Tales of Symphonia Chronicles $14.99 @ Amazon

Easily one of my favorite RPGs ever and still my favorite in the series (barring Xillia 2, which I haven't played yet). 

I was so stoked when this was announced, bought the CE and everything... and yet, I still haven't played it. Sucks being adult and not having time.:whistle2:

Problem is they are shitty remasters with frame rate issues all over the place, great games, just shitty remasters
Yep the remaster doesn't do the original Tales of Symphonia justice. The framerate is awful. I had to stop playing like an hour and a half in, because it was so bad.

Anyone who has never played Tales of Symphonia is better off tracking down a used Gamecube copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't stop yourself from getting a good deal on a great game that provides a good beginning into the Tales series. I played only a little bit of it so far and am liking it. For $15 why not am I right!?

This is an excellent deal! I picked this up last year and loved both of them. Be warned though, they both take several hours for the story to pick up. That said, they easily make my top 10 favorites of all time.

Also, I know that it gets a lot of hate, but I honestly liked Dawn of the New World much more than the original. I enjoyed the story more, the battle system was drastically improved, and I felt far more attached to the characters.

1082%20-%20head_tilt%20kane%20mask%20wwf.png

I ordered this last night. I've never played a Tales game before, but heard lots of good things about them. Can't wait to play it, though it'll probably sit on a shelf for awhile because my backlog of games is getting to be too much.

I already have Symphonia for GC and DotNW for Wii. With the abysmal framerate, I'll wait for $10 or cheaper.

I ordered this last night. I've never played a Tales game before, but heard lots of good things about them. Can't wait to play it, though it'll probably sit on a shelf for awhile because my backlog of games is getting to be too much.
Put this game at the front of your backlog. It is fantastic. I mean it. Whatever else you have can wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
posted this deal two nights ago on the Japanese Niche Games thread, and no one gave a fuck. Figures.
I have had it but it was a nice post...remember in the niche thread all they care about is announcements, Japanese videos of games including not licensed ones and LEs. Very few deals are ever to be found.

Bought it 10 days ago from Amazon for $17.99 assuming it would never drop any lower in price...

Note that it does NOT include a user manual, so don't be surprised when you open it up.

Great price for great games got the CE wish I had time to play the remaster played them both on the gamecube/wii both are fantastic even Dawn of the New World who can go wrong with two Tales games for $15? :)

there was a first print LE of this right? was able to get the CE but haven't opened it. 

is the frame rate that bad? I was near the end on the GCN. only issue I had with it then were lighting issues (likely old tv made the lightning lighthouse area unbareable).

bread's done
Back