Tales of Vesperia 360 $19.99 @ TRU B&M

devil_blog_dracula

CAGiversary!
I just came back from my local Toys R Us and Tales of Vesperia for the Xbox 360 was marked down to $19.99.

I did a quick check online and it's still listed at $39.99 and is "temporarily out of stock."

If you're a Tales fan, it might be worth your time to give your local TRU a call.

Happy hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet deal man! I was eyeing this game forever and just ordered it this weekend from Newegg. It was $28 but with 10% cash back from bing was about $25, which is only $3 more after tax here in texas from the TRU price, but wish I had known since I could have had instant gratification!

It is NOT YMMV. It has been that price for, I believe, three weeks. Was on the price drop list from corporate. I mentioned when I bought it in another thread, but I have no clue which one. Anyway, the point is, any TRU that has it, it should ring up $20, dispite what it is tagged at.

Great. Deserving of its own thread rather than buried on page 60.

I debated this when it was DotD at Amazon awhile back. Had it in my cart and was reading up on the game when I decided to pull the trigger. By that point it was sold out - now I am glad I hesitated and can (hopefully) get it cheaper.

Question about the game for those who have played it or own it -

How does it compare to something along the lines of Star Ocean for the 360?

I'm currently playing that game now, but if I get Tales, I'd be very tempted to shift a majority of my gaming hours away from Star Ocean.

Thanks!

[quote name='IronSerif']Question about the game for those who have played it or own it -

How does it compare to something along the lines of Star Ocean for the 360?

I'm currently playing that game now, but if I get Tales, I'd be very tempted to shift a majority of my gaming hours away from Star Ocean.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Better. In many ways, it's alot like Star Ocean. The skill system adds alot to the game too- For example, In SO if you're knocked in the air, you have to wait to fall down, but Vesperia has a skill that lets you recover in mid air and get going again quicker, or avoid staggering when hit. You're also able to use special skills in such a way that you can use anyone at any time and still link them together and even assign other charachters skills to a shortcut on the right stick, whereas SO makes you chain them together and you have to do one of those two in order you set them, and there are no shortcuts for other people. The overlimit ability is very similar to rage mode in SO, but there are 4 levels and more benefits later on (some of which people consider game breaking, such as rapid specials, one right after another). On the downside, Vesperia does make you hold down a button to go into 3D field movement, when a member falls in battle, you can't swap them out for another without ending the battle, and of course the level of item creation isn't anywhere as close.

I hope this helps, and the game is very much worth the $20.

You people are fucking insane. The best TRUE RPG (of which neither Tales or SO is) of this gen is Enchanted Arms. But widening the term, you are including both Oblivion and Fallout 3, which are 2 of the top 20 (at least) of all time, much less this gen.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Agreed. Best RPG of this generation hands down.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone hasn't played Valkyria Chronicles.

Thanks guys! I scored the last copy on the shelf today. I'm excited :D

I also saw Soul Calibur IV for $20, which is still going for $28 on Newegg.

[quote name='trunks982']waiting for ps3 version to come out and wait for it to drop. :D[/QUOTE]

Isn't the upcoming PS3 version the same game with more features?...normally I would take advantage of the 360 deal, but since the PS3 version is getting more stuff, I'm thinking about just waiting for that version.

Just got it today! Thanks for the heads up. :)

Soul Calibur IV and Star Wars The Force Unleashed are also on sale for $20. 360 versions only I believe.

damnit! just got back home and theres a tru on the route back! too lazy and tired to go now so i hope its still there tomorrow! i'll use this as an excuse for my own bday present since its today :lol:

[quote name='ShinAkuma']Better. In many ways, it's alot like Star Ocean. The skill system adds alot to the game too- For example, In SO if you're knocked in the air, you have to wait to fall down, but Vesperia has a skill that lets you recover in mid air and get going again quicker, or avoid staggering when hit. You're also able to use special skills in such a way that you can use anyone at any time and still link them together and even assign other charachters skills to a shortcut on the right stick, whereas SO makes you chain them together and you have to do one of those two in order you set them, and there are no shortcuts for other people. The overlimit ability is very similar to rage mode in SO, but there are 4 levels and more benefits later on (some of which people consider game breaking, such as rapid specials, one right after another). On the downside, Vesperia does make you hold down a button to go into 3D field movement, when a member falls in battle, you can't swap them out for another without ending the battle, and of course the level of item creation isn't anywhere as close.

I hope this helps, and the game is very much worth the $20.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was a great breakdown, thanks!

I didn't have a chance to stop by TRU today, had to sell some things to people from craigslist. I'm off of work on Friday, so I'll hit up a TRU and keep my fingers crossed.

Sounds like a great deal for $20

Picked up the last one at the local TRU, but once I got out I noticed it had a giant utility knife slash across the back of it. Anybody know another major retailer that stocks this game I can buy it from then pull a switch-and-return to? The local Wal-Mart didn't even have it anymore. :(

Just wanted to agree with the others that said this was a great game. One of the only RPGs this generation that I actually played through to the end.

[quote name='fairtrade']Picked up the last one at the local TRU, but once I got out I noticed it had a giant utility knife slash across the back of it. Anybody know another major retailer that stocks this game I can buy it from then pull a switch-and-return to? The local Wal-Mart didn't even have it anymore. :([/QUOTE]

My local K-Mart has a few copies so you might want to try there. I just saw it at a Best Buy in SC, too.

Heh... I'm in TX, no K-Marts here anymore. Will have to try BB, they might have it.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']My local K-Mart has a few copies so you might want to try there. I just saw it at a Best Buy in SC, too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedifrog21']Heard great things about this game. Picked one up today in Hyannis, MA[/QUOTE]

I just started playing this game again after a long break from it. I believe I am near the end of the game and I have 70 hours into it. As an RPG fan this is the best game of this hardware generation so far.

Jason

bread's done
Back