Target AD 4-6 to 4-12 (Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all video games)

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Final Fantasy X HD Vita isn't sold in stores. Is that completely true?
I've been to three targets in my area recently, and all of them had the PS3 version, and none of them had the vita version. That's why I'm hoping the vita version will magically come in stock online for this sale.

^ You should be able to buy multiples but it is YMMV. At my closet Target the employee is really friendly and lets me basically take control of the transaction.

Howvever, when Pokemon X/Y released I was at a neighboring target and tried to buy both in the same transaction (I had preorder cards for both) and the dumbass employee wouldn't let me because he said they were the same game and you couldn't buy more then one at a time.

I never make a stink in those situations because I don't like the spotlight being on me
I'm not really worried about it. Luckily I live within a 15-30 min range from a handful of Targets if I get that one person who has to be that way, :lol:

It is live online right now. I'm going to go to the store later (at work now, sad face), but when I added two Reaper of Souls + DK it gave me the discount. Pretty awesome deal considering the expansion just came out like 2 weeks ago, and Donkey Kong came out a little over a month ago (and it's a Nintendo game, gasp).

what are some good 3ds or ps3 games to get. i was thinking of metal gear solid ground zero, i was hoping for yoshi but its sold out. anyluck best buy or amazon will price match this

^ You should be able to buy multiples but it is YMMV. At my closet Target the employee is really friendly and lets me basically take control of the transaction.

Howvever, when Pokemon X/Y released I was at a neighboring target and tried to buy both in the same transaction (I had preorder cards for both) and the dumbass employee wouldn't let me because he said they were the same game and you couldn't buy more then one at a time.

I never make a stink in those situations because I don't like the spotlight being on me
yea it depends on the employee. There is always employees out there that are strict and follow every single rule, luckily most of the employees i've run into don't care what you do and let you buy as many as you want.

god these prices suck and target has nothing online
you have a very weird definition of "nothing". Also have you never seen a target b2g1 free before? Ofcourse they are all retail price.

I wanted to use this to get Lightning Returns with the steelbook but it looks like they don't carry Deception 4 online or instore and I don't what my third would be :(

These are typically are better deals if you buy either new release games that are out at full price (and can't wait for a sale/price drop) or games discounted to the point that they won't be discounted much further. Also, the popular Nintendo 3DS games tend to not drop quickly, so that might be a possibility in a sale like this. 

Anyone remember if Amazon or BB did a B2G1 last year? I may just hold off till then with my backlog and all (not to mention my three months of Gamefly that I haven't used yet).

These are typically are better deals if you buy either new release games that are out at full price (and can't wait for a sale/price drop) or games discounted to the point that they won't be discounted much further. Also, the popular Nintendo 3DS games tend to not drop quickly, so that might be a possibility in a sale like this.
Most Nintendo games don't drop in price in general. That's why I bought Super Mario World 3D, Bravery Default, and Pokemon Y today. All games that will hold up their value for years.
And the computers at Target do calculate by dividing the final cost by 3. Hence you can buy a $60 game and 2 $8 games and get a huge fraction of the cost. I find it funny that the Target employee asked me if I was going to do this before she grabbed out my games because I was the first customer of the day and she knew about the deal for a while .xD

After browsing the online titles, just noticed a few things....

First off, for whatever reason Infamous Second Son is not part of the deal online, which blows.    

Also, Both Console pre-order versions of The Elder Scrolls Online are part of the the b2g1 deal,  but I don't think the game comes out til June.

And online, PC games are included so I would think it would be the same in stores.

Yeah these sales are pretty good for Nintendo/first party games that don't drop.

Thinking about getting:
Left 4 Dead 2 360
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare PS3

Bioshock 2 or Sonic Generation PS3 as the freebie

And the computers at Target do calculate by dividing the final cost by 3. Hence you can buy a $60 game and 2 $8 games and get a huge fraction of the cost.
Can you elaborate further? With a $60, $8, $8 game, what would the total be (I thought it would just make the cheapest game free)?

Can you elaborate further? With a $60, $8, $8 game, what would the total be (I thought it would just make the cheapest game free)?
Alright Sir he is taking about basic math here 60+8+8= 76 now you dived that by 3. 76/3= $25.33 per game. (Before sale)

Keep in mind I have never tried this theory out in the store so I have no idea if it works or not I am just helping out with the numbers. But I am guessing you are correct in your reasoning that one of the 8 dollar games will be the free one since it's the cheapest. So 76-8=$68/3(games)= $22.67 per game which is not much of savings IMO

Unless something changed today, your total would be $68, and the refund value on each of your games would be $57.33, $5.33, and $5.33 (the cheapest game is divided into 3)

Alright Sir he is taking about basic math here 60+8+8= 76 now you dived that by 3. 76/3= $25.33 per game.
Sorry your reply makes absolutely no sense, obviously I can do the math. $25.33 per game? How does that make any sense..

Unless something changed today, your total would be $68, and the refund value on each of your games would be $57.33, $5.33, and $5.33 (the cheapest game is divided into 3)
See thats what I thought too.. Why would it be advantageous to do that then(60,8,8)? It would be best to do like valued games..

Might try and PM the "The Last of Us" for $29.99 from the TRU ad and group it with two other $29.99 games. Than return the other two games to end up with "The Last of Us" for $20 plus tax.

Went to target this morning to get ffxhd limited edition and 2 other filler games.

Will return it at my gamestop with my receipt from the preorder, and return the other 2 games to target.

$27 game right at released date ....haha

Got my FF-X Limited (good thing I didn't open my Amazon copy) and Diablo 3 ROS and my filler.

Did not see any FF-X for Vita, only PS3

The target near me was practically empty this morning. I didnt see any of the FFX remasters, anyone is looking for. The only rarity I saw was the PS3 Tales collection.  But I myself managed to snag...

Might be YMMV but I was able to price match TRU for Diablo 3 and The Last of Us to 29.99 & get a free game in one transaction. Did not require any additional action as the register allowed it.

So if price matching BB at target works then I will price match FIFA and bf4 from BB for $40 and need another $40 game to return and after 10% off (red card and pharmacy coupon) I should only pay $24 per game saving $8 more then I would by getting at BB with gcu.

Ok just picked up;
Witch and the Hundred
BlazBlue
And
Donkey Kong

Will go back tueaday for Kinect Rival, Dynasty 8x, and something else.

Bought FFX Limited Edition ($40) along with Dead pool($20) and Minecraft($20) for $60. Pretty happy at the moment. I had Infamous collection for $20 too but returned it for minecraft.

Bought FFX Limited Edition ($40) along with Dead pool($20) and Minecraft($20) for $60. Pretty happy at the moment. I had Infamous collection for $20 too but returned it for minecraft.
Probably should have done Deadpool + Minecraft + Infamouse Collection

FFX + 2 more $40 games and returned them later.

The math would have worked out better. You would have spent ~$25 more, but you would have gotten all the games you want and used the discount more efficiently.

Went early this morning and picked up Infamous, DKC, and Diablo RoS.

Wanted a Vita game or to but didn't see Dangonrompa.

I was able to grab Infamous: Second Son, Donkey Kong, PvZ: GW, Diablo: RoS, FF: X/X2 Remastered, and MGS V: Ground Zeros. It was not a CAG way to go, but I did save some money on games I've been holding off buying for a while.

Probably should have done Deadpool + Minecraft + Infamouse Collection

FFX + 2 more $40 games and returned them later.

The math would have worked out better. You would have spent ~$25 more, but you would have gotten all the games you want and used the discount more efficiently.
Didn't really want Infamous though and it was more of a filler. Was about to return both of my other games and they offered $30 making FFX $30 overall but I declined and made the exchange.

Also there site and store prices are so different it's weird. Saw CoD Ghost for $20, Madden PS4 for $40 and Ryse for $40.... didn't care for any.

Pokémon X is on sale (online from Target) for $33.49.  Purchasing 3 and returning two gets you one Pokémon X for $22 (plus tax - don't forget to use a red card too).

These type of threads make my head hurt.

Ethics aside returns almost always work the same way across all retailers (glitch aside).

Return value is always prorated. You can't buy and return two $1 games and get the $60 game for $30.

People asking the questions might be stupid but the retailers are not. You are getting 33.3% off all your games no matter what you do (again glitch/coupon/YMMV PM/return on old receipts aside)
Best buy's shitty code monkeys used to fuck up scripting this and other bundle deals so badly that very often it was B1G1 or most expensive game was free. And prior to them requiring a valid ID for every return, they did NOT prorate the return meaning you could very easily return the 2 paid for games and keep the free one.

That said, any glitches this go round with Target? B1G1? Most expensive game free?

what sucks is my target has zero selection, they don't even have vita games so i cant  pick up ffxhd.Sigh might need to travel

Lots of PS3 games for me...

2x FFX HD LE, Tales of Xillia LE - $80

Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Amazing Spider-man, Game & Wario (Wii U) - $60

Infamous Collection, God of War Ascension, DMC - $40

They were all the last copies in the store except Kingdom Hearts and God of War. If you're looking for older/rare stuff better get there soon...

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but Target DOES carry Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete Edition for PS4.

I'd given up on finding it when it wasn't listed online at all, but when I went to the store today they had 2 copies sitting in the case. It was a nice surprise; now I can return my copy to Gamestop. Will post the DPCI later when I can look at the receipt

PS4 DW8XLCE - DPCI 207-340-985

Lots of PS3 games for me...

2x FFX HD LE, Tales of Xillia LE - $80

Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Amazing Spider-man, Game & Wario (Wii U) - $60

Infamous Collection, God of War Ascension, DMC - $40

They were all the last copies in the store except Kingdom Hearts and God of War. If you're looking for older/rare stuff better get there soon...
they let you grab two copies of the same game? I guess its changed, going to head out soon

Call of Duty XB1/360 download, Deadpool 360, and Arkham Blackgate Vita for $40.97
PMed Lightning Returns PS3 steelbook to Amazon, 2 FFX-2 SEs for $79.98

I'd like to get DK country and wind Waker wii u, and titanfall 360. Can I but dk, Zelda,  and a $60 360 game today,  then return/exchange 360 game next week (on gift receipt) next week?

Don't want to wait for titanfall release because dk or Zelda may be gone. 

I just got the Titanfall bundle so that's my only game for the system. I'd really like to get Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare but I can't think of any other $40 games that I want. Maybe Rayman Legends and something else. I don't know. Blah. Probably better off just getting Dead Rising 3 for $35 and skipping this sale.

bread's done
Back