Tales of The Abyss 3DS

grrouchie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Anyone excited for this re-release/port?

I have not played a Tales game yet and am very excited to be picking this up when it comes out.

Not a whole lot has excited me about the 3DS yet, but this one tickles my fancy.

[quote name='nixmahn']What system is it a port of again?[/QUOTE]

PS2. I kind of look forward to getting this as well. Will also pick up Tekken Prime on the same release day (2/14).

I am definitely interested..once I get a 3DS that is. I am still catching up from GBA and DS though, so I have not yet made the leap yet.

Tempted to buy this, since I am a longtime fan of the tales games, but I may have to wait until it's cheaper, since I don't like the characters in this game very much

Played up to the point where I get into my first battle and am enjoying it so far. Plays just like Tales of Vesperia, which is a good thing.

The lack of voice acting in the skits is kinda weird after playing Vesperia, but I can over look that. I hate how you can't advance the text though. At least it's in 3d.

Picked it up since I didnt finish it on PS2. Looking forward to it. I too would love if they localized that Vita one. Looked good!

Having a lot of fun with this one! Even though I've played though it before I'm having a lot of fun playing it on a portable system.

This came up in my Amazon Gold Box today ($37.99). Do you guys think I should order it now, or try and wait to see if they put it in a b1g1 or something down the road?

[quote name='2DMention']I got frustrated with the boss fights and bored with this game and decided to put it up on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Your effectiveness really relies on equipment in this game. The game almost forces you to spend Gald early on.

[quote name='Nogib']Yeesh, talk about another pathetic manual... Be sure to grab the full thing at http://www.talesrpg.com/manuals/pdf/TOTA_Manual_EN.zip[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for posting that!

I'm really enjoying this version of Tales of the Abyss. I have a PS2 copy which I never completed due to the load times.

The game simply flows better on the 3ds. The game controls the same, the load times are very short, and portability really makes the grinding less onerous; if you're stuck in line somewhere you can practice your battle techniques.

Stereoscopic 3D doesn't add much to the game experience however. In my opinion.

I'm rather glad I was able to score a copy of this game, as I briefly lost track of all games I was interested in buying due to some personal drama over the last few months.

My gamestop close to me claims it's in stock so I am going to take a run up there and grab it tomorrow. Never played this game but I did enjoy Symphonia and well might as well grab it before it gets rare.

Symphonia is by far my favorite tales game, and I'm definitely enjoying this so far, but that could just be the all star voice cast.

Grabbed me a sealed copy at gamestop today. Played about 30 mins so far, liking this game.

Are there any internet guides out there for it? Just as a reference if I get stuck. I know probably gamefaqs has some, but is there a wiki or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back