Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NewYorkelite']Pre ordered from Amazon. Should I keep my GS pre order and cancel later just in case?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I would recommend keeping your GS order as well.

[quote name='usagi']Can you afford to keep your Gamestop pre-order? Buy the Amazon copy and just return if it's in bad condition. This way your Gamestop copy can be used as a backup option.[/QUOTE]I'll preorder from Amazon just to get the preorder in, but what do I do if both CEs are in excellent condition? If I return one to GS, I'll have wasted the $20 off coupon, but if I return one to Amazon, they'll take a restocking fee out of the total. :???:

[quote name='Vigilante']I'll preorder from Amazon just to get the preorder in, but what do I do if both CEs are in excellent condition? If I return one to GS, I'll have wasted the $20 off coupon, but if I return one to Amazon, they'll take a restocking fee out of the total. :???:[/QUOTE]
why not keep both if it does happen? or you can sell it to a fellow CAG later.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'll preorder from Amazon just to get the preorder in, but what do I do if both CEs are in excellent condition? If I return one to GS, I'll have wasted the $20 off coupon, but if I return one to Amazon, they'll take a restocking fee out of the total. :???:[/QUOTE]
You could ask your GS to hold the preorder for you, then go in and cancel the preorder if your Amazon copy is good.

Another way would be buying the Gamestop copy without coupon, return if Amazon is good or return/rebuy with $20 off coupon if bad.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']why not keep both if it does happen? or you can sell it to a fellow CAG later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='usagi']You could ask your GS to hold the preorder for you, then go in and cancel the preorder if your Amazon copy is good.

Another way would be buying the Gamestop copy without coupon, return if Amazon is good or return/rebuy with $20 off coupon if bad.[/QUOTE]Thanks, both of you make good points. I feel better about having two copies preordered now. :D

Yeah, I would not cancel your pre-orders. There is no reason to. You aren't charged until it ships and you have until August.

Maybe you find out they are going for like $300+ on ebay by then or maybe it sells out and like rpeviously said, a CAG didn't get in and will pay you for one.

Also, say your Amazon one comes totally damaged and they don't have any more as a replacement and you wish you kept the GS one to return the Amazon one.

Keep your pre-orders, people. I pre-ordered 2 from each(in-store, GS website, Amazon).

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Yeah, I would not cancel your pre-orders. There is no reason to. You aren't charged until it ships and you have until August.

Maybe you find out they are going for like $300+ on ebay by then or maybe it sells out and like rpeviously said, a CAG didn't get in and will pay you for one.

Also, say your Amazon one comes totally damaged and they don't have any more as a replacement and you wish you kept the GS one to return the Amazon one.

Keep your pre-orders, people. I pre-ordered 2 from each(in-store, GS website, Amazon).[/QUOTE]

Maybe CAGs wouldn't have trouble finding these if people like yourself didn't pre-order six of them. Does anyone here actually play or collect games or is everyone just here to hoard and flip?

[quote name='bojay1997']Maybe CAGs wouldn't have trouble finding these if people like yourself didn't pre-order six of them. Does anyone here actually play or collect games or is everyone just here to hoard and flip?[/QUOTE]

Its technically their right and they have the ability to do what they want. I'll admit, it can be annoying at times where something really is super limited and goes in barely a day or two.

But this thing has been up like a week...I'v learned if theres something I really want, to get my ass to the store the moment its announced.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Yeah, I would not cancel your pre-orders. There is no reason to. You aren't charged until it ships and you have until August.

Keep your pre-orders, people. I pre-ordered 2 from each(in-store, GS website, Amazon).[/QUOTE]

Reason being for preordering so many copies?

That's crazy, I don't think any game is worth $600 unless it is in a cabinet.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Reason being for preordering so many copies?

That's crazy, I don't think any game is worth $600 unless it is in a cabinet.[/QUOTE]

but he is not spending $600 till after it charges and by that time he has plenty of time to look at the supply/demand to determine whether he will go through with the transaction. This is why you see some "hard to find" item come back in stock around release in some quantity as speculators either cancel or return their large orders before they actually have to put up their own money. Retailers/publishers probably hates it as it mess up their inventory/projection.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its technically their right and they have the ability to do what they want. I'll admit, it can be annoying at times where something really is super limited and goes in barely a day or two.

But this thing has been up like a week...I'v learned if theres something I really want, to get my ass to the store the moment its announced.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disputing that they have the right to do what they want, but it doesn't mean we should just be accepting of it here on CAG.

You know why not though? People aren't going to stop doing it as long as there is a demand for the items. I'm sitting on an unopened copy of Persona 4 Solid Gold cus I thought I'd play it and now I decided I don't have time so I'm going to sale it when it's really rare.

[quote name='bojay1997']Maybe CAGs wouldn't have trouble finding these if people like yourself didn't pre-order six of them. Does anyone here actually play or collect games or is everyone just here to hoard and flip?[/QUOTE]

They have been up for a while. Any regular CAG visitor knows about it. If they haven't pre-ordered it yet it is their loss.

Only 4 I pre-ordered were done online and two were in-store. So that 6 number is not technically accurate.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Reason being for preordering so many copies?

That's crazy, I don't think any game is worth $600 unless it is in a cabinet.[/QUOTE]

Just in case. Maybe some come damaged, maybe I want to keep one sealed, maybe I want to keep a couple for down the road and see if they gain value. I may cancel some of those later, but better to have them pre-ordered and cancel than to wish I did when they stop taking orders.

amiami is generally cheaper compare to some of the major store that ship to US. hlj, hobbysearch, otacute etc with comparable shipping. You can find it cheaper elsewhere like nippon yasan 6200 OOS but i keep most of my orders at amiami for ease of order management, good/reliable shipping and selection with often amiami exclusive.

amiami 6220
amazon.co.jp 6691
otacute. 6900
hlj 7020
hobbysearch 6630

Good news is they didnt pick Digital River and limit it to the Namco website.

Bad news is, Play Canada probably brought about 1,000 of these already.

[quote name='remag']Amiami is probably the most expensive japanese figure/toys shop out there. Search around for other places.[/QUOTE]

Amiami is one of the cheapest legitimate figures. If you're buying figures from Hong Kong years after they go OOP cheaper than MSRP... Well, there's a reason they're cheaper.

I got one word for people cancelling their preorder from GS and going amazon. Just remember the dark souls fiasco. If anybody got Record of agarest war Zero CE from amazon. Amazon ran out and kept delaying orders for a month and a half until they were restocked. So I am going to side with caution here since I don't think this will get a second printing, and keep my GS reserve.

[quote name='wasabi5858']amiami is generally cheaper compare to some of the major store that ship to US. hlj, hobbysearch, otacute etc with comparable shipping. You can find it cheaper elsewhere like nippon yasan 6200 OOS but i keep most of my orders at amiami for ease of order management, good/reliable shipping and selection with often amiami exclusive.

amiami 6220
amazon.co.jp 6691
otacute. 6900
hlj 7020
hobbysearch 6630[/QUOTE]

Yeah another + for amiami. I ordered from Nippon yasan twice and the one order I cared more about (Miku Vita) came in a thick padded envelope. It was padded up a ton but the box was pretty dented in a corner. I didn't want to really deal with returns and the hardware was fine so I bit the bullet on that one. The smaller shipment (project diva f ps3) arrived just fine of course. I think I chose fed ex both times so on larger items, just heads up.

Now on Xilia, I was on the fence for the longest time, but just went ahead once it showed up in Amazon. That and the $20 bonus trade-in deal kinda pushed me over the edge.

[quote name='wasabi5858']amiami is generally cheaper compare to some of the major store that ship to US. hlj, hobbysearch, otacute etc with comparable shipping. You can find it cheaper elsewhere like nippon yasan 6200 OOS but i keep most of my orders at amiami for ease of order management, good/reliable shipping and selection with often amiami exclusive.

amiami 6220
amazon.co.jp 6691
otacute. 6900
hlj 7020
hobbysearch 6630[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the problem with amiami is that shipping costs really kill you, especially when you don't buy in bulk orders. Same goes with most of the other sites. For optimizing overall costs that includes the cheapest options for the item as well as the cheapest and most efficient shipping, proxy sellers are the best (like dv8mad). This would mean that you could pick the lowest costing option for both new and used (and from what I've seen, used items from Japan are very well maintained) and send it to the proxy person to have him/her store until you buy enough for a large box that minimizes shipping. That is, of course, if you really trust this proxy person.

This is what I do with my Japan contact in Kyushu - send him packages I buy from amazon.jp and he bundles them up and sends them via surface mail. Most full parcels of 70x60x55 cm ship for only 3300円 provided that they don't weigh more than 25kg. Since he's a bro, he knows that some of my items require a lot of protection for the long weeks of travel, so he individually wraps every item.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']I dont think it's available online at GS anymore. When I try to add it to my cart it gives me an error.[/QUOTE]
+1.

just placed a preorder on amazon though!

Now listed as sold out.

I think there is a good chance they get more like the Post Pandemic, but I'd pre-order at Amazon for those that didn't yet rigt away

i don't know why people hate GS every order i buy using saver code is shipped UPS 2nd Day Air which is amazingly fast and just for $107, meanwhile amazon $110 and it ships on a cheap service called ParcelPool which takes like 10 days...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Now listed as sold out.

I think there is a good chance they get more like the Post Pandemic, but I'd pre-order at Amazon for those that didn't yet rigt away[/QUOTE]
Post pandemic came back?.??.?.

Keeping my Gamestop preorder for sure... tempted to preorder one on Amazon too, just in case GS lets me down.

That's a barebones official Amazon listing, though.

[quote name='zyxomma100']Keeping my Gamestop preorder for sure... tempted to preorder one on Amazon too, just in case GS lets me down.

That's a barebones official Amazon listing, though.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one on Amazon as well just in case. I agree though, it really is a pretty bare listing. It shows up on I think page 3 when searching "Tales of Xillia." If you haven't placed an order anywhere, do it now before they fix the listing and it's easy to find.

[quote name='Auburn']I ordered one on Amazon as well just in case. I agree though, it really is a pretty bare listing. It shows up on I think page 3 when searching "Tales of Xillia." If you haven't placed an order anywhere, do it now before they fix the listing and it's easy to find.[/QUOTE]

Right. That's weird.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']why would you say that?[/QUOTE]

I guess I'll butt in. I tend to pre order quite a few collectors editions and in my experience gamestop far and away absolutely demolishes amazon in packaging. Oftentimes the box amazon ships in may be too big which can cause some dents. I like my collectors editions to be mint with sharp corners. GameStop wins in that category. Also usually the saver shipping for me is usually next day shipping.

Have a pre order from both vendors.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']why would you say that?[/QUOTE]

Due to many people have bad experience with amazon shipping and there likely wont be a way to get replacement if there is a problem.

Wow, GameStop pre-orders are sold out already. Went ahead and got one in at Amazon.

...Wonder if I can still pre-order at GameStop in-store.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I guess I'll butt in. I tend to pre order quite a few collectors editions and in my experience gamestop far and away absolutely demolishes amazon in packaging. Oftentimes the box amazon ships in may be too big which can cause some dents. I like my collectors editions to be mint with sharp corners. GameStop wins in that category. Also usually the saver shipping for me is usually next day shipping.

Have a pre order from both vendors.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='62t']Due to many people have bad experience with amazon shipping and there likely wont be a way to get replacement if there is a problem.[/QUOTE]

I've never pre-ordered from GameStop.com before so I had no idea (I do everything in store); thanks for the info! :)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I guess I'll butt in. I tend to pre order quite a few collectors editions and in my experience gamestop far and away absolutely demolishes amazon in packaging. Oftentimes the box amazon ships in may be too big which can cause some dents. I like my collectors editions to be mint with sharp corners. GameStop wins in that category. Also usually the saver shipping for me is usually next day shipping.

I had a Metal Gear Rising LE come from Amazon in a box that could have fit at least 6 of them.

Edit: After looking at the LE again, maybe it was more like 4. However, that's still a ton of extra space given the size of this game.

[quote name='Dark Schneider']Wow, GameStop pre-orders are sold out already. Went ahead and got one in at Amazon.

...Wonder if I can still pre-order at GameStop in-store.[/QUOTE]

The in-store preorders were pulled before the website, so unfortunately no.

[quote name='Auburn']I had a Metal Gear Rising LE come from Amazon in a box that could have fit at least 6 of them.

Edit: After looking at the LE again, maybe it was more like 4. However, that's still a ton of extra space given the size of this game.[/QUOTE]

That LE is pretty big. What did they ship it in a refrigerator box?

This. Amazon have messed up at least two of my CE packaging.
Newegg packaging is also very nice, they use those cute little foam tablets if the box is a little bigger than the item.

bread's done
Back