Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried to see if the code is actually tied to canceled orders? I have CE coming in the mail and preordered at store but want an LE if I can find sub $45. Has anyone made some store (GS, BB, Target, etc) rounds to see if regular editions are out or all are LEs?
I saw LEs at Target this morning in Los Angeles.

Has anyone tried to see if the code is actually tied to canceled orders? I have CE coming in the mail and preordered at store but want an LE if I can find sub $45. Has anyone made some store (GS, BB, Target, etc) rounds to see if regular editions are out or all are LEs?
When I went to Wal-Mart to pick up Place Beyond The Pines & Mud this morning before gamestop opened, I saw Xillia in the case and they were all LEs.

Just waiting for mine to arrive. Not gonna be home till later, so I hope they leave it like they do other packages. Cant leave a note on the door

If anyone is still looking to pick this up from gamestop i just ordered one with the code AUG15 and Saver and it came out to be 92.00 in all

just got mine from amazon with one corner massively dented. really pissed off as its my first damaged product from amazon. scouting other sites to buy another one but not finding any. this sucks -_-

actually was able to order one through the namco bandai store. not my first choice but better than nothing

It looks like I should get getting an extra Collector's Edition. I thought I only ordered from Amazon but I got a text last night from Gamestop saying I had one in today.  Jeeze, I wonder how much I put down on the GS one if I can't even remember ordering it... -_- Anyway, I'm so excited this game is FINALLY here!  Enjoy it, everyone!

Edit:  Just opened my Amazon shipped copy.  Looks pretty good to me minus a teeny dent in the lower left hand front corner.  But it's nothing I wouldn't have done myself so I'm calling this one a win.

box is much bigger than I thought as well. picked up from GS store.

The back of the box (bottom center) has a crease/slight dent :bomb: . It looks like the only way for that to happen is if someone was holding the box and applied too much pressure with their hand/finger.

just got mine from amazon with one corner massively dented. really pissed off as its my first damaged product from amazon. scouting other sites to buy another one but not finding any. this sucks -_-

actually was able to order one through the namco bandai store. not my first choice but better than nothing
how was packaging? I have a bestbuy order coming in and apparently one from GS.com (order a while back so forgot about that one). I don't recall ever getting damaged big items from BB/GS. I never order a big edition from Amazon so not sure about that.

just got mine from amazon with one corner massively dented. really pissed off as its my first damaged product from amazon.
Yup, mine was messed up too. I'd like to think I'm principled enough to get a return off them, but damned if I'm not the laziest son of a bitch around, so I think I'm just gonna keep it.

The collector's edition is probably the biggest CE in my collection though, so for people who like to impress... yeah, it will.

box is much bigger than I thought as well. picked up from GS store.

The back of the box (bottom center) has a crease/slight dent :bomb: . It looks like the only way for that to happen is if someone was holding the box and applied too much pressure with their hand/finger.

how was packaging? I have a bestbuy order coming in and apparently one from GS.com (order a while back so forgot about that one). I don't recall ever getting damaged big items from BB/GS. I never order a big edition from Amazon so not sure about that.
the box was way too big so it was sliding around in shipment. i considered keeping it but it felt like it damaged the box on the inside where the statue is so im sending it back

Reading people complain about slight dents in their collectors editions reminds me about having someone return a camera to Target because the instruction manual smelled strange.

Why do people order something like this online and expect it to be safe through shipping? That is some of the dumbest logic i've ever seen. Buy it in person so you can inspect it.

phail logic is phail
Not everyone lives in an area where they can buy this at retail (me, for example). Also, it generally works out cheaper online if you can avoid the sales tax and get free/cheap shipping.

My order still hasn't shipped...I did select the free shipping option; do pre orders with that selected option for shipping take this long? I never pre-order on Amazon :/

My order still hasn't shipped...I did select the free shipping option; do pre orders with that selected option for shipping take this long? I never pre-order on Amazon :/
Sometimes they do. They do different shipping options at times. I've seen them not process an order until it is almost at the estimated delivery date and then they just do a 1-2 day shipping. Other times, they would ship it earlier, but use a slower method.

Sometimes they do. They do different shipping options at times. I've seen them not process an order until it is almost at the estimated delivery date and then they just do a 1-2 day shipping. Other times, they would ship it earlier, but use a slower method.
Okay, thank you! :) I just don't want to get screwed out of my pre-order

there is estimate delivery date if you check your order status in your amazon account, and since you choose the free option it takes 5-8 days, which means you are probably not going to get it till next week at the 12th the earliest.

Got mine in a large box packaged with Dragon's Crown / Art Book.

No dents.

Figurine is nice, but the base of it is utter trash. It feels so cheap. Looks nice at least.

weird as in bad?
Correct. The plastic covering smelled like plastic, but the actual figure smelled like headache. I'm letting it air out right now.

I dunno if this is a common thing with figs, though, since my collection is all in boxes.

I'm so glad mine came in pristine condition. Came in a really big box, and was glad to see that it was wrapped all around by air cushions.

I'm glad so many in this thread received their CEs in excellent condition from Amazon.

I, unfortunately, received mine in a rather long box (I'm assuming the same size many of you received your copies in), with all of the cushioning set on one side.  As you can imagine, with no cushioning on the other side, my set suffered a nice corner dent on the front-right of the 'cover.'

In slightly-related news, my Limited Edition was shipped in a 'padded' envelope, which resulted in an extremely slight ding (barely noticeable).  However, the right spine of the package has that horizontal slice on it down the center of it, where you can tell someone cut too deep into the manufacturer's original shipping container (of multiple copies).

Now I'm torn between cracking open one of these copies and playing one of the games I've been waiting for, or going full-on 'must be in pristine condition' mode with Amazon [i.e. request an LE replacement, and wait for a CE to come back in stock (if available), order it, and send the dented one back].

I've got to learn to let some of this stuff go. 

Lol.

Hope everyone else receives their stuff in excellent condition.

Got my CE at my local gamestop! Perfect condition. Employee said they only got 1 delivered which was my preorder. He said alot of people were calling about the CE today and ofcourse they font have any extras. Glad i preordered mine. Im happy. Now if only i have time to play the game. Hehe

I'm glad so many in this thread received their CEs in excellent condition from Amazon.

I, unfortunately, received mine in a rather long box (I'm assuming the same size many of you received your copies in), with all of the cushioning set on one side. As you can imagine, with no cushioning on the other side, my set suffered a nice corner dent on the front-right of the 'cover.'

In slightly-related news, my Limited Edition was shipped in a 'padded' envelope, which resulted in an extremely slight ding (barely noticeable). However, the right spine of the package has that horizontal slice on it down the center of it, where you can tell someone cut too deep into the manufacturer's original shipping container (of multiple copies).

Now I'm torn between cracking open one of these copies and playing one of the games I've been waiting for, or going full-on 'must be in pristine condition' mode with Amazon [i.e. request an LE replacement, and wait for a CE to come back in stock (if available), order it, and send the dented one back].

Lol.

'That's how I got mine, but no problems here.

Picked up my copy today at GS and had no problems at all. Received Dragon's Crown from Amazon in the mail with artbook without any issues as well. 

Tales will keep my occupied until FFXIV beta starts back up again~ :D

I, unfortunately, received mine in a rather long box (I'm assuming the same size many of you received your copies in), with all of the cushioning set on one side.  As you can imagine, with no cushioning on the other side, my set suffered a nice corner dent on the front-right of the 'cover.'
In slightly-related news, my Limited Edition was shipped in a 'padded' envelope, which resulted in an extremely slight ding (barely noticeable).  However, the right spine of the package has that horizontal slice on it down the center of it, where you can tell someone cut too deep into the manufacturer's original shipping container (of multiple copies).
Lol.
your chances of finding a ce, or amazon having more ce is slim to none. you might have to bite the bullet on this one.

Got my CE at my local gamestop! Perfect condition. Employee said they only got 1 delivered which was my preorder. He said alot of people were calling about the CE today and ofcourse they font have any extras. Glad i preordered mine. Im happy. Now if only i have time to play the game. Hehe
it is because jrpg it is a niche game, not like your typical new call of duty games that most people in north america plays yearly.

Finally found my damn C.E -_-. Apparently my cousin thunk it a good idea to sign for my delivery, THEN put it in his truck instead of simply taking it inside the house. We even ran into each other after it was delivered (Before I knew it was), and he didn't even mention it. Now I'm just waiting for him to get home from the circus....

My CE from the actual Gamestop store was crushed and bent on the corners when I went to pick it up. Naturally I was the last one to pick there's up otherwise I would have switched it out. Amazing how poorly these things are packed and/or taken care of.

Finally found my damn C.E -_-. Apparently my cousin thunk it a good idea to sign for my delivery, THEN put it in his truck instead of simply taking it inside the house. We even ran into each other after it was delivered (Before I knew it was), and he didn't even mention it. Now I'm just waiting for him to get home from the circus....
Don't mean to laugh, but that's just too damn funny.

Comedy of 'errors.'

Had my UPS guy leave a note saying I needed to leave an authorization signature for him to leave my three packages.

It couldn't possibly have been the usual carrier, as I've never had issues with him.

Just another obstacle before I could get my hands on Tales and Dragon's Crown.

Sitcom Central over here.

Enjoy the game (when you finally get your hands on it).

Yeah, my brother laughed right in my face too when he found out what happened lol. I had a nagging feeling to leave a note, but my cousins never have any issues with the UPS guys just leaving the packages at the house.

Hope you get yours too, I'v had that happen to me before and it sucks. (It was my Galaxy S4 too, ended up having to wait an extra 4 days to get it)

Yeah, my brother laughed right in my face too when he found out what happened lol. I had a nagging feeling to leave a note, but my cousins never have any issues with the UPS guys just leaving the packages at the house.

Hope you get yours too, I'v had that happen to me before and it sucks. (It was my Galaxy S4 too, ended up having to wait an extra 4 days to get it)
Sorry. I actually got ahold of my copies.

Completely forgot to mention I went to pick up my games between 8 and 8:30 at the UPS hub.

Didn't even know they offered that service.

I may not be the best storyteller.

Lol.

Got my CE delivered at 9am today via UPS from BestBuy. Well packed in a box with padding so in mint shape. Used some of my BB trade credit.

Might keep it might not..

Picked up my pre-order around 5:30pm after work from gamestop. In excellent condition, loving the Milla figure! No work tomorrow either so I'll be playing pretty soon as well as a good amount tomorrow :D

On a side note, picked up Dragon's Crown on vita while I was there. I didn't pre-order it and didn't even ask for the artbook but they gave me one because they had a few left over!

There was an extra one at best buy that I live next to... I am still wrestling about whether I should go back and get it instead of my limited edition... 

bread's done
Back