Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition avaliable on Gamestop.com

How about you guys get a room?

And yes, plenty of people buy partial CEs for quite a bit more than you would think. You could make your money back.
It's easy to tell other people to spend their money and take the risks. I can see it now. Oh you didn't get that much for it? Oh we'll sucks to be you!

I gasped when he ripped the box. My wife is easily frightened and was playing in some dark place in Skyrim and got mad at me for scaring her.
Right before the rip its like he's opening it with a hand that has 5 thumbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey it's my good pal Dreader! Hey pal, have you ever sold anything on eBay? I ask because you guys don't seem to know that both eBay and PayPal take some of your money. Then of course the size of that figure would cost a good bit to ship, probably 8 or 10 dollars. So no, there's no way I would "get" $20 unless you don't consider net price as how much I get. This would have to sell for at least $30 and probably a bit more just to get $20.

To be clear, something this size the cheapest shipping options are parcel post and priority. You can't ship it first class. Parcel post is out because it's super low priority and you risk the item getting left in a USPS warehouse for weeks. The buyer opens a case because it wasn't delivered in the required eBay timeframe and they win and get their money back. Later it's delivered and now they got it free and you can't even file for insurance (if you opted for it) because it was delivered in one piece. Been there, done that, won't do that again. That leaves priority which in reality would probably cost $12 for this thing. So yeah, unless someone buys just that statue for ~$35, no I'm not going to get $20.

It's easy to sit back and make claims about all the great money you can make selling this thing on eBay but the reality isn't quite there. If I sold this for JUST $20, I'd net about 5 bucks meaning I paid a net price of $95 for the CE minus the figure. Horrible deal. Why is it even necessary to explain this? You guys are talking out your asses.
I don't know where you come up with these prices, but first, it depends on where you are shipping it. Two, the statue probably doesn't weigh all that much, so depending on the shipping method, you could probably ship it out for $4-$6. I don't know where you got $12 from. The entire CE probably wouldn't surpass $12 shipping unless you ship across the country.

Also, you are assuming the price on ebay to be $20-$30. For all you know it could be a super hot item and go for $50. Also, there is long-term value to consider. You don't need to make the money right away as long as you make it.

Also, any item you ship has a risk of being lost. Not just parcel post. A warehouse for weeks is not as common as you make it seem. Once you prove the item was delivered, you can contact ebay and have them force the buyer to return the item. Been through something similar as well with a friend of mine and he got the item back from the buyer after ebay found out he eventually received the item, they told him to return it. If not, you can always file a police report and tell ebay you did to get them moving in the right direction. That is not something they want to be out in front of.

Just a lot of assumptions on your part that you won't know the answer to for a while.

I don't know where you come up with these prices, but first, it depends on where you are shipping it. Two, the statue probably doesn't weigh all that much, so depending on the shipping method, you could probably ship it out for $4-$6. I don't know where you got $12 from. The entire CE probably wouldn't surpass $12 shipping unless you ship across the country.

Also, you are assuming the price on ebay to be $20-$30. For all you know it could be a super hot item and go for $50. Also, there is long-term value to consider. You don't need to make the money right away as long as you make it.

Also, any item you ship has a risk of being lost. Not just parcel post. A warehouse for weeks is not as common as you make it seem. Once you prove the item was delivered, you can contact ebay and have them force the buyer to return the item. Been through something similar as well with a friend of mine and he got the item back from the buyer after ebay found out he eventually received the item, they told him to return it. If not, you can always file a police report and tell ebay you did to get them moving in the right direction. That is not something they want to be out in front of.

Just a lot of assumptions on your part that you won't know the answer to for a while.
When you ship an object that big they measure L/W/H and that changes the rate. Weight isn't the only thing.

Why is this even a discussion? I'm not buyin it just to. Sell the statue and keep the parts I want. I don't keep partial CE's. stop trying to convince me to buy it. If the CE drops in price iI will get it.

I'll just leave this here.
So the statue sold for 32 dollars.

After gas, shipping, and ebay/paypal fees how much do you guys actually think that person made? 15-20 dollars max?

This the point that one guy was making. You guys are too dense to realize why many people think this wouldnt be worth it.

I don't think it will be that expensive to ship. I really don't. It's not some massive figure and it could probably fit in a moderately sized box. I'm sure it could fit in any standard Amazon box that smaller sized CEs come in. If not, it won't take much bigger. Those usually in my experiences ship for around $5-6ish or so depending on where you ship.

Certainly not $12 unless this figure is way bigger than I thought it was or something. I rarely ever pay that for priority and I ship some big, heavy items.

I don't think it will be that expensive to ship. I really don't. It's not some massive figure and it could probably fit in a moderately sized box. I'm sure it could fit in any standard Amazon box that smaller sized CEs come in. If not, it won't take much bigger. Those usually in my experiences ship for around $5-6ish or so depending on where you ship.

Certainly not $12 unless this figure is way bigger than I thought it was or something. I rarely ever pay that for priority and I ship some big, heavy items.
You are fucking annoying why do you care about what the guy decides to buy or not buy. Jesus christ.

The buyer paid the shipping. Ebay's cut was $4.28 going by ebays fee calculator. Seller pockets $28.22.

Since we are on the topic, I really don't see how these ebayers make money. He has three so obviously he does this semi-professionally.

You are fucking annoying why do you care about what the guy decides to buy or not buy. Jesus christ.
I don't care. He made a point and I disagreed with it. Thus, we discussed it. That is what you do on message boards. You are an immature infant.

I don't know how many of these are being made but these are numbered as shown on the IGN unboxing of the Collector's Edition.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/29/unboxing-tales-of-xillias-special-edition

you should of been there when with the ni no kuni wizards edition, someone initially got an cancellation email for it, then a week later a free ni no kuni wizards edition shows up. lol. digital river is a mess.
Actually, something similar happened to me re: the limited edition MGS4 40G PS3 (gunmetal gray). I ended up cancelling the order and got a refund. A month later, it shows up on my door.

Lots of butthurt on here.  Reason why people are trying to show Blaster why it can be done is cause he's so headstrong that you couldn't sell it for a profit.  If he doesn't want to do that, fine, just say "I don't want to do it", don't challenge someone's opinion if you can't take it by saying "no you can't, nah nah".  Just saying.  And as far as a not wanting a "partial CE", blaster said he would pay so much for a CE without the statue, which would be the same as a partial CE, except maybe a different outer box.

Lots of butthurt on here. Reason why people are trying to show Blaster why it can be done is cause he's so headstrong that you couldn't sell it for a profit. If he doesn't want to do that, fine, just say "I don't want to do it", don't challenge someone's opinion if you can't take it by saying "no you can't, nah nah". Just saying. And as far as a not wanting a "partial CE", blaster said he would pay so much for a CE without the statue, which would be the same as a partial CE, except maybe a different outer box.
They're right, I just couldn't believe someone would be dumb enough to pay that for something that's still available

Like I said, don't bother trying to even discuss it.
I like you.

Nice.  How sturdy is the box?  I couldn't really tell from the unboxing videos.  It might be the deciding factor in whether I stick with CE or go with LE.  I don't want one of those flimsy boxes that creases/rips just from trying to open or from picking it up.  Like, I'm hoping for chipboard or something similar.

Nice. How sturdy is the box? I couldn't really tell from the unboxing videos. It might be the deciding factor in whether I stick with CE or go with LE. I don't want one of those flimsy boxes that creases/rips just from trying to open or from picking it up. Like, I'm hoping for chipboard or something similar.
I plan to upload my unboxing video on my "JoePianist" YouTube channel tonight. I'll share the link once it's uploaded (and I'll be sure to go over the material build of the box the best I can :whistle2:o )

I plan to upload my unboxing video on my "JoePianist" YouTube channel tonight. I'll share the link once it's uploaded (and I'll be sure to go over the material build of the box the best I can :whistle2:o )
it is hard to see the details of items , i want to see some up close pictures . lol

He never said anything about whether it was worth it to buy or not. That's for you to decide.

But your and blast's math is so fucking off it's not even funny. I sell and flip on both eBay and Amazon all the time. Just because you don't think it's worth it doesn't mean you're assumptions are correct.

You aggresive shit you.

I was going to watch that fail unboxing but saw that it's a PAL edition so I don't care!

are there any videos of a NTSC unboxing of the LE? 

I was going to watch that fail unboxing but saw that it's a PAL edition so I don't care!

are there any videos of a NTSC unboxing of the LE?
here is non-pal edition, which includes the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TICo9ccH-60

here is non-pal edition, which includes the same thing.
Dude doesn't even know when release dates are... August 6th... Not 7th.

Also, he skipped the actual unboxing of it. Just popped right to the contents.

HEY! Was said probably 10 times.

All right. Was said about 30.

I tried to cancel my GS online order earlier today but was told that it was already in packaging. I might keep it, but I think it will drop in price.

Well, it took all night, but my "Tales of Xillia: Collector's Edition" Unboxing Video is finally LIVE on YouTube. Now, if you excuse me, I've got some video gaming to do :cool:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnN_RW_jzxA[/youtube]

Well, it took all night, but my "Tales of Xillia: Collector's Edition" Unboxing Video is finally LIVE on YouTube. Now, if you excuse me, I've got some video gaming to do :cool:
Excellent Unboxing JoePianist! Very thorough and informative.

Still not sure if I want to pay ~$40 more for the statue and a couple more pages for the artbook. If I wanted a Milla Statue I would get the higher quality Alter one (granted it is more expensive). But judging from your video, it does look decent.

Thanks for the thorough unboxing Joe.  I think I'll skip the CE, since like Xiemos if I want a Milla figure that badly I'd pay the extra $30 and get the Alter figure or an Xillia 2 figure.  Especially with a flimsy oversized box that wouldn't fit on my shelf.

Am I doing something wrong? Every time I try to order from the Gamestop link, I get an error or it tells me my credit card address doesn't match my shipping address.

Every. Card. I. Try.

Is it unavailable and Gamestop doesn't change the availability???

Am I doing something wrong? Every time I try to order from the Gamestop link, I get an error or it tells me my credit card address doesn't match my shipping address.

Every. Card. I. Try.

You could order from Namco if you're desperate.

No steelbook i am out Why do CE/LE Dont have steelbook's

Thanks for the video Joe! What I am assuming is some people's pre orders will be cancelled. What I am curious is will there be alot or very few... As a tales fan I'm looking forward to the CE for 40 more bucks why not.

Ohhh joe. Nice Boston. Steinway designed and Kawai built. Can I haz?
Nope :razz: I love my Boston piano too much, and I got it for a very good deal a few years ago. I would like to own an actual Steinway & Sons grand piano someday, but my Boston is a great alternative for now.

Every. Card. I. Try.

It means your IP address has been blocked by Gamestop. They have a very aggressive security/fraud system and it took me literally weeks to get through to someone who could unlock my account once it started flagging my IP as somehow untrustworthy. The "your credit card address does not match" message is just their generic way of rejecting orders.

Paid off my copy of the CE at GS today. 82.99 out of pocket, ugh. Such an expensive week for me, lol. (2 copies of Dragon's Crown, 1 for each system, Xillia CE, and later the copy of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team will hit my account probably Thursday from NewEgg.)

Paid off my copy of the CE at GS today. 82.99 out of pocket, ugh. Such an expensive week for me, lol. (2 copies of Dragon's Crown, 1 for each system, Xillia CE, and later the copy of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team will hit my account probably Thursday from NewEgg.)

are you getting any more games for this month ,LOL that is close to $300 already.

are you getting any more games for this month ,LOL that is close to $300 already.
Yup, lol.

I have FFXIV CE PS3 on Pre-Order as well (Release date 8/27). (Not to mention I also bought Dynasty Warriors 8 today as well, lol)

That ends my month's purchases, unless there is some good deal that I need to have. However, September starts early with Diablo III, then Kingdom Hearts 1.5 the week after, lol.

It means your IP address has been blocked by Gamestop. They have a very aggressive security/fraud system and it took me literally weeks to get through to someone who could unlock my account once it started flagging my IP as somehow untrustworthy. The "your credit card address does not match" message is just their generic way of rejecting orders.
i keep getting that message too, oh well, saves me from shopping at gamestop.

Nice review Joe!

Just wondering if anyone who ordered from gamestop still has their charge for the CE pending in their bank account?

bread's done
Back