Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']Okay so I mentioned earlier in this thread that when I went to check the Club Namco store I said that I had a Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition in my cart from awhile back when they were supposedly sold out. It said In Stock so I figured I'd give it a shot an order it thinking it would get canceled, well today it did not get canceled, it got shipped. Needless to say I am pretty stoked and will provide an update once I receive the game to see if it really is the Wizards Edition.[/QUOTE]

Snap... that'd be sweet. They might have had like one leftover that nobody noticed but it would be the deal of the year if you get a WE for $100 (or whatever it was after shipping/tax).

Anyone remember the weight of the Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition from their tracking? Might help me determine if it's the real thing. Mine says 2.5lbs.

It's really weird, why are Namco holding copies of the Wizards Edition back? When I go to the product page it says it's in stock but you can't add it to your cart.

Speaking of Namco, did anyone ever end up getting those CE Ni No Kuni guides they promised for the cancelled orders?

[quote name='bakutenten']Speaking of Namco, did anyone ever end up getting those CE Ni No Kuni guides they promised for the cancelled orders?[/QUOTE]

I did, it's still sitting in the box they sent it in since I already got one.

if you preorder and use SAVER for free shipping, i think they send it with ups 2 day shipping, thats my experience with some games i bought using that code so no need to pay more for better shipping!

[quote name='rioskenny']if you preorder and use SAVER for free shipping, i think they send it with ups 2 day shipping, thats my experience with some games i bought using that code so no need to pay more for better shipping![/QUOTE]
Code expired at the beginning of the month unfortunately.

[quote name='doggyflewaway']Code expired at the beginning of the month unfortunately.[/QUOTE]
It still works, power through the error as I have mentioned in the thread 2 pages back.

Good news! - Tales of Xillia CE up on Amazon.com

Bad news! - Independent seller that wants $250 for it

Worse news! - Seller doesn't even list it as brand new, it is 'like new'

For those who previously bought collector's editions from GameStop.com, how good are they with packaging them? Do they use air cushion bags, bubble wrap, foam peanuts, etc?

Also, anyone know if the "$25 off the purchase of any one GameStop item" coupon from the powerup rewards can be used on pre-orders too? Never used them before and the description doesn't say.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']For those who previously bought collector's editions from GameStop.com, how good are they with packaging them? Do they use air cushion bags, bubble wrap, foam peanuts, etc?

Also, anyone know if the "$25 off the purchase of any one GameStop item" coupon from the powerup rewards can be used on pre-orders too? Never used them before and the description doesn't say.[/QUOTE]

Very good, a lot better than amazon.

[quote name='62t']Very good, a lot better than amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yup better then Amazon in most cases. I usually say it depends on who in the warehouse is having a great or terrible day for both places as well as Newegg.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Good news! - Tales of Xillia CE up on Amazon.com

Bad news! - Independent seller that wants $250 for it

Worse news! - Seller doesn't even list it as brand new, it is 'like new'[/QUOTE]

Even worser news! - Apparently someone was stupid enough to actually buy it at that price, because it's not there anymore.

I was going to pre-order my copy at work today (GameStop) and soon realized that it is no longer up for reservation on a store level. You can still pre-order it on the website so get on this as soon as you can if you have any interest. Cancellation is always possible. Don't think, just do it.

I was pretty shocked myself. Talked it up with a regular of mine and wanted to flip the computer when I saw it was gone and realized I kept forgetting to put a deposit down. Luckily, the website still has some in stock.

[quote name='Auburn']I was going to pre-order my copy at work today (GameStop) and soon realized that it is no longer up for reservation on a store level. You can still pre-order it on the website so get on this as soon as you can if you have any interest. Cancellation is always possible. Don't think, just do it.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine pre-ordered at Gamestop today. So maybe it varies.

Just curious, can you change your address after ordering? Pretty sure I'm not gonna be at the same address, but have no idea where to ship it to at the moment

I've also tried to order at a local GS but they told me the CE is sold out already because the quantity is super limited.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']A friend of mine pre-ordered at Gamestop today. So maybe it varies.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure he didn't order online? All stores are typically universal when it comes to a change like this. Either that or it was cut off mid day somehow. I can't remember if they're able to do that or not.

Well put in an order either way....really hope I can change my address later or I'll be screwed. That or still hoping Amazon gets them in

Doesnt look like theres an option on the site, unless CS can do it for you

At this rate the website will be out of preorder stock since the stores aren't fulfilling anyone orders at this time.

[quote name='62t']Very good, a lot better than amazon.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. GameStop really messed up my Dark Souls LE. Maybe it's because I'm a prime member, but amazon has always been perfect.

[quote name='Auburn']Are you sure he didn't order online? All stores are typically universal when it comes to a change like this. Either that or it was cut off mid day somehow. I can't remember if they're able to do that or not.[/QUOTE]

That's what he said. He is going out of town in a couple days and wanted to pre-order today before he left in store.

Regardless, we'll see if they bring back pre-orders in store like they did with Pandemic The Last of Us.

[quote name='malethief']At this rate the website will be out of preorder stock since the stores aren't fulfilling anyone orders at this time.[/QUOTE]

This is not necessarily true. For example, Bioshock Infinite Songbird editions sold out in the stores weeks (or months?) before the website stopping taking orders.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well put in an order either way....really hope I can change my address later or I'll be screwed. That or still hoping Amazon gets them in

Doesnt look like theres an option on the site, unless CS can do it for you[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see an option on the site either but CS shouldn't have an issue with updating it for you. It's either that or they don't get your money. ;P

[quote name='Auburn']This is not necessarily true. For example, Bioshock Infinite Songbird editions sold out in the stores weeks (or months?) before the website stopping taking orders.

Yeah, I don't see an option on the site either but CS shouldn't have an issue with updating it for you. It's either that or they don't get your money. ;P[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see it being an issue. Knowing your moving but not knowing the exact date sucks

[quote name='Insanity999']What shipping did everybody select? I chose value shipping but I'm afraid the box will come in damaged >.>[/QUOTE]

I use value shipping since it comes with my discount coupon and I've never had an issue. My Bioshock Songbird came in perfect condition. I've also received a few other CE using that shipping with no issue. Honestly, it'll be in the same, if not better, condition than if you were to pick it up in the store since it'll be individually packed.

[quote name='Kaiser499']See, I told you guys this would be Gamestop Exclusive.[/QUOTE]

How do you know? If it was Gamestop exclusive, wouldn't both Gamestop and Namco have mentioned that fact? I will agree that it will likely have pretty limited retail/on-line distribution, but I can't imagine that this will be GS exclusive or that they won't do another run of these given it sold out in less than a week and release is almost four months away.

[quote name='kingwormer']I don't have the available funds atm, if I preorder this, do I get billed anything now? Or only when it ships?[/QUOTE]

Just ordered myself on a debit card. No pre-authorization charge or anything

[quote name='MulderYuffie']*sigh* went ahead and got the game ordered on Gamestop's website. Sure hope I actually get it. :/[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn't you? The GS online system isn't that unreliable, given the worse examples out there.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just ordered myself on a debit card. No pre-authorization charge or anything[/QUOTE]

Nice, ok I'm going to do it then. Thanks

for those that want to chance it, there's a user on ebay with 4 copies left for sale at a reasonable price - basically what it would cost you at gamestop if sales tax was 10% ;)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']for those that want to chance it, there's a user on ebay with 4 copies left for sale at a reasonable price - basically what it would cost you at gamestop if sales tax was 10% ;)[/QUOTE]

There's pretty much no point to do this since they are still available on GameStop's website.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well put in an order either way....really hope I can change my address later or I'll be screwed. That or still hoping Amazon gets them in

Doesnt look like theres an option on the site, unless CS can do it for you[/QUOTE]

Cant you just give the post office a change of address form? If it ships ups you can have them hold it at a nearby store for free i think

[quote name='skoomadiver']Cant you just give the post office a change of address form? If it ships ups you can have them hold it at a nearby store for free i think[/QUOTE]

Not entirely sure how that would work, especially since I'm moving halfway across the country

[quote name='sasukekun']FYI, the CE just got taken out of the in-store pre-order list. You can only order it online as of right now.[/QUOTE]

all of you are scaring me. i preordered in-store. should i preorder online too just to be double sure?!!

bread's done
Back