Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SW4J']Tried that, site says it expires 4/1 for some reason...[/QUOTE]
Ignore that message and keep checking out. You will get FS.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What journey was that?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, just paying far too much when I could have got it for msrp. Nothing too exciting, but it is the reason why I order all the nisa collector's editions I can if I am even remotely interested.

For me, the Tales of series is special and I have been suffering thru the no localization since Tales of Destiny 1/2. I try to convince Namco that they are worth bringing stateside.

;)

[quote name='djricekcn']oh crap, i want that one. i love CHIPO!

i also can't get free shipping with SAVER, doesn't get applied even at check out[/QUOTE]

It was working when I preordered it yesterday, that is odd.

I'm confused...don't know the intricacies of GS as I do t usually shop there...care to elaborate?

Ringing up a preorder looks very good for GS employees. When I worked there years ago, just before moving out west, we were always encouraged to get as many preorders as we could.

Really tempted on this but I think I will pass. Don't care much for the statue even though it looks cool and I am normally disappointed by these cd/artbook combos since the artbook is usually pretty small and the cd is just a sampler. The one thing that would get me to bite though was if it had a steelbook as well.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Really tempted on this but I think I will pass. Don't care much for the statue even though it looks cool and I am normally disappointed by these cd/artbook combos since the artbook is usually pretty small and the cd is just a sampler. The one thing that would get me to bite though was if it had a steelbook as well.[/QUOTE]

Artbook is 100 pages. Size of the game case most likely but there's quite a few images there.

Preordered mine. The clerk didn't even know it was available, which kind of surprised me. I guess he was a "nerd" but a "mainstream nerd" at that. (For example, he had a 15 minute long conversation with some other customers about the various FF games and movies.)

[quote name='zyxomma100']Preordered mine. The clerk didn't even know it was available, which kind of surprised me. I guess he was a "nerd" but a "mainstream nerd" at that. (For example, he had a 15 minute long conversation with some other customers about the various FF games and movies.)[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite.

[quote name='Leggo']Actually, no. I came into this thread hoping it would be a cool collector's edition I could get because this was the first I had heard of it, and I was disappointed it's another over-sized box. Then a few people got personally offended that I didn't like it. (More specifically they got offended that I made a joke about not liking it.)

I'll apologize if voicing my dissatisfaction with the contents of this particular edition rubbed anyone the wrong way, but I was under the impression this was a forum.

I'd like to point out that it is still possible to be an avid game collector and not an avid toy or model collector, though. I should probably be grateful that they bundle these things into collector's editions as often as they do because it ultimately ends up saving me money, both at preorder and then well after the release when the bulky special editions no one buy go on clearance. (e.g., Just got the $150 SWTOR CE for $15 at K-Mart a few months ago and as an owner of a collector's edition, during the move to F2P, ended up getting almost all of the money I spent back in in-game currency, plus a free LE mount and all that.

Anyway, to each his own.[/QUOTE]
You say " to each his own", yet you are the one first saying these CEs need to " go home" because you don't like them. Also, don't see how your explanation of collecting lends to your side of the argument.

I like buying CE's because I like to support the companies.
Especially when they produce a series that we are lucky to even get in the west.

[quote name='Ayn']Ringing up a preorder looks very good for GS employees. When I worked there years ago, just before moving out west, we were always encouraged to get as many preorders as we could.[/QUOTE]

Umm it's sort of a job requirement. No preorders on a consistent basis = fired.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Umm it's sort of a job requirement. No preorders on a consistent basis = fired.[/QUOTE]
Really? What if your shift isn't at a good time, like the weekdays?

[quote name='TooPoor']Really? What if your shift isn't at a good time, like the weekdays?[/QUOTE]

No exceptions lol. One reason a lot of employees are so pushy on numbers. if they don't get any reserves/subs they may get their hours cut the next week.

Also if someone cancels a pre-order, even if you weren't the one who placed it, it looks bad on you. Life as a Gamestop employee sucked.

Still kinda annoys me when they get so damn pushy on pre-orders though. Unless my manager was hovering over me, I'd ask once per transaction. Had a guy the other month ask me close to 10 times to pre-order different games in under 2 minutes.

[quote name='Pikagreg']No exceptions lol. One reason a lot of employees are so pushy on numbers. if they don't get any reserves/subs they may get their hours cut the next week.[/QUOTE]

Should be getting a commission if it's gonna be like that.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Is it easy to cancel pre-orders at Gamestop's website?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hotohori420']Just email the site with your order # to cancel. You could probably cancel it in your account settings most likely.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, going to your account and looking at your Orders shows you can cancel it directly.

[quote name='Ayn']Ringing up a preorder looks very good for GS employees. When I worked there years ago, just before moving out west, we were always encouraged to get as many preorders as we could.[/QUOTE]

Well, I understand that they want preorders even though I don't understand why. It's not like they get more from the manufacture for a preordered game than a game purchased on release day right?

Mostly what I seas confused about was the talk of the CE. Does that count as an extra preorder for the employee or something?

I'm with the others here who have said that part of the reason they're picking this up is to support this franchise being released in the US. If I'm not mistaken the dev has stated that sales of this game will determine whether or not they bring Xillia 2 to the US. So if my purchase will help make that happen, it's worth it.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well, I understand that they want preorders even though I don't understand why. It's not like they get more from the manufacture for a preordered game than a game purchased on release day right?

Mostly what I seas confused about was the talk of the CE. Does that count as an extra preorder for the employee or something?[/QUOTE]

It's called upselling. They correlate pre-orders with upselling.

[quote name='RainFall']It's called upselling. They correlate pre-orders with upselling.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Do they feel that if they can get you into the store a second time that thy can sell you some used games?

Guys remember, if Xillia does not sell 15 million copies, then no xillia 2 or any more tales games for the next 5 years as punishment /namco logic

Waiting on Amazon to hopefully carry the CE, if not I may preorder it tomorrow when I go and pick up my copies of Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Guys remember, if Xillia does not sell 15 million copies, then no xillia 2 or any more tales games for the next 5 years as punishment /namco logic

Waiting on Amazon to hopefully carry the CE, if not I may preorder it tomorrow when I go and pick up my copies of Soul Hackers and Pandora's Tower.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha. Well if that were their logic they wouldn't have released any other tales games after tales of symphonia. Namco Bandai don't mind taking a risk for their fans every now and then, thus Project X Zone coming to the USA

[quote name='malethief']Ha ha. Well if that were their logic they wouldn't have released any other tales games after tales of symphonia. Namco Bandai don't mind taking a risk for their fans every now and then, thus Project X Zone coming to the USA[/QUOTE]

Yeah just being a little sarcastic :p

I am excited for PxZ. Mainly for some more kos-mos love :D

[quote name='djricekcn']tales of doing 15 mill? that is very unlikely. also, don't worry about Xilia 2, it's horrible[/QUOTE]

He was being facetious. Xillia will be lucky to sell 500k.

I heard Xillia 2 was great.

I feel Xillia 2 should have been a separate game and not a continuation of Xillia because the characters from the 1st game take a big backseat to the character in the new one. And the ending was great for the new characters, the old ones it was meh.

[quote name='dgwillia006']So does GS charge right when you place the order? Or is there a pending charge

Trying to decide whether to place an instore order (And pray I still live here upon release), hope for Amazon, or just place a GS.com order[/QUOTE]

If you preorder with a GS gift card, you have to beware that the amount is not applied until it ships. One time I preordered online with my PUR card and by the time the game released, my order was on delay because I had used up my PUR trade credit by then. So for anybody preordering online, make sure you have a sufficient balance on the original card by release date otherwise you risk your order being delayed and possibly cancelled. You have to manually monitor your trade credit balance.

[quote name='Donut2922']If you preorder with a GS gift card, you have to beware that the amount is not applied until it ships. One time I preordered online with my PUR card and by the time the game released, my order was on delay because I had used up my PUR trade credit by then. So for anybody preordering online, make sure you have a sufficient balance on the original card by release date otherwise you risk your order being delayed and possibly cancelled. You have to manually monitor your trade credit balance.[/QUOTE]
While we are on the topic, would it be a better idea to just preorder with a high credit line CC, and when close to the release, change it to a trade credit + CC combination?

[quote name='TooPoor']While we are on the topic, would it be a better idea to just preorder with a high credit line CC, and when close to the release, change it to a trade credit + CC combination?[/QUOTE]

You can always preorder it with a gift card you buy with your credit card for the exact balance with tax and shipping costs. I've done it in the past for online orders and never had any issues

[quote name='malethief']You can always preorder it with a gift card you buy with your credit card for the exact balance with tax and shipping costs. I've done it in the past for online orders and never had any issues[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I was thinking about doing it the other way around.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']He was being facetious. Xillia will be lucky to sell 500k.

I heard Xillia 2 was great.[/QUOTE]
i heard from a lot of people that xillia 2 was much worse than the first one. dont really care if it gets localized. all i need are the 2 vita games to get localized which isnt looking too good right now

Xilia 2 was extremely poor quality, it was really really horrible....it's just as worse as White Knight Chronicles 2 with so much reused crap

Anybody know if Amazon is getting this CE?

I want this game release date and I don't want to spend $20+ on shipping for release date delivery from Gamestop.com.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Anybody know if Amazon is getting this CE?

I want this game release date and I don't want to spend $20+ on shipping for release date delivery from Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]

No one knows. Just order regular delivery from Gamestop. Getting it a few days isn't a big deal. At least you'll secure yourself a copy.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Anybody know if Amazon is getting this CE?

I want this game release date and I don't want to spend $20+ on shipping for release date delivery from Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]
Why not just pre-order in store?

still holding out for Best Buy since I have a lot of giftcards and certificates, might just pre-order at Gamestop as a backup

it's been along time since i preordered from gamestop. what's their policy if you preorder in store but decide to cancel? do you get your cash back or giftcard?

Too bad the version of the CE without the figure isn't coming to the US. I love Tales games, but not enough to want anime figures of it (at least not Milla).

Okay so I mentioned earlier in this thread that when I went to check the Club Namco store I said that I had a Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition in my cart from awhile back when they were supposedly sold out. It said In Stock so I figured I'd give it a shot an order it thinking it would get canceled, well today it did not get canceled, it got shipped. Needless to say I am pretty stoked and will provide an update once I receive the game to see if it really is the Wizards Edition.

bread's done
Back