The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut)
The Day After Tomorrow
Ong Bak 3
and more in-store

And a lot of DVD’s on sale too.

Credit to Stra8jacket from blu-ray.com

Hmm... Dare I pick up Ong Bak 3 (aka Ong Bak 2 Part 2)? The last movie was a horrible trainwreck. At the cliffhanger ending, I wasn't sure I wanted to know what was going to happen next. ...But I've got to complete the set...

The front of the Target ad listed the DVD version of Iron Man 2 (single disc) for $9, but I stopped in today and they're actually selling the Blu-ray version for $9. That's the lowest I've seen it for. I would have preferred the 3 disc version, but for $9 it was too good to pass up.

for $9 id get 1.
*update*

went to Target. couldn't find it anywhere. pricematched it @ BestBuy w/o problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Azeroth2k']The front of the Target ad listed the DVD version of Iron Man 2 (single disc) for $9, but I stopped in today and they're actually selling the Blu-ray version for $9. That's the lowest I've seen it for. I would have preferred the 3 disc version, but for $9 it was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I went in for some last minute v-day pickups and saw it. For $9, it was a no-brainer.

[quote name='loveangel']onk bak 3 is what kind of movie ?any idea[/QUOTE]
In short, it's a martial arts movie. Ong Bak 2 & 3 are spiritual prequels to the first, so they take place in jungle villages instead of in cities.

Since they're filmed overseas with far more lax safety regulations, the draw is the sheer athletic prowess and downright dangerous stunts on show. Unfortunately the total nonsensical story in Ong Bak 2 far outweighed the action content to the point where I personally felt the movie wasn't worth watching. I worry that Ong Bak 3 will be the same.

If you're curious about the craziness of Tony Jaa (the star), just watch the first Ong Bak and the Protector. Think of the stunts as being like Jackie Chan insane, but without wires and substituting brutality for comedy (and substituting muay thai for wuxia).

Here's a clip compilation of Tony Jaa's work I found on YouTube. As usual w/ these sorts of things, the music choice might not be to one's taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSMjAZvUGFM

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back