Tales of Vesperia $27.99 Amazon (NO Affiliate) *In stock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
will have to pick up soon, I got it when it came out and played it for a good 25 hours into part 2 then shelved it once all the AAA fall games came out. sold it a while ago

It will be in my backlog of RPGs including Xenogears, Lost Odyssey, Persona 4, and if I ever get the chance Chrono Trigger and FFIV

Is there a lot of reading in this RPG? or are there more voice'd interactions when I press (A) to talk? I don't like it when there is a lot of reading...

seems like a price drop with the envitable ps3 version releasing. I guess I will wait a few months considering it should be the same price then.

[quote name='k9homan']Is there a lot of reading in this RPG? or are there more voice'd interactions when I press (A) to talk? I don't like it when there is a lot of reading...[/QUOTE]

Then why play a RPG at all?

On topic, great deal. I bought it at launch and don't regret it one bit. 35+ hours for the main quest plus lots more with side quests. At this price, it's a steal.

[quote name='k9homan']Is there a lot of reading in this RPG? or are there more voice'd interactions when I press (A) to talk? I don't like it when there is a lot of reading...[/QUOTE]

There are a lot more cut scenes and voice acting in TOV than most JRPGs. There are still scenes though that probably should have been voiced, but were not that appear in the game.

There is reading (some forced), but for the most part it is up to you.

If you are against reading and playing ANY RPG game or action game with some story--- you are in for some trouble.

Also --- BUY THIS GAME.

[quote name='KaitouDark']I would put this at the top of the backlog list, then xenogears and persona 4[/QUOTE]

Get your priorities straight. It should be xenogears then persona 4 and finally ToV.

I think maybe you should wait for the PS3 version. There is going to be more voice over work in that one because of the extra space on the Blu-ray disk.

I saw this at work today, but I couldn't post it then due to company policy. Despite the large backlog, I bit on this deal.

Much like Ninja Gaiden 2 ($20 on the 360), I'm gonna wait for the PS3 version. However, it is a good deal for those who only own a 360.

Wow just bought it used at Gamestop for $27 figuring I had a deal, then an hour later I read this? lol. Well not gonna bother returning it since it was in complete edition. Very good deal considering most eBay copies were going for near $40ish complete.

took 10months to drop. I wanted get this game for sometime now, but since I waited this long, Might as well wait a litllte more until ps3 version comes out and wait that version to drop 30buvks.

[quote name='Darrith']Great price. And I thought I was getting a deal from the affiliate the other day for ~$36.

Ah well...:-({|=[/QUOTE]

Me too. Good for them for sniffing out the price drop and unloading their stock for that price at the right time. More power to them, and it was certainly their right to do that, but it's the last time they get my business.

[quote name='weisskrutz']now only if star ocean would drop i would be in heaven... ~.~[/QUOTE]

shouldnt be too long from now.

i hope, seems like it takes games to be out almost 12 months to get a decent price drop, just cannot convince myself to pay 59.99 for a freaking game. Unless its Final Fantasy :D then maybe I might.

Well It's a RPG, and a high rated one at that. RPGs tend to hold their value well the longest usually. Unless they suck really badly or are over produced (Blue Dragon for example).

It's now $29.68 + $4.25 S/H = $33.93 shipped @ Buy.Com

http://www.buy.com/prod/tales-of-vesperia/q/loc/108/207536756.html

Of course, with Free Shipping @ Amazon, Buy.com wont be your first option. But combined with the used price @ gamestop, it might just be another sign of a universal price drop.

Edit: Just noticed that though it's listed on Buy.com, it's offered by Beach Audio, which has already been mentioned. So I guess it's nothing new.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='weisskrutz']i hope, seems like it takes games to be out almost 12 months to get a decent price drop, just cannot convince myself to pay 59.99 for a freaking game. Unless its Final Fantasy :D then maybe I might.[/QUOTE]

Fanboy? LOL I love FF as much as the next guy but ToV is worth $60 IMO. Even better at lower prices.

i was just at gamestop and I just spotted this @ 29.99 new also... though ill stick w/ my amazon. FSSS + io Tax + Non gutted copy means my monies goes to amazon.

The only Tales game I ever played was Tales of Destiny II for the PSOne and I hated the real-time battle system. Is this more of the same but with much better graphics?

if i bought mine at best buy for 60$ last week would i be able to price match i don't see it on their website, so how would i know if it had a price drop in best buy go and ask? yyeea

So, it's definitely a price drop? If so, I can wait. Otherwise, I'm biting now.

1 more thing though, whats gonna be in the Ps3 version?

Edit: Never mind, after looking at what the ps3 version is getting, I'll wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']So, it's definitely a price drop? If so, I can wait. Otherwise, I'm biting now.

1 more thing though, whats gonna be in the Ps3 version?[/QUOTE]

From the Wiki. I suggest getting the PS3 Version if you can wait.

Full voice acting
Flynn as a playable character
Ties-In with Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
New playable character, a pirate girl called Patty Fleur
New Cutscenes
New Subplots
New Costumes
New Bosses (Including the Sword Dancer)
New Dungeons
New Hi Ougi/Mystic Artes
New Skits
New Animated Scenes
New Sidequests
New Songs
New Artes
Repede as a selectable on screen avatar

ITS very useful post tnx to share it.....
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Well not everyone has $400 to blow on a PS3. Personally the PS3 is the only system I don't own, and probably will never own for a few more years. My wife is a RPG fanatic and the price is very good. Plus I'm sure the PS3 price will be $60 for quite some time.

I've always been a fan of the tales series, no matter how bad or low quality the game is.

I also want Star Ocean to drop in price soon ;D.

I so want this game, but i really want the PS3 version. Which mean i will have to wait another year to get it.:cry:

maybe they got OOS on it and are expecting more.. If u dont wanna wait the 2-4 weeks goto a local Gamestop/EBGames

Nice deal. I plan on playing Vesperia at some point but I don't know if I wanna pull the trigger right now. I still have to finish Lost Odyssey as I am only on the second disk at the moment.

I'm pretty sure I'de enjoy it, however. I played Tales of Symphonia on the gamecube and enjoyed it. I never got around to finishing it though.

What surprised me about the price drop, is that everyone was telling me that there wasn't going to be one b/c the game is out of print, so I figured this would become rare and stay around $60.00...

[quote name='weisskrutz']gamestop has the price drop too? according to the website brand new is still 59.99[/QUOTE]

I'll check in-store later today and see if a new copy is down to $30. Since gamestop.com is OoS on the game, they probably decided not to show a price drop on new copies. If used is $27, I can almost guarantee a new copy is $30.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'll check in-store later today and see if a new copy is down to $30. Since gamestop.com is OoS on the game, they probably decided not to show a price drop on new copies. If used is $27, I can almost guarantee a new copy is $30.[/QUOTE]

Just came back from Gamestop and I can confirm Tales new rings up for $30 in-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back