Tales of Graces f - $20; Abyss (3DS) - $15 @ NamcoBandai

hmm.. ya shipping sicks but if you get both the $6 isn't TOO terrible. TOA is stil about 20 bucks at that price

Id much rather pm at Best Buy or something but they dont carry either of those games anymore =( I think Target is the best bet. For TOA at least. I recall seeing it still in stock there. Can anyone think of anywhere else that might be worth a PM?

Really too bad BBY doesn't carry them anymore. Theyre the easiest to get a PM going

Signing in and then checking out worked for me. I bought the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition through them so I already had an account. I didn't have any problems with Digital River that time so...fingers crossed.
ya exact same situation for me. Ni no Kuni saved me =D Id still like an extra copy PM'd somewhere though

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you submit a price match too amazon?
Go to the item, under product details there's something that says "Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?" Click tell us about a lower price and fill it out.

waiting for a price match. never could get into TotA, but for $15 I'd give another try, could always make your money back at that price

for those of you trying to price match at target they wont price match it. They only price match amazon,target.com,best buy, walmart and toysrus. 

Well it seems to be the account creation what is causing the problems with checking out as people who already have an account can login and purchase just fine. 

Makes me furious that I even need to create an account to purchase from the site...... :headache:

How do you price match at Amazon? Customer service says they don't don't price match.

Has anyone successfully done it there or best buy?

How do you price match at Amazon? Customer service says they don't don't price match.

Has anyone successfully done it there or best buy?
Login to your amazon account, go to the product page and scroll down to the product infomation section. You should see this link: tell us about a lower price?

*EDIT*

I was just looking around on the Bandai Community Forums and it appears the shopping cart has been broken since July 26th....

I did what you guys said on Amazon. I clicked "Tell Us About A Better Price" and submitted the namco link...all it did was thank me for the feed back.

So it's not a price match but like letting them know about it and hopefully they will lower it at some point today?

Submitted to Amazon, usually I am against the "submit everything to Amazon and not buy at BBY/TRU" practice, but $6 is enough to bend my principles. 

Ok.. just a question lol unless its just me , but amazon doesnt even sell this game. Its all sold by third party sellers maybe 2 are fulfilled by amazon but then the tell us about a lower price is useless right?

Ok.. just a question lol unless its just me , but amazon doesnt even sell this game. Its all sold by third party sellers maybe 2 are fulfilled by amazon but then the tell us about a lower price is useless right?

For those that don't know, Namco uses Digital River. Just a warning for those that care....
Worth repeating.
Thanks, not even close to a deal then. Giving those hacks any money is an effort in frustration.
Seriously, there's a reason people complain about them. Digital River is the absolute worst fuck ing fulfillment company you'll ever deal with. Don't let their BBB rating fool you, they don't give a damn about the customer and the service blows.

Sent the price to Amazon. Doubt they'll match it but worth a shot.

Oh ya you are right... its 50 dollars sold by amazon i guess the mobile version of the site doesnt shwo all the options .. sorry, time to submit the lower price..

You guys are going to have to get over your Digital River butthurtedness. If you're passing on good deals from good developers because of the fulfillment agency, then you're harming both yourself and the developer; I doubt the distributor ever sees any of the flak you guys are sending up. 

You guys are going to have to get over your Digital River butthurtedness. If you're passing on good deals from good developers because of the fulfillment agency, then you're harming both yourself and the developer; I doubt the distributor ever sees any of the flak you guys are sending up.
Indeed.

For the people furiously trying to pricematch Amazon, I'm pretty sure Amazon has "never" pricematched any Digital River site before.

Uh.....

So I don't understand, can someone help explain this to me?  In order to make an account to buy this, you already need a pre-existing account?

So I don't understand, can someone help explain this to me? In order to make an account to buy this, you already need a pre-existing account?
I did this earlier this year. I think you can add something to your cart. Try any other game. Then create an account during checkout and cancel the order. Then order the game you want. Finally, pray to whatever god you believe in that your game shows up in one piece and sometime in August and that you don't have to call their customer service.

I did this earlier this year. I think you can add something to your cart. Try any other game. Then create an account during checkout and cancel the order. Then order the game you want. Finally, pray to whatever god you believe in that your game shows up in one piece and sometime in August and that you don't have to call their customer service.
I see, so this issue is with these specific games and not the store as a whole?

So it's wrong for a consumer trying to get a cheaper price on something they want to buy?

I'm sick and tired of everyone bringing up Developer's on why it's so wrong to buy used games or cheaper games. If a developer wants me to pay full price, they should simply make a better game where I would want to pay for full price, and make it good enough that people won't warrant the idea of trading a game in for me to even buy it used.

Basically that idealism put into every possible situation, it's bad to buy anything for cheap because it hurts a business in someway. So I shouldn't negotiate a price for a car and just pay sticker, or I shouldn't buy this used computer from my buddy. Because it hurts the company that made it because I didn't buy it new?

Sure it's a good offer, I just want to see if I can get a better one at that. There's nothing wrong with that concept, and you have a problem with it. THEN WHY THE HECK ARE YOU ON THIS SITE TO BEGIN WITH!?

So it's wrong for a consumer trying to get a cheaper price on something they want to buy?

I'm sick and tired of everyone bringing up Developer's on why it's so wrong to buy used games or cheaper games. If a developer wants me to pay full price, they should simply make a better game where I would want to pay for full price, and make it good enough that people won't warrant the idea of trading a game in for me to even buy it used.

Basically that idealism put into every possible situation, it's bad to buy anything for cheap because it hurts a business in someway. So I shouldn't negotiate a price for a car and just pay sticker, or I shouldn't buy this used computer from my buddy. Because it hurts the company that made it because I didn't buy it new?

Sure it's a good offer, I just want to see if I can get a better one at that. There's nothing wrong with that concept, and you have a problem with it. THEN WHY THE HECK ARE YOU ON THIS SITE TO BEGIN WITH!?
The problem is JRPG is not enough people are buying them. Don't complain if game ABC or XYZ isn't getting an English release.

I agree. We aren't a goddamn charity.

If a developer wants me to pay full price, they should simply make a better game where I would want to pay for full price, and make it good enough that people won't warrant the idea of trading a game in for me to even buy it used.
So true. I am algorithmic and methodical in my used game buy in and resell timeline to get minimized price/play time, but there are games like Tales and Naruto, various LEs/CEs that I buy new and day one. So as long as the game is attractive enough, even a cheap bastard like me will buy new.

The problem is JRPG is not enough people are buying them. Don't complain if game ABC or XYZ isn't getting an English release.
I think the people who complain about the lack of English releases are the ones who bought the game day one already. The western market is just too small, which is sad.

Damnit...one of the few games I have left on my wish list from this gen and I can't order it.  Add me to those who have submitted a match to Amazon.  Even tried going to the community page to try and setup an account, and this is the message I got after entering my info, "Sorry, but you are not permitted to enter this site at this time."

Errrrr

Ordering is up and running now and lets you checkout if any of you were still interested in ordering. Just checked out, tax and shipping is terrible but still a decent price.

I don't really remember quite honestly. Can you create an account then buy? I don't really remembe

I see, so this issue is with these specific games and not the store as a whole?
It seems like it. I was able to add a different game, create an account, delete the other game and then add Tales of Graces. Shipping cost sucks but it is still $12 cheaper than Amazon after shipping/tax for me.

Ugh...all that waiting just to find out that the shop doesn't like my city/zip combination. So much fail.

Edit: So much weirdness. Works fine now.

hmm do you guys think the game will get cheaper? it doesnt seem like any of the other sites have eg. newegg bestbuy etc.. only amazon. I kinda dont wanna pay 6 dollars shipping just like everyone else. But if the game seems super rare and I wanna play it, this might be the cheapest it'll get right?

It seems like it. I was able to add a different game, create an account, delete the other game and then add Tales of Graces. Shipping cost sucks but it is still $12 cheaper than Amazon after shipping/tax for me.
adding a different game, then edit before sumbit works. Thx

hmm do you guys think the game will get cheaper? it doesnt seem like any of the other sites have eg. newegg bestbuy etc.. only amazon. I kinda dont wanna pay 6 dollars shipping just like everyone else. But if the game seems super rare and I wanna play it, this might be the cheapest it'll get right?
Who knows. It's a good game though. I finished it in June. It does tend to dragon and overstay its welcome by about 10 hours to the point that I just let the computer control all the characters in fights (except boss fights).

Unless they reprint its PROBABLY not going to be much cheaper unless amazon clearances them.

I think ni no kuni must have had a bunch of printings which is why it's so cheap. Amazingly Ni No Kuni is in amazons top 100 games sold for the year.

edit:

24th best selling game of the year so far.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames#2

edit 2:

It's above bioshock infinite that sold 4 million copies so it's probably sold even more unless Amazon is somehow an anomaly. I think we'll be seeing more Studio Ghibli tie ins.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-sales-pass-4-million/

bread's done
Back