Target / CC / BB Video Game Prices: 8/19/07 - 8/25/07 ** Uber Thread **

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!
Let's get one thing clear. I am Not Speedy1961 or have any relation with Speedy. I'm a loyal CAG member and I miss Speedy's contribution everyday since the unfortunate incident. I'm hoping for Speedy's speedy comeback. Until then, I am willing to contribute. But I'll be a week late than speedy. I do get the weekly flyers every thursday delivered to my house. So I post the deal every thursday until something happens.

Target

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Brain Age 2 >>>>>>NDS>>>>>> 19.99
Brain Age >>>>>>>>NDS >>>>>> 19.99

Big Brain Academy >>>>>Wii>>>> 49.99
Boogie>>>>>>>Wii>>>>>>59.99

Madden 08>>>>>>> PSP,XBOX,GC>>>>>39.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>>PS2,Wii>>>>>>>>>49.99
Madden 08 >>>>>>> NDS>>>>>>>>29.99
Madden 08>>>>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>>>59.99

PS3 60GB >>>>>> 499.99 ( 5 free blu-ray movies by mail ) with purchase of PS3

PS3 80GB >>>>>>599.99

Pirates of Caribbean >>>>PS3,x360>>>>> 34.99. PS2>>>>>>>24.99
Lair >>>>>>coming soon
MLB 07 The Show >>>>>>PS2,PSP >>>>29.99 PS3>>>>>59.99
Transformer >>>>>>PS3,X360>>>>> 49.99

Bioshock >>>>>x360>>>>>59.99 avail. Tues. 8/21
Halo 3 >>>>>>x360 >>>>>>> avail. Tues 9/25 ( 2 exclusive collectible action figures with $10 reservation of Halo 3 or Halo 3 Limited Edition. Figures redeemed with game purchase. Quantity limited: No rain checks)

Circuit City

Wii System 249.99
wii remote 39.99
wii Nunchuk 19.99

NYKO charge station 24.99 (save $5 reg.29.99)

POkemon Battle Revolution >>>>Wii>>>>>> 49.99

Mario Striker >>>>>>Wii> 49.99
Boogie >>>>>wii>>>>>>59.99
Madden 08 >>>>>wii.PS2 >>>>>49.99

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/

Madden 08 >>>>> NDS>>>>>>29.99

BD&A Pen stylus & Screen Protector 2-pack for DSL>>>>>> 4.99>>>save $5

BD&A Mini Folio Case for NDS & NDSL >>>>>>4.99>>>>save $5

Madden 08>>>>>360,PS3>>>>>>>>59.99

BIOSHOCK >>>>>360 >>>>>49.99
(save $10)

High School Musical >>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>>>>>29.99

25% off on these "brain games"

Brain Age 2
, Brain Age, Big Brain Academy, Brain Boost Beta, Brain Boost Gamma, Mind Quiz>>>>>>>>NDS>>>>>>14.99 (save $5)

Planet Puzzle league >>>>NDS>>>>>22.49 (reg 29.99)

Big Brain Academy >>>>>> Wii>>>>>>>> 37.49
(reg. 49.99)

PC Games

BIOSHOCK
>>>>>39.99>>>>>>Reg 49.99

Sims 2 Deluxe >>>>>>34.99 Save $5
Sims H & M Fashion Stuff>>>>>>>>>>>>>14.99 save $5 In-store wed. 3pm

================================================== =====
Best Buy

DS lite Brain Age 2 bundle >>>>>> includes RED NDSL, Brain Age 2, and bonus carrying case >>>>>> 149.99 >>>>>avai. Tues. 8/21/ by 2P.M (Limit 1 per customer. Minimum 16 per store. No raincheck)

Buy 2, Get 1 Free : Brain Age 1 or 2, and Big Brain Academy

Brain age 2, Brain age, Big Brain Academy >>>>>19.99

High School Musical >>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Rune Factory >>>>>>NDS>>>>>29.99
Heroes of Mana>>>>>>NDS>>>>29.99

XBOX360 Elite >>>>>>>> 449.99

Bioshock >>>>360>>>>>59.99
Bioshock >>>>PC>>>>>>49.99 (avail. Tuesday)

All-Pro Football 2k8 (360/PS3) $39.99 (save $20)

Guitar Hero II Bundle >>>>>> X360>>>>>>89.99

Free 300 HD-DVD movie when you buy Xbox360 HD-DVD includes King Kong HD-DVD movie and remote >>>>>>>>179.99

PS2 >>>129.99

Hot Shots Tennis >>>> 29.99
Madden 08 >>>>>PS2>>>>49.99 X360>>>>>59.99

[quote name='daminion']They mean that they will "price" match, but not deal match. i.e. they will match a deal at another price, but they will not match something like the TRU madden deal where you buy one and get another at half off.[/quote]For what it's worth, one of my local Wal-Marts pricematched the TRU buy-2-get-1-free DS game sale a while back. After I got there I was told they normally don't pricematch ads where you get something free, but I was told over the phone they would pricematch and then burned gas driving over there so...it wouldn't have been pretty if they then refused. :)

Okay I picked up All Pro Football 2K8 last week using store credit at EB, then this week it's at a manageable 40 dollars. It was worth my 60, but had I known about this, I wouldn't be in such a money bind.

I think you all a bit ridiculous/Senseless with this CC hating, you all don't think Best Buy (Or Target as well) Hate their ADs posted early, either?

Let me tell you, they DON'T like it either (Just like CC)! They must be so happy now CC is the one that is sueing Speedy, BB/Target not only save their attoney fees but also gain customers think CC is the devil while they aren't!

Get real! None of these stores like their ads leaked early. CC is just the company that is doing something, but Rest Assured Target and BB also got problems with it!

There is no doubt CC has more Better deals than BB this year, CC is doing pretty good. I think they are a fantastic store now, just years ago BB is Dominating CC in almost every way,but now CC is Better... so I am NOT going to do this Childish boycotting, cuz I know it's not like Best Buy welcomes Cheap ass people either!

I know you all hate that we don't get Ads posted early anymore, Trust me I don't like it either, but Comon have some Sense here these businesses are the Same!

I won't boycott CC. I will be buying $100 worth of games, movies, music, etc and then use the $15 off $100 coupon there... a Great deal you CAN'T get at BB!

[quote name='SuperJedi']I think you all a bit ridiculous/Senseless with this CC hating, you all don't think Best Buy (Or Target as well) Hate their ADs posted early, either?

Let me tell you, they DON'T like it either (Just like CC)! They must be so happy now CC is the one that is sueing Speedy, BB/Target not only save their attoney fees but also gain customers think CC is the devil while they aren't!

Get real! None of these stores like their ads leaked early. CC is just the company that is doing something, but Rest Assured Target and BB also got problems with it!

There is no doubt CC has more Better deals than BB this year, CC is doing pretty good. I think they are a fantastic store now, just years ago BB is Dominating CC in almost every way,but now CC is Better... so I am NOT going to do this Childish boycotting, cuz I know it's not like Best Buy welcomes Cheap ass people either!

I know you all hate that we don't get Ads posted early anymore, Trust me I don't like it either, but Comon have some Sense here these businesses are the Same!

I won't boycott CC. I will be buying $100 worth of games, movies, music, etc and then use the $15 off $100 coupon there... a Great deal you CAN'T get at BB![/QUOTE]

Roffle. Dis guy thinkz weir dumm. You know what else you can't get at BB? Lawsuits..(we'll see)

A lot of CAGs would rather hurt CC's sales on the principle that THEY'RE the ones going after Speedy, not BB or Target. Trust me. We hate BB just as much as CC, but CC just crossed the line.

It'd be nice to get something on digg or joystiq or kotaku (or has it already?) about Speedy's situation.

So, What makes you guys think BB and Target would not go after Speedy too (At some time)?

To me, it's NOT an issue of if, but when and what type of damage!

I don't think BB likes it very much, when everytime CC's ads seem to have better deals than themselves, (I am Pretty sure Recent Great CC deals has Cost BB a LOTs of profits) so think about it they want see people like Speedy go away, too. I bet they are very happy CC is sueing Speedy on their behalf. Don't have to waste their Own attony fees, like I said.

But boycotting CC, shows foolishness, IMO.

CC just did it first, don't confuse that BB and Target wouldn't done the Same thing!

I really think the Main reason CC did it, cuz they really suffer some HUGE profit losses, that did NOT affect BB, etc much.

None of these companies wants ADs leaked early, but we do... Someone who leak them early like Speedy are OUR Heroes, but NOT to them (NOT just to CC, but to BB and every other stores alike)

It's just Unforunate, but Get Over it! Hopefully someone else will take over Speedy's job, but to me if you Boycott CC, you might as well boycott them all, since you must Realize NONE of them are in favor of Leaked ads!

This is NOT the first time, cease & desist and lawsuits on early leaked ads has happened! Lucky for BB and other stores (some people doesn't seem to realize this) CC is taking customer's Anger while they sit back and Laugh they got what they wanted too and MORE(Upset customers goto them instead) without taking heat like CC.

So, I will just simply Get over it, and continue to shop where there are Better deals, be it CC, BB or elsewhere.

We can't always be satisfied get our needs (Want leaked ads) without upseting others(These stores), it's just how life is! Deal with it, this kinda Boycotting shows pure ignorance.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']

It'd be nice to get something on digg or joystiq or kotaku (or has it already?) about Speedy's situation.[/quote]

Yeah I Support Speedy, and I really hate what happened to him, hopefully there is a Speedy support page we can Wish him luck!

Hopefully Speedy can win the Lawsuit, not sure if leaking ad is actually illegal at all in terms of law? Don't think it is though.

[quote name='SuperJedi']So, What makes you guys think BB and Target would not go after Speedy too (At some time)?

To me, it's NOT an issue of if, but when and what type of damage!

I don't think BB likes it very much, when everytime CC's ads seem to have better deals than themselves, (I am Pretty sure Recent Great CC deals has Cost BB a LOTs of profits) so think about it they want see people like Speedy go away, too. I bet they are very happy CC is sueing Speedy on their behalf. Don't have to waste their Own attony fees, like I said.

But boycotting CC, shows foolishness, IMO.

CC just did it first, don't confuse that BB and Target wouldn't done the Same thing!

I really think the Main reason CC did it, cuz they really suffer some HUGE profit losses, that did NOT affect BB, etc much.

None of these companies wants ADs leaked early, but we do... Someone who leak them early like Speedy are OUR Heroes, but NOT to them (NOT just to CC, but to BB and every other stores alike)

It's just Unforunate, but Get Over it! Hopefully someone else will take over Speedy's job, but to me if you Boycott CC, you might as well boycott them all, since you must Realize NONE of them are in favor of Leaked ads!

This is NOT the first time, cease & desist and lawsuits on early leaked ads has happened! Lucky for BB and other stores (some people doesn't seem to realize this) CC is taking customer's Anger while they sit back and Laugh they got what they wanted too and MORE(Upset customers goto them instead) without taking heat like CC.

So, I will just simply Get over it, and continue to shop where there are Better deals, be it CC, BB or elsewhere.

We can't always be satisfied get our needs (Want leaked ads) without upseting others(These stores), it's just how life is! Deal with it, this kinda Boycotting shows pure ignorance.[/QUOTE]

How about you get over it and try not to get so upset with other people's decisions?

no way in hell am i going to boycott the best deal when bestbuy is just as shady. you would think you guys should be boycotting best buy also for the way they rip off people on monster cables and protection plans. you think best buy is any better? rofl. get your best deal and screw the righteousness. best buy nor cc are going anywhere anytime soon and this isnt going to make them feel anything. the percentage of shoppers that are forumites is minimal.

I am NOT upset, I just think it's senseless to Not see ALL stores act this way! CC just step up faster (or maybe hit worse) on this than BB/Target.

Oh would you Boycott them, if for example, they have an exclusive collectible offer like Faceplate/Action figure/nice poster/hat/t-shirt, etc for Free you can't get anywhere else?

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']no way in hell am i going to boycott the best deal when bestbuy is just as shady. you would think you guys should be boycotting best buy also for the way they rip off people on monster cables and protection plans. you think best buy is any better? rofl. get your best deal and screw the righteousness. best buy nor cc are going anywhere anytime soon and this isnt going to make them feel anything. the percentage of shoppers that are forumites is minimal.[/quote]You do realize the Monster Cables are also available at CC and the protection plans are optional right?

CC essentially kicked our nuts. Now perhaps BB and Target wanted to do so as well, but the fact is, they haven't. And it's not as if you can no longer get the deal even when not shopping at CC. There's price-matching at BB. Not to mention, their Rewards Zone program. So you not only get the deal CC is offering, but you're earning your way towards a gift certificate for more savings at BB in the future.

Now perhaps BB and Target wanted to do so as well, but the fact is, they haven't.

What difference does that make? They might not take a Significant Profit loss maybe like CC probably did, to initiate a lawsuit!

There is Absolutely NO doubt though, that NONE of them love Ads leaked early(There is just No perhaps about that)!!!

And as I previously mentioned, there is a $15 off $100 coupon at CC right now... surely the BETTER deal! I probably would goto Best Buy if CC didn't have this coupon though!

[quote name='SuperJedi']And as I previously mentioned, there is a $15 off $100 coupon at CC right now... surely the BETTER deal! I probably would goto Best Buy if CC didn't have this coupon though![/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly. If you and a friend use a $15 off coupon on two Bioshocks, that costs CC money. They're giving you Bioshock for less than it costs them. Hell, if you just walk in and get one for $50 you're getting it for a little less than it costs them. In my mind, that's the best way to screw them. Just don't buy any Monster Cables while you're in there.

Devil customers all the way.

[quote name='SuperJedi']What difference does that make? They might not take a Significant Profit loss maybe like CC probably did, to initiate a lawsuit!

There is Absolutely NO doubt though, that NONE of them love Ads leaked early(There is just No perhaps about that)!!![/quote]So I was in a bar and got in an argument with Guys A, B, and C. It got pretty heated and Guy A got so enraged at my comments and actions that he took it upon himself to break a bottle of beer over my head. Now I'm quite certain Guy B and C wanted to do the exact same thing to me 'cause I pissed them off just as much, but I'll tell you what: I sure do respect Guy A for coming out and kicking my ass. I'll be sure to stay away from Guy B and C though, 'cause I'm pretty sure they would have done the same thing if Guy A hadn't done it first.

And the $15 off $100 is a nice purchase, but most CAGs make sub-$100 purchases weekly. They'll see a good deal in a week, but they won't be able to find another purchase to get them over the minimum amount. Single item purchases certainly don't make that coupon a viable solution for most CAGs.

All-Pro Football 2k8 (360/PS3) $39.99 (save $20)

Why they didn't reduce the price of this a week before Madden came out I'll never understand...

[quote name='DCLinPA']All-Pro Football 2k8 (360/PS3) $39.99 (save $20)

Why they didn't reduce the price of this a week before Madden came out I'll never understand...[/quote]Because they're trying to get the impatient football fans/gamers who are unaware of Madden's impending release to bite at the $60 price point. Cutting it now gets people who come in to buy Madden to rethink and consider the football game that's $20 cheaper on the game rack.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Because they're trying to get the impatient football fans/gamers who are unaware of Madden's impending release to bite at the $60 price point. Cutting it now gets people who come in to buy Madden to rethink and consider the football game that's $20 cheaper on the game rack.[/quote]

Maybe. But is it worth selling twice as many @ $39.99 as you did at $59.99 and putting games in players hands which will help you sell 2k9 next year? I don't know.

Good question for a marketing mgr...:)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']
And the $15 off $100 is a nice purchase, but most CAGs make sub-$100 purchases weekly. They'll see a good deal in a week, but they won't be able to find another purchase to get them over the minimum amount. Single item purchases certainly don't make that coupon a viable solution for most CAGs.[/quote]

This is my plan what to buy this week to use that coupon...

Bioshock - $50 of course
Brain age 2- $15
Big brain academy - $15
Brain boost - $15
and/or Mind Quiz - $15

Possible Talib Kweli ($10) and Swizz Beat ($7) too

[quote name='SuperJedi']This is my plan what to buy this week to use that coupon...

Bioshock - $50 of course
Brain age 2- $15
Big brain academy - $15
Brain boost - $15
and/or Mind Quiz - $15

Possible Talib Kweli ($10) and Swizz Beat ($7) too[/quote]I'm simply stating the coupon is good on a limited case by case basis. The CAG community, for the most part, likely won't have use for that coupon on a regular basis. From what I've read, it's pretty damn hard to track down as well at all locations.

I'm not trying to justify shopping or not shopping at CC with the legal actions ongoing. I'm simply trying to point out why certain CAGs choose to boycott them and go to other retail locations. BTW, BioShock is also on sale at Fry's this week.

[quote name='DCLinPA']Maybe. But is it worth selling twice as many @ $39.99 as you did at $59.99 and putting games in players hands which will help you sell 2k9 next year? I don't know.

Good question for a marketing mgr...:)[/quote]
I think we're starting to get into what's beneficial to the store vs. what's beneficial to 2K here. It's an interesting argument to ponder, though.

I think the only time I've spent over $50 is when I've found a decent load of clearance games. I can say the same for all B+M stores these days though...

Also, if you guys want a REALLY good way to hurt CC, just click on their banner ads so they have to pay Cheapy money...which, in turn, will go towards the greatest legal defense team ever assembled-- zombie Johnny Cochran, Dr. Gonzo, and evil Lincoln.

Some poster above have the Right idea... we should change the names of these stores to something else.

Target - Bulleye?
Best Buy - Yellow Tag?
Circuit City - Red Circle?

I think it would be harder to sue with a Different name

Circuit City - "You are leaking our Ads"

Defense - "Not really, we are leaking ads of a store called 'Red Circle' ... :p

Or maybe less obvious names.

Boycotting is NOT a really Good solution(especially when CC deals are always better now), we getting smarter IS!

I say change the name!!!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Some poster above have the Right idea... we should change the names of these stores to something else.

Target - Bulleye?
Best Buy - Yellow Tag?
Circuit City - Red Circle?

I think it would be harder to sue with a Different name

Circuit City - "You are leaking our Ads"

Defense - "Not really, we are leaking ads of a store called 'Red Circle' ... :p

Or maybe less obvious names.

Boycotting is NOT a really Good solution(especially when CC deals are always better now), we getting smarter IS!

I say change the name!!![/quote]

This is a great idea! Don't forget GameShop and EvilBitch.

[quote name='Apossum']I think the only time I've spent over $50 is when I've found a decent load of clearance games. I can say the same for all B+M stores these days though...

Also, if you guys want a REALLY good way to hurt CC, just click on their banner ads so they have to pay Cheapy money...which, in turn, will go towards the greatest legal defense team ever assembled-- zombie Johnny Cochran, Dr. Gonzo, and evil Lincoln.[/quote]
holdit.gif

What about
ani-phoenix-nods.gif

for those who want to avoid pm hassles for Bioshock at BB with CC ads, you can order this game at Family Video with the $5 coupon for new customers and get it for $48.98 shipped. of course it will probably take a week for you to receive..but i'm lazy and don't want to be running around wasting gas trying to pm $10. Plus no tax at Family Video so that saves an additional $4 for me. The $5 coupons can be found in the family video threads

Got a question. The DS lite bundle with brain age is supposed to be a black and red (crimson) DS lite, where the outside is red and the "innards" is black. But the back of the circular for BB shows a red one.

So are they offering a different colored DS? And is the crimson/black DS a limited edition?

The BB one looks like someone couldn't find the stock photo so they used a white DS lite pic and photoshopped a maroon layer over it.

I'd assume BB's will be the same as everyone else's.

BFAds.net (black friday ad website) did the exact same thing in changing the names of the store and blacking out/replacing any names/logos in the ads themselves. Sbars, S-mart, etc. I can't recall what exactly happened with that, but the legal action was: if you DON'T remove our name/ad from your website, we will take legal action.

They certainly didn't sue after-the-fact, crying about people not buying said items before black friday.

[quote name='Justin42']The BB one looks like someone couldn't find the stock photo so they used a white DS lite pic and photoshopped a maroon layer over it.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking (after thinking: what the heck did they do to their picture? even the box art shows it's only red on top!)

As for the limited edition: I would say most definitely. Every single GBA & DS bundle in US history has always come and gone, and once it's gone, you won't find it new in stores ever again. There are a number of CAGs who have made a nice mattress-wad from selling a few of the rarer limited-run GBAs on eBay in the past.

Hm. Im debating buying one (for personal use) except I already have a DS (phat, mario kart bundle so this would be my 2nd red one, heh) and I'm not sure I'd use it all that much more than I use the phat (which is not at all). Tho if I bought the brain age games I probably would.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I've only got $10 toward the "Summer of Entertainment" thing at BB, but I plan to buy Bioshock tomorrow. If I do a preorder at the same time and pre-pay it, will that apply toward the SoE program?

Also, can you preorder anything, or just the stuff they have special pre-order boxes for? I'd prefer to put the money toward the Orange Box or Mario Galaxy.

Thanks...

I posted this in the xbox bioshock forums...probably not the right place.....but I really need to know if Best Buy accepts Circuit City Coupons. I plan on PM Bioshock at best buy tomorrow but I have a $10 of $50 coupon from CC. If I get that to work at BB, I also have $35 in reward zone coupons and I would get Bioshock for $5....but if it doesn't work $15 isn't bad either!

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I posted this in the xbox bioshock forums...probably not the right place.....but I really need to know if Best Buy accepts Circuit City Coupons. I plan on PM Bioshock at best buy tomorrow but I have a $10 of $50 coupon from CC. If I get that to work at BB, I also have $35 in reward zone coupons and I would get Bioshock for $5....but if it doesn't work $15 isn't bad either![/quote]

You will be hard pressed to get Best Buy to honor a competitor's "dollars off" coupon. It worked for some when Circuit City had the $20 off any two live accessories, but they had the pictures and prices of the intended items right in their add. I seriously wouldn't even bother.

[quote name='jgressley']You will be hard pressed to get Best Buy to honor a competitor's "dollars off" coupon. It worked for some when Circuit City had the $20 off any two live accessories, but they had the pictures and prices of the intended items right in their add. I seriously wouldn't even bother.[/quote]

Thanks...just thought I would give it a shot.

[quote name='Wormil']Will BB price match CC since it's a web only deal?[/quote]

I assume you're talking about Bioshock? In which case...it's not. I picked up a CC ad in-store yesterday and Bioshock is listed as $49.99 ("$10 off!") in there.

[quote name='hurley7715']does wal mart price match? i have a giftcard from there and would like to save 10 bucks on bioshock tomorrow[/quote]Yes, so long as you bring the competitor's ad. They should be able to pricematch right at the register in electronics.

Will Best Buy let you pricematch AND use a Reward Zone certificate? I wouldn't mind getting Bioshock for $45 and at the same time meeting my $100 entertainment goal to get another $10 RZ certificate.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Will Best Buy let you pricematch AND use a Reward Zone certificate? I wouldn't mind getting Bioshock for $45 and at the same time meeting my $100 entertainment goal to get another $10 RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

bread's done
Back