Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg cancelled mine as well. GameStop is also not allowing checkout, so I got one from the Namco store (yikes) it was $119 total, absolutely terrible. 

Not even 1 minute I posted that I got my shipping confirmation haha. I don't remember what shipping speed I picked so I'll guess I'll play the waiting game until then. 

Mine hasn't shipped (in the Shipping Now stage) :(

I have a backlog to play, usually I have infinite patience but my local co-op backlog is dried up.

Mine supposedly shipped from gamestop and it said to be delivered tomm but I didn't get charged yet

I played it. I loved it so much, loved xillia 2 too. I've played all the Tales games and I can say that Xillia 1/2 are more grown up themes. I am going to play jude 1st playthrough as the jp one i did Milla and sorta regretted it cause Jude's side is more shocking and milla's explains more of what was missing from jude's side.

I played it. I loved it so much, loved xillia 2 too. I've played all the Tales games and I can say that Xillia 1/2 are more grown up themes. I am going to play jude 1st playthrough as the jp one i did Milla and sorta regretted it cause Jude's side is more shocking and milla's explains more of what was missing from jude's side.
Can you read Japanese, then? That's really cool. I wish that I was able to. I would really like to play Rebirth and the real Destiny 2.

My Amazon order still says Shipping now... I still havnt been charged. I placed my hour within the first hour it was possible on April 23rd.... I will feel better once it ships. I'd hate to be hunting for game stops for one if they cancel...

Just a quick question: Does Newegg do that kind of thing pretty often? Because I have a couple of FFXIV LEs for PS3 pre-ordered there and I'd *hate* for this to happen to them, as hot as that item is turning out to be. 

Just a quick question: Does Newegg do that kind of thing pretty often? Because I have a couple of FFXIV LEs for PS3 pre-ordered there and I'd *hate* for this to happen to them, as hot as that item is turning out to be.
Yeah, pretty often.

Sometimes if you order multiple of a hot item they'll lower it down to one per person.

So Jude is the better first playthrough?

How different is it with each character? Will it be worth playing through twice?

Wow, just wow. I guess I'm screwed unless there's a restock somewhere.
i would advise from preordering any games from newegg. they are one of the worst retailers for preodering games.newegg like to cancel preorders at the last minute. amazon/bestbuy/gamestop should be your only options, if you ever decided to preorder games.

Can you read Japanese, then? That's really cool. I wish that I was able to. I would really like to play Rebirth and the real Destiny 2.
Yea, I can. I have a twitch channel too. Going to stream the US version of this game, already streamed the jp version. You can find it on

twitch.tv/wattetv

I like to figure out infinite combos...

So Jude is the better first playthrough?

How different is it with each character? Will it be worth playing through twice?
Each side makes up the whole story. So yes, Jude's side has some similarities as their stories cross over but ultimately if you want to see both sides to get the whole story the game is about 80 hours long. When you have a full party it doesn't matter what side you pick, but when you can't see just in Milla's side his side of the game explains where he was at certain points... vice versa.

Once you play through one side, yes you will want to play the other side. Jude's side is just waaayy more dramatic. Also music changes for fights depending on if you are milla or jude.

Have the CE pre-ordered at my local gamestop since the day it was available for pre-order and I was the first one to pre-order it according to the employees. I really hope they get it in on time...

I got an extra GS order that shipped.  Forgot that I pre-ordered there orginally way back and now I have 2 shipped to me, the other is from Amazon.  If anyone want I can send the GS one for cost + shipping.  Let me know, otherwise I'll return it locally.

Each side makes up the whole story. So yes, Jude's side has some similarities as their stories cross over but ultimately if you want to see both sides to get the whole story the game is about 80 hours long. When you have a full party it doesn't matter what side you pick, but when you can't see just in Milla's side his side of the game explains where he was at certain points... vice versa.

Once you play through one side, yes you will want to play the other side. Jude's side is just waaayy more dramatic. Also music changes for fights depending on if you are milla or jude.
I guess I was just under the impression that Jude and Milla meet up and the story would be mostly the same. So they're separated for most of the game?

My BB order shipped last Friday and will be getting to my house this Thursday.  Should have opted for in store pick up but I wasn't sure if I was doing anything this week.

Once again GS does not it have it in stock as you are unable to checkout.
I got my CE from Club Namco, and it arrived in excellent condition last Friday (early release copy!!).

Just be careful if you decide to order from Club Namco. From personal experience, it's difficult to cancel your orders from them, if you have a change of heart. Even if you contact customer service by phone or email, they will likely try to ship your item and charge your card :p

Gamestop and Namco still have it.
GameStop won't let you check out with one in your cart, but I grabbed one from Namco earlier. Is the FFXIV PS3 LE available anywhere still? I'd like to cancel my order at Newegg if possible, before they cancel for me.

I got my CE from Club Namco, and it arrived in excellent condition last Friday (early release copy!!).

Just be careful if you decide to order from Club Namco. From personal experience, it's difficult to cancel your orders from them, if you have a change of heart. Even if you contact customer service by phone or email, they will likely try to ship your item and charge your card :p
not to mention if they charged you, and later cancelled your order. it will be a uphill battle getting a refund.

GameStop won't let you check out with one in your cart, but I grabbed one from Namco earlier. Is the FFXIV PS3 LE available anywhere still? I'd like to cancel my order at Newegg if possible, before they cancel for me.
probably too late, you might want to check amazon.com, and amazon warehouse for a used copy. if you are really desperate in getting one

I got an extra GS order that shipped. Forgot that I pre-ordered there orginally way back and now I have 2 shipped to me, the other is from Amazon. If anyone want I can send the GS one for cost + shipping. Let me know, otherwise I'll return it locally.
Sent you a message.

Wow, I got screwed out of my pre-order for the CE by Newegg. I wanted to pre-order thru Amazon but missed it before they sold out. I like their story about the shipment being damaged.....yeah, right. More like they didn't get enough units in to fulfill all their pre-orders.

Wow, I got screwed out of my pre-order for the CE by Newegg. I wanted to pre-order thru Amazon but missed it before they sold out. I like their story about the shipment being damaged.....yeah, right. More like they didn't get enough units in to fulfill all their pre-orders.
they probably didn't get any ce shipment at all. lol they probably got trolled by digital rivers/ namco.

Wow, I got screwed out of my pre-order for the CE by Newegg.
Yeah I've have my pre-orders from Newegg cancelled as well. Not going to bother using them in the future. It might be a good deal with the coupon but if you don't get it, what's the point?

I cancelled my pre-ordered CE and got the regular edition to save a few bucks, so there should be another one in the mix somewhere. Good luck!

I feel bad that you got screwed, but you know, I find this extremely funny. I've gotten quite a few damaged CEs from them over the last 1-2 yeas and now (if true), they got a dose of their own medicine.

I had 4-5 pre-orders left for the rest of the year but I canceled all of them a few weeks ago after the Project X Zone fiasco. It's just one fucking thing after another with this company. They used to be awesome but they're just awful now.

It seems that any topic discussing RPGs is 60% complaining about the condition of a shipped collectors edition and 40% complaining about how a game will never come to America.

Not available at Gamestop (online) any more.  Still have some in my area at the local B&M according to their inventory search.

UPS will be bringing my Amazon order today. It could be a long day of twiddling my thumbs and looking out the window.

As much as I want to play Dragon's Crown, I'm going to have to go for Tales of Xillia first.

I guess I was just under the impression that Jude and Milla meet up and the story would be mostly the same. So they're separated for most of the game?
No, it's hard to explain without if being spoilerish. The thing is all I can say is that there are things that happen before you meet and during your journey, etc. where you are not always traveling together.

Has anyone gotten a text from GameStop, saying that it will be ready to pick up this morning?  I only got a text for Dragon Crown so far.

Same songs for CE as the limited edition as confirmed before, but CE CD actually comes in a jewel case and LE is a paper sleeve. Actual hard bound art book as confirmed before also.

My Limited Edition should be coming today. Cancelled my Collector's Edition to pick up the Limited and glad I did. $40 for the Statue wasn't really enough to justify spending the money.

I have a LE preordered from a GS store..  but I went ahead and placed an online order for the LE using the AUG15 + saver codes.  Will save me $5-$10.

Unfortunately, 10% off code is only for those who pre-ordered the CE and then had it cancelled. I would totally give mine away too. I'm definitely not going to use it. Hell, here try it and see what happens: TaleXillia10
Has anyone tried to see if the code is actually tied to canceled orders? I have CE coming in the mail and preordered at store but want an LE if I can find sub $45. Has anyone made some store (GS, BB, Target, etc) rounds to see if regular editions are out or all are LEs?

bread's done
Back