Tales Of Vesperia 29.99 new on Amazon.com

Eh, I kind of wanted to try this game, but knowing there's a far superior version likely not even being released here kills it for me.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']I think it's been as cheap as $14 on amazon before. Thanks for posting though.[/QUOTE]

I got it when it was $14.98 on black friday and then it went OOS on Amazon.
..I still haven't played it yet. Damn Disgaea 2.

An absolutely great game, it was $15 during the black Friday week sales and I don't think it'll hit that low for awhile. I'd pull the trigger on this one as it is truly a well made game.

Bought it for $15 from Amazon a while back, but had a backlog, so I sold it on eBay a few weeks ago. Apparently a sealed copy goes for $45+ these days.

Does anyone know what the going rate is for a new CE with all 3 soundtracks? (volume 1 was in the case, vol. 2 & 3 were mail aways with a code inside the Steel Book).

Curious because I have never played it & might just put it on eBay instead.

Sweetness. I got this back on Black Friday but the copy I got had a big ol nasty scratch up the front. Since Christmas returns go through Jan 31st I can get a replacement!

I'm playing Eternal Sonata right now and not really enjoying it too much, should I just jump straight to Vesperia or continue on in Eternal?

Great deal! One of the best Japanese RPG games available. If you are a fan, you don't want to miss this one. I believe it will be OOP soon if not already and the price will only escalate. Amazon seems to be the only retailer selling brand new copies. Gamestop is selling it for 32.99 USED online.

Great game, glad I bought the special edition when it first came out. I want to play the PS3 version.

[quote name='prateeko']Sweetness. I got this back on Black Friday but the copy I got had a big ol nasty scratch up the front. Since Christmas returns go through Jan 31st I can get a replacement![/QUOTE]

did you get yours from amazon on bf? mine had a large vertical scratch on the front as well. though annoying, i just swapped out the case and lived with it

since then, though.. i've fallen in love with the game and am now hoping they release the ps3 version to the us

[quote name='gospelman']did you get yours from amazon on bf? mine had a large vertical scratch on the front as well. though annoying, i just swapped out the case and lived with it

since then, though.. i've fallen in love with the game and am now hoping they release the ps3 version to the us[/QUOTE]

From what I know, there is a superior version of the same game for PS3 in terms of new contents.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']From what I know, there is a superior version of the same game for PS3 in terms of new contents.[/QUOTE]
Only sold well in Japan for about 2 weeks and it disappeared from the charts. Will an english version EVER hit the US market???

[quote name='Gbear09']I'm playing Eternal Sonata right now and not really enjoying it too much, should I just jump straight to Vesperia or continue on in Eternal?[/QUOTE]

Finish up eternal sonata, it's sappy and all, but few games begin with the death (dying) of the main character, nor are they (loosly) based on classical composers.

(i doubt you'll get all 1000gamerscore since the remaining 600+ points REQUIRE the second play through, which is longer/fuller than the first).

Vesperia, i enjoyed alot. I'd have continued playing it till i got all 1000, except i got distracted by other good games, and i have a backlog (woot for CAG) that's just gnawing at me whenever i think about replaying a game. Great combat system, long game, and a good hidden island (Nam Cobanda Island, NamcoBandaI-sland, stupid company snaking their name in there).

Although 30$ seems steep for it, I snagged it on B2G1 at TRU a long time ago (kinda wish i coulda got it on BF, but i already had it). Glad to know it's still getting interest.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']From what I know, there is a superior version of the same game for PS3 in terms of new contents.[/QUOTE]

correct, including two new playable characters. however, it hasn't been released to north america. the BD is reigon free if you feel like dealing with the japanese. from what i've read, everything is speculative right now but if the ps3 version does get brought to NA, it will be likely announced in the next 2-3 months

[quote name='Haggar']Does anyone know what the going rate is for a new CE with all 3 soundtracks? (volume 1 was in the case, vol. 2 & 3 were mail aways with a code inside the Steel Book).

Curious because I have never played it & might just put it on eBay instead.[/QUOTE]

If it's still sealed, put it up on eBay unless you're a big fan of the game. One factory sealed one recently sold for $122.50.

The normal version is tanking on eBay now though since there's renewed stock from Amazon, I guess

[quote name='gospelman']did you get yours from amazon on bf? mine had a large vertical scratch on the front as well. though annoying, i just swapped out the case and lived with it

since then, though.. i've fallen in love with the game and am now hoping they release the ps3 version to the us[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did! I figured it was a fluke accident kind of thing since both the case and the coverart had the scratch (almost tore through what with these new eco-friendly cases)...

[quote name='prateeko']Yeah, I did! I figured it was a fluke accident kind of thing since both the case and the coverart had the scratch (almost tore through what with these new eco-friendly cases)...[/QUOTE]

Ok this is off topic, but I googled and didn't get a definite answer.. are these eco-friendly cases rough/grainy on top? thinner plastic sleeve?

[quote name='jcmproch']Ok this is off topic, but I googled and didn't get a definite answer.. are these eco-friendly cases rough/grainy on top? thinner plastic sleeve?[/QUOTE]

The clearest identifier of the eco-friendly cases is that they have a plastic "wheel" cut out the sides of the case.

[quote name='Shampy']Is it too late to send in for the soundtracks?[/QUOTE]

I sent for the Vol 2 soundtrack when they announced it roughly a year ago, and never got it. In fact, I don't know anyone who ever did.

[quote name='ShinAkuma']I sent for the Vol 2 soundtrack when they announced it roughly a year ago, and never got it. In fact, I don't know anyone who ever did.[/QUOTE]

I got mine. They sent Vol. 3 along with it.

Pardon the pics of everything else. This was in my album and I am too lazy to snap a pic of the soundtracks by themselves. Click to zoom. They are on the left and right of the PSP game.

[IMG-L=5863]10418[/IMG-L]

Also would like to note that everyone should pick this up. The price will continue to rise and you probably wont get it for cheaper. Unless they reprint it. But why chance it. $30 is a good price for the best JRPG on the :360:

[quote name='Gbear09']I'm playing Eternal Sonata right now and not really enjoying it too much, should I just jump straight to Vesperia or continue on in Eternal?[/QUOTE]
I'm about 10 hours into Eternal Sonata right now, and greatly enjoying it, but I would say that Vesperia is the better game. The battle system is a little more strategic than the straight button mashing of Sonata, and the story is a little less cut directly from the same old anime cloth-- or at least the characters/world put interesting twists on the same old tropes. If you don't like the gameplay of Sonata, then you are not going to find anything radically different in Tales of Vesperia, but if you like the gameplay but find the characters or plot tedious, I'd say there's a good chance you'll find Vesperia more compelling.

[quote name='leopaw']Only sold well in Japan for about 2 weeks and it disappeared from the charts. Will an english version EVER hit the US market???[/QUOTE]

To be fair it is already the best selling Tales game of all time. They are already talking making ToV 2 as well. Plus the console market is dying slowly over there. The handheld market dominates in Japan.

I still hold hope for them to bring the :ps3: over here. Slim chance it looks like but still some hope.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']To be fair it is already the best selling Tales game of all time. They are already talking making ToV 2 as well. Plus the console market is dying slowly over there. The handheld market dominates in Japan.

I still hold hope for them to bring the :ps3: over here. Slim chance it looks like but still some hope.[/QUOTE]

Unless Vesperia sold a million copy I am pretty sure it is no where close to Destiny or even Destiny 2

[quote name='buckythekat']it is weird to me they haven't brought TOV :ps3: over yet but they brought Eternal Sonata over[/QUOTE]

There is a lot more stuff they need to translate for the PS3 ToV than PS3 eternal sonata

[quote name='buckythekat']waiting for the PS3 version to get localized[/QUOTE]

It gets repetaed in each one of these threads, but don't hold your breath.

Apparantly Microsoft paid for all the voice/translation work to bring ToV over to the US. The Special Edition is supposed have a massive amount more of dialouge and if it's to come over to the PS3 I HIGHLY doube Microsoft would share the work they paid to have done, in which case it would be cost prohibitive for Namco-Bandai to bring it over.

If you have a 360, I'd rent/get this game and enjoy it since you may be waiting for a while. And for comparision, I don't think Eternal Sonata had much work that needed to be done to bring it over...

[quote name='prateeko']It gets repetaed in each one of these threads, but don't hold your breath.

Apparantly Microsoft paid for all the voice/translation work to bring ToV over to the US. The Special Edition is supposed have a massive amount more of dialouge and if it's to come over to the PS3 I HIGHLY doube Microsoft would share the work they paid to have done, in which case it would be cost prohibitive for Namco-Bandai to bring it over.

If you have a 360, I'd rent/get this game and enjoy it since you may be waiting for a while. And for comparision, I don't think Eternal Sonata had much work that needed to be done to bring it over...[/QUOTE]

can you post a link on MS paying for the translation?

[quote name='62t']Unless Vesperia sold a million copy I am pretty sure it is no where close to Destiny or even Destiny 2[/QUOTE]

Ooops my bad made a typo. I was clearly not thinking. I meant to say that it is the best selling Tales game in its opening week. Not ever. Wow... :whistle2:#

http://kotaku.com/5363045/ps3-tales-of-vesperia-sees-biggest-tales-sales-ever

Too bad that console gaming is a dying trend though. It probably would have been the best sales ever period but yep handheld gaming dominates over there.

Pretty staggering sales numbers though for it over there. :)

[quote name='62t']can you post a link on MS paying for the translation?[/QUOTE]

Seconded

[quote name='62t']can you post a link on MS paying for the translation?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there is an actual story on this. I remember reading this, too, but can't remember where I read it. This makes sense though because ToV was built exclusively for the 360 and its release to the States was incredibly fast. In fact, I think the Japanese and US versions were released in the same month. That normally doesn't happen for Japanese RPGs.

In other words, MS paid to get the translation done.

That explains why it's VERY unlikely ToV will see light of day on PS3. To release an old RPG on a console to sell it to a few thousand gamers just doesn't make any business sense. Namco would probably not pay for the recording and Sony isn't likely to want to pay, either.

I think ToV2 will make it to the PS3 -- though if DQ and VC2 is any indication, ToV2 might end up on the DS.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']The Kotaku link states Tales for PS3 sold 147,000 in it's first day, not week so... You know what? Forget I was even here...[/QUOTE]

The first week sale is still less than other Tales games

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375233
And if you follow the source (Japanese link) at kotaku it actually said the fastest selling Tales game since 2007

[quote name='romeogbs19']I don't know if there is an actual story on this. I remember reading this, too, but can't remember where I read it. This makes sense though because ToV was built exclusively for the 360 and its release to the States was incredibly fast. In fact, I think the Japanese and US versions were released in the same month. That normally doesn't happen for Japanese RPGs.

In other words, MS paid to get the translation done.

That explains why it's VERY unlikely ToV will see light of day on PS3. To release an old RPG on a console to sell it to a few thousand gamers just doesn't make any business sense. Namco would probably not pay for the recording and Sony isn't likely to want to pay, either.

I think ToV2 will make it to the PS3 -- though if DQ and VC2 is any indication, ToV2 might end up on the DS.[/QUOTE]

Star Ocean 4 was also released in the same month for US and Japan.

[quote name='willardhaven']I think MS or Namco printed more, this game was out of stock for a while. It's a great game and my reason for getting a 360.[/QUOTE]

They did print more. These are in eco-friendly cases.

[quote name='prateeko']
Apparantly Microsoft paid for all the voice/translation work to bring ToV over to the US. [/QUOTE]

This also "supposedly" happened with Tales of Symphonia thus the US never got it for the PS2 (replace Microsoft with Nintendo in this case).

Who knows if it'll come out in the PS3. This is how I see it: Namco USA has a dart board in the office to figure out the next Tales game to bring to the US.

But, $30 for currently the best JRPG on the 360 is a great deal considering before the reprint the price for a new copy was climbing back to original retail.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I got mine. They sent Vol. 3 along with it.

Pardon the pics of everything else. This was in my album and I am too lazy to snap a pic of the soundtracks by themselves. Click to zoom. They are on the left and right of the PSP game.

[IMG-L=5863]10418[/IMG-L]

Also would like to note that everyone should pick this up. The price will continue to rise and you probably wont get it for cheaper. Unless they reprint it. But why chance it. $30 is a good price for the best JRPG on the :360:[/QUOTE]

Damn, that pic is hot! I feel inferior with only 2 copies of Vesperia. I just picked up Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 to complete my Tales collection and I paid $55 and $50 used. ZxT is absolutely right, don't take a chance. $30 is a great price.

bread's done
Back