Target Blu-Ray Sale

H.Cornerstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey, I was working at Target and noticed that we had quite a few Warner Bro's Blu-rays on sale.

I don't remember all of them,

But I do remember 300, Shoot Em Up, We are Marshall and Troy being 19.99
Fugitive, Bullitt, A Clockwork Orange and Ocean's Thirteen being 14.99

And Rudy was on sale for 22.99 this week.

They were TPC's so they should last more than a week, but I forgot to check exactly how long.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is because Warner is offering a rebate for stores to sell BDs cheaper...glad to see they are. Too bad I bought all these in red cases for $5-$7

I bought 300 for $18 this week, I thought it was a good enough deal to jump on it. I try to buy blu-rays for less then $20, but I will break that rule when Iron man, TI Hulk, and Dark Knight are released.:D:D:D

[quote name='Bamer']I bought 300 for $18 this week, I thought it was a good enough deal to jump on it. I try to buy blu-rays for less then $20, but I will break that rule when Iron man, TI Hulk, and Dark Knight are released.:D:D:D[/quote]

I think Iron Man is already out. I want it, but I don't want to spend $28 for it.

[quote name='blackhole82']I think Iron Man is already out. I want it, but I don't want to spend $28 for it.[/quote]

nope, not yet. end of this month.

[quote name='Bamer']I bought 300 for $18 this week, I thought it was a good enough deal to jump on it. I try to buy blu-rays for less then $20, but I will break that rule when Iron man, TI Hulk, and Dark Knight are released.:D:D:D[/quote]

My rule is $10 - thus I haven't bought many since HD-DVD was still a competitor ;)

[quote name='Pookymeister']My rule is $10 - thus I haven't bought many since HD-DVD was still a competitor ;)[/QUOTE]
I guess you will not be buying many BD's. There are pretty much none out there for $10. Even the used ones are not that price unless it has been out for quite awhile.

not too bad prices. but my rule is it has to "belong" on BD, and be cheap. what i mean by that is some movies really don't need to be seen in Blu IMHO, such as comedies. anything epic or SciFi are worth it, like 300, troy, ironman, and i robot looks amazing in high def, just not for 27.95.

[quote name='bases1616']I guess you will not be buying many BD's. There are pretty much none out there for $10. Even the used ones are not that price unless it has been out for quite awhile.[/quote]

I have about 70 Blu-ray's. I've added up the cost for myself and I'm averaging $12 per disc (including pre-orders, new releases, and averaging out box sets like Lost and Mad Men). You just have to look for the deals pretty hard, and learn how to make good trades/sales for them with forum members on the internet.

So far so good for me. I've only spent $20 or more on 3 titles - $30 for the Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy set, $20 for Mad Men - Season 1, and $32 for Lost - Season 3.

In case anyone wants to know, I also averaged out at $7 a disc on HD-DVD's and own over 100. So I feel like I've done pretty good with my High Definition investments.

[quote name='GenPion']I have about 70 Blu-ray's. I've added up the cost for myself and I'm averaging $12 per disc (including pre-orders, new releases, and averaging out box sets like Lost and Mad Men). You just have to look for the deals pretty hard, and learn how to make good trades/sales for them with forum members on the internet.

So far so good for me. I've only spent $20 or more on 3 titles - $30 for the Spider-Man High Definition Trilogy set, $20 for Mad Men - Season 1, and $32 for Lost - Season 3.

In case anyone wants to know, I also averaged out at $7 a disc on HD-DVD's and own over 100. So I feel like I've done pretty good with my High Definition investments.[/quote]
Exactly! I have the same less than $10 rule. Since HD-DVD died it's been tougher, though, and I've gone a bit over (well, I got too excited for Batman Begins and paid Amazon's price of like $32 - $7 for ticket so $25... and then $13 or so for Afro Samurai...)
The best was when TRU had some crazy Disney sale and allowed multiple coupons.

Since I don't like trading away my BDs, I've found it pretty tough to be buying them under $10. My rule is $15 too, I just can't seem to find deals that are any better. Recently I've been paying about $12-14 per disc. Any suggestions on how to get them even cheaper? I usually just buy off amazon or tower or j&r or whatever online deals pop up.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Exactly!
The best was when TRU had some crazy Disney sale and allowed multiple coupons.[/quote]

Right. I scored a bunch of Disney movies then and the rest of my collection came from the Amazon B1G1's (which incidentally wound up being a lot less than $10 after most dropped in price within 30 days)

Lol, you guys have low rules. Im content with $20 and under and Semi Pro and the Oceans 11,12,13 box set are the only BD that I have paid over $20 for. (Paid $29.99 for Semi Pro on an impulse buy)

I may really consider getting We are Marshall for $19.99 (especially since Im from WV)

bread's done
Back