Tampa Bay Area CAGs...

leadfootedfool

CAGiversary!
How about a thread for those in the Tampa Bay area. Should save looking through massive amounts of threads when you want to pick up a quick game in the Tampa Bay area.

Deals I've found

Polarium 7.48 (10 or so copies left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and 275

Meteos 7.48 (piles, more than 15 left) at the Target at Dale Mabry and Ehrlich/Bearss

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Welcome. I'm in Valrico, myself.[/QUOTE]

Cool, it looks like there are plenty of cheap ass valrico people. Since I know I will post any deals I find.

Tampa is the center for the Florida CAG's. lol.

I'm representing the Plant City area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blockbuster Video off of 4th St. and 93 Ave. in St. Petersburg (just south of Gandy Blvd.) has 3 Beatles: RB Special Value Edition Bundles for $89.99. I'm pretty sure they were the Xbox edition.

[quote name='Bezerker']The Target on Dale Mabry near 275 has a whole bunch of Hotel Dusk DS's for $5 each. Everything else seemed overpriced.[/QUOTE]

oh nice! ... I hope to find time to get over there. thanks!

Stopped by the Best Buy in Brandon on Adamo near I-75 and they had Bioshock 2 Limited Edition for PC listed "As Advertised" @ $34.99. I thought it was really low. I didn't bother checking with a rep since I already bought the PC version for that price on Steam (granted it wasn't LE). But I dunno, the sticker was legit on the shelf so if anyone's interested in it (it's huge and heavy) then go try.

0215001253.jpg

Video Games are officially gone from the Citrus Park FYE. Westshore last week was at 50% off PS2 and 25% off everything else. I'd imagine they probably have a month or so left.

Just checked the Largo Target, some stuff worth noting:

:pc: Ghostbusters - $4.98 (couple of copies)
:pc: Batman Arkham Asylum - $12.48 (couple of copies)
:360: Guitar Smash Hits - $9.98 (couple of copies)
:360: Fight Night Round 4 - $9.98 (one copy)
:360: Chaotic (whatever) - $7.48 (two copies)
:360: Lego Rock Band - $12.48 (one copy)
:ps3: Queen Singstar - $9.98 (two copies)

Walmart on Dale Mabry and I-275 has 2000 Wii Points cards for $15. They are the bundles with the classic controller gloves (only pink ones left). saving $5 it's not too bad right ;)

so i decided to wander into this thread (being in the tampa bay area aswell and it just amazes me how close some of you guys really are ._.
im within walking distance to that Super Target in oldsmar next to Michaels and BestBuy

welcome to our forum Kolma! I live just right up Montague past Waters, so yeah we are really close. LOL! If you see a deal make sure you share it with the rest of your Bay area CAGs.

I'm off of Countryway, lol.

New PNT just opened up in Palm Harbor. Its on E. Bay drive just off of Tampa Rd, which really strange since its only like 3 miles from the one in Oldsmar.

[quote name='bezerker']new pnt just opened up in palm harbor. Its on e. Bay drive just off of tampa rd, which really strange since its only like 3 miles from the one in oldsmar.[/quote]

What's a PNT?

[quote name='Bezerker']I'm off of Countryway, lol.

New PNT just opened up in Palm Harbor. Its on E. Bay drive just off of Tampa Rd, which really strange since its only like 3 miles from the one in Oldsmar.[/QUOTE]

I played one of my first rounds of golf at Countryway. Buddy of mine lived in Oldsmar at the time and we always went to that small course to play. I am way up in Wesley Chapel now.

Anyways, I saw about 5 Heavenly Swords for $20 at the Walmart on MLK for those that may be interested. It was a decent enough game for $20

FYI, for the people close to the BB in Oldsmar, they have the Xbox Vision camera on clearance for $11.99, I dont even know what to do with mine, but a deal is a deal ;)

Sears in Clearwater has You're in the Movies w/ the vision camera for $9.97, may be $4.97 or lower in a couple weeks.

The stores in Citrus Park & Westshore have them as well, but they're $19.99. What you can do is buy them for $20 there, then return & re-buy for $9.97 @ Clearwater.

[quote name='Bezerker']Sears in Clearwater has You're in the Movies w/ the vision camera for $9.97, may be $4.97 or lower in a couple weeks.

The stores in Citrus Park & Westshore have them as well, but they're $19.99. What you can do is buy them for $20 there, then return & re-buy for $9.97 @ Clearwater.[/QUOTE]

...i should have waited to buy that dang You're in the Movies w/ camera..got mine for 14.97 walmart one day. ...played it once. erg ...ah well.

...haven't seen any game deals in my area lately to report. lately been hitting all the online deals on amazon....

Whoever picked up all 6-8 copies of Muramasa demon blade at Citrus Park Sears, is there any chance you could spare one of them for a fellow CAG?

When did they have 6-8 copies? Last time i went there (three weeks ago) they had 1.

I'm currently in Orlando hoarding all their goods. Sad thing is they have tons of stuff that used to be $1.97 but is now out of system (Singstar PS2 bundles, Monster Hunter PSP, Table Tennis, etc)

I'm headed back in the morning. I had planned on hitting all the tampa Sears, but a day of kicking back and catching up on Heavy Rain sounds pretty good (havent played any console games since Weds).

if anybody wants to know how to get free stuff im about to tell you. if you dont believe me here is my number to prove that this is real. 501-802-1429. text me anytime. all you have to do is go to this "points2shop.com/?ref=jhizzy96" without quotations. after you go to it sign up and dont forget to verify ur email adress. then just do some FREE offers which give u points and u trade ur points for prizes. and ur done. u can also play games to get points but i recommend doing FREE offers. it is all 100% free. if you dont believe me either text me or try it. it works

I have heard on the Radio about this event coming to the Fairgrounds this weekend, It's like an electronics fair and supposedly there will be good deals on video games. If anybody is planning to go friday, please post a response to see if it is worth for me/anybody to drive there. Thanks!

[quote name='machtdh']I have heard on the Radio about this event coming to the Fairgrounds this weekend, It's like an electronics fair and supposedly there will be good deals on video games. If anybody is planning to go friday, please post a response to see if it is worth for me/anybody to drive there. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Does it run thru Sunday? Ill meet u there if u wanna go Sunday. I work Friday & Saturday :cry:

[quote name='Segasonic01']Does it run thru Sunday? Ill meet u there if u wanna go Sunday. I work Friday & Saturday :cry:[/QUOTE]

I wanted to go today, but the rain basically put me out. We gotta organize another CAG meetup soon! Invitation is open for everyone in this thread!

Does Spring Hill count? I've been down here for a year and a half and haven't found as many deal as I have in Mass. The non-mall Sears by me doesn't have any games. I did discover my first Blockbuster scores though. I seem to have good luck at Target.

So yeah. That's my story.

Also just throwing this out there,
http://www.myspace.com/peelanderz
The Orpheum on Wednesday night. Do it up.
The Paddywagon in Sarasota on Thursday. Do it up also.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Does Spring Hill count? I've been down here for a year and a half and haven't found as many deal as I have in Mass. The non-mall Sears by me doesn't have any games. I did discover my first Blockbuster scores though. I seem to have good luck at Target.

So yeah. That's my story.

Also just throwing this out there,
http://www.myspace.com/peelanderz
The Orpheum on Wednesday night. Do it up.
The Paddywagon in Sarasota on Thursday. Do it up also.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Spring Hill as well! :D

Hey Tampa CAGers. I have decided that I am sick of looking at the pile of strategy guides for games I will never own and no one has really traded them. I tried to sell them at the Westchase garage sale, but only sold 2.

Anyone who wants them, PM me and we can connect. I am just asking that you go ahead and take all of them. Not interested in managing people just setting up meets for 1 or 2.

Here is my trade list, which is fairly current.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6428074#post6428074

I am up by the Citrus Park mall. If you want to throw me a guide or two that I ask for on the trade forum, great. If you want to throw me the $0.01 on each book, that's cool too.

Let me know, peeps, let me know.

Band Hero Band Bundle for PS3

Normally: $179.99 (or there about)
Clearance: $44.78

Target on Park Street near Tyrone Blvd in St. Petersburg. One bundle left under TVs as of today.

Anyone who was planning on going around looking for penny guides at Best Buy, dont bother. I checked CP, Dale Mabry & Oldsmar today and all were pulled by the employees (they confirmed to having stacks of guides in the back).

I did find a WoW Lich King Guide hidden in the PC section, but its definitely not what I was looking for.

Has anyone tried the Clearwater BB on 19 yet for the guides? I have had great luck there in the past, but it is a bit of a drive for me right now.

Anyone who happens to get over there, if they have the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon guide, I would greatly appreciate it if you pick one up for my son.

I checked the BB in Brandon yesterday before 10:30, and they were already pulled as well. All I wanted was a damn Scribblenauts guide, but luckily I have a pending trade for one. I have a buddy checking a few of the other various Tampa BBs right now, so I'll update this post as soon as I hear from him.

Hi guys. Zephyrhills poster here. :D Just wanted to chime in and say that game pickings in Zephyrhills/Dade City are terrible at best. Wish we'd get some loving.

It might have some hidden jewels, but the last positive experience I had in there was years ago. Things were bad when it was a Rhino Games, but it got worse when GameStop took over.

They only have a small portion of their stuff out in the store. I've noticed that they show up online for some things, so I'll make a trip to look for 4-5 items and can't find anything and the people at the desk aren't helpful.

That's probably why it's always got things in stock. No one dares to go in there and deal with the idiots from hell.

I thought it was about time to start contributing to fellow Tampa CAGs. i'm in the Citrus Park area. I'll start posting some finds of stuff that hasn't been posted when I do my runs. I hit plenty of stores throughout the month, far and wide, from stores on Dale Mabry to Oldsmar and even up to stores in Pasco. And I occasionally visit Brandon and St Pete. So finds that I don't pick up will be posted for sure.
Nice to see fellow CAGs.

Anyone have any luck with Blockbuster these days? I know some are supposed to have POGs in clear cases right now, but so far, I haven't found any in the area with anything of value.

The newest thing I found was Mass Effect 2 but they only had the 2nd disc, making it worthless.

I wouldn't bother with 56th & Busch, the last time they got prepacks they just printed out paper covers and re-labeled them so they could charge full price. I still havent checked South Dale Mabry, Gandy, or Howard. Every other store has been pretty much picked clean.

I've been by all the St. Pete and Clearwater locations — pretty disappointing overall. Picked up a Bigs 2 and Midnight Club LA (both for $6.99) and traded them using the $40 bonus promotion for Crackdown 2. There are a few copies of Gears 2 and Fallout 3 for $9.99 at the BB on north Fourth Street in St. Pete. Passed on those.

[quote name='wrencrest']Bezerker, do you go into the Brandon area as well? Seems like you cover a wide area.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I try to go to Brandon at least once a month and ill hit up the mall, BBV's and various pawn shops/goodwill. I havent been since May, so I plan on going on Sunday since its a new month of Sears drops.

Best Buy in Oldsmar is starting to do some of their clearances again, but they're going down extremely slow.

They have various games for all systems at $12, $8 & $4, though the $4 games were crappy ones like Imagine Party Babyz for the Wii. The old price-drop date used to be Thursday, so I guess I'll check again later this week to see if anything else drops.

Brandon was actually quite good for deals yesterday. I picked up Modern Warfare 2, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Dirt 2, and GH Metallica for $7 each at Blockbuster. I also cleared out the last 3 penny guides Best Buy had (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Mario & Luigi, and Army of Two 2)

Yeah i checked out the Oldsmar BB clearance titles today. Nothing spectacular but did manage to get a copy of Mini Ninjas PS3 for $11. I have been wanting this game for quite some time so I thought it was a good deal.

PS3 section also had..
Cabela 09 - $8
Overlord 2 -$8
Damnation $10
and a few others that weren't too special.

bread's done
Back