Tales of Vesperia $30 on amazon, worth it?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am tempted to pick up that Tales of Vesperia for the 360 on Amazon for $30. It is a game I'd like to play eventually, although I do have some backlog to get through. Do you think it is worth it to pick it up now, or wait until I have worked through some of my other titles before getting it, in the hopes of it being cheaper?

I am just afraid it will go out of stock/out of print and I will be forced to look for a used copy, which isn't terrible in principle but if it is hard to find at that point it will probably still be $30 anyways. And I would not mind splashing out a little extra for a sealed copy anyhow.

Ruahrc

It is absolutely worth buying. If you enjoyed Tales of Symphonia or Tales of the Abyss, you will love Vesperia (Though I did enjoy Abyss' story a bit more).

If you haven't played either one, I'm not sure exactly what to compare it to. The combat is similar to Star Ocean, and if you haven't played that then just imagine a simplified beat em up.

Still, if you have a PS3 I would hold off for a bit. An enhanced version was released there in Japan recently, with two more playable characters, more combos, more sidequests, more minigames, extra endgame bosses, and bonus costumes. It's the better game, though it hasn't been announced for America yet and I wouldn't recommend getting a PS3 for it.

before amazon got more copies it was selling for $50. It is not going to get cheaper, only more expensiv

Yes, it's one of my favorite RPG's this generation and like you said it most likely will not drop lower in price.

I had picked it up for $12.50ish via amazon, I'm seeing that it's trade in value had dropped recently. So I'm not sure that it will hold the $30. If it is just going on the backlog I'd wait... it's still on my backlog.

[quote name='Calico']I had picked it up for $12.50ish via amazon, I'm seeing that it's trade in value had dropped recently. So I'm not sure that it will hold the $30. If it is just going on the backlog I'd wait... it's still on my backlog.[/QUOTE]
This...

...and I'm going to have to be the first vote of dissent in this thread. I just couldn't get into it at all. Didn't like the combat much but hated to set it on auto-pilot even more.

Tales of Vesperia is AMAZING! BEST JRPG ON XBOX 360! It's becoming harder to get nowadays, not to mention Gamestop has jacked the USED price up to $34.99 now. So $30 new isn't bad....especially for Tales, hell I paid $30 at K-Mart for it and I loved every minute of it! BUY IT!

bread's done
Back