, well when I got home there was a copy of Spiderman 1 in the case, but that wasn't bad because I quickly played through the game in my 7 days, and then returned it and got the discs swapped out.

2. I purchased Burnout: Takedown for the Xbox used, and when I got in the car I quickly pulled out the manual and found... human feces on my manual. I returned that shit ASAP.

Finally, my issue with my local gamestop has gotten me so frusterated that I almost want to swear off gamestops as a whole. They recently hired a new manager, and this jerkwad manager now claims that it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to go in the store without parent during school hours. Once I walked in, with a $20 bill visibly in my hand and I quickly grabbed a 1600 point card and tried to pay, but he refused and told me to get out. I then walked over to walmart by myself and purchased the points card there.

Here's the kicker though, even though I am only 16, I am actually already graduated from high school. I told him this, but he said he didn't believe me and again told to me to get.

I know this is completely bullshit on his part since no other store has ever said anything along those lines before, and this "City Policy" only happened once he became the manager. Because of this horrible manager I am about ready to swear off gamestops as a whole.[/quote]
Complain about him to the District Manager. DMs frown on managers throwing paying customers out of stores.

I don't really have a problem with GameStop, every used game I buy I check before they ring it up, they're usually good at offering the right deals to me. And so on.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...why is this in the Vs forum?[/quote]

Well I disagree with the OP... Now can it be in the VS?

Between yf360games.com/goozex/trading on cag/ and the 360 game borrowing program on Cag I don't see myself going to GS. Only time I have gone there in the past 2 years is to get GoW2 at a midnight release.

[quote name='darthbudge']

.[/quote]
Reason #2 is enough for me to swear off Gamestop for good.

[quote name='darthbudge']2. I purchased Burnout: Takedown for the Xbox used, and when I got in the car I quickly pulled out the manual and found... human feces on my manual. I returned that shit ASAP.[/QUOTE]

And this is why Game$top should be inspecting their games and rejecting the garbage. Thankfully I never encountered that.

As for me, in a nutshell...

Never got my Fatal Fury hat from King of Fighters Maximum Impact preorder
Never got all the preorder bonuses from Zelda 64's promotion (Funcoland back then)
Numerous garbage used games (in fact, the final straw was today, see my blog)
Lots of other preorder bonuses that I'm forgetting that I never got
The douchebag who refused to take a game as a trade-in even though I bought it in exactly the same condition from the exact same store
The time I got a DS as part of a product replacement plan, and I swear it was used because it was a much worse system than the one I brought back (but I was able to get Nintendo to fix it for free and promptly canceled the PRP I bought on the replacement)

Today was the final straw. I won't be shopping at Game$top anymore. Never again.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wrestling is not fake.[/quote]

Wrestling isnt fake , its scripted

since im here in Canada we have EB games instead of gamestop. I just have 3 problems with the EB games at the local mall

1. they sold me a used graw 2 for the ps3 with no case and manuals so to improvise the got a 360 case and put it in there. I tried to trade it in but they wont accept it.

2. Indian manager who gives you a nasty look if you're just browsing around and not buying anything.

3. I have to be 18 to work? jeez I'll just work at future shop or best buy rather than EB games

one advantage of EB games and Gamestop is that they have a huge library of games

[quote name='testla19054']since im here in Canada we have EB games instead of gamestop. I just have 3 problems with the EB games at the local mall

1. they sold me a used graw 2 for the ps3 with no case and manuals so to improvise the got a 360 case and put it in there. I tried to trade it in but they wont accept it.

2. Indian manager who gives you a nasty look if you're just browsing around and not buying anything.

3. I have to be 18 to work? jeez I'll just work at future shop or best buy rather than EB games

one advantage of EB games and Gamestop is that they have a huge library of games[/QUOTE]

they are own by the same people so it doesnt matter what they are call

The only issue I ever took was a manager putting a refurb fee on a few of my games without mentioning it. Some CAG members didn't see a problem with it. My issue was that I dislike any type of hidden fee. I never like seeing a bill or receipt and then attempting to decipher what a randon fee is referencing.

bread's done
Back