Tales of Vesperia NEW at GameCrazy for $29.99

Pck21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
My buddy has been looking for a new copy of Tales of Vesperia forever and a day now so he decided to just pay full price for the thing. He went to his local GameCrazy and the game was marked at $39.99 brand new. When the guy scanned it, it came up as $29.99, which is what he paid. I'm trying to get him to scan the receipt for proof so I can post it on here, but he's at work right now so that's why I posting this as YMMV. He's definitely not someone who makes up anything and rarely hunts for deals so I believe him 100%. Call your stores and see if this is indeed the price. I hope this helps a few people...

[quote name='xrayzwei']I can confirm, the used copies are also 24.99 before MVP.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for confirming! My buddy's copy is new and sealed, not gutted, by the way. Enjoy!

I'm not sure about the universiality, I just know that I bought a used copy at GameCrazy yesterday for 24.99 in Columbia MO

Places by me only have gutted copies, which they informed me about over the phone. Are the open copies at GC better than at Gamestop? I've never been to a Gamecrazy before.

Need this game , NOW!! but... Game Crazy is what?? Block Buster or Holly Wood Video??
I'm confused.. help!!

Thanks!!!!1

[quote name='HELLAWAITS']Need this game , NOW!! but... Game Crazy is what?? Block Buster or Holly Wood Video??
I'm confused.. help!!

Thanks!!!!1[/QUOTE]

Hollywood video

Do note that even that they are affiliated or owned by the same company or whatever, the GameCrazy and HWV stores around me (they're not literally next to each other though) sometimes do have different prices on certain items.

Who ever would've thought the guide would be more sought after (and expensive) than the actual game? Paying attention pays off I guess.

If I were you I'd be buying all the Tales of... guides you can get your hands on.

This is by far the best JRPG of this gen and one of the ebst of the last 5 years. I'm currently trying to finish up the game right now. I've got 79 hours sunk into but most people will finish it in 40. I'm just a completetionist. I have to do all or most of the optional sidequests.

[quote name='lilchubz11']isn't this the game thats out of production?
anyone think this will be worth something someday?[/QUOTE]

depends on when is some day. 10 years? 15 years?

I have been waiting for this game to drop forever. I've never been to Gamecrazy before, but I know there are several in my area. I will call around tomorrow morning to see if they have it in stock.

I actually have a copy of the SE that I'm going to flip to make this version free. The SE isn't very good since Namco never fulfilled the bonus.

[quote name='willardhaven']I actually have a copy of the SE that I'm going to flip to make this version free. The SE isn't very good since Namco never fulfilled the bonus.[/QUOTE]

that seems like a short sighted decision as the SE will likely be more demand in the future.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']do they have this one in stock? http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72387

- also, does the 29.99 apply to hollywood videos without gamecrazy?[/quote]

LOL, if they did I'd be driving to every Gamecrazy in the area to track it down. I got outbid on one for $102.50 on eBay.

Wish there were a Gamecrazy close enough that I could grab this, but any deal would be ruined by the 2+ hours drive each way.

Also to the person asking if they should pick up a sealed one; at $29.99 I would, Symphonia and Abyss are already going up in value both sealed and used. Phantasia (SNES), Destiny, and Eternia are all worth a modest to high amount.

[quote name='willardhaven']Yeah I figure I should hold onto it as a collector's item. Looking at the guide prices, it's probably a good bet.[/quote]

I picked up the guide last week at meijer for like 5 bucks clearanced (YMMV) just checked amazon and holy cow between this and that P4 pack I have I should be able to get myself a game.

anyone thinking about this game might as well buy it for that price. I bought it for 60 when it first came out and it was worth it. Haven't regretted it once.

[quote name='Scorch']The ToV CE is still $69.99 at GC.[/quote]

They have one in stock near you? If so send me a PM if you'd be willing to pick it up for cost + shipping + extra for your time.

[quote name='Scorch']no. it doesn't have to be in stock for me to look up the price.[/quote]

Damn, got my hopes up for a second. Thanks for the info anyways though.

[quote name='botticus']They just dropped Tales for Wii, so the timing makes sense, but no one else is showing anything yet.[/quote]

Had no idea they dropped the price of the Wii Tales, thanks for the info! :bouncy:

Called the one store anywhere near me (27 miles) and they had one new and 2 used. Cant go till early next week so will check back, but the prices indeed confirm...

I must have the worst gamecrazy out there.

Not only did they not have Tales (or even a place for it on the shelf), but they were still trying to sell Assassin's Creed for $59.99 :lol:

...of course the CE is 69.99. I just told you it was. The prices were confirmed long ago in the thread.

and it sounds like your local store needs a new manager that knows hot to change prices.

[quote name='CaoPi']There has been quite a number of Tales games, Tales of Legendia was the worst I've played, how is this one?[/QUOTE]

The best one...seriously. :D

wow this is a heck of a deal. and thats a good question that was asked, does this apply to hollywood video that carries the little glass case of games (but not an official gamecrazy?) someone who works there/knows please help me and the other gentleman who asked out. there is a GC back home but not here in Lubbock

Wow, this is a great deal on Tales of Vesperia. I bought the CE on Amazon & I'd buy it again for this price.

Sigh~ but I can't. :[ If only...
... there was a GameCrazy close to me.
... the GameCrazy that WAS close to me didn't turn into GameTag

Confirmed @ $29.99 in El Cajon, CA GameCrazy... Shame, cause my friend was hoping to unload his copy on eBay when he finished for a good amount.

bread's done
Back