Target $8 Blu-Ray Sale - Through Feb 12

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Target currently has all Blu-Rays marked @ $10 on sale for $8. Note, the Blu-Ray has to be marked at $10, not $9.99 for the $8 sale price.

Some of the Blu-Rays listed below are also available online for $8:
http://www.target.com/Blu-ray-Movies/b?rank=pmrank&node=1262399011&field_price=001-999

EDIT: Here is the link supershammy provided that lists all $10 blu-rays:

http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_sort...rget_com_category-bin,price&searchRank=-price

Here is a partial list:

Terminator (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Robocop (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Super Troopers
Reservoir Dogs
First Blood
Rambo 2008
A Fistful of Dollars
Office Space
Napoleon Dynamite
Bangkok Dangerous
Lord of War
Road House (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Chaos
Planet Hulk
Total Recall
Crank
The Forbidden Kingdom
Castaway
Risky Business
Dodgeball
3:10 to Yuma
28 Days Later
Courage Under Fire
Bullitt
Ghost Rider
The Usual Suspects
Hancock
The Jackal
The Devil Wears Prada
Pandorum
The Running Man
Terminator 3
Major League
Transporter 2
Aeon Flux
Logan's Run
Kung Fu Hustle
The Scorpion King
Doomsday
Big Trouble in Little China
Tomb Raider
Dark City
Legend of Zorro
Broken Arrow
Interview with a Vampire
Dracula
Blazing Saddles
Seven Pounds

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Thanks OP and supershammy too, for sorting everything. Potentially in for quite a few of these. Gonna have to see what my local Target actually has tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Planet Hulk. Anybody seen Doomsday or Bangkok Dangerous? Worth it?

Thanks OP and supershammy! I'll make a point of checking out Target this week. There were some $8 blu-rays I missed at Walmart that I'd like to pick up.

[quote name='DestroVega']anyone know how good the Usual Suspects as a blu-ray product (PQ, AQ) is?[/QUOTE]Blu-ray.com is a great resource; I check it before buying anything and make use of their robust price tracker and collection manager.

They gave high ratings to The Usual Suspects, praising the video and sound and only knocking some points off for a lack of bonus features. Here's the full review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Usual-Suspects-Blu-ray/148/#Review

[quote name='GME92']Those are the usual junk movies everyone tries to dump on you with "DISCOUNTS!!"[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your valuable input. This thread would be nothing without your post.

[quote name='4tygames']
Here is a partial list:

Robocop (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Reservoir Dogs
A Fistful of Dollars
Office Space
Total Recall
Castaway
28 Days Later
Major League
Kung Fu Hustle
Interview with a Vampire
Dracula
Blazing Saddles
[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. Nothing but junk.. :roll:

/sarcasm

I'm going to try to pick up Cast Away, Dodgeball.. actually, I'm in for half of that list, if I run across them

I'm relatively new to the world of B&M blu-ray shopping. Think the stock would be picked clean if I wait a couple days on this? Or are movie shoppers less fanatical than cheap gamers? I had no trouble finding Alice In Wonderland at BB last week, and I didn't get there until Thursday, so maybe that bodes well. I could get to Target earlier but I don't wanna go out of my way if it isn't urgent.

3:10 to Yuma is a must buy. It was the first blu-ray I ever bought (other than Spiderman 3 that came with my PS3). I paid like $30 for it. $8 is a steal.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'm relatively new to the world of B&M blu-ray shopping. Think the stock would be picked clean if I wait a couple days on this? Or are movie shoppers less fanatical than cheap gamers? I had no trouble finding Alice In Wonderland at BB last week, and I didn't get there until Thursday, so maybe that bodes well. I could get to Target earlier but I don't wanna go out of my way if it isn't urgent.[/QUOTE]

Those are decent prices. However, even if you miss this sale or your local Target is out of the titles you want, I am sure the same or a better deal will come around for these. For example, many of these were $10 at the end of 2009 when Target had a $5 off any Blu-ray coupon. Thus many of these could have been had for $5. Or, for example, "3:10 to Yuma" could have been had for $7.99 at amazon in the not so distant past.

Pretty good list. A lot of those movies are new to the under 10 dollar game, especially in retail. Hopefully this trend continues.

This list is apparently YMMV. I just scanned Big Trouble In Little China, and it scanned at $17.99 here. They do have a few titles marked at $8, but nothing worthwhile.

I'm relatively new to the world of B&M blu-ray shopping. Think the stock would be picked clean if I wait a couple days on this? Or are movie shoppers less fanatical than cheap gamers? I had no trouble finding Alice In Wonderland at BB last week, and I didn't get there until Thursday, so maybe that bodes well. I could get to Target earlier but I don't wanna go out of my way if it isn't urgent.

you'll be fine imo.

LOL at the family guy clip. When I read Roadhouse I was just thinking of peter taking the long way home saying roadhouse for every turn.

I like 28 days later so I'll grab that if I can.

Kungfu hustle has been $10 combo'd with The One (jet li) before at newegg, FYI. It was even $2 I think for like 30 minutes. lol

Been trying to upgrade my entire DVD/ HD-DVD collection for cheap. Dodgeball, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Napoleon Dynamite, Office Space, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and The Usual Suspects shall be added to that list!

Thanks OP.

$8 is the lowest most of these repeat-sales movies have been, as they generally go no lower than $10. Of course, that's only a $2 dip, but still it's worth mentioning.

^my thoughts exactly. A lot of these might be had for pretty cheap regularly, but there are still some quality films on that list and most I've never seen quite this low. Still haven't made it to Target, we'll see what I can pick up tomorrow.

Huh, didn't see The Usual Suspects on the list the first time I scanned through. I need to remember to take a look for it

Edit: Just noticed that it was $10 online. Would the in-store price possibly be lower? Otherwise, my Amazon credit is calling me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Op and supershammy for the headsup. I'll have to check out my store this Fri. and see if there's anything left. I have about 6 on the list I'd like to get.

I decided against getting Terminator but I did pick up 3:10 to Yuma.

The guy who tried to help me find it said they didn't carry it in stores.

As it turns out, they do and the guy is an idiot.

Just a heads up guys... I went to the Target at Tempe Marketplace, AZ last night and while they did have a number of the titles listed on Page 1, not all of them rang up as $8.00. Out of the 6 I had in my hand (DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY, THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, OFFICE SPACE, TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, THE USUAL SUSPECTS)... I only walked out with 3 at that price (DODGEBALL, LEAGUE, and NAPOLEON). The other 3 still rang up at $10.00.

So I am thinking that this deal is YMMV.

P.S. My store didn't have any signage about the promotion either... so the only reason I even looked at them was because of this thread. Maybe my Target just sucks! Thanks OP.

[quote name='headlikeahole']damn i would pay atleast 50 dollars for Roadhouse[/QUOTE]

Glad I got mine for $5 at WalMart's black friday bonanza

Well, that was a waste of time. YMMV indeed. My local Target (Fredericksburg, VA) had NOTHING for $8. About half of that list wasn't even $10 to begin with, and everything that was rang up at $10. No 3:10 to Yuma or Planet Hulk in stock at all, for any price. Bah.

[quote name='4tygames']Target currently has all Blu-Rays marked @ $10 on sale for $8. Note, the Blu-Ray has to be marked at $10, not $9.99 for the $8 sale price.

Some of the Blu-Rays listed below are also available online for $8:
http://www.target.com/Blu-ray-Movies/b?rank=pmrank&node=1262399011&field_price=001-999

EDIT: Here is the link supershammy provided that lists all $10 blu-rays:

http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_sort...rget_com_category-bin,price&searchRank=-price

Here is a partial list:

Robocop (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Super Troopers
Reservoir Dogs
First Blood
Rambo 2008
A Fistful of Dollars
Office Space
Napoleon Dynamite
Bangkok Dangerous
Lord of War
Road House (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Chaos
Planet Hulk
Total Recall
Crank
The Forbidden Kingdom
Castaway
Risky Business
Dodgeball
28 Days Later
Courage Under Fire
Bullitt
Ghost Rider
The Usual Suspects
Hancock
The Jackal
The Devil Wears Prada
Pandorum
The Running Man
Terminator 3
Major League
Transporter 2
Aeon Flux
Logan's Run
Kung Fu Hustle
The Scorpion King
Doomsday
Tomb Raider
Dark City
Legend of Zorro
Broken Arrow
Interview with a Vampire
Dracula
Blazing Saddles
Seven Pounds[/QUOTE]

ho hum

Thx anyway

Just got back from a local target and only saw a few from the list, unfortunately I did not see the two that I wanted: Aeon Flux and Office Space :(

Completely YMMV.

The :br: that were in the 'Stock and Save' section of stores are $8.

If the :br: is only stocked in the normal media section, they're not $8.

I verified this at 4 different Target stores

The 3 movies I would want would be Supertroopers, Dodgeball, and Big Trouble in Little China. and I already own all 3 on DVD so I dont know if its worth it on those three movies to even upgrade to Blu-ray.

Checked some Long Island area Targets today. Most of these movies were located in a separate section, by the economy-sized bulk products (paper towels, big boxes of cereal, etc.). Picked up Broken Arrow, Dodge Ball, Reservoir Dogs, Speed, Super Troopers, Transporter, and Transporter 2, which all rang up at $8 without a problem. The Usual Suspects rang up as $14.99 so I put it back - although I noticed it was also available in a DVD combo pack in DVD packaging. It may be just be the version in the DVD case that is discounted. I wanted Office Space but none of the Targets even carried it.

Perhaps "Speed" should be added to the OP, it was actually one of the easier titles to find!

bread's done
Back