Target Blu-ray Prices March 27 - April 2, 2011

Jason28

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Tangled 3D (4 Disc) -$24.99
Tangled BD+DVD -$19.99
*Free Tangled Little Golden Book With Any Tangled Purchase
*Free $10 Gift Card With Purchase Of Tangled and Bambi ($29.99), Beauty And The Beast ($29.99), Or Snow White ($29.99)
*Get a $5 Off Coupon For Tangled 4 Disc @ Target.com/Movies

Black Swan (BD+DVD+Digital Copy) -$19.99
Mad Men Season 4 -$29.99

All thanks goes to d head @BR.com

[quote name='Venent']Where is the coupon? I'm not seeing it on the page.[/QUOTE]

I don't think its live yet. Keep in mind this ad is not in effect until March 27.

[quote name='AJVtony831']hmmm I wonder if the disney movie rewards coupon will be for the 4 disc also. Nice combination if you can combine both coupons.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. We can only hope.

So, Tangled 3D (4 Disc) $24.99 - $8/10 DMR coupon (guess) - $5 Target coupon = $11.99/9.99 plus tax?! I'm about to cancel my Amazon preorder. :D

That assumes you can find the $5 Target coupon, as it doesn't sound like it's readily available. A number of CAGs haven't found it locally. I'd plan on the $16.99 being the more likely option, assuming it's the same $8 off as the Amazon coupon previously offered.

I'm more waiting for Amazon to match the $24.99 price from Target come the beginning of next week, and then I'll have it for $16.99 and not have to go out to find it.

[quote name='ShadowEX']So, Tangled 3D (4 Disc) $24.99 - $8/10 DMR coupon (guess) - $5 Target coupon = $11.99/9.99 plus tax?! I'm about to cancel my Amazon preorder. :D[/QUOTE]I doubt it would be more than the $8 we had with the Amazon coupon, so it should be $11.99 after tax, with the $8 off from the DMR coupon and $5 off from the Target coupon.

That is assuming that it's not $29.99 before the coupon and $24.99 after the $5 coupon. I'd suggest waiting on having the print ad in-hand before jumping on the pre-order cancel. On the web site right now, it's showing up as $29.99 for the 3D combo pack.

I think a little while ago in the Coupon thread someone mentioned the ToysRUs ad saying that it also had an online $5 off coupon for Tangled. Either several retailers are having their own online coupon, or they're all referring back to the soon-to-be-released DMR coupon, and it will end up being $5 off instead of $8.

The last time an ad referenced a Disney coupon it was $10 and so was the coupon. I hope it isn't $10. But rather a store based coupon to get foot traffic. We shall know in a few days.

Thanks for posting the prices, I was hoping for Target's Black Swan edition to drop from the $29.99 preorder price it was listed at the past couple of weeks on Target's website.

[quote name='Justin42']What is the difference between Target's Black Swan edition and the regular one?[/QUOTE]
Other than the obvious cover art differences,
Regular version = Blu Ray & Digital Copy
Target version = Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']That is assuming that it's not $29.99 before the coupon and $24.99 after the $5 coupon. I'd suggest waiting on having the print ad in-hand before jumping on the pre-order cancel. On the web site right now, it's showing up as $29.99 for the 3D combo pack.[/QUOTE]

Even if it is, though, if the DMR coupon is $8, that'll take it down to $16.99, which is still $5 cheaper than the Amazon pre-order price. I'm going to wait until the DMR coupon is up to cancel, but given Amazon's tendency to sometimes ship out pre-orders a couple of days before release, I'm not going to wait until the last minute.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Other than the obvious cover art differences,
Regular version = Blu Ray & Digital Copy
Target version = Blu Ray/DVD/Digital Copy[/QUOTE]Well, if Target's version is BD/DVD/DC and it's the same price as Amazon for the BD/DC version, that's worth picking up at Target. Since it's an advertised price, they'll raincheck it if they go out of stock on it.

[quote name='arcane93']Even if it is, though, if the DMR coupon is $8, that'll take it down to $16.99, which is still $5 cheaper than the Amazon pre-order price. I'm going to wait until the DMR coupon is up to cancel, but given Amazon's tendency to sometimes ship out pre-orders a couple of days before release, I'm not going to wait until the last minute.[/QUOTE]I'd wait until the Target coupon and the DMR coupon both go live before canceling the Amazon pre-order. I know that doesn't give much time, though with recent releases, I haven't seen Amazon ship them out until Sunday or Monday before release date.

They should also raincheck Tangled if they go out of stock on it, and I'd guess they should restock it before the DMR coupon would expire, which is normally 12-14 days after it's usable.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd wait until the Target coupon and the DMR coupon both go live before canceling the Amazon pre-order. I know that doesn't give much time, though with recent releases, I haven't seen Amazon ship them out until Sunday or Monday before release date.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm also starting to have second thoughts about paying over $20 for it, even if Target's deal turns out not to be any better. I've paid over $20 for very, very few movies in my collection, and I'm not really certain that Tangled merits an exception to my general rule on that.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, I'm also starting to have second thoughts about paying over $20 for it, even if Target's deal turns out not to be any better. I've paid over $20 for very, very few movies in my collection, and I'm not really certain that Tangled merits an exception to my general rule on that.[/QUOTE]It's a non-deal until the two coupons materialize, so we have to wait it out and see.

I would double-check on it around Friday and see if the DMR coupon is live, and if so, I'd take that to be the point to cancel the Amazon pre-order, since I don't think it would have shipped by then as a pre-order.

I'm definitely getting this - my kids loved it in the theater. What do you guys think about getting the 3D version for the future? It's only $5 but I don't have the capabilities to watch a 3D blu-ray and I have no plans to buy a TV any time soon (could be years).

[quote name='Javery']I'm definitely getting this - my kids loved it in the theater. What do you guys think about getting the 3D version for the future? It's only $5 but I don't have the capabilities to watch a 3D blu-ray and I have no plans to buy a TV any time soon (could be years).[/QUOTE]Disney doesn't usually do a 3D-only release, so if you're thinking about the 3D as a possibility, this would be your only point of entry.

When it's a cheap-ish price of entry to go with the 3D version, I've been picking those combo packs up, and $5 fits into that price point.

Some studios will do a 3D/2D only release, while others will do the combo pack like this one.

Review of the 3D combo pack: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tangled-3D-Blu-ray/18855/#Review
Review of the 2D pack: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tangled-Blu-ray/18854/#Review

[quote name='Javery']I'm definitely getting this - my kids loved it in the theater. What do you guys think about getting the 3D version for the future? It's only $5 but I don't have the capabilities to watch a 3D blu-ray and I have no plans to buy a TV any time soon (could be years).[/QUOTE]

extra $5? no brainer... spend it...
regret it a year from now?...sell it with no issue for $10

hmmm... I ordered Tangled 3-D from Amazon for $29.99 and Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 4 pack for $27.99 to get $10 off the two. They shipped Fantasia a month ago and split the discount between the two. If I were able to get this from Target for $15 and turned around and refused the package from Amazon to get a refund, would I still keep the half discount from the Fantasia shipment? Anyone have experience with this?

So can we use and combine the $5 off coupon from the Disney rewards site plus the $5 off target coupon in order to get the 3D combo pack of Tangled at Target?

By the way, I don't see the Target coupon anywhere on the Target website...

[quote name='shrike4242']The $5 coupon is the DMR coupon, from what people have been saying, so it's not $5 + $5 from two different coupons.[/QUOTE]

They are one and the same it appears. If you go to Target.com/movies, the coupon redirects you to the DMR coupon.

So after tax, it's right around the same price as the Amazon deal for the 4 disc. At least for those that got in early with the $8 deal.

My question is: what is the shelf price for the 3D set on Tuesday? Is it going to be $29.99 or $24.99? From what everybody is saying, it sounds like it's going to be $29.99, and then you take off the $5 DMR coupon and the $5 off Target Disney BD coupon (if you were lucky enough to receive it).

If it's $14.99 AC, I'll definitely pick up the 3D set; if not, I'll just buy the 2D set on Amazon for the same price and save myself the hassle/tax.

I will try to use both the Target $5 off any Disney Blu-Ray $24.99 and up coupon and $5 off DMR coupon for Tangled 4 disc. The $5 off Target coupon is from the Spring mailer. It is clearly labeled as "Target Coupon." If it works, the 4 disc Tangled will be $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all!

[quote name='biglew']I will try to use both the Target $5 off any Disney Blu-Ray $24.99 and up coupon and $5 off DMR coupon for Tangled 4 disc. The $5 off Target coupon is from the Spring mailer. It is clearly labeled as "Target Coupon." If it works, the 4 disc Tangled will be $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all![/QUOTE]
There is no reason it shouldn't work, if you are one of the lucky few who got the target coupon.

Someone explain why on yet another title, the chain I go to to look for it is sold out. Tangled 3d this week at target, alice in wonderland a few months ago at best buy and scott pilgrim at best buy in november. All titles that sold out at multiple stores and are hard to find. I don't get this at all, and the worthless drone in a red, yellow or blue shirt can't or wont tell me when more will come in stock.

[quote name='AshesofWake']got black swan, excellent price for BD+DVD :)[/QUOTE]

I really like the clear case instead of the normal blue colored case.

[quote name='Javery']I'm definitely getting this - my kids loved it in the theater. What do you guys think about getting the 3D version for the future? It's only $5 but I don't have the capabilities to watch a 3D blu-ray and I have no plans to buy a TV any time soon (could be years).[/QUOTE]

The 3D transfer of Tangled is very good. I would spend the extra $5 now and then watch it again when you get your new TV in a couple of years.

bread's done
Back