Target - $4.99 - Select Nintendo 3DS games

srocky26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
https://www.target.com/c/nintendo-3ds-games-video/-/N-5xfno?sortBy=PriceLow&Nao=0

Includes:
Mario 3D Land
Zelda OoT
Zelda Link Between Worlds
DK Country Returns
Luigi Dark Moon

all titles listed below are 4.99
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds (I bought this one)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Super Mario 3D Land
Nintendo Selects: Ultimate NES Remix - Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Selects: Animal Crossing™: New Leaf Nintendo 3DS
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Nintendo 3DS (I will be buying this one at my target asap)
Project X Zone 2 Nintendo 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D already removed from the site listing but some people have found it in store.

Other items
Mario Kart 7 $14.99
New Super Mario Bros. 2 $14.99
Detective Pikachu (Nintendo 3DS) $24.99
Minecraft (New Nintendo 3DS) (Nintendo 3DS) $14.99

Games I can't see the price on because it is out of stock and has price only visible when added to cart
Puzzles & Dragons Z + Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Edition Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Nintendo 3DS
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright Nintendo 3DS

Credit to SD

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m all for Nintendo sticking with the one console that is portable and dockable. I’d like them to adopt a a better digital family sharing plan so I can buy a game once digitally and then let both of my children play it as well. I have converted the majority of my 3ds and switch collection to digital for convenience, portability, and theft/loss risk mitigation. I’d like to share everything on another 3ds that isn’t my personal 3ds/switch (while retaining the ability to play myself)

I’d like a “kids” version of the switch (a la kids kindle) that is better designed for young ones.

And finally, I’d like a “pro” dock that allows for better graphics and performance (a la graphics amplifier).

On topic, I bought all 4 games again despite owning digital versions specifically for my son’s 3ds

Pbfluf you want the whole world don’t you.The should make just for you a diamond and gold 3da and a Switch as well

Target is not discontinuing the 3DS.
Target is not clearing out 3DS stock.
Nintendo is not doing any of the above as well.

Target is offering $15 off 3DS video games store wide.
Which means any game that was $20 is now priced at $5.

Please do not spread misinformation.

Edit to correct $15 off 3DS
If Target wasn’t discontinuing 3DS why would they totally remove all the games from the gaming aisle locked up with security tags?

If Target wasn’t discontinuing 3DS why would they totally remove all the games from the gaming aisle locked up with security tags?
Yep, same at my Target in NJ.

They are making room for PlayStation 5 😉

I have a donkey set aside for store pick up but I already have donkey. Are there any flip opportunities or should I just let it get refunded after 10 days.

I was told by the electronics employee they are getting rid of 3DS games. That is why they are on end caps and have a very little section in my store with maybe 20 total games, if that.

This do

I was told by the electronics employee they are getting rid of 3DS games. That is why they are on end caps and have a very little section in my store with maybe 20 total games, if that.
This doesn't surprise me at all - All of my local Targets have been slowly decreasing the floorspace for video games overall, and the 3DS is the easiest to phase out. The space allotted for XB1 and PS4 games has been cut in half, too. I assumed they were just making a move for consolidating since I'm sure games are a low part of their overall profits.

Pbfluf you want the whole world don’t you.The should make just for you a diamond and gold 3da and a Switch as well
Perhaps :D ... seriously though big N makes great games for kids and adults, but the switch hardware is too expensive to let a youngin rough it up and when i play it docked I can’t help but wish it was a more powerful console

This do

This doesn't surprise me at all - All of my local Targets have been slowly decreasing the floorspace for video games overall, and the 3DS is the easiest to phase out. The space allotted for XB1 and PS4 games has been cut in half, too. I assumed they were just making a move for consolidating since I'm sure games are a low part of their overall profits.
I was under the impression that part of the driving force behind the revamped stores was to minimize low profit margin entertainment (cds,dvds,blurays,games). i believe target changed their way of doing business in regards to forcing publishers to take back unsold inventory instead of taking the loss.

if this becomes the norm, then i would expect very few, if any, non mainstream games, movies, music, media on shelves going forward. publisher risk will minimize stock that isn’t a guaranteed seller.

Really funny, I was in Walmart at the service desk, guy in front of me takes 4 of the Target 4.99 3DS games (Zelda, Mario 3D Land, and a couple others..) and makes up this whole story about how he had the receipt and lost it, didn't know what card he used, just wants store credit etc etc.  One of them only scanned in at like $10 refund credit so the guy took it back. JFC the poverty is real.

Really funny, I was in Walmart at the service desk, guy in front of me takes 4 of the Target 4.99 3DS games (Zelda, Mario 3D Land, and a couple others..) and makes up this whole story about how he had the receipt and lost it, didn't know what card he used, just wants store credit etc etc. One of them only scanned in at like $10 refund credit so the guy took it back. JFC the poverty is real.
That innocent soul must not have been aware of the return limit or that he was committing fraud. Bless his heart for rethinking his decision.

This do

Same as all of mine. The Best Buy near me has significantly reduced the floor space for movies and games, too.

It's all a matter of time, sadly. Physical isn't going away but the selection at stores is going to go down, and yes, prices are going to go up (i.e. physical disc lovers will be shelling out premiums).

Welcome to the digital world.

Same as all of mine. The Best Buy near me has significantly reduced the floor space for movies and games, too.

It's all a matter of time, sadly. Physical isn't going away but the selection at stores is going to go down, and yes, prices are going to go up (i.e. physical disc lovers will be shelling out premiums).

Welcome to the digital world.
Nah

Found a couple of new one today...

- Tenkai Knights / With Figurine - $4.99
- Snoopy’s Grand Adventure - $0.02!!! Say what??[attachment=31604:8B0BA76C-90F8-4A9D-B304-6E606DA4CDB0.jpeg][attachment=31606:A05B2E32-0991-4BC3-93D0-B6D7FFD5973B.jpeg]

Does anyone have an extra copy or could get an extra copy of:

- NES Remix
- Animal Crossing
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
- Mega Man Collection

Have an extra copy of a few games and can find a few more around town.

Let me know. Thanks!

I went after work yesterday and had no luck. The only $5 game left was Donkey Kong Country. I was going to ask an employee to check the back since SMT4A had showed in stock just an hour earlier, but when I went to pull it up in the store, I saw the listing had been removed from the site. Oh well. My fault for not checking this board Sunday

Was lucky enough to find a copy of Link Between Worlds and NES Remix.  Searched high and low for SMT4 but no success :(

Is it just me or has brickseek become wildly inaccurate?  It wasn't nearly this bad like a year or two ago.  Maybe they only give accurate information to premium people lol.  The prices seem to be at least relatively accurate but the inventory count is never right any more where in the past I've rarely had issues.

Also, just lol at the thread drama, some of y'all get real mad at flippers or whatever but once the info about the discounts hits anywhere on the internet whether its here or slickdeals all bets are off and scalpers gonna scalp, welcome to how the internet works

i don't think people get mad a scalpers exist and made a profit ( am sure they wish they did not ),  it those that talk about it as if it no big deal when others would have used said game/item for enjoyment not a profit and have a limited budget so it cause them frustration the broken mind set of " don't hate the player hate the game " also rile them up.

it also don't help that those looking for a profit  can an do take it too the extreme buying in mass, if 10+ people can enjoy a game/item they could not afford versus 1 + scalpers  can make a profit selling X games/item, now times that by however many they can get to their first to get even more profit. which again is fine free market BUT the annoying part is when they post about it. it's free speech yes but don't act surprised when free speech calls bullshit for profiteering were others wanted enjoyment.  

Found a copy of Luigi's Mansion but it rang up at $19.99 and the website no longer lists it as $4.99 so could not get a price adjustment.
I assume you mean Luigi's Mansion DM, because Luigi's Mansion sale price is $25, so $20 would be even better.

I assume you mean Luigi's Mansion DM, because Luigi's Mansion sale price is $25, so $20 would be even better.
That's just the Gamecube game, right? Weird to spend more for an older game. I remember thinking Dark Moon was better.

That's just the Gamecube game, right? Weird to spend more for an older game. I remember thinking Dark Moon was better.
Nintendo is smart. They know people are buying their same old crap over and over again and paying premium on top of it. This is the reason i'm skipping the switch until its last year to get it, by then i could get the system for $100-$150 and talk about all the switch exclusives i got for $4.99 in a clearance thread.

Yikes, best Buy chat took a good 30-40 minutes. Was gonna pm a couple games, but otally not nworth that for each and every game, unless you can do multiple different games at once somehow.

I mean, it's the more recent release. It's like Dark Souls Remastered costing more than Dark Souls 3.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Really funny, I was in Walmart at the service desk, guy in front of me takes 4 of the Target 4.99 3DS games (Zelda, Mario 3D Land, and a couple others..) and makes up this whole story about how he had the receipt and lost it, didn't know what card he used, just wants store credit etc etc. One of them only scanned in at like $10 refund credit so the guy took it back. JFC the poverty is real.
Yes, the poverty is real when you can turn $20 into $80 for groceries. With Sears looking down the barrel of bankruptcy this morning, I think it's fair to say people underestimate the hardships coming these days. That's why I'll never judge anyone for their actions, even non-violent crimes against billionaire family-owned businesses.

Anyone get an extra Luigis Mansion or NES Remix? My target was picked clean, managed to get SMT Apocalypse and a clearanced copy of Woolly World for 3DS

Nintendo is smart. They know people are buying their same old crap over and over again and paying premium on top of it. This is the reason i'm skipping the switch until its last year to get it, by then i could get the system for $100-$150 and talk about all the switch exclusives i got for $4.99 in a clearance thread.
You're so cool.

I think I'm gonna swing by BestBuy tonight and price match a let's go pokeball bundle cuz for some bizarre reason, Target is showing it as $50 clearance and sold out everywhere

I think I'm gonna swing by BestBuy tonight and price match a let's go pokeball bundle cuz for some bizarre reason, Target is showing it as $50 clearance and sold out everywhere
Is the Eevee bundle available at Best buy anymore? Their website says sold out, so I can't see local stock....

Is the Eevee bundle available at Best buy anymore? Their website says sold out, so I can't see local stock....
no idea. That's weird. I wonder if people have been price matching all this time. I was just at a store yesterday and they had at least half a dozen of each version.

I'm guessing that it's intentional to limit visibility of remaining stock. It's not the first time that BestBuy has done tricks like this for high(er)-volume items in demand, or for items that they want to limit stock reduction.

Even so, it's probably YMMV to pricematch with BestBuy at this point. Target is currently OOS for shipping and unless you happen to have a Target in your immediate area with remaining stock (local price match), BestBuy can decline the meet the lower price.

Is the deal over on the target site? I saw tags in store for the $4.99 games yet only one game available, Link Between Worlds. I was considering PM'ing at best buy though can't find any of the games on target.com anymore.

Picked up Mario 3d Land, LM Dark Moon, and Ocarina 3ds thanks to this thread. I wanted ALBW too but it was OOS in my store and I guess Target delisted all the $5 games from their site.

i don't think people get mad a scalpers exist and made a profit ( am sure they wish they did not ), it those that talk about it as if it no big deal when others would have used said game/item for enjoyment not a profit and have a limited budget so it cause them frustration the broken mind set of " don't hate the player hate the game " also rile them up.

it also don't help that those looking for a profit can an do take it too the extreme buying in mass, if 10+ people can enjoy a game/item they could not afford versus 1 + scalpers can make a profit selling X games/item, now times that by however many they can get to their first to get even more profit. which again is fine free market BUT the annoying part is when they post about it. it's free speech yes but don't act surprised when free speech calls bullshit for profiteering were others wanted enjoyment.
Can you repeat this in English?

I should have just bought a link between worlds while I was there.  My order is now delayed till the 27-30 as of yesterday.

I should have just bought a link between worlds while I was there. My order is now delayed till the 27-30 as of yesterday.
Yeah, my order of 3D Land seems to be delayed (though it has had a shipping label since ~9 am Sunday morning), while the other items are enroute and should be here tomorrow. Not sure why I'm getting the delay since it was at/near the start of the deal...but them's the breaks.

Picked up link between worlds, sm3d, and smt4:a. Some games were in a messy pile at the electronics desk. Smt4 was in the back. Just gave them the dcpi since the website has delisted it

What is the dcpi for smt4?
207-02-9026 FYI it said sold out on brickseek, I would ask electronics

I also got donkey Kong at another store

And, price matched an AC: Origins gold edition to Walmart for $30.90 since they merged dcpi

Went to Target yesterday, found zero $5 games. Hope they get restocked...

My local target had their own 'end cap' display for $5 3DS games. I also seemed to notice all target stores I've visited recently no longer stock 3DS games in the normal game aisles, it's just switch, xbox, PS4 now. 3DS titles are in the 'filler' section or a very small end cap display by the nintendo accessories.

bread's done
Back