Tank Battles $0.99 on US PSN

Wow, someone must REALLY hate Tank Battles to give this thread one star. :/

Anyways, I'm all over it for a dollar. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='VaultDweller']they still want me to add 5 bucks to my ps wallet and i never buy anything from the ps store ....[/QUOTE]

You're quickly becoming CAG's worst poster. Great job!

[quote name='Camwi']Wow, someone must REALLY hate Tank Battles to give this thread one star. :/

Anyways, I'm all over it for a dollar. Thanks, OP!

You're quickly becoming CAG's worst poster. Great job![/QUOTE]

hey man chill i havent even rated the thread someone else might have rated it 1 star

[quote name='VaultDweller']does amazon price match these deals? cuz i dont want to add 5 bucks to my ps wallet ....[/QUOTE]

I remember this problem. :roll: My friend figured it out one day though. It's actually very simple. Say you nothing in your wallet, but you have $6.99 in your cart. Continue with your cart purchase without adding funds to your wallet, and it will eventually just ask you if you want to add exactly $6.99 to your wallet. Then you don't have to worry about leaving money in your wallet. :)

[quote name='Access_Denied']I remember this problem. :roll: My friend figured it out one day though. It's actually very simple. Say you nothing in your wallet, but you have $6.99 in your cart. Continue with your cart purchase without adding funds to your wallet, and it will eventually just ask you if you want to add exactly $6.99 to your wallet. Then you don't have to worry about leaving money in your wallet. :)[/QUOTE]

That only works for purchases above $5. If he just wants to buy this game, he'll have to add $5 to his wallet because that's the minimum amount that can be added.

I had that dilemma with UNO the other day. I figured it wouldn't kill me to have $4 on my account. I guess I'm not that anal about it. However, this appears to be advantageous now I don't have to be hit with another $5 charge just to buy a $1 game. Maybe I'll get lucky and a couple more PSN games will drop to a buck. I'm a PS+ member but I can gamble that they won't put these cheapy titles up as the free game of the month for a measley dollar a pop. If it has trophies I'm in.

I bought Uno for a dollar last time and uh let's just say real life Uno is better than this version. I'm a little more hopeful for Tank Battles though, but either way a dollar ain't so bad.

for people not happy with the UNO release, realize there was a Demo as well... whenever these sales go up be sure to search for a demo beforehand.

If you don't want the game that badly, wait, since gameloft seems to randomly drop one of there titles to .99 often.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That only works for purchases above $5. If he just wants to buy this game, he'll have to add $5 to his wallet because that's the minimum amount that can be added.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't know that. I've only ever made purchases above $5 apparently. :lol:

[quote name='Solidus187']Can anyone confirm that this game has local multiplayer (4 players)?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

And custom soundtracks too.

[quote name='James in VA']I don't see this game as being for sale at all any more. I can only find the demo and the video. Anyone else notice this?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. From my computer I can only find the demo online. If someone can find the actual game, please post a link. I'd like to buy online today if possible before the deal goes away.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for people not happy with the UNO release, realize there was a Demo as well... whenever these sales go up be sure to search for a demo beforehand.

If you don't want the game that badly, wait, since gameloft seems to randomly drop one of there titles to .99 often.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't that UNO is bad - it's that there is no one to play with.

[quote name='bg2001']It wasn't that UNO is bad - it's that there is no one to play with.[/QUOTE]

It's bad and no one to play with. Compares to the nearly 5 years old 360 version, it's slow with weird rules and empty online play. Should have saved the $1 for Tank Battles instead. I did play through one entire tournament and unlocked few trophies. I think that's all I'm getting out of this Uno game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is all Tank Battles is, just with prettier graphics:
[/QUOTE]

I'm cool with that...

[quote name='kataztrophik']Combat was fucking epic :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Sick part is I remember at least one-two glitches from playing it back in the day.

Hold reset while holding down the fire button on your controller and you could score an easy first kill on your opponent, even in the rubber room version where the shots bounced off the walls, since the cannon shot would just go straight through every wall and all the way across the map to hit them.:lol::applause:

Another one was that you could take your tank through the wall while holding reset at the start of a match and come up behind your enemy at the start of the match.

There was also another one if I remember correctly where you could get your tank along the bottom(or top I think) of the screen and essentially slide along the bottom/top edges of the screen to the other side of the map.

OMG its a recreation of the tank game that I used to play on my Intellivision with my brother when I was a child! fuckn awesome! absolutely worth the buck just for the nostalgia trip I had.

This game is frustratingly difficulty....I was actually red in the face working on the later worlds. I feel the controls just have you react so freaking slow and the game tosses so many bullets at you...did they really need to then put you on a fucking treadmill surrounded by mines? I have not enjoyed my time with this game.....

[quote name='typical guy']Log in with your console[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I found it quickly when I got home and logged on via my PS3. Bought the game for a buck last night! I'm not blown away by it but I think it'll be fun to muck around on with friends. And I definitely remember a similar game on my PC from like 15 years ago...

Thanks for posting!

My friends and I love this game- it's great for 4P.

That conveyor belt level really vexed me until I figured out a decent strategy for it. The 1st and 3rd sections are easy, but the middle section with rockets is the hard part.

I found that if you stay at the very top of the 2nd conveyor belt, the top rocket wont be able to hit you, and you can take out the 2nd and 3rd rockets. Then stay as far to the right as you can when you go down, and you should be able to take out the 1st & 4th rockets.

It's a fun game. The comment that it's a lot like 2600 Combat isn't far off- but there's nothing wrong with that!

[quote name='MSI Magus']This game is frustratingly difficulty....I was actually red in the face working on the later worlds. I feel the controls just have you react so freaking slow and the game tosses so many bullets at you...did they really need to then put you on a fucking treadmill surrounded by mines? I have not enjoyed my time with this game.....[/QUOTE]

I was actually going to buy this for $1, but now I'm not sure. Oh, and the fact that I have to spend a minimum of $5 to be able to make a $1 purchase is also a deterrent.

[quote name='AwRy108']I was actually going to buy this for $1, but now I'm not sure. Oh, and the fact that I have to spend a minimum of $5 to be able to make a $1 purchase is also a deterrent.[/QUOTE]

For a buck its fun...but mostly to goof around with on battle mode. The campaign mode just gets so infuriatingly difficult that I actually quit.

[quote name='WongTongSoup']I hope they put a game every week for a dollar[/QUOTE]

Assuming this is a Gameloft only thing, there wouldn't be much left in store for us anyway.

These are the only other games they have on PSN:

Earthworm Jim HD (You'd be silly to think this would go on sale for 99 cents)
TV Show King
Brain Challenge

TV Show King and Brain Challenge don't interest me in the slightest...

A bit late to the party but it's still $1!

Been playing it about a half hour now, definitely worth the price of gum.

bread's done
Back