Tales of Xillia Collector's Edition @ Newegg {Out of Stock/Discontinued}

Lol, ok. I don't run a business. There is no "shelf cost" as it is in an unused room. Also, my day job goes just fine and I had a promotion less than a year ago and I just hit my 1 year mark with the company a little under 20 days ago.

You guys are nuts if you think like this. Not everyone needs the "business" mentality as it certainly isn't my life's blood. Besides, if I were a huge reseller, I wouldn't buy only 1 copy to flip.
Nobody said you had to run a business to understand common sense. "Nothing" in this world is guaranteed to appreciate in value as time goes by. Not stocks, gold, real estate and certainly not packaged digital media. Inventory cost means the money you put into buying the thing is not liquid. If you purportedly don't care about re-selling, then don't brag about it either. It just makes you sound like a newb.

As an aside, I hope seriously no one actually considers re-selling (as in just buying from retailers and re-selling as opposed to really operating a store, offline or otherwise) a viable sustainable business model unless you're in between jobs. It's a perfectly competitive market with no barriers to entry. Most of you don't have the cash flow to sustain the inventory costs. One big misjudgment on inventory value and you'll be losing money doing one of the most retarded things on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody said you had to run a business to understand common sense. "Nothing" in this world is guaranteed to appreciate in value as time goes by. Not stocks, gold, real estate and certainly not packaged digital media. Inventory cost means the money you put into buying the thing is not liquid. If you purportedly don't care about re-selling, then don't brag about it either. It just makes you sound like a newb.

As an aside, I hope seriously no one actually considers re-selling (as in just buying from retailers and re-selling as opposed to really operating a store, offline or otherwise) a viable sustainable business model unless you're in between jobs. It's a perfectly competitive market with no barriers to entry. Most of you don't have the cash flow to sustain the inventory costs. One big misjudgment on inventory value and you'll be losing money doing one of the most retarded things on the internet.
I've found that those who try the hardest to convince people not to resell something and introduce "Economics" or "Business 101" into their discussion are usually just trying to thin the competition.

jimmywolf13 said:
their nothing wrong with your method, i see it from both PoV. option a) buy it, sell it sooner then later, make $20-$50. or b) from waiting years profit could be $50-$200+ depends on item an if it holds value.

most people believe short sell, quick profit is better. as the random nature of items holding value an cash in hand now, is better then chance at more later. least what i think
So do you think these are going to be rare?

lol for a second i thought you were quoting yourself, Until I notice one of your is

R3DNate, the other is R3DH3R0
Hahaha! It does look that way!

Dude you have an awesome name :D
Thanks, you too, bro.

But staying on topic, somewhat, lol. I don't think it will be rare immediately. Seeing how Club Namco never sold out and Gamestop has new stock. Maybe sometime down the line. I know Tales of Vesperia LE is somewhat rare. That was few years back, I can't remember if they sold out online. But when I went to my local Fry's a week after release they had 10 or so copies. But that was only in steelbook with an extra disc.

Thanks, you too, bro.

But staying on topic, somewhat, lol. I don't think it will be rare immediately. Seeing how Club Namco never sold out and Gamestop has new stock. Maybe sometime down the line. I know Tales of Vesperia LE is somewhat rare. That was few years back, I can't remember if they sold out online. But when I went to my local Fry's a week after release they had 10 or so copies. But that was only in steelbook with an extra disc.
alot of collectors edition only go up in value after years

Thanks, you too, bro.

just a question, are you getting dragons crown?

alot of collectors edition only go up in value after years

just a question, are you getting dragons crown?
Yeah, it all depends on what people want. A majority of them don't hold their value though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it next week or not. I'm going to get it eventually, quite a few games I want come out this month. When I do get it, it's probably going to be on PS3.

Yeah, it all depends on what people want. A majority of them don't hold their value though.

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it next week or not. I'm going to get it eventually, quite a few games I want come out this month. When I do get it, it's probably going to be on PS3.
i only own a ps3, so i have no choice. lol. I personally feel it is too late for me to get a xbox 360. I rather get a next gen console,

Last edited by a moderator:
i only own a ps3, so i have no choice. lol. I personally feel it is too late for me to get a xbox 360. I rather get a next gen console,
I think it's only coming out on PS3 and Vita. Guess it depends. The new systems are $200-300 more than the current iterations, and the current ones will probably drop again. As will the prices of games on ebay, amazon, etc. Guess it all depends. Never too late to buy any console, just depends if the price is right.

bread's done
Back