Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='Roufuss']Hey hey Tampa Bay people.

Finally got myself a new job, but still in the same field as the last one ;) I'm working at EB at Tyrone Mall now, I should start sometime next week. I won't be doing alot, just working one day a week to start but come in, say hi sometime![/QUOTE]

hey thats pretty cool.. so r u going to refer people to cag for cheaper deals then EB store?? :)

hehe!

Sams club on Dale Mabry had a returned 42" Samsung 1080i Plasma for $850. The discount tag said "Left side has dots (pixels?) on screen". Sams Club claims its under full warranty, but i called samsung and they said since its an Open Box item its not under warranty. They ask at the begining of the call for your name/address, so obviously i cant call back and cook up a lie that would allow it to be "under warranty". But if anyone else wants to try, it might still be there tomorrow morning (i left sams 15 minutes ago, only 2 people seemed interested in it).

If anybody is interested in a PS3, the Super Target in clearwater had a 20 gb version yesterday and the Walmart at 19 & 590 in clearwater had a 60 today. I don't know how long they'll be there, but I'm guessing the stores will be getting them on a regular basis from now till xmas.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']If anybody is interested in a PS3, the Super Target in clearwater had a 20 gb version yesterday and the Walmart at 19 & 590 in clearwater had a 60 today. I don't know how long they'll be there, but I'm guessing the stores will be getting them on a regular basis from now till xmas.[/QUOTE]

thx

did they have them out on display?

got back from clearwater walmart. the girl said they have NO IDEA when ps3's would come in (she was working in electronics) and she said there still fullfilling there rainchecks..........................

Target had it in the case.

That Walmart keeps them back at layaway, I didn't ask if it was for sale because they said they didn't give rainchecks?

[quote name='leadfootedfool']Target had it in the case.

That Walmart keeps them back at layaway, I didn't ask if it was for sale because they said they didn't give rainchecks?[/QUOTE]

she said there still fullfilling there rainchecks from the launch (they took like 6-10rainchecks)

but also said they didnt have any,,, so im not sure whats up.

I stopped by today and it was gone. I asked the electronics manager and he said it was for somebody with a raincheck and they have no idea when the rest will be filled or when they'll have some for sale ( I don't buy that, I think they're getting a couple every week or so.)

Sorry for making you drive there, I didn't think anybody had given rainchecks, next time I'll ask if it's for sale.

Just as an Fyi the toys R us on tyrone by the mall had a ton of the classic controllers for the wii out last night before they closed, I know these can be pretty hard to find.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']I stopped by today and it was gone. I asked the electronics manager and he said it was for somebody with a raincheck and they have no idea when the rest will be filled or when they'll have some for sale ( I don't buy that, I think they're getting a couple every week or so.)

Sorry for making you drive there, I didn't think anybody had given rainchecks, next time I'll ask if it's for sale.[/QUOTE]

np only a 10 min drive.

Another awesome trip to Rhino... traded in two of my own games, as well as two games I bought at EB for $23 total.

I used Rhino's trade 2 deal get 1 free deal two seperate games for two 360 games, and paid the $10 for each to cover the difference.

So F.E.A.R and Rainbow Six Vegas for $45 together after everything is all said and done.

I really REALLY urge everyone to check this store out.... it's incredibly easy to flip between EB / GS and Rhino and most EB / GS's have TONS of cheap sub $12.99 games to use.

Unfortunately I did get the last Rainbow Six Vegas for 360 :(

The Target on North Dale Mabry had 1 copy of the Warriors for XB, 5 copies of MVP 05 for XB, & Tecmo COllection for XB all for 4.98 if anyone is looking for em

The two story Target in Tampa after Ray Jay has the wireless official Guitar Hero guitars for $49. Work like magic.

[quote name='Argento']The two story Target in Tampa after Ray Jay has the wireless official Guitar Hero guitars for $49. Work like magic.[/QUOTE]

Haha, weird, I always called this one the Target BEFORE the Raymond James ;)

I guess it depends on the direction you're coming from but I'm just so used to popping right off the highway and there it is.

I always just say the Super Target. Not too many in Tampa.

arg, just read on Craigslist that the Sears on Spruce had a 47" LCD tv for $800~.

Ah well, they only had 1 so im sure people had to be lined up for it.

Anyone know any stores that have official component cables for XBX or PS2? I hear that Walmarts have the PS2 ones for $15-17 but the few ive checked havent had any.

The EB in International Mall supposedly has components for XBX & PS2 for $8.99 each. I just have no idea what brand they are. I'll be checking it out tomorrow before work.

[quote name='Bezerker']Anyone know any stores that have official component cables for XBX or PS2? I hear that Walmarts have the PS2 ones for $15-17 but the few ive checked havent had any.

The EB in International Mall supposedly has components for XBX & PS2 for $8.99 each. I just have no idea what brand they are. I'll be checking it out tomorrow before work.[/QUOTE]

EB sells the official Sony component cables used for something like $5.99... they have the Sony logo on them somewhere as well, it's where I got mine.

Rhino had them dirt cheap ($2 i think) but that was a couple months ago.

The Kmart on Dale Mabry by the stadium has 2 or 3 360 controllers left, these were on the rack, I'd imagine they have more somewhere else, or you could always get it price matched. Its not a bad deal, $30, for the wireless ones if you have a core system (like me.)

Has anybody seen Odama at the targets around here? I just realized it was down to $12, but keep forgetting when I'm in target.

I dont know how it happened, but after searching for a copy of Toe Jam and Earl 1 for years, I find two complete copies within 30 minutes of each ofther for a grand total of $7 at a thrift store and then a pawn shop. I also found a complete copy Black Label Copy of Castlevania SOTN for $4 between the two copies of TJE. Castlevania had been sitting there for over a month (according to the label) and I was shocked to see it. Now only if I could find a cheap copy of Dirge of Cerebus.

I was able to snag a 1st party Xbox Component @ EBX & a 1st Party PS2 component @ Rhino. Both were $9.99 each, thanks again for the recommendations.

Couldnt believe all the rare stuff Rhino had. Two Gamecube Broadband adapters (1 used and 1 new) and quite a few PSX games i hadnt seen in a while as well. just a shame their prices are shit ($50 for a SNES - wtf?).

[quote name='Bezerker']I was able to snag a 1st party Xbox Component @ EBX & a 1st Party PS2 component @ Rhino. Both were $9.99 each, thanks again for the recommendations.

Couldnt believe all the rare stuff Rhino had. Two Gamecube Broadband adapters (1 used and 1 new) and quite a few PSX games i hadnt seen in a while as well. just a shame their prices are shit ($50 for a SNES - wtf?).[/QUOTE]

Rhino prices alot of their stuff around Ebay values, namely because they can because there is no other place around that sells old games that is a well respected store front.

I only go there for newer type stuff, I tend to just avoid all of their old school stuff since it is generally overpriced, in my opinion.

[quote name='Roufuss']Rhino prices alot of their stuff around Ebay values, namely because they can because there is no other place around that sells old games that is a well respected store front.

I only go there for newer type stuff, I tend to just avoid all of their old school stuff since it is generally overpriced, in my opinion.[/quote]

I tend to agree but when the stuff goes on sale its a great deal. I managed to snag a new Neo Geo Pocket Color with Metal Slug, Samurai Showdown 2, Fatal Fury, and 3 other games for 14.99.

For anyone who is interested: Circuit City locations have received a shipment of Wii remotes, Nunchuks and Classic Controllers. I just picked up a few of each at the Bradenton store. Per the Web site, the St. Pete location is showing them in stock, too. Good luck!

There is a pawn shop on 34 Street South next to the K-Mart and Wal-Mart that got in a TON of Gamecube games... I passed on them all as they are in pretty bad shape. Crappy cases, no manuals, discs are kinda fucked up.

However, if you want a Zelda Collectors Edition for $10 and don't mind the condition of it (I assume it will play) then this is a good deal.

They also had Sonic Riders, every RE 0, 1 and 4, Pokemon Colosseum, and some other GC games all for $10 a pop.

They also had the kind of rare Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc but, again, it was in pretty bad shape. They would be close to impossible to resell (I wouldn't take the chance, not in a million years), but I figure if anyone out there wants them to play them it is an awesome deal, or has a way to maybe fix up discs.

You might be able to even talk them down from $10.

Does anyone around here know where I can get any cheap Gamecube component cables?

Just realized I only have S-Video for it, and Zelda will look like ass on that, and prices on Ebay for these damn cables are $40 - $50... too much for one game.

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

Unless you get lucky with some pre-owned ones at a game store (Maybe a Rhino?), chances are you're not gonna find them for less than ebay prices other than maybe some no-name site.

Im guessing you dont have a Wii.

[quote name='Legolas813']Is there any place in Tampa to buy the Wii console?[/QUOTE]

Call the Toy R Us that located at US 60 near I-75 in Brandon EVERY Saturday morning for the wii. That TRU store doesn't know the meaning of "hold till sale date". That'll be your best bet.

I think I've called every single EB / GS in Saint Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, and Citrus looking for these damn Gamecube Component cables.

I think I'm about to give up, unless someone saw them at a pawn shop or something.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Never looked for them but I can it a shot during my next rounds.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton, that was Nintendo's tip for finding them... "Try Flea Markets and Yard Sales!!".

Gee, thanks, Nintendo.

I was at the Target in Pinellas Park during lunch time yesterday and they had one 60 GB PS3 sitting in the case. I quickly found a sales person and bought it.

Congrats. Im going to wait a bit for some games to come out (and for these "new and improved" PS3s Sony has made to hit the streets)

Haha, just in case anyone was wondering how my search for the GC component cables ended, I called EVERY SINGLE EB / GS in a 50 mile radius that shows up on their website. And a Rhino.

It took about two hours, and none of them had any :rofl:

One guy just laughed.

[quote name='Bezerker']Congrats. Im going to wait a bit for some games to come out (and for these "new and improved" PS3s Sony has made to hit the streets)[/QUOTE]

I was going to wait also but I couldn't pass it up when I saw it sitting there.

I finally found a PS3 today at a Gamerush, just sitting there. My problem is that it is a 20 gig. Should I sell it and get a 60 gig? What is a 20 gig really mssing outside of a 60 gig hard drive and wireless? Can I buy a wireless adaptor?

It's also missing the memory card reader.

Stopped by the Rhino in palatka (long story), but they had 6 nunchuks and 3 classic controllers. If you're having a hard time finding them, you might want to give rhino a call.

[quote name='leadfootedfool']It's also missing the memory card reader.

Stopped by the Rhino in palatka (long story), but they had 6 nunchuks and 3 classic controllers. If you're having a hard time finding them, you might want to give rhino a call.[/QUOTE]

The Rhino in Citrus dosen't have shit, just went in there today, some lady asked and they said they hadn't received their shipment yet.

[quote name='Bezerker']If anyone hasnt noticed, theres a list that includes games that are less than $10 that qualify for the Trade 2 get 1 free @ Rhino. I might have to take part in this. $20 max for a Wii game is a pretty good deal

Linkage:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100697[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, for the most part, the list is outdated and you've got to rely on the last three or four pages for the current deals.

I've been doing this for at least two months now... I haven't paid more than $20 - $30 for any brand new 360 game. Where were you when I was praising Rhino for the last month or so ;)

Couldnt find an up to date list so i didnt wanna deal with the hassle. Guess i missed out on a few things.

I also have been neglecting the Gamerush thread, probably missing out on some good trade in gems. I've been out of store credit there for a while (hell, i havent even gone in the store since the night before Wii launch).

For any locals that are looking for the Wrestlemania Boxsets. Moviestop @ Citrus Park has all 3 sets (1990-1994, 1995-1999 & 2000-2004) for $34.99 used each. From my guess since they didnt do a B2G1F this week, next tuesday there should be one. The manager likes to pick random days, but it seems to happen every other tuesday (and only for that day only). Getting all 3 sets for $64 after 10% more/edge card is a pretty good deal. I went in today and was suprised to find all 3 seasons of Beast Wars: Transformers for $6.99 each (guess i got lucky since they had 2 of Season 1, one was $6.99 the other was $22.99 - same packaging and everything)

[quote name='Bezerker']Couldnt find an up to date list so i didnt wanna deal with the hassle. Guess i missed out on a few things.

I also have been neglecting the Gamerush thread, probably missing out on some good trade in gems. I've been out of store credit there for a while (hell, i havent even gone in the store since the night before Wii launch).

For any locals that are looking for the Wrestlemania Boxsets. Moviestop @ Citrus Park has all 3 sets (1990-1994, 1995-1999 & 2000-2004) for $34.99 used each. From my guess since they didnt do a B2G1F this week, next tuesday there should be one. The manager likes to pick random days, but it seems to happen every other tuesday (and only for that day only). Getting all 3 sets for $64 after 10% more/edge card is a pretty good deal. I went in today and was suprised to find all 3 seasons of Beast Wars: Transformers for $6.99 each (guess i got lucky since they had 2 of Season 1, one was $6.99 the other was $22.99 - same packaging and everything)[/QUOTE]

Not a bad deal on the Beast Wars... I assume you bought them?

And for Rhino, the up to date list is pretty much what Suko and I have added in the last few pages. I've got a whole list of games that are great for flipping from EB / GS to Rhino... if you're interested let me know.

There aren't any good GR trade-in games right now at all that i've seen.

Yea, i grabbed them. I forget what channel it aired on, but i remember always watching Beast Wars when i was younger (i know theyre showing on G4 now, but its rough sitting through the rest of that Action Blast crap).

If you could private message me with the list of Rhino qualifiers, i'd appreciate it. Im kinda lazy otherwise i'd compile one for myself.

hey all im in the tampa area was wondering where there is a rhino around here only one i knew of was in ocala, second roufuss gs/eb has a gcn component cable for 15 i believe used there not nintendo brand but for the money there not bad have a set on my ps2 does the job just fine

thanks all

[quote name='wrxguy05']hey all im in the tampa area was wondering where there is a rhino around here only one i knew of was in ocala, second roufuss gs/eb has a gcn component cable for 15 i believe used there not nintendo brand but for the money there not bad have a set on my ps2 does the job just fine

thanks all[/QUOTE]

If GS / EB had a GCN Component cable it would have to be Nintendo, since only Nintendo ever made a component cable.

I think I know what you're talking about, there is a universal one that says "Xbox PS2 GC Component Cable!" from Madcatz, however in small letters it reads "Gamecube is S-Video only"

I pretty much given up on them unless someone finds a pair for really cheap.

The Rhino is on Gunn Hwy in Citrus Park in Tampa.

Since I know very little about PSPs, I would appreciate you guy's input on this offer my friend gave me.

He is going in the Marines, & wants to sell his PSP really quick. He told me he'd sell it for $120 & that it comes with the original box & everything that came with it. Do these go for around that much usually? The only reason I really want it is for Sonic Rivals.

I think thats a pretty good price. Cheapest i can find them in stores is $159.99 used. Probably wont find a deal like $120 other than Craigslist. Assuming its in good condition, i'd say go for it.

bread's done
Back