Tales of Xillia Collector’s Edition Includes Milla Figurine & Art Book - $100

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

tales_ce.jpg

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta love gamestop they delivered my game to my old addy even though i updated everything over 2 months ago with them.  now i have no collectors edition and a dispute to deal with on my credit card.  unless by some luck my old landlord has the package and hasnt told me.  i stopped by the old apt and didnt find the box that said delivered.

My CE came, but I'm having major buyer's remorse right now lol The statue feels pretty cheap and not worth the extra money. Oh well. Time to put off playing the game for the next 5 years. I haven't even started playing Graces f and I bought that at release as well.
same here lol.

I'm 30 hours into Graces f, and don't see myself finishing it anytime soon.
im 3 hours into graces and cant see myself going through it. the kids voices were horrid. the gameplay was good enough. the story certainly wasnt winning any points either.

sp 160 dollars well spent? i really should learn my lesson by now.

Yeah... The lack of a manual shocked me, too. Slightly disappointing.

Picked up my GS preorder yesterday, and of course those goobers managed to dent the corner of the box pretty good. My Amazon preorder arrived in great condition. I know which one I'm keeping and which one I'm handing down.

As to the quality of the CE itself, I'm happy. I didn't watch any unboxing videos so I went in blind. The statue was actually better than I expected... It's not super large but the detail and build quality seems good. The artbook was a bit disappointing... I was hoping for something bigger... But it's hardcover, and it could've been worse. I'm glad the soundtrack got a jewel case, but I won't listen to it for a while.

Overall: Met expectations, would buy again.

I watched unboxings of Japanese and EU Xillia and super jealous of Japan's full colored manual. I will scour UK ebay for a Xillia Manual as this is unacceptable. Btw the backside of our cover basically has the warrenty info and stuff printed. Japan's cover backside has all the Tales game covers. Guess I'll be scouring for a Japanese coverartwork as well.

Yeah... The lack of a manual shocked me, too. Slightly disappointing.

Picked up my GS preorder yesterday, and of course those goobers managed to dent the corner of the box pretty good. My Amazon preorder arrived in great condition. I know which one I'm keeping and which one I'm handing down.

As to the quality of the CE itself, I'm happy. I didn't watch any unboxing videos so I went in blind. The statue was actually better than I expected... It's not super large but the detail and build quality seems good. The artbook was a bit disappointing... I was hoping for something bigger... But it's hardcover, and it could've been worse. I'm glad the soundtrack got a jewel case, but I won't listen to it for a while.

Overall: Met expectations, would buy again.
We had 4 CEs come in and when I opened the box, 3 of the 4 were dented corners and one was crushed in. You can blame UPS for that one.

Got mine today from Gamestop. Thought it would take longer what with it having been processed on Tuesday and it being SAVER shipping and all. Got 3, one for playing, one for someone else and one for the collector in me. The one I opened had a black mark on the rating part and a bit on the inside of the flap. Not sure what people here mean by dents on the corners and on the box but mine has some slight denting on one of the corners, overall though those things are nothing terrible. Other 2 had some slight denting on a corner as well. Box they shipped in was HUGE, like... XBOX HUEG.

My sister opened her CE and the teeth part of the CD case was all cracked (and a corner of the case is cracked as well). I think the lack of manual bothered her more than the case though since the case isn't exactly a not replaceable item.

I saw standard editions of the game without all the extras at Gamestop yesterday. Do you think those come with manuals?

My sister opened her CE and the teeth part of the CD case was all cracked (and a corner of the case is cracked as well). I think the lack of manual bothered her more than the case though since the case isn't exactly a not replaceable item.

I saw standard editions of the game without all the extras at Gamestop yesterday. Do you think those come with manuals?
none of the us versions come with the manuals.

Meh. The bigger the corporation, the less you get for your $60. NB has has definitely earned their place on the naughty list this year.

God bless the small companies that do good by their customers.

miyamotorola, on 09 Aug 2013 - 05:06 AM, said::/ I don't think US literary levels warrants wasting time on a manual.
Perhaps, but it's only a bummer to me because there's an english physical version of the manual out there, but they're cheapasses so they nixed it for the west.

I mean, they added the box, soundtrack, and artbooks to the standard version, but no manual? How am I going to rtfm without the m?

Well, I forgot about my Amazon order after I picked up the game from GS. Now I have two CEs. See what condition this one comes in, and I will be opening the worse conditioned one and guess keep the other sealed. Or I might sell it. Haven't decided yet.

Does the statue have a lot of orange on the top of her head for anyone else? Mine has A LOT of orange, also has a small hole on her head like it was poked slightly with a needle or something

Placed my preorder over 3 months ago on amazon, eagerly watched the tracking number the past few days. Package came...received a large, damaged white box with "TABLE À USAGE MULTIPLE!" and two overlapping shipping labels on it.

Contacted them twice. First time, guy either didn't speak much English or misunderstood my email: "Sure, send us this info on the package and we'll send you a replacement no worries." Sent the requested info, different guy responded: "Sorry for the incorrect info, no stock, here's a refund. Feel free to purchase from a seller on our site for $70 markup." To make things worse, they didn't refund my $20 video game credit that I used to purchase. Unbelievable.

Placed my preorder over 3 months ago on amazon, eagerly watched the tracking number the past few days. Package came...received a large, damaged white box with "TABLE À USAGE MULTIPLE!" and two overlapping shipping labels on it.

Contacted them twice. First time, guy either didn't speak much English or misunderstood my email: "Sure, send us this info on the package and we'll send you a replacement no worries." Sent the requested info, different guy responded: "Sorry for the incorrect info, no stock, here's a refund. Feel free to purchase from a seller on our site for $70 markup." To make things worse, they didn't refund my $20 video game credit that I used to purchase. Unbelievable.
promotional credit are non-refundable.

wait.. WHAT? Is this true? This trend is staring to piss me off and one of the reasons i dont buy vita games very often and have no qualms about buying them used. To see it on a friggin PS3 RPG though is a joke. I was very upset at the fold out we got for Fire emblem, which traditionally has nice pretty detailed manuals. Im gonna be pissed if either my CE or LE has no manual whatsoever. Isn't his a deep RPG? I want to look at character descritpions, and battle charts, ect
Same thing on that Shengi for 3DS by Atlus... LE ye NO MANUAL or pamphlet.. its fuggin gay.

Received my copy from Amazon today in perfect condition :)

Does the statue have a lot of orange on the top of her head for anyone else? Mine has A LOT of orange, also has a small hole on her head like it was poked slightly with a needle or something
Mine also has a ton of orange there, but no hole

So what did you get in the mail exactly?

Don't ask for a refund of the credit, just ask for another one.

So what did you get in the mail exactly?

Don't ask for a refund of the credit, just ask for another one.
I got some cheaply made wooden side table in a generic white box. In my messages, I asked for a replacement but they're obviously sold out everywhere and amazon hasn't had any in stock in months. I even stated my concerns that they won't be able to replace it due to the limited availability.

promotional credit are non-refundable.
I realize this, but it seems incredibly unfair in this situation considering I preordered three months ago and they are at fault. It's not like I'm trying to return the thing to get some quick cash into my account - I still want the game and told them so. I would have gladly spent the promotional credit on some other game. As is, they failed to fulfill my preorder, have no way of doing so, and took $20 credit out of my account.

I'm still talking with them, but this is entirely too unprofessional. Amazon usually has amazing service.

My CE BB order came in perfect conditon.

I've disappointed that the game didn't come with a manual and the god awful butt ugly backside of the cover filled with disclaimers and crap. They're stingier. I guess I'll have to look for a manual and maybe a new cover slip.

The game, I love it so far. VA's good too

That really is lame that Amazon screwed you. Tell them to cancel someone else's order that you ordered yours before and give it to you. They won't do it, but can't hurt. I'd keep complaining. Say it is a rare item, was a present for a cousin with ALS or something. make them feel guilty. Lie. That's what America is all about.

I don't see the big deal about no manual. No one reads them anymore. Why waste the money to make them if no one uses them?

It doesn't even make sense from a collector's standpoint. One doesn't exist, so the worry about it is taken out of your hands. There is no choice in the matter. It's not any less valuable or nice, because a manual never existed in the first place.

I don't see the big deal about no manual. No one reads them anymore. Why waste the money to make them if no one uses them?

It doesn't even make sense from a collector's standpoint. One doesn't exist, so the worry about it is taken out of your hands. There is no choice in the matter. It's not any less valuable or nice, because a manual never existed in the first place.
Didn't know today's gamer no longer reads the manuals. I always do, especially during installation.

Didn't know today's gamer no longer reads the manuals. I always do, especially during installation.
More and more games are switching to digital manuals. Most games even include a tutorial within the game itself to teach you how to play. Manuals aren't really needed nowadays. I don't think it's that much of a big deal to make a fuss over it. The less paper used, the more eco friendly it is.

I tend to browser my computer, do some sit ups or push ups while games are installing.

I picked my CE up yesterday.  All of the boxes came with dents in the corner... nothing major.  I've seen much worse.  These thinner boxes are notorious for that sort of denting, make me wonder why everybody doesn't use the thicker boxing like Uncharted 3 or MK.

I'd be torn on if this was worth the extra $40 if I hadn't picked this up for less than the cost of the standard edition.  The OST in a jewel case vs. a sleeve isn't a big deal and the extra themes are a tad 'meh' .... the big difference being the miniature art book and the figure.  Then again, my 'worth it' is an either/or scenario.  I could have gotten the ToX CE or for $20/less picked up a second new release.  I'm still happy with the buy, though.  Especially after getting completely screwed on the Wizard Edition for NNK via Digital River and my old gamestop 'over-selling' the ToV LE copy I had pre-ordered. 

I'm not bummed by the lack of a manual, but I did find it a strange occurrence for a RPG.

FYI GS and other retailers are already getting restocked with vanilla versions of Xillia so if you want a Day 1 edition you better buy it this weekend. My store had all of their preorders minus 1 pickup (about 16 total between LE & CE) and have been resupplied with about 18 vanilla copies.

I picked my CE up yesterday. All of the boxes came with dents in the corner... nothing major. I've seen much worse. These thinner boxes are notorious for that sort of denting, make me wonder why everybody doesn't use the thicker boxing like Uncharted 3 or MK.

I'd be torn on if this was worth the extra $40 if I hadn't picked this up for less than the cost of the standard edition. The OST in a jewel case vs. a sleeve isn't a big deal and the extra themes are a tad 'meh' .... the big difference being the miniature art book and the figure. Then again, my 'worth it' is an either/or scenario. I could have gotten the ToX CE or for $20/less picked up a second new release. I'm still happy with the buy, though. Especially after getting completely screwed on the Wizard Edition for NNK via Digital River and my old gamestop 'over-selling' the ToV LE copy I had pre-ordered.

I'm not bummed by the lack of a manual, but I did find it a strange occurrence for a RPG.
How'd you pick it up for less than the cost of a standard edition?

I never do. Almost every game now takes you through some sort of tutorial. Manuals are pointless nowadays.

That is BS. Like two PS3 games I own give you tutorials that tell you the controls before throwing you in the game.

Most RPG games have no tutorial and they have a extra fat manual to help with the controls and all the content.

The fact that the European version has a manual goes to show that obviously one was created with the purpose of it being helpful.

USA didn't get a manual because they probably wanted to save on packaging cost.

That is BS. Like two PS3 games I own give you tutorials that tell you the controls before throwing you in the game.

Most RPG games have no tutorial and they have a extra fat manual to help with the controls and all the content.

The fact that the European version has a manual goes to show that obviously one was created with the purpose of it being helpful.

USA didn't get a manual because they probably wanted to save on packaging cost.
You must only own two games then.

I'm with whoknows. Some games don't have in-game manuals or tutorials, but most do anymore. If not, everything you need is right in the menu and controller settings.

99% of games either have one or the other. It's extremely rare for a game to not have an in-game manual OR tutorial. It just is.

The last game I remember actually reading the manual for was Demon's Souls since the tutorial only covered the basics. Other than that every other game today has in-depth  tutorials.

How'd you pick it up for less than the cost of a standard edition?
Picked up a copy of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing City Folk (both scratched, 7 ea) Orange Box, Left for Dead 2 and Portal 2 (10 ea) for $44 Cash. MK + Animal Crossing CF is part of the $50 promo at GS.

Picked up a copy of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing City Folk (both scratched, 7 ea) Orange Box, Left for Dead 2 and Portal 2 (10 ea) for $44 Cash. MK + Animal Crossing CF is part of the $50 promo at GS.
Ah so basically bought cheaper games to trade in for more? Or am I thinking of the wrong $50 promo? I assume you mean the trade 2 get $50 towards new game promo?

If you are gaming, then all of your problems are first world problems.

With that being said, I just want to go back to the good ol' days, physical discs/carts, fat manuals with colors that you can flip through and collect, the joy of lending your games freely, the delight of having friends over for local co-op, no microtransactions, on disc DLC etc. etc. I know why the industry is headed in this direction, but old guys like me like to reminisce, that's why I pay for a lot of CEs with physical items.

And back in the day we can also pick up strategy guide.  It seems that only major RPG release are getting them, as no one bother to make one for graces or xillia

i remember a couple of days ago people were in here arguing abut the value of the figure. If you look at some of the recent completed listings on ebay they are going for $65-$85.  

I don't believe in blaming though. Yeah, it is easy to blame today's young generation who has no patience, they expect to receive a game, tear open the packing, throw away the box, and jump into shooting action knowing the exact control scheme (left aim, right shoot, square reload etc.); but times are different, they have a *LOT* of stimulation these days, I would probably be like them if I grew up in this time.

If you are gaming, then all of your problems are first world problems.

With that being said, I just want to go back to the good ol' days, physical discs/carts, fat manuals with colors that you can flip through and collect, the joy of lending your games freely, the delight of having friends over for local co-op, no microtransactions, on disc DLC etc. etc. I know why the industry is headed in this direction, but old guys like me like to reminisce, that's why I pay for a lot of CEs with physical items.

Smart old school gamers would agree. A lot of the new generation into the digital distribution will realize it one day when they can't sell their games or even worse lose all access to the games because the company no longer is in business or supports the program.

Then you'll see a lot of people trying to start class action lawsuits only to have them denied because of the terms of service they agreed to, to use these digital distribution services.

Same concept with manuals. You get people saying stupid things like it's more eco friendly etc. If you want eco friendly don't buy a big ass box collectors edition. Or even worse they defend the company and say who uses manuals any more anyways. I think that's when everyone who does just rolls their eyes at them.

Point of the matter is the European version got a manual. That tells me two things.

1.The company that made the game thinks Europeans are stupid and needed the manual and Americans didn't

2. Or two and most likely. They wanted to cut production cost down and save money. I doubt they did it to help the environment.

bread's done
Back