Target 12/26 - 1/01 Ad

ryan838

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I got this from the DVDTalk messageboards. Credit goes to kansai999. Since some of you guys probably don't go there I figured I would post them here.

Video Games (Prices are each)
$37
PS2 - X-box - GC
Call of Duty Finest Hours
Need for Speed Underground 2
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Golden Eye Rogue Agent
Ps2 & X-Box: Star wars Battle Front
GameCube: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
PS2: GTA San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 2 Snake Eater

$16.88
PS2 & X-Box: ESPN NFL 2K5, ESPN NBA 2K5 and Midnight Club 2
PS2: GTA Vice City

$37.88
PS2: Inuyasha
X-Box: Kingdom Under Fire and Fable
PS2 - X-Box - GC: Prince of Persia Warrior Within

$49.99
X-Box: Halo 2, SW II Knight of the Old Republic and MechAssault 2
PS2 - X-Box - GC: Street 2

DVD (Prices are each)
Just states Low Price for Anchorman and Resident Evil Apocalypse
$15.99 Open Water
$19.99 Wimbledon, Garden State, Wicker Park, Lion King 1, Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2
$22.99 Sex and the City Season 1
$29.99 Sex and the City Season 2,3,4,5,6 pt 1, 6 pt 2
$24.99 King of the Hill Season 3
$7.50 One Fine Day, A Chorus Line, Legally Blonde, The Birdcage, The Graduate, You're Mine & Ours and Battle Britain
$10 Under the Tuscan Sun, Open Range, Chicago, 50 First Dates, 13 Going on 30, Freaky Friday, Girl Next Door R Version, Gangs of NY, Big Fish, Bratz, Breakin' All the Rules, Secret Window and Hell Boy

$19.99 Wimbledon, Garden State, Wicker Park, Lion King 1, Lion King 1 1/2 & Lion King 2

I know they're not going to price gouge on Garden State like they did with Eternal Sunshine. They better not..

EDIT: Wow.. Warrior Within for $37.88.. hmm...

"EDIT: Wow.. Warrior Within for $37.88.. hmm... "

That was the only thing that interested me. I will probably wait for it to go down in price though because I have so many other games to finish.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']*sigh* I was hoping to get garden state for less than 20... Hopefully CC will have it cheaper.[/quote]
Ya, I know what you mean, I'm pissed off there weren't any deals for Shawn of the Dead.

[quote name='Scorch']

I know they're not going to price gouge on Garden State like they did with Eternal Sunshine. They better not..

EDIT: Wow.. Warrior Within for $37.88.. hmm...[/quote]

If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']*sigh* I was hoping to get garden state for less than 20... Hopefully CC will have it cheaper.[/quote]
Ya, I know what you mean, I'm pissed off there weren't any deals for Shawn of the Dead.[/quote]

Shaun* ;)

[quote name='mst3k_stud'][quote name='Scorch']

If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Problems?

What kind of problems?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']*sigh* I was hoping to get garden state for less than 20... Hopefully CC will have it cheaper.[/quote]
Ya, I know what you mean, I'm pissed off there weren't any deals for Shawn of the Dead.[/quote]

Shaun* ;)
[/quote]

Ah yes, no-sleep stupid fingers strike again...

[quote name='Dok Diamond']I bought NFSU2 a week ago from taget for 50.

Will i be able to match that price after christmas?[/quote]

You might have an outside shot at it, my Targets only price adjust from their own ads for one week though, however with it being Christmastime, you might find a way around it, if not, you simply buy the cheap version, then return it on the old receipt on your way out of the store

[quote name='Scorch']
[/quote]

And if they do? What are you going to do, bitch and cry while you fork over the cash. :p

Crappy sales, but thats a given since it'll be after Xmas and the only people coming in are just going to be returning unwanted gifts anyways.

heh, GTA, Snake Eater, and Metroid all on sale the day after xmas eh? I'm a bit surprised Halo 2 isn't a part of that group. I guess when you only have 2 exclusive games worth buying you don't put them on sale.

[quote name='mst3k_stud'][quote name='Scorch']

If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Yes, please expand on that statement. I think I am getting it for XMas on XBox and would like to know what exactly is wrong with it before I open and play it.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Scorch']
[/quote]

And if they do? What are you going to do, bitch and cry while you fork over the cash.[/quote]

Sorry, i'm not a puppet. I still haven't bought Eternal Sunshine.

Garden State will be $19.88 and I probably will buy it at that price.. mainly because it's pretty much the best movie i've ever seen.. but I hate how they pricegouge movies that are insanely awesome.

What the hell is this "price gouge" I am hearing about? Aren't the MSRP on these movies like 30 dollars? How is selling them for 20 "price gougeing"? And you are smart if you haven't bought Eternal Sunshine since the special edition is comming out in January.

[quote name='mst3k_stud']If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Yes, please expand on that statement, for those of us that bought PoP:WW for the XBox.

Edit - Pulled this from the Gamespot review of the Xbox version:

Gamespot Link

Some technical flaws in the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game also mar the experience somewhat. The Xbox version is prone to audio glitches. Certain sound effects get stuck, and, at other times, scenes that should have voice in them are cut off completely. This is a shame, because the sound effects in the game, aside from some ham-handed voice acting from the prince, are excellent and impactful. Meanwhile, the PlayStation 2 version's flaws are graphical. As a result, the game has a slightly choppier frame rate than the other versions. While it's not enough to hinder gameplay or combat, it does detract a bit from an otherwise beautiful-looking game. We didn't notice any sound or frame rate issues with the GameCube version of Warrior Within, however.

Unless somewhere else has a cheaper price, looks like i'm picking up MGS3 Snake Eater from Target after Christmas :)

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']heh, GTA, Snake Eater, and Metroid all on sale the day after xmas eh? I'm a bit surprised Halo 2 isn't a part of that group. I guess when you only have 2 exclusive games worth buying you don't put them on sale.[/quote]

Shame on you, horsey...

What?! 13 going 30 for $10 and they were selling that one for $12.88 during the black friday sale. Does anyone know if I can get a price adjustment, even though I only have the receipt since I gave it away already.

[quote name='Scorch']EDIT: Wow.. Warrior Within for $37.88.. hmm...[/quote]

Must...wait...until it hits $20.... :x

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S']*sigh* I was hoping to get garden state for less than 20... Hopefully CC will have it cheaper.[/quote]

Me too. I so wanted a deal on Shaun of the Dead but nobody has it. I think I'll just end up using my 20% off coupon on it at BB.

[quote name='davidmt']I was hoping KOTOR2 would go on sale somewhere - sigh.[/quote]

Barely even a warm deal by CAG standards, but...

Tonight, KOTOR II was $42.98 at my local Walmart. There was no SALE tag or anything in the case; it just appeared to be its normal price.

Coincidentally, Walmart's online price is $49.82. Thus, maybe it's an unintended misprint by a dyslexic employee. :D

[quote name='"shrike4242"'][quote name='"mst3k_stud"']If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Yes, please expand on that statement, for those of us that bought PoP:WW for the XBox.

Gamespot Link

Some technical flaws in the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game also mar the experience somewhat. The Xbox version is prone to audio glitches. Certain sound effects get stuck, and, at other times, scenes that should have voice in them are cut off completely. This is a shame, because the sound effects in the game, aside from some ham-handed voice acting from the prince, are excellent and impactful. Meanwhile, the PlayStation 2 version's flaws are graphical. As a result, the game has a slightly choppier frame rate than the other versions. While it's not enough to hinder gameplay or combat, it does detract a bit from an otherwise beautiful-looking game. We didn't notice any sound or frame rate issues with the GameCube version of Warrior Within, however.[/quote]

The gamecube has problems too it's called a crappy controller

[quote name='dwsscs'][quote name='seebelow'][quote name='XCutioner93']Looks like I'm picking up NFSU2 for Xbox, is that the best deal on it right now?[/quote]
It probably is when you add this to it:
$5 off coupon[/quote]

Yeah there are some good $5 off coupons for Target here on Battlefront, NFSU2, and others:

http://www.getintothegame.com/bonus_level/index.aspx[/quote]

Damn, if PoP would have had a $5 coupon, I would've bit.

[quote name='otogi'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='mst3k_stud']If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Gamespot Link

Some technical flaws in the Xbox and PlayStation 2 versions of the game also mar the experience somewhat. The Xbox version is prone to audio glitches. Certain sound effects get stuck, and, at other times, scenes that should have voice in them are cut off completely. This is a shame, because the sound effects in the game, aside from some ham-handed voice acting from the prince, are excellent and impactful. Meanwhile, the PlayStation 2 version's flaws are graphical. As a result, the game has a slightly choppier frame rate than the other versions. While it's not enough to hinder gameplay or combat, it does detract a bit from an otherwise beautiful-looking game. We didn't notice any sound or frame rate issues with the GameCube version of Warrior Within, however.[/quote]

The gamecube has problems too it's called a crappy controller[/quote]

That is purely subjective and really has no merit. I would still go for the xbox version if you have live though, doesn't it have exclusive content and such? Anyway, nice deals on GTA and POP:WW, but I will also wait for POP to hit $20 due to the aforementioned flaws and the quite annoying (IMO) change in character of the prince.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='mst3k_stud']If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Gamespot Link

In a way, I'm not altogether surprised that the GameCube version would be the most polished of the three console versions. I distinctly remember an interview for Sands of Time in which Jordan Mechner said that the GameCube was the system on which he'd play Prince of Persia. While I don't think he has any direct control over the new PoP games, I'm sure he has some influence on how the game is designed and tweaked. That possibility could mean that the GameCube version of Warror Within had the most thorough fitting and finetuning.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='mst3k_stud']If you do get PoP:WW, you might wanna get the GC version because I am having TONS of problems with the Xbox version,[/quote]

Gamespot Link[/quote]I was just about to post that after I saw Scorch's post. I guess I'll get the GameCube version even though I wanted to play it on XBL since it has some sort of high score thing. Oh well.

I'll probally end up waiting for a price drop anyways. :)

[quote name='seebelow'][quote name='XCutioner93']Looks like I'm picking up NFSU2 for Xbox, is that the best deal on it right now?[/quote]
It probably is when you add this to it:
$5 off coupon[/quote]

Thanks a lot, I'm definitely picking it up now

bread's done
Back