Tales of the Abyss (3DS): In Stock @ Amazon

In case Amazon sells out, Gamestop still has it for order too. Also, pretty much every gamestop in my state has it but it's listed as "low stock" however many that means.

[quote name='remag']In case Amazon sells out, Gamestop still has it for order too. Also, pretty much every gamestop in my state has it but it's listed as "low stock" however many that means.[/QUOTE]

Ya, probably the second wave going out. Gamestop's tracker never works right anyways though. Last time I used Gamestop's tracker was to try and find a Skyward Sword CE, all stores were listed as low-stock, but most Gamestops actually never even got enough for preorders.

[quote name='Link2999']Ya, probably the second wave going out. Gamestop's tracker never works right anyways though. Last time I used Gamestop's tracker was to try and find a Skyward Sword CE, all stores were listed as low-stock, but most Gamestops actually never even got enough for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're trying to trick people into going to the store.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']bought this and mass effect for full price, i think im doing this wrong lol.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect, yeah, probably. This? Kind of hard to find; it might not really drop in price due to that. I had my Best Buy pre-order canceled and it took a month to get it from another site.

[quote name='Prismatico']Mass Effect, yeah, probably. This? Kind of hard to find; it might not really drop in price due to that. I had my Best Buy pre-order canceled and it took a month to get it from another site.[/QUOTE]

in my defense, i really wanna replay me1 and 2 so i can get ready for 3, and $19.99 is the cheapest its been since me3 came out so i said screw it :)

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']in my defense, i really wanna replay me1 and 2 so i can get ready for 3, and $19.99 is the cheapest its been since me3 came out so i said screw it :)[/QUOTE]

Hopefully BioWare fixes the character import bug in ME3 by the time you're ready to start.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']in my defense, i really wanna replay me1 and 2 so i can get ready for 3, and $19.99 is the cheapest its been since me3 came out so i said screw it :)[/QUOTE]
it's insane, i never knew Mass Effect would be so rare, it's even trading for $16 at amazon now.

[quote name='exaznkid']it's insane, i never knew Mass Effect would be so rare, it's even trading for $16 at amazon now.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not rare. It's currently in-print and Amazon has more than 999 new copies of it in stock. The demand has shot up recently because Mass Effect 3 has come out. I talked to an employee at Gamestop and he said they had stacks of used copies sitting in stock for months until the new game came out, and then they sold out.

Meh, Dragon Quest V was going for a lot the longest time and got reprinted, late in the DS's life cycle none the less.

Overclock has been re-printed multiple times with the demand and was even $30 once. I'd say give this time and it will drop if your looking into saving money. However, if you got no other games to play/buy I'd say grab it now

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Meh, Dragon Quest V was going for a lot the longest time and got reprinted, late in the DS's life cycle none the less.

Overclock has been re-printed multiple times with the demand and was even $30 once. I'd say give this time and it will drop if your looking into saving money. However, if you got no other games to play/buy I'd say grab it now[/QUOTE]

Dragon Quest kept the buzz going with another remake and a new installment (IX) that benefited from a decent marketing push by Nintendo for once, plus that's not Namco Bandai. They're quite unpredictable. Atlus actually listens to its fans almost all the time, so Overclock is no indication of the future of this either.

Best game on the 3DS right now, IMO. I was unfortunate to not play this on PS2, but thankfully it came out for 3DS. I'm considering buying the anime, but it's not english dub... turn off for me.

How are the load times on this? I played the PS2 version for a good while but eventually quit because I just couldnt take the several second loads for every battle.

[quote name='MSI Magus']How are the load times on this? I played the PS2 version for a good while but eventually quit because I just couldnt take the several second loads for every battle.[/QUOTE]

There is absolutely no loading problems at all.

Was this game carried in retailers (Walmart/Target/BB/Kmart/TRU)?

If I don't buy this now, am I going to be unable to find it later?

[quote name='adamical']Was this game carried in retailers (Walmart/Target/BB/Kmart/TRU)?

If I don't buy this now, am I going to be unable to find it later?[/QUOTE]My local Target had at least 2 copies, last I checked.

Bought one awhile back...Thought you CAGers know that all Tales games eventually get rare and expensive. I don't recall ever seeing a Tales game sell for cheap after a couple of year after it came out. More then likely it'll be out of print. I'd say buy now, to at least have a copy or risk paying extortion amount on the marketplace and ebay down the road.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Meh, Dragon Quest V was going for a lot the longest time and got reprinted, late in the DS's life cycle none the less.

Overclock has been re-printed multiple times with the demand and was even $30 once. I'd say give this time and it will drop if your looking into saving money. However, if you got no other games to play/buy I'd say grab it now[/QUOTE]

By that logic we should all wait 2-3 years before buying anything that comes out right now. That would be rather bleak for publishing/development companies.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought one awhile back...Thought you CAGers know that all Tales games eventually get rare and expensive. I don't recall ever seeing a Tales game sell for cheap after a couple of year after it came out. More then likely it'll be out of print. I'd say buy now, to at least have a copy or risk paying extortion amount on the marketplace and ebay down the road.[/QUOTE]

Lies.

Tales of Vesperia went as low as $15 a year after it came out according to camelcamelcamel. I do recall buying Vesperia for that price as a deal of the day (I think TWEWY was also on sale during that time). Not only that but early last year/mid last year Walmarts were having Tales of the Abyss(PS2) for $19.99 in their bargain bins.

I'm not saying it couldn't get rare, but it doesn't always happen.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Bought one awhile back...Thought you CAGers know that all Tales games eventually get rare and expensive. I don't recall ever seeing a Tales game sell for cheap after a couple of year after it came out. More then likely it'll be out of print. I'd say buy now, to at least have a copy or risk paying extortion amount on the marketplace and ebay down the road.[/QUOTE]

I can still get tales of legendia(SP?) brand new for $14.99

I'm pretty sure the only reason Vesperia got so cheap is because it was released on xbox live for 30 dollars. However, Abyss and Legendia did get cheap for a while near the end of the ps2 cycle. I personally preordered Abyss 3ds due to my love for jrpgs and the Tales of series. If you are on the fence about getting it I say go for it. With the rate Bamco is releasing Tales of games in the states Abyss 3ds might be one of the last.

[quote name='MSI Magus']How are the load times on this? I played the PS2 version for a good while but eventually quit because I just couldnt take the several second loads for every battle.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this video will help you. It shows how much faster the 3ds loads sequences.

Video Showing Load Time Comparison

[quote name='sylveranking']By that logic we should all wait 2-3 years before buying anything that comes out right now. That would be rather bleak for publishing/development companies.[/QUOTE]

In general most games drop in price/go on sale within six months of release, thats when I buy a majority of my games'. With the amount of games out there, a game should be AAA quality to get my money anyways.

[quote name='Ray5555']I can still get tales of legendia(SP?) brand new for $14.99[/QUOTE]
That's because Tales of Legendia sucks ass. :roll:

[quote name='sylveranking']I think Tales of Vesperia is unique as being the first mass produced tales game.[/QUOTE]

actually that would be Symphonia

I had a few people say this was rare but I'm seeing it in about 4 different local shops.

I'll wait till christmas, or a good sale.

[quote name='kayne2000']http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Symphon..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1332550600&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

That price is pretty much just random Amazon sellers trying to take advantage of buyers who don't know any better. You can also find Amazon sellers trying to sell a pair of second hand strategy guides for FF7 & FF8 for almost $800, it doesn't mean that's the going price. New copies of ToS can be had on eBay for about $60, a price which could possibly be the result of the hype of a new Tales game generating a spike in interest for the older games. Just $10 over the original retail isn't too uncommon for a console RPG in a well known series that has been out of print for eight years.

Here's a breakdown of the sales for each Tales game.

[quote name='Gourd']Perhaps this video will help you. It shows how much faster the 3ds loads sequences.

Video Showing Load Time Comparison

[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks! That helps tremendously! Really excited to play this now. I enjoyed it so much on the PS2, but after about 6-10 hours of play I just couldnt take the load times anymore!

As for the whole pricing debate. I look at it this way now.

If 10 games are released in a year that may or may not be rare 3 of them end up actually being rare/expensive. If you assume all games are $50 for easy math and that the rare games double in value that means at year end you would spend $500 picking up all 10. Meanwhile if you want to wait for prices to drop in half and do so and are forced to pay double for those 3, then end of the day you pay like half that much.

I gave up on trying to predict what games would be rare and which ones would not a long time ago. Buy them if you want to play them right away, otherwise wait for price drops and accept having to overpay for a few rare ones. Its cheaper in the long run.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow, thanks! That helps tremendously! Really excited to play this now. I enjoyed it so much on the PS2, but after about 6-10 hours of play I just couldnt take the load times anymore!

As for the whole pricing debate. I look at it this way now.

If 10 games are released in a year that may or may not be rare 3 of them end up actually being rare/expensive. If you assume all games are $50 for easy math and that the rare games double in value that means at year end you would spend $500 picking up all 10. Meanwhile if you want to wait for prices to drop in half and do so and are forced to pay double for those 3, then end of the day you pay like half that much.

I gave up on trying to predict what games would be rare and which ones would not a long time ago. Buy them if you want to play them right away, otherwise wait for price drops and accept having to overpay for a few rare ones. Its cheaper in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of "it's an Atlus game, buy 30 copies!" people regarding Odin Sphere way back...made a mistake on that one. Never again.

bread's done
Back