Target Blu-Ray Discs "As-Is", $6-7 each, YMMV

mdmusick

CAGiversary!
Just a heads up - My friend and I spotted some 'As-Is' stickered Blu-Ray titles on the clearance endcap at the Dallas Target off of Southwestern:

Edward Scissorhands x2
Die Hard 2: Die Harder x2
The Santa Clause 3 x1

Needless to say, we jumped on that :) Checked the shelves for more copies but there were none. Passed on the Santa Clause.

If you happen to spot any of these titles, check the back for an "As-Is" sticker, you might get lucky. Also, if anyone else notices any other "As-Is" stickered BRD titles, please reply so other CAGs can keep an eye out for them!

They are AS-IS because they shouldn't be carrying them any more and they have dropped out of the stores system. They get priced cheap to move out them out of the store. We just came across some HD DVDs two weeks ago and they got the AS-IS treatment for like $7.

One near me had 2 Will Ferrel HD-DVDs for something like $5.68 each. I picked up the Aviator on regular DVD for $1.26. I didn't see any Blu-rays, hoping they put some up some time.

Now I'm confused. You all keep talking about HD-DVDs but the OP and thread title says Blu-Ray titles. So Target is just randomly clearing out some movies for the heck of it (I guess to make room for newer releases)?

[quote name='erectiontown']i wouldn't expect these to be widespread. every time i've seen as-is marked merch, not a single other store has reported it[/quote]

It does happen from time to time. I recall that when Ghost Squad for Wii went as-is, all four of my local targets had it for that price. Of course it's still very much YMMV, but given the huge price reduction it still warrants a price check if it's something you're interested in. :)

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']I got TMNT for 6.98 a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]

me too in austin

hmm, didn't know about this As-is deal,. pretty cool. i'll go check it out this weekend.

[quote name='Jim01']Now I'm confused. You all keep talking about HD-DVDs but the OP and thread title says Blu-Ray titles. So Target is just randomly clearing out some movies for the heck of it (I guess to make room for newer releases)?[/quote]

It's not random, I worked at Target last year. During fourth quarter, we had a box of games, CDs, and DVDs that would not show up in the system, so they had no place to go on the sales floor because they would not scan if they was an attempted purchase. About a month later, most of these items found their way to the clearance rack via the "As Is" tag. Corperate keeps a list of items and have a shelf life for all products (including electronic entertainment). If these items out live their shelf life, they either go clearance or As Is, As Is being more rare.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw Dragon Wars for $7.

Of course I didn't buy it though.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that bad. Don't be so hasty.

[quote name='whoknows']I saw Dragon Wars for $7.

Of course I didn't buy it though.[/QUOTE]

You passed on a freaking hilarious movie. This scene along makes it worth owning:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVccPUGfW3c[/media]

Got Appleseed Ex-Machina on Blu as is for $7.46 around a month ago, never saw it, but it has John Woo's name on so I'm giving it a try

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Do you guys find these in the same clearance endcap the games are on?[/QUOTE]

The ones I found were near the books/magazine section where they sometimes put clearance games/cd's/books/dvds too.

[quote name='Killbreed']The ones I found were near the books/magazine section where they sometimes put clearance games/cd's/books/dvds too.[/quote]

Yep this is the way it was for me also. The only 2 times I've seen an HD-DVD/Blu-Ray "As-Is" was in this spot. Breach HD-DVD combo (a couple of months ago when I already had it) and Talledega Nights last week (which I picked up as I only had the kimped PS3 pack-in version.)

Anyone know if you can use coupons with these?
I got a Target coupon w/my receipt the last time I was there for $5 off any BluRay Disc movie.. Would be nice to get BluRay movie for $2. :)

The only thing im finding at mine are FOOL screen edition of the Polar Express single disc DVDs.....for like $3

bread's done
Back