Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='vinster29']Hey guys,

I am looking for an 80GB PS3 and I was wondering if anyone has had a PS3 sighting at any of the local Tampa Bay Area Circuit City's. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. thanks.[/quote]

I saw a 80GB PS3 at the St. Pete store in the Tyrone area last weekend. You may want to call first to see if It's still there. It was in the glass case at the end of the video game isle.

Update: Went today and the PS3 was gone. It was 30% video games, 30% DVDS ,TVS 20% off, Computers 10%. They still have a lot of games left so I'm going to hold out longer before I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know a good electronic repair store in the USF/New Tampa area? I was upgrading my mother's Tivo for her and I think one of the cables came loose during transport causing an inductor to burn up. From everything I have read it is a simple fix with a quick solder but I have never soldered in my life nor do I have the steady hands I probably need to apply the fix.

What are the odds anyone hear has heard of Peelander-Z?
They'll be in Ybor City on April 26th. I saw them twice in Boston last year. They're awesome. I'll be there and hope maybe someone from CAG.

Thought I'd bump this up for us Bay area CAG's. Would anybody be interested in a meet/BBQ at say a certain CAG's house? ( I have a weekend BBQ almost every weekend with a few car buddies I met online)

wOOt, here's to 3 years!

6 moves and 3 states later, feels like a lot longer than 3 years, but here's to you Tampa cags, stealin the good deals for when I visit home.

I see this thread has died down but just a heads up the best buy on dale mabry an 275 is having a spring sale clearing alot of their stuff out. They have alot of games marked 50 percent off an lots of copies of rock revolution for 10 which makes for a good flip at blockbuster who give u 20.

Notables which I also picked up are saints row collectors for 25. Dark sector for 7. Wrestlemania for 15. Mercs 2 for 15 an alot of other good pickups i've jus been up to date so had all the other good games

Has anyone ever had much luck with clearance items @ Citrus Park Sears? I just tried around 10 different games, and all of them came up at the MSRP price. When I think back, I don't know if I have ever gotten a game to pop up @ clearance price over there.

Anybody have better luck than I have?

[quote name='donniedroc']Has anyone ever had much luck with clearance items @ Citrus Park Sears? I just tried around 10 different games, and all of them came up at the MSRP price. When I think back, I don't know if I have ever gotten a game to pop up @ clearance price over there.

Anybody have better luck than I have?[/quote]

Me & Sonic have had plenty of luck. If you're looking in the bin of games in the very back by the tv's, the only ones that will be clearance priced are the ones ending in .97 .

[quote name='Bezerker']Me & Sonic have had plenty of luck. If you're looking in the bin of games in the very back by the tv's, the only ones that will be clearance priced are the ones ending in .97 .[/quote]

No we havent had any luck. That Sears never has any clearance games. Stay far away from Citrus Park, it sucks.

Its that time so I need to hype it again

Tampa Con, July 12th

http://www.comicbookconventions.com/tampaconvention/index.htm

Def worth the $5 and if anyone is a X-Men fan then its a must go as (and I don't know how a small show like this did it) Chris Claremont will be there! For those who don't know who he is, he basically is responsible for everything X-Men related from the mid 70s to the early 90s. Wolverine's origins, creator of Shadowcat, Sinister, Pheonix, Alpha Flight, Excalibur, Inner Circle etc. If you ever watched the early 90s X-Men cartoon, then your familar with his writing as just about every story was adapted from his work. I've met him once and he definitely likes to talk to the fans about his ideas and how he thought of storylines, characters, etc.

Perfect opportunity for anyone who hasn't been to go to the Con.

[quote name='lyric706']I'm all for this. I'm in St. Pete but work in Bradenton, so I can contribute Bradenton/Sarasota info as well.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I go to college in St. Pete. and live in Bradenton :). For bradenton, there probably won't be much to contribute, lol.

blockbuster on bears and florida got the POG packs. highlight include God of War 2 for $3 and GTA 4, timeshift, mass effect, turok, and bioshock for $7. about 100 ps2 games 50 xbox which go for 2 and 50 360 which go for 7. dont matter what game all the same price.

[quote name='soccerboy09']blockbuster on bears and florida got the POG packs. highlight include God of War 2 for $3 and GTA 4, timeshift, mass effect, turok, and bioshock for $7. about 100 ps2 games 50 xbox which go for 2 and 50 360 which go for 7. dont matter what game all the same price.[/QUOTE]

What is POG? Also are these new or used? Good prices either way, just curious.

POG=Pre owned game.(basically what they use to rent but now have no use for so they ship them to stores to make any profit possible) they are used and come in a generic clear case. To tell u the truth i was extremely suprised by the condition. I bought about 4 for my self and about 5 to flip and all were in near perfect condition if not perfect. Definately worth it if you not a collector and jus want good games.

Hey Tampa gamers...just wanted to let you all know that the Value Pawn on Waters Ave (8120 W Waters Ave, Tampa, FL) has :360: Guitar Hero World Tour for $7.99...I probably should have picked it up (was in there selling an old car stereo), and probably won't make it back. Good luck to whomever snags it!

Thanks donnie. Picked it up along with final fantasy 12 collectors for 5. Idk who those their pricing but it's outrageous. Crappy old games for like 40 and a killzone 2 sitting their for 25 someone should go pick it up. I have it so passed on it

That pawn used to have great prices until he realized one of the flea market dealers was buying all his good stuff & reselling it (i.e. MvC2 for PS2 was bought for $20, re-sold for $100)

So, picked up a :360: Shadowrun at Westshore Sears for $1.97. Left another copy there. They also had the :ps3: bundle of Guitar Hero Aerosmith for $7.97. I'm not a PS3 guy, so I left it.

That said, if anyone sees the :360: Guitar Hero Aerosmith at a Sears (Westshore & Citrus Park don't have them), please let me know!

Didnt see them at University Only saw world tour bundles and PS2 Guitar hero 3's for $15 (clearance sign I didnt scan). I had seen a copy of shadowrun but went back the next day and it was gone. Didnt know it $2. scanned like 10 games except for that one. They did have Eye of judgement bundle for 30. I picked it up for the camera but the game is actually good.

[quote name='soccerboy09']Didnt see them at University Only saw world tour bundles and PS2 Guitar hero 3's for $15 (clearance sign I didnt scan). I had seen a copy of shadowrun but went back the next day and it was gone. Didnt know it $2. scanned like 10 games except for that one. They did have Eye of judgement bundle for 30. I picked it up for the camera but the game is actually good.[/QUOTE]

Both Citrus Park and Westshore had the eye of judgment for $30, if anyone else is looking for it.

Next time Im their ill ask them to chech the back. Have you tried this at citrus or westshore. They moved alot of their older guitar hero stuff to storage when all the world tour bundles came out.

Just PMed you. Thanks![quote name='Bezerker']Ive got an extra GH:A for 360 Donnie. I'm not gonna be in the area tomorrow, but send me a pm and im sure we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where I can take used PC games for store credit? I really don't want to wait to be 'matched' on Goozex, but just want them off my shelf. Just got off the phone with Play N Trade and they aren't taking them yet. Gamestop stopped some time ago.

I found a MK vs DC that was marked at 41$ but scanned for 15$. It was the only one left.

Did anyone ever find Left 4 Dead around here? I couldn't find any.

I hate that our targets are always behing in dropping the games to the sweet 14.98 price. I swear Afro, prince, wheelman, and rock band all sat at 30 for a month maybe longer. Hoping to get L4D but probably wont even though I check the three targets once a week.

I feel ya soccer. I thought I was crazy for thinking it always seems the local targets have the $14.xx clearance games last (if at all). I did happen to get a copy of Afro at this price, but the other games that interest me never seem to make it below $20, if they aren't gone by then. I only check two local targets (Bloomingdale Ave and Brandon mall), but I usually have the wife or myself check once a week and never seem to see the fucking games make it to the low price! I guess thats the price of being a CAG in the area.

does anyone knows where in Tampa or Wesley Chapel area can find the cheapest place to get 20 gb HDD for the 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up for those that are interested. The Best Buy in Oldsmar is running the yellow tag B1G1 sale. The promotion is:

Buy 1 $19.99 or greater game and get a $19.99 or less game for free

Buy 1 $14.99 or less game and get another $14.99 or less game for $4.99

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna check the one on SR 60 to see if they've got anything worth noting on clearance. Kmart in Brandon has the intercoolers for 360 for $5 and a Logitech headset for PS3 at $32. Not sure how much of a deal that is, as I dont have a PS3. No more GH bundles at that Kmart though.

has anybody tried to find the RB2 drum sets at walmart? I can't find one, and really need it. If anybody spots one, please get it for me, I'll give you an extra $10 for your effort. Thanks in advance

[quote name='machtdh']has anybody tried to find the RB2 drum sets at walmart? I can't find one, and really need it. If anybody spots one, please get it for me, I'll give you an extra $10 for your effort. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
What system?

bread's done
Back