Target - buy ps vita wifi - get starter kit for $35 + 20 gift card

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is just like their wifi + 20 gift card except you get the starter kit for $5 off, which is essentially the case + 4GB card then screen protector, headphones and game cart case for free.

Also, target red card (credit, as it is online only) applies for 5% off.

http://www.target.com/p/PlayStation...ion Vita Wi-Fi System with Starter Kit Bundle

However, when I add to cart, it adds $20 to price then shows a discount. Are they jacking up the price then taking my $20 gift card off the total?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the total (before tax/shipping) $285 or $305? If $285, then the gift card was free. If $305, then you should contact Target.

I'm not sure if it's different online, but in-store, any time there's a free gift card deal, you're actually charged for the gift card and the gift card amount is discounted from the item it came with. For example, if they're doing a $50 GC w/ a $299.99 XBox bundle, you actually get charged $249.99 for the XBox, and another $50 for the GC.

I have also seen on a coupon that gave a free gift card. They added the gift card value to the transaction and gave a coupon credit in the same amount as the gift card instead of subtracting it from a item.

[quote name='EvilIA']I have also seen on a coupon that gave a free gift card. They added the gift card value to the transaction and gave a coupon credit in the same amount as the gift card instead of subtracting it from a item.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe that is what is occurring here after double-checking.

bread's done
Back