Tangled Coupon

[quote name='Thedrknss48']As expected, the link from the Target website goes to the DMR $5 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Now we just get to wait and see if the people that preordered at Amazon when they had the 8 off coupon will get the 4 disc version price matched to Targets 24.99 price.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']Where is the 8 coup? All I can find is the 5 coup.[/QUOTE]

It was an Amazon coupon a few months ago and has long been pulled.

Target recently mailed out a Spring/ Easter flyer with some coupons. One coupon is good for $5 off a Disney Blu Ray which should stack with the printable $5 Disney coupon. Off to check the recycling bin.

Saw it at www.hookedonbargains.com/

Amazon PM Targer $24.99. Glad I kept my preorder with the $8 coupon.

My order has shipped and wasn't adjusted to $24.99 so now I'm waiting for a refund. :)

If it's already shipped, you won't get a price adjustment as you've already been billed. Come Tuesday or Wednesday, you will get an email from Amazon giving you a $5 refund.

Man, after the last few times Amazon was getting crushed by the ability to use the coupons in store, so I passed on the Tangled deal. Ah well.

For what it is worth, I thought the Target coupon would be a Target branded one because of the fact that Target sent a snail mail spring advert that included coupons as an insert. One of the coupons is a 5$ off any movie/BRD coupon.

I will try to use both the Target $5 off any Disney Blu-Ray $24.99 and up coupon and $5 off DMR coupon for Tangled 4 disc. The $5 off Target coupon is from the Spring mailer. It is clearly labeled as "Target Coupon." If it works, the 4 disc Tangled will be $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all!

I had to call Amazon to get the pre-order price guarantee applied before it showed as being in the shipping process. When the CSR applied the $5.00 difference, their system removed the FSSS. After she got approval to take it back off, she had to take it off the movie price, as she couldn't remove the shipping charge. Once my order updated, I see that she took $3.98 off, instead of the $2.98 FSSS amount. So, a net of $15.99. Not bad...

I got Amazon to refund me my $5. They said it was a one-time thing. So, I got mine for release date delivery for $24.99 - $8 coupon when they offered it. Yeah.

[quote name='doubledown']I got Amazon to refund me my $5. They said it was a one-time thing. So, I got mine for release date delivery for $24.99 - $8 coupon when they offered it. Yeah.[/QUOTE]It's not a one-time thing. You should have received the $24.99 price because it dropped before the release date tomorrow.

If they said it was a one-time thing, they're wrong, and you can quote them the pre-order price guarantee to them to prove otherwise.

[quote name='doubledown']I got Amazon to refund me my $5. They said it was a one-time thing. So, I got mine for release date delivery for $24.99 - $8 coupon when they offered it. Yeah.[/QUOTE]

Same exact thing happened to me. I guess I spend over $1000 every year on amazon from textbooks, blu rays, games, electronics, etc. I've been a loyal customer for about 6 years so I guess a $5 refund isn't asking for too much. :)

I have over $400 worth of stuff preordered right now (portal 2, star wars blu ray set, lotr extended blu ray set, and more), so I guess it's not asking for too much when I simply ask them to follow their pre-order price guarantee.:D

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not a one-time thing. You should have received the $24.99 price because it dropped before the release date tomorrow.

If they said it was a one-time thing, they're wrong, and you can quote them the pre-order price guarantee to them to prove otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm just thankful they're giving me $5 credit, but the content of the email still pissed me off a little bit. They think that I'll be more satisfied if they tell me they're doing me this huge favor by giving me a one time price reduction? Maybe they just say that because they don't want me going onto bluray forums and tell everybody to ask for a refund because I got a refund.:D

Like I said, I'm just happy to get the $5 credit. I'm excited to see this film because it got such great reviews. I'm also a big fan of the TV show Chuck, so it's cool to see Zachary Levi in something else.:bouncy:

[quote name='JPBoston']To those with a problem with the 3D/2D disc differences...

My understanding of 3D is this. You must keep as much of the picture IN FOCUS as possible, to create sharp images that the 3D can work with.

Now, with traditional 2D filmmaking, having your backgrounds be soft and out of focus is a style. It has to do with depth-of-field. Animated films have been trying to recreate this, especially over the last 10 yrs. They even hire film DP's to advise on such things (like Roger Deakins did for Wall-E).

What's fairly obvious with this animation, is that to create a better 3D experience, they sharpened all the backgrounds that were originally softened for the 2D release. For 2D, they simply wanted the best image possible... for 3D, they had to create the sharper backgrounds to help the 3D 'pop'.

Short version... the 2D version on the 3D disc is the gimped version. If you're watching in 2D, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the director's intent is for those backgrounds to be soft and out of focus.... not sharp and overly detailed.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth.

I'm definitely pickling this up tomorrow. Even with only $5 off I think $20 is OK for a nice set like this for a move I already know my kids love.

So I can watch the 3d version on a 2d TV and possibly have a better picture? I wonder if thats the case for Christmas Carol as well...

[quote name='Snake2715']So I can watch the 3d version on a 2d TV and possibly have a better picture? I wonder if thats the case for Christmas Carol as well...[/QUOTE]

I think at the minimum you'll need a 3D player (set to 2D playback) and possibly a 3D TV (also set to display 2D). However, the 3D version played back in 2D is not a "better" picture than the real 2D version(see a few posts above for why that is).

[quote name='RySenkari']Zach Levi is magnificent in this movie. You will never think of him the same way again.[/QUOTE]

Chuck is great, haven't seen Tangled yet. Zach was in Alvin and the Chipmonks 2 >.>

Also play Mass Effect 2 after watching Yvonne Strahovski on Chuck for so many years

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not a one-time thing. You should have received the $24.99 price because it dropped before the release date tomorrow.

If they said it was a one-time thing, they're wrong, and you can quote them the pre-order price guarantee to them to prove otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Well, according to Vikas K at Amazon CS, this is what they said:
"Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Tangled (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy)". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I've made an exception for you and issued refund for the price difference in the amount of $5. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days."

Although, they responded within 15 minutes of me sending the request....super fast.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, according to Vikas K at Amazon CS, this is what they said:
"Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Tangled (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy)". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I've made an exception for you and issued refund for the price difference in the amount of $5. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days."

Although, they responded within 15 minutes of me sending the request....super fast.[/QUOTE]He's a complete idiot.

Here's a link to the T&C for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/AWT354OR7BM1U

Specifically:
[quote name='Amazon P-O PG T&C']If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.[/quote]

It's supposed to be automatic, though sometimes the refunds don't go through, nor the automatic price drops that are supposed to happen to your order 24-48 hours after the price drops on the item on the site.

I had my email get replied that the refund should automatically get done after tomorrow, and if I don't have it by Thursday, I should email them back.

I was trying to get it adjusted pre-shipment, as there wouldn't be a need to wait out the refund, though it doesn't always work like that.

[quote name='basketb']I think at the minimum you'll need a 3D player (set to 2D playback) and possibly a 3D TV (also set to display 2D). [/QUOTE]

It really depends on whether the disc is 3d locked or not. Considering the Christmas Carol BD is locked to only play in 3d (with compatible player and TV) I'd imagine that this is the way Disney is going to go with all of their releases... especially since it seems they're going to include a 2D Blu along with every 3D release.

If, however, the disc is unlocked, there shouldn't really be anything that prohibits the movie from playing on a regular ol' 2D Blu-ray player and a regular TV (or a 3D-enabled player and a 2D TV) seeing as one of the eye views (I forget which at the moment) is encoded as a regular BD video stream.

I'm trying the same thing

[quote name='biglew']I will try to use both the Target $5 off any Disney Blu-Ray $24.99 and up coupon and $5 off DMR coupon for Tangled 4 disc. The $5 off Target coupon is from the Spring mailer. It is clearly labeled as "Target Coupon." If it works, the 4 disc Tangled will be $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jayrcee']So the 2D disc in the 4-disc (3D) set is the same blu ray that you would get if you just bought the 2-disc set?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, according to Vikas K at Amazon CS, this is what they said:

Although, they responded within 15 minutes of me sending the request....super fast.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if they spent more than 15 minutes on it, they might notice that it's not a "post order" because the fucking blu ray hasn't been released yet.

All this debate about 3D and 2D versions...the 3D version comes with the regular blu-ray 2D version too, and is only a few dollars more. Why not just get that if you're buying, and compare them yourselves on the off chance you'll get a 3D tv someday?

I got it for $16.99 shipped after $8 coupon clip from Amazon.com. Can't beat that price. Heh! I'm going to Target to pickup Black Swan and Tangled with $5 target coupon and $5 DMR coupon.

$24.99 Tangled 3D
-$5 Target CPN
+9.75% CA Tax
-$5 DMR CPN
Total: $16.94

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']So how much is the lowest price I can get on this? $19.99 or less? How?[/QUOTE]

Although it's pretty well documented in this thread, your best bet now is to buy it locally, either from Target or Best Buy. It's $24.99 at Target, and $24.99 on BB's web site (BB B&M will price match their web site). With the Disney $5 coupon, it'll be $19.99 plus tax, although tax will probably be calculated based on the $24.99 price, since it's a manufacturer coupon. There is a Target store coupon for $5 off a Disney Blu-ray of $24.99+, which has been scanned from a hard copy coupon that some people received in a Target coupon book mailer, and can be downloaded and printed, but that's a big YMMV. I have an unshipped one from Amazon for $16.99 on order, but I'm going to try my Target this morning, and see if they'll take the printed scan of the $5 Target coupon plus the $5 Disney coupon. If they will, and I can still cancel the Amazon order, that's what I'm going to do. Otherwise, I'll wait for the Amazon order.

damn all this is confusing..all I know is that I'm going to BB in hopes I get the plushy for my kid. I am going to take both sets up to the register and lay the 4-disc where all the candy is. I will try to use mfg. $5 coupon if the chick that always rings me up on penny guides is working. she should be cool with it. If that fails, I'll be adding my first 3D BD to the collection and I'm only 2/3's the way to 3D (don't have the TV) still, $19.99 seems like it would be the cheapest 3D BD release to date (?)

[quote name='dafunkk12']FYI, Best Buy website now lists Tangled 4-disc set as $24.99. There's a chance it might still be labeled and/or ring up at $29.99 in-store, but should be an easy price-match, especially if you don't have a Target flyer on-hand.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tangled+(2010)+-+Blu-ray+3D/2068098.p?id=1895766&skuId=2068098&st=tangled&lp=4&cp=1[/QUOTE]

Would like to know if anyone has luck with this or if Best buy has automatically adjusted the price to match Target's price.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Would like to know if anyone has luck with this or if Best buy has automatically adjusted the price to match Target's price.[/QUOTE]

I have heard that is ringing up at $24.99 in store and then people are using the coupon to bring it down to 19.99.

Wal-Mart is matching Target's prices in store without the need to bring a copy of their ad. Might be good for those without a Target nearby or those who want the Blu-Ray/hairbrush combo for $19.96 (or $14.96 w/coupon).

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Would like to know if anyone has luck with this or if Best buy has automatically adjusted the price to match Target's price.[/QUOTE]

At the local Best Buy, even the shelf tags for the 3D bundle were marked at $25. Naturally, rang up at $25, and the coupon worked flawlessly. No need for any pricematching or anything, and I got the chameleon plush.

The cashier at my Target took the print of the scanned Target store $5 coupon without a problem. She had to enter the UPC number manually. With both the Target and DMR coupons, and with tax, my total came to $16.39. My daughter will probably like the Target exclusive Golden Book that comes with it.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']The cashier at my Target took the print of the scanned Target store $5 coupon without a problem. She had to enter the UPC number manually. With both the Target and DMR coupons, and with tax, my total came to $16.39. My daughter will probably like the Target exclusive Golden Book that comes with it.[/QUOTE]

Same here! Worked like a charm, and mine didn't even have to key the coupon in.

I find it odd that we're not able to link to the coupon here... Glad other people are finding the coupon too though.

Had no issues at BB. rang up at 24.99 and then I had my coupon plus a $5 RZ GC so my total was $16 and some change.

I also got the last Pascal plush doll!

[quote name='eastx']Same here! Worked like a charm, and mine didn't even have to key the coupon in.

I find it odd that we're not able to link to the coupon here... Glad other people are finding the coupon too though.[/QUOTE]

Could you PM a link to the Target coupon?

I think we have a rule against posting links to coupon scans. I disagree with this rule as it forces us to have to visit other sites in order to find the coupon. But I don't know what we can do about it, other than complain to the mods.

bread's done
Back