Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='usfbchmguy']Do you know of any in Tampa at all? I live over in South Tampa and don't get to St. Pete much (unless there are some close to Gandy/275 area...)[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there are any in Tampa at all... St Pete / Largo / Clearwater usually has enough in the way of deals that I don't need to go into Tampa much.

If anyone is interested in the $16.96 Disgaea 2, I grabbed the last (and only) copy at Circuit City just now in Saint Pete, so they have nothing.

Here is the UPC if anyone wants to check any Tampa / Clearwater stores, it'll be easy to call them up and ask if they have it in stock with the UPC:

No Disgaea 2 in the new Dale Mabry CC, for anyone who was wondering... I don't like the new look of that CC, it's more confusing to find anything then the old store was.

I'm wondering who is the CAG who cleaned out the Dale Mabry EB (I guess it's a Gamestop now) of all the PS2 RPG's? I grabbed Tales of the Abyss, Rogue Galaxy, and Shining Force EXA, and the manager told me she was surprised to see Abyss still here, since it's really good and "some guy came in when the sale hit and cleaned us out of almost every good RPG... both Disgaea's, Nocturne, some other stuff!"

Just curious, cause you left some good RPG's behind ;)

[quote name='slickkill77']Have you tried any pawn shops...For some reason i think they might have one but other than that no[/QUOTE]

not yet but I will tomorrow. Hoping for a good price find at costco or the ymmy prices at some sam's clubs for anywhere bewteen $76 and $130.

[quote name='monkeyballer']HD DVD drive was less then $72.54 Saw a picture of the sams club ticket, and the item number 923965C[/quote]

Which Sam's Club?

Definately wasnt the Northdale Sams Club. Just got back from there, no markdowns, even on the Vision Camera pack (still $68.44)

idk if this has been discussed here yet, but the BB in Citrus Park will PM FEAR on Kmart.com. Got it for $8.01 today. They had one copy left

Greetings all. My 19 month old just scratched my new copy of Super Paper Mario to hell. Contacted Nintendo about their disc replacement scheme...they want $25 for the privilege! Ouch.

So, I thought the Citrus Park Moviestop had a disc repair machine, but no luck. Does anyone know of anyplace in the area I could get this thing repaired on the cheap? The scratches are fairly deep, so I don't know if one of those wipes at gamestop would even work...

Thanks in advance!

Hollywood video does resurfacing for $1. Not sure if they do it for games as well as dvds (essentially all current gen games are dvds anyways), but it'd be worth a shot.

Most of those repair kits are only good for surface scratches.

The HD DVD drive from sams club. I took them the print out of the picture, and the article that stated it to the South Tampa Sams Club. First they didnt want to honor it, then they did. Brand New, sams club, does not sell used.

Thanks for the tip, Bezerker! The Citrus Park Hollywood said they didn't have a way to charge me for it, so he just did it for free (the store was dead, so what else did he have to do?)

Bad news, the disc was scratched too badly to play. Worse news, the Wii is now locking up on me.:wall:

However, the light at the end of the tunnel is that Nintendo is going to repair the system AND replace the disc for free.

[quote name='Bezerker']Hollywood video does resurfacing for $1. Not sure if they do it for games as well as dvds (essentially all current gen games are dvds anyways), but it'd be worth a shot.

Most of those repair kits are only good for surface scratches.[/quote]

[quote name='Roufuss']Anyone had any luck finding a $20 Raiden 3 at Wal-Mart?[/QUOTE]

To answer my own question, they have a large stack of these, at least 7 more copies, at the Super Wal-Mart on US 19 past where the new Parkside Mall is, everyone should know which one I mean ;)

They are in the Playstation 2 case, right next to the PS3 demo unit. Just make sure your copy doesn't have a tear in the shrinkwrap, like mine, it's going to be a bitch trying to return this brand new one to EB for my $10 back.

But they are marked $19.82 and ring up $19.82, awesome deal!

[quote name='Roufuss']To answer my own question, they have a large stack of these, at least 7 more copies, at the Super Wal-Mart on US 19 past where the new Parkside Mall is, everyone should know which one I mean ;)

They are in the Playstation 2 case, right next to the PS3 demo unit. Just make sure your copy doesn't have a tear in the shrinkwrap, like mine, it's going to be a bitch trying to return this brand new one to EB for my $10 back.

But they are marked $19.82 and ring up $19.82, awesome deal![/quote]

Thanks! :D

Unrelated to Raiden III, I have a general question for everyone here. Have any of you tried using printed coupons at local Best Buys, and if so, how did it work out? I've never tried before, but I was thinking about using one of the GamePro coupons. I just don't want to go through all of the trouble if it's known to be futile at local stores.

[quote name='elmyra']Thanks! :D

Unrelated to Raiden III, I have a general question for everyone here. Have any of you tried using printed coupons at local Best Buys, and if so, how did it work out? I've never tried before, but I was thinking about using one of the GamePro coupons. I just don't want to go through all of the trouble if it's known to be futile at local stores.[/QUOTE]

I've never really had a problem with Best Buy with the printed coupons, only once and it was a long time ago and the manager has since been fired.

Generally, it works ok, but it's pretty YMMV on the cashier, but any of the cashiers who have been there for awhile know how the coupons work. So if you see a cashier that looks familiar, chances are they know what to do with the coupon.

There is one tall cashier, a dude, short blond hair, skinny looks like a surfer kind of, at our local BB, and he has never given me shit about coupons, GGC's, anything.

[quote name='Roufuss']I've never really had a problem with Best Buy with the printed coupons, only once and it was a long time ago and the manager has since been fired.

Generally, it works ok, but it's pretty YMMV on the cashier, but any of the cashiers who have been there for awhile know how the coupons work. So if you see a cashier that looks familiar, chances are they know what to do with the coupon.

There is one tall cashier, a dude, short blond hair, skinny looks like a surfer kind of, at our local BB, and he has never given me shit about coupons, GGC's, anything.[/quote]

Thanks, I guess I'll give it a try then. :)

Welcome to the thread! I live in the immediate Tampa area, so idk about those areas.

The Cash America Pawn on Armenia has all games 40% off. Is this all of them or just the one? I managed to get Silent Hill 3 (complete) for $6.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I am now a fellow Tampa Bay CAG! Any good deals around the Spring Hill, New Port Richey, Hudson area?[/QUOTE]

I used to be down there often when I dated my ex.

Basacially, congrats, nobody hits up those stores at all that I know of so finding all the good deals should be super easy for you!

I always scored big at all the BB / CC / TRU clearances because nobody goes as far up as New Port Richey.

[quote name='elmyra']Thanks, I guess I'll give it a try then. :)[/QUOTE]

So, did it work?

I just used a $5 off all guides coupon on Rogue Galaxy no problem :D

got Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XB, no manual) & Marvel Ult. Alliance (360) today at the pawn shop right down the street from me on Sligh & Armenia. MvC was $8 & has minor scratches. In the case I saw marvel with no price. I asked the woman how much & she said 40. Then, i noticed another one with a $30 price tag & said I'll take that one. CML if you want MvC2 anyone.

[quote name='Roufuss']So, did it work?

I just used a $5 off all guides coupon on Rogue Galaxy no problem :D[/quote]
I never got around to trying it. I did finally go to the Wal-Mart Supercenter on US19 last night for Raiden III, though. They still had 6 copies, just like you said. Thanks again for that one - I usually don't even bother checking out Wal-Mart deals.

[quote name='elmyra']I never got around to trying it. I did finally go to the Wal-Mart Supercenter on US19 last night for Raiden III, though. They still had 6 copies, just like you said. Thanks again for that one - I usually don't even bother checking out Wal-Mart deals.[/QUOTE]

Yea, me either, but my girlfriend and I just happened to stop at that one to pick up some things and I said "Hey, let's check out that deal, I doubt they have it though" and lo and behold, there it was.

Took the $20 Raiden 3 and returned it to EB, where I originally paid $30 with credit :lol:

Moviestop is having a b2g1 free on everything used for a few weeks (5/25 - 6/10) - here is all the locations near us!

Brandon - Causeway Shoppes 10955 Causeway Blvd Brandon FL 33511 (813) 657-9166
Largo - Largo Mall 10500 Ulmerton Rd Largo FL 33771 (727) 585-2328
Tampa - Citrus Park 8506 Citrus Park Drive Tampa FL 33625 (813) 792-0795
Pinellas - Pinellas Mall 7074 US Hwy 19 North Pinellas Park FL 33781 (727) 526-8106

I know finding the #'s for these stores is hard, so here they are.

Good deal on Segasonic on MvC2. Marvel Ultimate alliance has been $20-$30 around town, so tempted to buy it but waiting for the Gold edition.

the Sam's Club in Brandon has the Resivior Dogs game/movie pack for $3.29. there's still one left if anyones interested. Also saw for Madden & Sonic for PS3 for $25 & NBA 07 for $35.

There is one tall cashier, a dude, short blond hair, skinny looks like a surfer kind of, at our local BB, and he has never given me shit about coupons, GGC's, anything.

Thanks Roufuss!!
This is the type of detail we need!!!!

[quote name='spiderdog']Thanks Roufuss!!
This is the type of detail we need!!!![/QUOTE]

:rofl:

No problem - any cashier at that BB should be no problem, really.

If anyone finds a copy of Dawn of War: Dark Crusade clearanced at a Target, please let me know :( I just checked every Target in Saint Pete, two Target's didn't even have it and the one in Parkside Mall is still charging full price for it, when it *should* be on clearance.

It figures, the one clearance game I really want, I can't even find.

[quote name='Segasonic01']it was ninjaridebikes. He hasn't posted in this thread yet. He traded me Silent Hill for Grandia 2[/quote]

Huh. It'll be interesting to see how he does with it...trading through CL is something I never considered.

[quote name='elmyra']So, who posted their trade list on the Tampa Bay Craigslist?[/QUOTE]

Not me, all my stuff is on Ebay ;)

Ha, I see the post now, good stuff.

I never saw the appeal to trading rare games, when you could just sell Valkyrie Profile and grab 3 or 4 of the games on the list.

Someone really blew the $19.99 / $9.99 after coupon Fox DVD sale at the Saint Pete Best Buy.

Long story short, they have signs up saying they won't honor any coupons or anything else on the $19.99 DVD's that will make them below $19.99.

In addition, they have some bullshit up about how The Shield isn't part of the sale :roll:

My gf got lucky and convinced the cashier to not only ring out The Shield (it rings up fine at $19.99) but use the coupon - other people might not be as lucky, and might want to hit a different a Best Buy.

I'm thinking someone must have either bought a *ton* of DVD's, or raised a ruckus about the coupon, because this seems to be the only Best Buy to catch on to the point where they have signage of it up at the store. So just a heads up, in case anyone wants to get in on the sale, probably have better luck in Tampa or Clearwater, and hope the BB here didn't call the other stores to give them a heads up.

For now the Clearwater Best Buy is honoring the coupons.... just got back from picking up Prison Break for 9.99 though the cashier wouldnt let me use the coupon on more than one set.

Also.... the Sears at Countryside mall has original XBOX live 12 month packs for $24 (believe there were 3-4 of them left there as of last night) ... not really cheap but at least better than full price.

what is the best place in the tampa, s tpa, brandon, carrollwood area to unload used DVD's? i have about 20+ i want to get rid of b/c i am moving soon and dn't have time to ebay/half.com them. Any suggestions??

[quote name='usfbchmguy']what is the best place in the tampa, s tpa, brandon, carrollwood area to unload used DVD's? i have about 20+ i want to get rid of b/c i am moving soon and dn't have time to ebay/half.com them. Any suggestions??[/QUOTE]

Moviestop, especially if you want to put them towards a new release (Trade 4, get any new release for free or $20 credit towards a box set).

They usually give $2 - $3 credit per DVD, too, if you're just trading them in regularly... I think they give cash too but it's like 20% less for cash.

You can try a pawn shop but you'd probably be lucky to get $1 per DVD.

I have dumped at least 100 DVD's at Moviestop every week for new releases, so it worked out nicely for me. Just did my last 4 the other day to put $20 towards Psych Season 1.

Cant believe that at one of the worst Salvation Armys in town that I found cart only Kirby 64, Mega Man V and Super Mario RPG. Amazing what youll find when you least expect it.

On another note, has anyone seen Castlevania 64 in a pawn shop at all lately? Its the last Castlevania (non port, non arcade) that I need to complete the US release Castelvania collection. I already have Legacy of Darkness, however, from what I understand Castlevania 64 is actually a very slightly different game set 7 years later from LOD so I would technically need that to finish the collection. I will take a pic of them all after i acquire Castlevania 64.

[quote name='usfbchmguy']what is the best place in the tampa, s tpa, brandon, carrollwood area to unload used DVD's? i have about 20+ i want to get rid of b/c i am moving soon and dn't have time to ebay/half.com them. Any suggestions??[/quote]
Depending on the DVDs, FYE. Secondspin.com has the price checker that FYE uses for dvds/games. Add either 20% onto that for cash price, or 45% for store-credit.

*EDIT*

I can confirm that FYE in Citrus Park is offering 50% bonus to trade in values if you choose store credit.

Blockbuster has a Buy1Get1Free deal on preowned games less than $14.99 (don't ask why the limitation).

I just got back from the blockbuster in South Tampa (Dale Mabry and Henderson) and found a lot of games (nothing of interest to me though) Just some of the stuff I can remember...

PS2:
Xenosaga 2 ($14.99)
Tomb Raider Legend ($14.99)
alot of stuff actually...

GCN:
F-zero (9.99)
Enter the matrix (9.99)
Nick toons crap ($14.99)
Spongebob ($14.99)
Tak 2 ($14.99)
Charlie's Angels (4.99)
Xmen the movie (9.99)
Mickey (9.99)
Super Monkey ball Adventure ($14.99)
some others I cant remember
TMNT ($14.99)
True Crime: Streets of LA ($9.99)

PSP:
Ghosts and Goblins ($14.99)
Godfather Mob Wars ($14.99)
a couple of others

XBOX:
godfather ($14.99)
and alot more I cant remember

Sorry my memory fails me... but this deal might be worth checking out at alot of bay area blockbusters. I'll keep you all posted.

Did the US19 Pawn Shop/Thrift store run today. Got some things, mostly at Thrift stores.
Complete D - 3DO - $5
Complete Super Wing Commander - 3DO - $3
Thousand Arms "Complete" (missing 3-D card and Memory Card Stickers) - PSOne - $10 (came close not to buying it since I already have a copy with the extras)
Botkai 1 Cart only - GBA - $6.50 (bought this before the other deals because I was getting desperate)
***Deal of the Day***
For $10 total, bag of cart only N64 games and AV Cble
-California Speed
-Excitebike 64
-Cruisin' USA
-Cruisin' the World
-Goldeneye 007
-Hydro Thunder
-Super Smash Brothers
-Super Mario Kart 64
-Mission Impossible

Overall, alright day, turned down a few deals that in hindsight I should of done.

wow, nice finds, esp with the N64 games! Excitebike 64 is alone worth over $10! where'd you pull those games in?

bread's done
Back