Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']lol@ those people who already bought it on eBay for the jacked up prices.[/QUOTE]

Like who? I don't even see any that sold for much.

[quote name='hashiriya1']I just did an order on Gamestop's site. Seems they're back in. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I wonder how long it'll stay up... GS seems to pull some of the popular CEs (Last of US Post Pandemic, P4 Solid Gold) for a while before putting them back up, maybe because they're making sure of their allocation?

Or maybe they are cancelled orders from when Amazon listed it. Could be anything.

Jump on it while you can, people.

Btw, I don't get idiots selling them on ebay for $100. With fees they lose money. Some people are absolute morons.

Yeah, when I got my ME3 discs out of there, I put them in generic DVD cases I bought. I thought the disc was going to snap in half when prying it out. I'm never putting the discs back in that thing.

I actually had to wedge toothpicks under each of the little prong things, then eventually maneuver the disc out and pray it didnt snap in half.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']

Btw, I don't get idiots selling them on ebay for $100. With fees they lose money. Some people are absolute morons.[/QUOTE]

Very true.

Except if they plan on selling a bunch with the intent of not shipping.

The buyer won't be able to open a claim by the time the game releases (you only have 45 days worth of protection) so their only option will be opening a chargeback with their credit card. And by then the seller could have withdrawn all the funds and closed his account.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Or maybe they are cancelled orders from when Amazon listed it. Could be anything.

Jump on it while you can, people.

Btw, I don't get idiots selling them on ebay for $100. With fees they lose money. Some people are absolute morons.[/QUOTE]

There con artists. By the time the game comes out they've taken the money and are gone.

I doubt it. I see sellers who have a long history of feedbacks doing the same things on other games. I mean some could be thieves, but I think some people are just idiots.

They sell legit items, usually cheap items to build up there feedback. Common items are used games and clothing. There was a guy just recently selling a bunch of the pandenic editions at retail. Not one of those will ship.

[quote name='TooPoor']But in the end eBay will eat the loss. I'm surprised they haven't done something about allowing preorders.[/QUOTE]

They have. It is a policy violation if you list something more then 30 days prior to when you'll be able to ship it.

[quote name='rioskenny']i think gamestop put them on again because of all the cancelled orders, lol[/QUOTE]
I agree which allowed me to get one. :)

put up a preorder on Gamestop's website after going to three local b&ms without luck. I might just order the standard edition as well. I don't think I can wait on the CE's shipping..

In spite of being sad that Amazon isn't taking anymore preorders for this, I am extremely happy to see the Tales love!

With this much commotion pre-release, we have a good chance at Xillia 2!

[quote name='diazt350']Wasn't that how the ME3 steel book was? From looking at the difference in the pictures no wonder it was crappy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, EA released the ME3 and MoH:W 'steel cases' as metalpacks in the US, but as actual steelbooks in Europe. I can't quite figure out the reasoning behind that, but it is what it is.

[quote name='winterlane']There's still a chance Newegg might have it as well. They haven't even put up the standard edition yet.[/QUOTE]

They do have the JP version up tho, but for waaaay too much.

[quote name='Vinny']Holy crap... that's ugly...[/QUOTE]

Germany's had problems with artists in the past, so this was likely designed by a Gamestop employee's kid who found some crayons lying around.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am going to figure BB will have the link up by Monday...

Or at least I hope so. Better have in store reservations while they are at it![/QUOTE]

Heres hoping. Rather spend money on bestbuy for games since i get reward certificates.

For the people selling these pre-orders, is there anything actually making them send them out? I mean, you only have protection for 45 days. This is long past that. It seems risky for buyers to take that chance. I just don't see there being any motivating force to make sure that the sellers actually send the damn things out.

No. I know of a few people who sold tickets to sporting events 90-180 days in advance and both sides forgot about it. One guy remembered a year later and this unscrupulous vendor ignored him.

[quote name='Zaku77']For the people selling these pre-orders, is there anything actually making them send them out? I mean, you only have protection for 45 days. This is long past that. It seems risky for buyers to take that chance. I just don't see there being any motivating force to make sure that the sellers actually send the damn things out.[/QUOTE]

Nope. You lose eBay and PayPal buyer protection at 45 days and the ability to leave feedback at 60 days.

I suppose you could file a charge back with your CC company though.

[quote name='Zaku77']For the people selling these pre-orders, is there anything actually making them send them out? I mean, you only have protection for 45 days. This is long past that. It seems risky for buyers to take that chance. I just don't see there being any motivating force to make sure that the sellers actually send the damn things out.[/QUOTE]

Just look @ their feedback. If they don't have over 100+ people who left feedback then avoid them. If there is alot of negative feedback then avoid them. People with a good rep will probably want to keep their good rep by sending it out.

They turned the in-store reserve SKU back on at GameStop. This is going to only be for a limited time so do it as soon as you can. We were told that there was an additional allocation and the supply is limited. It can be turned off at any time.

[quote name='Auburn']They turned the in-store reserve SKU back on at GameStop. This is going to only be for a limited time so do it as soon as you can. We were told that there was an additional allocation and the supply is limited. It can be turned off at any time.[/QUOTE]
I suppose you guys know nothing of the preorder bonuses at this point?

[quote name='Auburn']They turned the in-store reserve SKU back on at GameStop. This is going to only be for a limited time so do it as soon as you can. We were told that there was an additional allocation and the supply is limited. It can be turned off at any time.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Took the second chance and pre-ordered.

bread's done
Back