Tank Tank Tank Wii U $20 Best Buy ($0 after @Gamer Coupon)

I was able to get them to honor the coupon after buying the @gamer sub since the in store trailer clearly shows the coupon.

Believe it or not, I was excited that it dropped to $20 since it was the only game that I wanted for Wii U. My favorite magazine Games TM said that it was Dreamcast-era fun. Once I read that, I was sold.
I didn't know it was an arcade game. A DC era style arcade port is exactly what it is, and its good simple fun.

Yep, and it is great to play coop since you have that 2-screen thing going on.  A big underappreciated feature of the Wii U is the ability for 2 people to play couch coop with their own full-screen views (one on the TV and one on the Gamepad).  My son and I have had a blast with it.  The one thing we don't like about it is the need to repeat earlier levels a ton of times (with different tanks) to earn enough medals to open up new levels.  Also, it seems the coop person is stuck with a generic tank and can't use the ones you unlock unless I am missing something there.  But the core gameplay is a blast in short bursts.  Unfortunately the game is now back on my backlog since Pikmin 3 came out.  Yeah, that's right - I have a Wii U backlog (still need to finish NSMB U too).

Best Buys near me all got new TTT stock. I'm sure they'll go fast, but I saw 5 copies at Bailey's Crossroads and 3 at Pentagon this week.

Exactly, I just found this link and will try to get it today. I actually want to play this game since it's free. Hopefully, they have stock so the hoarders/flippers don't take them all. :p
The hoarders and flippers cleared out most stores as soon as the coupons went live. Your only real hope is that your store restocked and resellers haven't noticed yet. FWIW, several near me that were wiped out early on have gotten new stock this week.

I actually had luck finding this game, just call your local best buy using the SKU that's provided in the link.

:D also picked up a nice half price game. Hopefully I picked up a good single player game, if not at least I have another multi player game for guests.

So I managed to grab a copy of this at a local Best Buy, signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to access this month's magazine/coupons. I've tried both the iPad and android app to no avail.

So I managed to grab a copy of this at a local Best Buy, signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to access this month's magazine/coupons. I've tried both the iPad and android app to no avail.
I don't think you will get this months magazine. They send them via email though.

I don't think you will get this months magazine. They send them via email though.
Damn, that's a shame. I guess i'll be taking Tank Tank Tank back then. The Best Buy rep tried to be cool and manually make it free for me when I originally purchased it but his manager would not let him. Them's the breaks.

I signed up for GCU at the beginning of August and went to a couple different BBYs trying to get the magazine with coupons. Nobody had it. So, I just bought TTT with intentions of returnig it if I can never get the coupon (and doing a return/rebuy if I do get the coupon).

I called BBY and sent an email asking them to please send me the current mag with the coupons. The phone rep said I should get them and to give it a couple of weeks. The email response said that they thank me for being GCU and Premiere Silver and that they are sending the mag with coupons to make sure I get them. This email came on Aug 3 and it said to please allow 7-10 business day for delivery. We'll see...

The moral to the story is I contacted customer support and was given a commitment in writing that they were sending the coupons. So maybe that can work for someone else.

I signed up for GCU at the beginning of August and went to a couple different BBYs trying to get the magazine with coupons. Nobody had it. So, I just bought TTT with intentions of returnig it if I can never get the coupon (and doing a return/rebuy if I do get the coupon).

I called BBY and sent an email asking them to please send me the current mag with the coupons. The phone rep said I should get them and to give it a couple of weeks. The email response said that they thank me for being GCU and Premiere Silver and that they are sending the mag with coupons to make sure I get them. This email came on Aug 3 and it said to please allow 7-10 business day for delivery. We'll see...

The moral to the story is I contacted customer support and was given a commitment in writing that they were sending the coupons. So maybe that can work for someone else.
Unless they promised you otherwise, you are aware that you will not receive a physical magazine, correct? All new subs are digital. Signing up at the beginning of August will most likely not get you the current issue.

Unless they promised you otherwise, you are aware that you will not receive a physical magazine, correct? All new subs are digital. Signing up at the beginning of August will most likely not get you the current issue.
Well, this is what the email says:

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Reward Zone. My name is XXXXX, and I will be assisting you with your request today.

We understand how great is to take advantage of the Gamers Club coupons. In order to assist you, we have requested your Gamer Club package to be sent. Please allow us 7-10 business days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone Premier Silver member, we appreciate your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. We can be reached at 1-866-RZ-PREMR (1-866-797-7367)

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Best Buy RewardZone Customer Service Representative

So... I guess it doesn't specifically say that I'll get a physical magazine. It also doesn't specifically say that I'll get physical coupons mailed to me. I guess with the 7-10 day window, I was assuming they were being mailed rather than emailed. And since he said Gamer Club package, I guess I was imagining a magazine would be included.

I'll post an update if/when I get anything in the mail or email.

From my understanding, when you sign up in store, they should give you a booklet that has the current coupons for you to use.  At least that's what's been reported.

Went back in best buy for a second looking for a few games, turned around and couldn't believe that they still had two copies left of TTT. Got one using the coupon and the cashier had a funny surprising look on his face before he said to have a nice day.
Anyway, thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is what the email says:

Thank you for contacting Best Buy Reward Zone. My name is XXXXX, and I will be assisting you with your request today.

We understand how great is to take advantage of the Gamers Club coupons. In order to assist you, we have requested your Gamer Club package to be sent. Please allow us 7-10 business days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone Premier Silver member, we appreciate your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. We can be reached at 1-866-RZ-PREMR (1-866-797-7367)

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Best Buy RewardZone Customer Service Representative

So... I guess it doesn't specifically say that I'll get a physical magazine. It also doesn't specifically say that I'll get physical coupons mailed to me. I guess with the 7-10 day window, I was assuming they were being mailed rather than emailed. And since he said Gamer Club package, I guess I was imagining a magazine would be included.

I'll post an update if/when I get anything in the mail or email.
They were probably mentioning the Welcome Packet that includes the B2G1 coupons, etc.

From my understanding, when you sign up in store, they should give you a booklet that has the current coupons for you to use. At least that's what's been reported.
True in the recent past, but no one has spotted the booklets for this month/period (and last month also, IIRC). The only thing I've seen is a new tri-fold pamphlet with the "Sleep Less, Game More" slogan on it. Maybe people were stealing those booklets and using the coupons just like with the magazines. Kind of sucks for new subscribers if there are no more instant coupon and they have to wait for digital delivery.

They were probably mentioning the Welcome Packet that includes the B2G1 coupons, etc.

True in the recent past, but no one has spotted the booklets for this month/period (and last month also, IIRC). The only thing I've seen is a new tri-fold pamphlet with the "Sleep Less, Game More" slogan on it. Maybe people were stealing those booklets and using the coupons just like with the magazines. Kind of sucks for new subscribers if there are no more instant coupon and they have to wait for digital delivery. 
in honesty, how many people just subscribed to unlocked, because of this free game? lol

yes, they did. and you are 26 days too late.
No I wasnt late. I checked when the thread first popped up and have been following it since then. At the beginning, you can do the SKU trick to check stock but like others that Best Buy has "clearenced" out (Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for example), you can do the SKU trick because you cant do Store Pickup on the item, then the item is completely removed so the SKU trick doesnt work at all.After seeing some people getting a restock, thought I might be able to check stock and catch a restock before these coupons expire

From my understanding, when you sign up in store, they should give you a booklet that has the current coupons for you to use. At least that's what's been reported.
Assuming your store gets the booklets.

My closest store never got the one with AC3 on the front(May?) and apparently still hasn't gotten the July ones since they still have a lot of copies of the June/Castlevania one spread around the gaming area.

Assuming your store gets the booklets.

My closest store never got the one with AC3 on the front(May?) and apparently still hasn't gotten the July ones since they still have a lot of copies of the June/Castlevania one spread around the gaming area.
Like I stated above, I don't think they exist anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I think the new "Sleep Less, Game More" tri-fold pamphlet is the new way to sign up.

Thanks guys, I grabbed a copy two days ago.  Also nabbed a pre-owned copy of Mario U @39.99, with a $10 and a $25 reward cert, for a total of $1.69.

bread's done
Back