Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

They do, assuming you come across someone who read/knows about the email corporate sent out telling them to take em disc only. I bought up 28 old sports games from the GS @ CP and traded them to the BBY @ CP. Turned $13 into $39 just by crossing the street.

Gotcha. I'll probably call over there just to make sure. Don't want to have a crap load (as in the twenty i'll probably buy) of disc only ps2 games I can't get rid of.

[quote name='super_dawn']Do you guys know if bb takes disc only games? Might flip some ps2 cheapies from gs...[/QUOTE]

As far as I know they do not take disc only.

Nice finds on a Tampa trip

2 copies of keith courage, 1 complete - .50
Sidearms complete w/ outer box - $2
Alien Crush complete w/ outer box - $2
Air Zonk outer box (no game) - free
Cadash complete with outer box - $2
Super Star Soldier complete (no box) - .50
Pro Action Replay 4 in 1, Saturn, Complete in Box - $1

and

Radiant Silvergun Complete Saturn Import - $2

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
GS doesn't? If anyone is interested I have some game cases (similar to PS2) if you guys need them. Just trying to clear up some space. I stay in Wesley Chapel, but work at USF so we can meet on campus if you need them.

[quote name='sjea0124']I guess a Kotaku article came out saying Kmart in Tampa sold the first copy of MW3 on PS3. Anyone want to try and see if they are selling them.

http://kotaku.com/5855826/is-this-the-first-copy-of-modern-warfare-3-ever-sold[/QUOTE]
I would be willing to bet that it was the Florida Ave location (south of Busch). 2 weeks before Blur's street date, there it was on the shelf. The employee in electronics was a 20something hipster chick, who turned out to be the manager. She told me that her guy that stocked the shelf was an older gentleman who didn't pay any attention to the street date stuff.

Apparently the store that broke street date was one of the two local stores here in Tampa -- maybe this information can help Josh out.

http://stickskills.com/2011/11/04/g...-3-playing-on-xbox-live-could-get-you-banned/

Early copies of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 have already been sold by a Kmart in Tampa whose employees claimed to be unaware of the release date,

So yea, looks like I'm the one that has to worry about stock after all haha.

Hopefully it was the crappy location on the other side of town, and not the good K-Mart I usually go to.

Its a shame none of the articles I've found have said WHICH K-Mart it was. Another website claims it was due to a "confusion about the labeling on the boxes" that prompted the employees here to sell it early.

Hey TB CAGers! I was just at the Walmart on Fletcher near USF and they had marked down all their GH6 bundles to $25. Looked like most of them were gone, but when I was there (10pm Sunday) there was still 1 PS3 full band bundle, and 3 or 4 of both PS3/Wii guitar bundles. No 360 :(

Side note, anyone know where I can get some 360 RB/GH drums? I just moved down here from VA and left them behind, not thinking I'd actually want them. Big mistake.

[quote name='kuray']Hey TB CAGers! I was just at the Walmart on Fletcher near USF and they had marked down all their GH6 bundles to $25. Looked like most of them were gone, but when I was there (10pm Sunday) there was still 1 PS3 full band bundle, and 3 or 4 of both PS3/Wii guitar bundles. No 360 :(

Side note, anyone know where I can get some 360 RB/GH drums? I just moved down here from VA and left them behind, not thinking I'd actually want them. Big mistake.[/QUOTE]

Hey - Kuray - what part of VA? I have some RB Drums, but they are the first editions.

[quote name='donniedroc']I would be willing to bet that it was the Florida Ave location (south of Busch). 2 weeks before Blur's street date, there it was on the shelf. The employee in electronics was a 20something hipster chick, who turned out to be the manager. She told me that her guy that stocked the shelf was an older gentleman who didn't pay any attention to the street date stuff.[/QUOTE]

The one near the stadium seems like a candidate too. I was there this weekend, and there were EEs looking through all the games - maybe trying to snag some that escaped?

Just a heads up on some closing deals. FYE in Countryside Mall is going out of business as is the Blockbuster on Linebaugh. Haven't been to FYE in a couple weeks, but two weeks ago they were 20% off used and 10% off new games.

The Linebaugh store barely had any used games the last day before they went into liquidation, but it could be that some of the other stores may be mailing them stuff. From what it sounds, Linebaugh might not be the only BBV closing in the area.

The blockbluster closings are meh. The one on Hillsborough is also closing. Much better deals at the ones that are not with the used game/bluray sale and the new Bluray sale packs.

New GS opened up in Palm Harbor on East Lake/Tampa Rd. Its in the Boot Ranch plaza w/ target & BBV. I'm headed there in a bit as they already have a couple games i'm looking for.

What'll be interesting is that it is also across the street from Play N Trade. Hopefully that means PNT will start to be more competitive with their pricing.

Bezerker does that referral swapper really work? Thinking of going for one of the PSVita Offer sites by TRAINN.

The TRU in Wesley Chapel and the one in Brandon are out of the PS SR3 Platinum deals.

[quote name='frostybroc']
The TRU in Wesley Chapel and the one in Brandon are out of the PS SR3 Platinum deals.[/QUOTE]

Boo, i planned on looking there tomorrow.

As for Referral Swapper, yea, it worked really good. Basically you find someone who's able to do whatever referral site you are trying to complete and either offer them cash to do it or offer to be a referral on a site they are trying to complete

I've been out of the referral business for a while, I Just never bothered to change my sig & whatnot. Its pretty easy to get into, I recommend getting a few prepaid debit cards, that way you can just keep a small balance on them for whatever authorization/S&H charges the trial offers may have, and you don't have to worry about canceling the trial since they cant charge you.

Just got an email saying that the Oldsmar BB is closing May 12th. Don't know if that means any outrageous closeout prices or not. Never been to a BB store closing before. Email states "up to 20% off 'SELECT' remaining merchandise."

Yea, i got the email as well, very sad as I live right by it and it has been my fav store since I moved to Westchase.

I hope prices go lower than 20% at the end, but im guessing since Clearwater & Citrus Park arent that far away, they may be better off just transferring everything.

Anyone have luck finding Diablo III CEs? I thought for sure they'd be relatively easy to find after launch. Most stores around me never even got any.

Best Buy should be releasing them to the public tomorrow but chances are they're sold out. Citrus Park had 27 people pre-order the CE but they only got 18 copies in.

Sad, that store is great for finding cheap games (mainly because they never seemed to put new price stickers whenever clearances happened).

I'll probably check it out once it hits the 50% off point.

And I live in St. Petersburg.

I'll report anything good that I find as well. Just bear in mind that I'm not a hardcore gamer, and there are very little places that sell games near me, so some of the deals that I post about might be crappy.

Also, I wanted to tell of a story where I found what I thought was a SWEET deal. But I'd love to hear if anybody thinks so as well. I found a working copy of SSBB for the Wii in the CA Pawn on 38th and 54th South on 1/4/11, and with a $39.99 Pre-owned GS sticker, for $10 flat. The only problems were that it was in a BBV case and was missing its manual.

Hey guys,

I started the Extra Life Gaming Charity Team for CAG. We are looking for people to help raise funds for Children's Miracle Network. Essentially you raise funds for the CMN, and game for 24 hours. Great Way to earn some Karma do what you like to do at the same time.

Take a look at the Extra Life Team Page -----> Click Here

More information on the event take a look at -----> Click Here

Fye Brandon is closing for good on Sat or Sun. Went a few days ago and everything was 50-80% off. Not much left for games but tons of cd/dvds & merch

[quote name='Bezerker']Fye Brandon is closing for good on Sat or Sun. Went a few days ago and everything was 50-80% off. Not much left for games but tons of cd/dvds & merch[/QUOTE]

Dam did not know fye Brandon was shutting down. No wonder I was able to pick up Devil May Cry PS2 boxed collection for $5 a month ago there. Anyone know if there is any deals on the Hyperkin Supaboys they sell at that location?

Dam went to Fye today and they were out of Supaboys which sucks but I really just wanted it for the SNES games that I have that do not work on my Retro Duo portable so no real big loss. Did pick up Doom 3 BFG for PC for $15, not a bad price but I think Steam had it cheaper during the winter sale but I wanted a physical version.

[quote name='frostybroc']What's good CAGs in Tampa Bay? Anyone playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?[/QUOTE]

I am. I have both the WiiU & 3ds versions but have yet to crack open the 3ds once since I mostly play at home.

Anyone interested?

I'm selling/trading a 500gb PS3 with 2 controllers, charge cables, and Rocketfish Headet for $250. I will trade straight up for a new 3DS XL with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Let me know, I'm open to discussion on this.

[quote name='frostybroc']Anyone in the Tampa Bay area down for a 3DS/3DS XL meetup? Also anyone have a 3DS / 3DS XL they are trying to get rid of??[/QUOTE]
Frosty, not sure if you have $$$ or looking to trade, but check this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341354&page=3

Apparently, the Macy's electronics kiosk (think redbox for electronics) has a 3ds for $129. I can confirm the Macy's @ the Citrus Park Mall has the kiosk, but haven't checked the price yet, mainly because both my boys have one.

Thanks DD, I was hoping to trade, but may have to go buy one. Don't know if I want to grab a 3DS till the Animal Crossing Edition drops since I missed out on the Pikachu, or just go grab a Red one.

Thanks for the tip, that is a great deal for a new 3DS

The only place you can find a Pikachu 3DS is on the Gamestop website as of 15 minutes ago. I would post a link but somehow I'm still consider a new user. I thought I saw one the Sears at the Lakeland Square Mall but I'm not 100% on that. You may want to call them first.

Most interesting. I had mostly sworn off getting a new portable this generation, and lately I definitely gravitating towards getting a 3DS, and have [gasp] considered a Vita as well.

Yeah same here. I sold my Vita. But MH3U on 3DS is tempting, and I'm looking to setup a MH3U meetup in Tampa. If you guys are interested let me know.

Clearance Notice: The Target on Bruce B Downs and Fletcher Avenue near USF has EPIC Mickey Wii Nunchuks on clearance for $20.98. Normally they're $30. They had about 6 left this morning.

bread's done
Back