Tanooki Suit Mario Keychain w/preorder of Super Mario 3D Land at Gamestop

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
what the title says. http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/super-mario-3d-land/90532?loc=hero

key chain looks like this:
170283_bonusLG.jpg

The title of the game bothers me. Couldn't they just call it Super Mario Land 3D? That rolls off the tongue much better than "Super Mario 3D Land". The latter just sounds like a bad translation.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The title of the game bothers me. Couldn't they just call it Super Mario Land 3D? That rolls off the tongue much better than "Super Mario 3D Land". The latter just sounds like a bad translation.[/QUOTE]

Super Mario Land 3D implies it's a 3D version of the GB classic, which I assume will probably release on the 3DS eShop if it hasn't already. Super Mario 3D Land emphasizes that this is a new Mario game based in 3DS technology.

That said, I agree with you. Just sounds clunky.

[quote name='bsmiff']Super Mario Land 3D implies it's a 3D version of the GB classic, which I assume will probably release on the 3DS eShop if it hasn't already. Super Mario 3D Land emphasizes that this is a new land based in 3DS technology.

That said, I agree with you. Just sounds clunky.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much, but then I'd just argue that they should call it something else entirely. I guarantee anyone familiar with Super Mario Land will be reminded of it when they see the title, and might even call it Super Mario Land 3D, just for linguistics sake. They could call it anything in the world, yet they chose a name familiar to one of their Mario franchises. Odd.

Love ya ssj, but what wouldn't you argue with ....... :)[quote name='ssjmichael']I figured as much, but then I'd just argue that they should call it something else entirely. I guarantee anyone familiar with Super Mario Land will be reminded of it when they see the title, and might even call it Super Mario Land 3D, just for linguistics sake. They could call it anything in the world, yet they chose a name familiar to one of their Mario franchises. Odd.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']Love ya ssj, but what wouldn't you argue with ....... :)[/QUOTE]

I'd argue that I don't argue about everything, but then...yeah :(

[quote name='GBAstar']If it is 3D and high quality I might bite. I don't expect their to be many deals on this except Kmart and possibly TRU who seems to do quite a lot of Mario releases[/QUOTE]

It's free.
It's from Gamestop.

High quality will not be applied. If you ended up using this for your keys you will lose your keys at some point. The clasp / ring will bend over time. Unless you keep re-bending it.

The picture is ass. You can't tell what it looks like. I think the picture is just a 3D rendering. It would be pretty lame of Nintendo to give us a flat 2D keychain for a 3D game. If it is 3D and clunky, that plastic ring will snap as soon as I sit. Think I'll pass on this full priced deal.

[quote name='Jello1996']Looks like he's trying to poop.[/QUOTE]

It never crossed my mind when I first looked at it, but not that you've pointed that out, it really does. I was considering preordering this at gamestop, but not anymore. Who wants a pooping Mario on their keychain?

I wonder if you get this bonus when you preorder like the MW3 poster, or if it's one of those that they conveniently forget about or run out of when you go to pick it up.

[quote name='bsmiff']Super Mario Land 3D implies it's a 3D version of the GB classic, which I assume will probably release on the 3DS eShop if it hasn't already. Super Mario 3D Land emphasizes that this is a new Mario game based in 3DS technology.

That said, I agree with you. Just sounds clunky.[/QUOTE]

Until a week or two ago I thought it was a sequel to the GB games. I was excited to go back to some of the weird stuff back from the GB ones - like the space alien who kidsnaps Daisy, the Easter Island heads, the enemy sphinxes, maybe Wario, etc.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Until a week or two ago I thought it was a sequel to the GB games. I was excited to go back to some of the weird stuff back from the GB ones - like the space alien who kidsnaps Daisy, the Easter Island heads, the enemy sphinxes, maybe Wario, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would've been really cool. Who knows, maybe there will be some references? At least they're definitely pulling in some more retro elements like the Tanooki suit and stuff from SMB3.

Miyamoto introduced the game as a cross between SM64 and SMG: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/miyamoto-reveals-more-mario-3ds

It's pretty much the only reason I have any interest in the 3DS. Would be cool if they did a Wii port, but that wouldn't encourage 3DS sales...

I wouldn't be surprised if Kmart gave a $15 coupon with this since they did a $15 coupon for OoT and StarFox. So I'll pass on this, but mainly because it's from GameStop.

Yeah, I thought it looks like Mario is pinching one off too...brown tone all over doesn't help.

i was just there yesterday talking to the manager about this game (he said he got to play it), and never even mentioned this. i told him i was thinking about getting it, but he's cool & doesn't ask me to buy stuff (which is why i go to him when i do).

i have it locked in @ amazon for $37. it would be $40 + tax from gamestop, so not sure if that's a good deal (especially until we see what type of keychain it is)! I'd love to see it, and it's weird that dude didn't mention it if they'd have gotten those in recently!

I have mine preordered with credit. I hope those assholes at GS give me my keychain instead of OOT 3D where no one got their free promised posters.

At first I was hoping for a plastic figure keychain, but now i'm thinking a flat one would be better and less bulky hanging off my keys. A big thing would be awkward in pockets.

It looks like he's succeeding.

(And it looks like a 3D render with a keychain loop photoshopped on.)

Still dig the original old school proportions:
120px-TanookiMario_SMB3.jpg

Does anybody know if tanooki mario can fly in SML3D?

[quote name='deftoast']It looks like he's succeeding.

(And it looks like a 3D render with a keychain loop photoshopped on.)

Still dig the original old school proportions:
120px-TanookiMario_SMB3.jpg

Does anybody know if tanooki mario can fly in SML3D?[/QUOTE]

I would assume. What else would the suit be used for?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I would assume. What else would the suit be used for?[/QUOTE]

To blend in with racoons?

i ended up using my amazon cred to get BF3, and ordered this game at Gamestop. the manager told me they didn't have them, and i'd get it when i picked my game up :(. i was hoping to let you guys know what it looked like.

[quote name='Drclaw411']At first I was hoping for a plastic figure keychain, but now i'm thinking a flat one would be better and less bulky hanging off my keys. A big thing would be awkward in pockets.[/QUOTE]
but the picture would just rub off with a flat one. i SO hope it's a 3d model. if it's a flat one, i'll list it on my tradelist ;).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I have mine preordered with credit. I hope those assholes at GS give me my keychain instead of OOT 3D where no one got their free promised posters.[/QUOTE]

Are you in Canada? The poster was only for the GameStops up north.

Good luck actually getting one of these from Gamestop. I pre-order games from them way more than I should and a lot of them were supposed to come with a free item. Probably like 8 to 10 games this past year or so alone. Gamestop only had the item once... the lame banana for Donkey Kong Country Returns. Maybe it's just my local store but they're horrendous with this sort of thing.

[quote name='Bervda']Are you in Canada? The poster was only for the GameStops up north.[/QUOTE]
No it said on the US gamestop site that all OOT preorders got a free poster. I didn't get my game from Gamestop because I got a deal at k-mart. Just remembered that mess.

[quote name='deftoast']Yep, I just double checked. MARIO DOES NOT FLY IN SML3DS.
Is that lame or what?[/QUOTE]

Double checked what? If this is true that's pretty lame. Does the Tanooki suit at least let Mario turn into a statue? I've seen gameplay of it gliding and tail spinning but that's all.

bread's done
Back