Target ad 9/25-10/1

chatgirl4

Banned
Transformers: Dark of the Moon BD+DVD+Digital Copy $20

original.0

Credit to SAP12690 @ blu-ray.com

Ad scan

Last edited by a moderator:
For all those who might not know, this is the barebones version and includes no special features whatsoever. Apparently they're saving all the bonuses for the 3d combo pack that supposed to come outin November. Word is that this release comes with a 10 dollar coupon for the DOTM 3d combo pack.

So let me get this straight....if you don't have a 3D tv, you get no bonus features at all unless you pay $30+ and get an extra 3D disc you'll never use. That kind of crap makes me not want to buy this movie at all. Just cut with the 3D shit already, I'm not paying the extra money in the theaters and I'm not wearing headache-inducing glasses on my couch at home.

[quote name='mrosnwo']So let me get this straight....if you don't have a 3D tv, you get no bonus features at all unless you pay $30+ and get an extra 3D disc you'll never use. That kind of crap makes me not want to buy this movie at all. Just cut with the 3D shit already, I'm not paying the extra money in the theaters and I'm not wearing headache-inducing glasses on my couch at home.[/QUOTE]That's it, pretty much.

Though, if you double-dip and get the barebones release now, you get a $10 coupon to save on the purchase of the full version with the 3D disc.

[quote name='mrosnwo']So let me get this straight....if you don't have a 3D tv, you get no bonus features at all unless you pay $30+ and get an extra 3D disc you'll never use. That kind of crap makes me not want to buy this movie at all. Just cut with the 3D shit already, I'm not paying the extra money in the theaters and I'm not wearing headache-inducing glasses on my couch at home.[/QUOTE]

Didn't stop people from buying a barebones Avatar when they released it this way. It was well known then that another release w/ special features was coming. So I don't necessarily think 3d is to blame for this. Just Paramount taking a cue from Fox.

But if they do follow up this release w/o a non-3d combo set, just sell the 3d disc on ebay(provided 3d/2d isn't on the same disc). That will just about cover the cost of the set.

Yeah, I'm not blaming 3D itself as I am blaming studios for pushing it on people. It just feels forced now. After further thought I think I may get it barebones and be done with it. If the transfer is all well and good, that's all I really care about, the movie itself(not that it's a great movie, but that's a whole different subject). A quick glance at my DVD/Blu-Ray library at home reminds me that I have enough bonus features on discs I haven't watched yet that it would take me till about 2025 to watch them all as it is. I'm not so in love with this one where I'm dying to view all the inner-workings of Michael Bay's thought process.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Yeah, I'm not blaming 3D itself as I am blaming studios for pushing it on people. It just feels forced now. After further thought I think I may get it barebones and be done with it. If the transfer is all well and good, that's all I really care about, the movie itself(not that it's a great movie, but that's a whole different subject). A quick glance at my DVD/Blu-Ray library at home reminds me that I have enough bonus features on discs I haven't watched yet that it would take me till about 2025 to watch them all as it is. I'm not so in love with this one where I'm dying to view all the inner-workings of Michael Bay's thought process.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'd still rather have the version with the bonus features. I mostly watch the deleted scenes and any blooper/gag reels they have. Its just nice to know that you have some extra "meat" on the disk.

bread's done
Back