Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']If play Asia is getting them then its pretty likely best buy and wal mart will be getting it as well.[/QUOTE]

I hope so! I would much rather spend my money at BB.

Snap... both sites are sold out.

I have an order in at Amazon but this game ships when at a time when I don't know what my address will be (I'm moving). It's gonna be a pain making sure I get it.

[quote name='TooPoor']play asia, FYI, not open yet.[/QUOTE]

Do they ever get them? I've tried getting that notification alert last time for some CE and never got informed.

Anyways Amazon sold out already?

I was going to cancel my Gamestop order since I got one in at Amazon but now might just keep both just in case.

Wow, I didn't expect that. Kinda wish I got another for a friend who hasn't played a JRPG since PS2. I can't wait though, I hope the combat is awesome.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Damn, missed the preorder at Amazon.

Any hope of them getting more in stock? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Most CEs, even rare ones, almost always come back in stock for a short period on Amazon and GS after the item's released. They usually end up with extras due to non-chargeable payment.

[quote name='Vinny']Snap... both sites are sold out.

I have an order in at Amazon but this game ships when at a time when I don't know what my address will be (I'm moving). It's gonna be a pain making sure I get it.[/QUOTE]

Damn that was faster than I anticipated. Guess I am keeping pre-orders at both GS (in-store) and Amazon for now. Not to flip most likely though, probably keep one sealed :D

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Damn, missed the preorder at Amazon.

Any hope of them getting more in stock? :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']Most CEs, even rare ones, almost always come back in stock for a short period on Amazon and GS after the item's released. They usually end up with extras due to non-chargeable payment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what Vinny said. You need to check CAG more often, it was up for at least two weeks.

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah, what Vinny said. You need to check CAG more often, it was up for at least two weeks.[/QUOTE]

last 2 weeks? nah. i've been checking. this past week, probably. i've been so busy with school and work, totally missed out on it.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']last 2 weeks? nah. i've been checking. this past week, probably. i've been so busy with school and work, totally missed out on it.[/QUOTE]
Come to think of it, maybe not two weeks. Been working all nighters for a deadline that I lost track of time:lol: which is atypical of me.

But don't worry too much, just keep checking.

Dang. The fact that the Amazon preorder went so quickly makes me worry. I don't trust GS at all to make sure they actually get a copy for me even though I preordered, so I really wish I had Amazon as a backup.

[quote name='zyxomma100']Dang. The fact that the Amazon preorder went so quickly makes me worry. I don't trust GS at all to make sure they actually get a copy for me even though I preordered, so I really wish I had Amazon as a backup.[/QUOTE]

You'll be fine with GameStop. I'd be more worried if I only had an Amazon order, honestly. The last limited thing I ordered from them was never put to the side for me. :/

[quote name='Auburn']You'll be fine with GameStop. I'd be more worried if I only had an Amazon order, honestly. The last limited thing I ordered from them was never put to the side for me. :/[/QUOTE]

This just worried the hell out of me! Here's hoping that I actually get this /:

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']This just worried the hell out of me! Here's hoping that I actually get this /:[/QUOTE]

It should be fine. I'm just saying GameStop would be more reliable in this situation. :p

[quote name='Auburn']It should be fine. I'm just saying GameStop would be more reliable in this situation. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I'd just rather not deal with them because some cocky employee snarled at me when I asked if they had Catherine in the back. Then looked at me and said "No good taste in games." I don't see all the hate in the company, I sometimes shop with them and it's not so bad!

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I'd just rather not deal with them because some cocky employee snarled at me when I asked if they had Catherine in the back. Then looked at me and said "No good taste in games." I don't see all the hate in the company, I sometimes shop with them and it's not so bad![/QUOTE]
I had a more awkward experience when I picked up the Catherine CE only 2 females were working and one of them gave me a 'why are you buying this' look

anyway I have never had a bad experience at Gamestop

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']I had a more awkward experience when I picked up the Catherine CE only 2 females were working and one of them gave me a 'why are you buying this' look

anyway I have never had a bad experience at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

That's really awkward...I'd just probably look around and trying to avoid as much eye contact with them. Did they honestly expect girls to be buying the game though? I'm pretty envious of you owning the CE. Such a sweet CE :p

[quote name='VideoGameCollector17']That's really awkward...I'd just probably look around and trying to avoid as much eye contact with them. Did they honestly expect girls to be buying the game though? I'm pretty envious of you owning the CE. Such a sweet CE :p[/QUOTE]

What is this like the first time you bought condoms or something? Lol

Just own it and be like, "Yup. Sexy chick on the cover."

if gamestop has a problem charging your credit card, do they cancel the order or do they allow you to change the card?

[quote name='Auburn']It should be fine. I'm just saying GameStop would be more reliable in this situation. :p[/QUOTE]

Disagree. This is exactly the kind of thing where Gamestop may not get their store allocation of copies right. I have never had Amazon not deliver on a game preorder as they have a very exact inventory system. Having said that, with Amazon you risk shipping damage, so I think nobody is really certain of getting this in nice condition or at all regardless of where they ordered from.

[quote name='zeke222']if gamestop has a problem charging your credit card, do they cancel the order or do they allow you to change the card?[/QUOTE]
They'll give you a 48 hour window to either update your card and email them with "Resolved" or you can call them and they'll check your new card over the phone (happened to me with the Gears of War Lancer).

[quote name='sirgalahad']They'll give you a 48 hour window to either update your card and email them with "Resolved" or you can call them and they'll check your new card over the phone (happened to me with the Gears of War Lancer).[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

I don't get all this hate for GameStop. If you preordered at GameStop you are guaranteed your copy. I have never had any issues with GameStop ordering in store or online. Yes sometimes they can run out of preorder gifts but that is beside the point. If you preordered it you are getting it, simple as that. They are supposed to hold your stuff for 48 hours. My local GameStop goes one step further and holds games for a whole week.

[quote name='D.Choy']I don't get all this hate for GameStop. If you preordered at GameStop you are guaranteed your copy. I have never had any issues with GameStop ordering in store or online. Yes sometimes they can run out of preorder gifts but that is beside the point. If you preordered it you are getting it, simple as that. They are supposed to hold your stuff for 48 hours. My local GameStop goes one step further and holds games for a whole week.[/QUOTE]

Love my GS, they always take care of me and that's why I always go up there and reserve things without hesitation.

[quote name='D.Choy']I don't get all this hate for GameStop. If you preordered at GameStop you are guaranteed your copy. I have never had any issues with GameStop ordering in store or online. Yes sometimes they can run out of preorder gifts but that is beside the point. If you preordered it you are getting it, simple as that. They are supposed to hold your stuff for 48 hours. My local GameStop goes one step further and holds games for a whole week.[/QUOTE]

With GameStop though it's a case by case basis. As a worker, I've had fellow co-workers choose not to honor the 48hr pre-order hold because they rather the sale. It just all depends on the store

After saying I didn't qualify for my pre-order bonus then saying they didn't have any in stock with a small stack of them view able over the counter I don't trust my gamestop that much.

Amazon is out? Damn That was pretty fast.

On a side note on pre-ordering from gamestop, mine has always been positive, from ordering online they always ship mine in a secure box and I dont think I ever had a bad experience on instore pick up too, yours may vary of course. Amazon however is a mixed bag, sometimes they ship your item in a bubble mailer even for collector edition like this. I think Persona 4 Golden limited edition was an example where some CAG got theirs from Amazon in a bubble mailer if I remember correctly.

Fair enough on the varying stories. Still, I am sure there are multiple GameStops close by that you can hit up rather than go to the one that doesn't honor their own policies. Who is to say you have to go to the same crappy one? I've had good experiences with the four GameStop stores I have shopped at. Heck, my local mall has two GameStops located within it. I guess it really is a case by case but my experiences have been mostly pleasant. The one I go to the most knows my name now and I've been going there for like 10 years at the very least.

Back on topic though. I placed my Tales preorder at GameStop in store and I am not worried about not getting it. In terms of people that haven't gotten an order in, we really don't know if this is as rare as it looks to be. Lately we have been seeing a lot of CEs sold out before release only to have them restocked right before launch. I mean this might be a different case since its a Japanese game but I think those that missed out still have a chance with cancelled CC transactions / cancelled preorders as an inevitable occurrence.

Everyone can have a different experience with the same business chain. It's all about the staff who works at the location. Some are more or less informed about games, preorders and policies.

I had to find a new GameStop to preorder my games at after it took the GS by my school 3 weeks to get my preordered copy of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance LE in.

I was going to wait until this week to preorder Tales. Luckily, the manager talked me into preordering last week. Good thing he did seeing how they cut the CE off on Monday.

[quote name='Edwin29']So is the Xillia CE really sold out? because I was able to put a pre-order on Gamestop.com a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
Maybe it came back, from the cancellations because most people moved to Amazon.

[quote name='Trogdor469']If you order it @ gamestop in germany you can get a steelbook. Not sure if that is included in the CE. I hate it personally.

cannot post links.. :/ [/QUOTE]

good find! lol!

I wish that we were getting the Day One Edition, too. It's the same thing just without the statue, which I would far prefer. I may end up selling my US CE to import the EU D1E.

To my knowledge, it's the standard price of the game. That's how their Graces F Day One Edition was, too. (I have that one and it's quite nice). You still get the artbook and soundtrack, you just get no figure and a smaller, nicer, easier to display box to keep it all in.

(Edit: Just double checked, and it is just a free upgrade for EU pre-orders. To me, it's a much better deal.)

bread's done
Back