Target Clearance Thread: Spring 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
This is in continuation to the Target Clearance Thread which needed to be closed due to its overwhelming size. Same rules apply (and see the first post of the original for all the detail):

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

[quote name='smalien1']If you buy a game with 0.00 on it with a bunch of other stuff (my parents might buy a bunch of stuff, food, tolitries etc.) mixed in will they not notice and give it to you?[/quote]

It will usually signal no price and they will typically have to key a price . . . so, yes they will notice.

Actually I'd say it depends on the employee, a couple years ago my brother grabbed a metal piece of the shelf and tried to buy it, and the dumbass cashier went to ring it up... and nearly called for a price check :rofl: seriously, though if you tried to pull that shit on me, I'd probably smack you or in an effort to keep my job I'd just look at you like you were inbred.

The store I went to had La Pucelle, I can't remember the price, but $10 sounds about right, they had something like 4 or 5 copies left.

I'm surprised any stores have any copies of La Pucelle left, especially due to the fact that they dropped it to $20 when it was still $50 everywhere else.

Picked up Sword of Mana GBA for 14.98 today. Only copy I saw. Was 25 bucks a few weeks ago. The other clearance games were still around the $20 range.

I was just going to ask, how much was La Pucelle last summer when they dropped the price? I can't remember if it was $15 or $20. I do remember lots of us snagged up a boatload of them.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I was just going to ask, how much was La Pucelle last summer when they dropped the price? I can't remember if it was $15 or $20. I do remember lots of us snagged up a boatload of them.[/quote]

$20

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='smalien1']If you buy a game with 0.00 on it with a bunch of other stuff (my parents might buy a bunch of stuff, food, tolitries etc.) mixed in will they not notice and give it to you?[/quote]

It will usually signal no price and they will typically have to key a price . . . so, yes they will notice.[/quote]

When I was picking up Back to the Future a few years back, the lady scanned two different copies and other assorted stuff I had and was only going to charge me $25 until I pointed out that the DVDs didn't scan properly. So it really does depend on the cashier. My dad didn't even realize they didn't charge him for Brotherhood of the Wolf until he was balancing his checkbook two weeks later and realized that $15 was a tad too much little for a new release movie and 2 towels.

[quote name='Soft Nugget']Catwoman 2.50 for PC

Oh Im soooo tempted...[/quote]

You might want to check your store out again, yesterday I was at my local Target and they clearanced it down to $1.24. The game still sucks, but for that price who can say no :)

[quote name='blackandbluehero'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='oper00'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']FFXI HD is $50 now at the horse target, if anyone is interest, I believe there were 2 left[/quote]

I'll bite when its less than $35...for no particular reason other than to be picky :)

Oh, and picked up Space Chanel 5 for ps2 for 4.98 at the Troy Target[/quote]

Are you serious? The target by me had like 5-6 FF HDs @ $35[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check my loacal target for that...

I forgot to come back here...oops. They were at $50. I'll check after work to see if they went down with this round of clearances[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the FFXII w. HDD is going to go $0.00, or be sent back instead of taking any markdown after 50% off ($48.98). In the next week or so depending on the store's schedule. any ques, pm me[/quote]

Interesting . . . I think this is correct. I was at Goodwill (Kenosha) and saw 3 HDs (new) for $40 each . . . too bad I got the slim PS2 . . .

But I'd say these came from Target. So, some Target dumped some of these onto Goodwill . . . you may not see them at all soon.

I scan UPCs to check prices . . . I've been watching Siren (still sitting at $20.98 WTF). Eyetoy/Groove is down to $7.48 . . . but there are none left. Tempted to return mine (still sealed) and hope to get for $7.50 . . .

I checked out target today and here's what I saw in the clearance:

Onimusha 3 $15 ( I think)
UT2k4 $30 (cd version, the box was kind of heavy)
Scrapland
City of Heroes

I saw several more but I had nothing to right it all down.

Still tempted to get psi-ops or FM4, but I really need to save my money. :(

The TARGET in Shelby TOwnship MI has PSI OPS for 9.98 I also seen copies of UNREAL for XBOX for 9.98 as well. I saw one HD box that was marked 50 bucks and the box was Beaten up to Hell. :evil:

BTW, are the HDD's located in the clearance section or in the glass? I just called 2 Targets asking for it but none of them had it. It's probably because they checked in the glass, and not in the clearance section where they probably are.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']BTW, are the HDD's located in the clearance section or in the glass? I just called 2 Targets asking for it but none of them had it. It's probably because they checked in the glass, and not in the clearance section where they probably are.[/quote]

clearance section.

[quote name='xboxbatman']The TARGET in Shelby TOwnship MI has PSI OPS for 9.98 I also seen copies of UNREAL for XBOX for 9.98 as well. I saw one HD box that was marked 50 bucks and the box was Beaten up to Hell. :evil:[/quote]

Hey woman! Them's my stompin' grounds! I kid, I kid. :wink:

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Gainesville target

second sight 14.98
silient hill 4 7.48
siren 14.98
sonic heros 14.98

waiting for another price drop![/quote]

Second Sight has been $14.99 for months at one Target, and at another it has been selling for $39.99.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']La Pucelle $9.98!!!!! At the Holland, MI store. I got the only one, but maybe some other stores may do the same,[/quote]

Pretty nice. My Target's been sold out of La Pucelle since it went on sale for $20 last summer.

[quote name='slidecage']is Front mission 4 any good I picked it up for 7.48 dont know to open or return[/quote]

I've enjoyed the game a lot for a strategic RPG. I bought it when it was initially discounted to $15 there. Pretty good and enjoyable game.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='BigSpoonyBard']La Pucelle $9.98!!!!! At the Holland, MI store. I got the only one, but maybe some other stores may do the same,[/quote]

Pretty nice. My Target's been sold out of La Pucelle since it went on sale for $20 last summer.[/quote]

Same here and I bought the last copy of it when it went down to $20 last year.

Silent Hill 4 for $7.98 is a great price. I'll have to check my Targets for that game.

Well I found the HDD behind the glass at one target. It rang up at $0.00, but had the sticker for $69.98. Since I made the lackey get it out of the glass I went ahead and paid for it thinking I could return it, but I when I got it home I found that it had already been opened. So back I went thinking I'll be truthful and tell them that I got an item that had already been opened, but of course once I tell them that, I can't return it. So I went to another Target and just told them that I didn't want it anymore. They took it back, and they'll probably just put it back on floor to sell.

I returned it to the Southgate store on Firestone just off the 710 for you socal folks. Don't buy the HDD there.

[quote name='flaprabbit']Well I found the HDD behind the glass at one target. It rang up at $0.00, but had the sticker for $69.98. Since I made the lackey get it out of the glass I went ahead and paid for it thinking I could return it, but I when I got it home I found that it had already been opened. So back I went thinking I'll be truthful and tell them that I got an item that had already been opened, but of course once I tell them that, I can't return it. So I went to another Target and just told them that I didn't want it anymore. They took it back, and they'll probably just put it back on floor to sell.

I returned it to the Southgate store on Firestone just off the 710 for you socal folks. Don't buy the HDD there.[/quote]

I hate target stores in socal. Almost none of them have clearance games and none of them have Jones Soda in stock when I want it.

[quote name='erehwon']I checked out target today and here's what I saw in the clearance:

Onimusha 3 $15 ( I think)
UT2k4 $30 (cd version, the box was kind of heavy)
Scrapland
City of Heroes

I saw several more but I had nothing to right it all down.

Still tempted to get psi-ops or FM4, but I really need to save my money. :([/quote]

I went back to the same target and checked out the clearance. I wrote down what I saw this time. They have a lot of PC games, but only a few good ones. Here's what I found:

City of Heroes $27.98
Men of Valor $20.98
Delta Force Black Hawk down: Team Sabre $13.98
Warlords Battlecry III $13.98
Myst 4 Revelation (with Myst 3 included) $27.98
Joint Operations: Escalation Expansion Pack $20.98
Monster Garage $13.98
Tonka Construction PC Play Pack $13.98
Tarzan Activity Center $6.98
Rapala Pro Fishing $13.98
Alexander $20.98
Chris Sayer's Locomotion $20.98
UT2k4 (PC-CDROM version) $27.98
Scrapland $27.98
Neverwinter Nights: Hords of the Underdark $13.98
Lords of the Realm III $13.98
Polar Express $13.98

I also saw two of thos DK bongos for $30. I wasn't sure if those were a good deal or not. They still have a few copies of siren, FM4, and psi-ops. This was at the target off of Maplecrest and Stellhorn.
Did any Fort Wayne CAGs get to the Target on the southside of town before it closed? I couldn't justify the trip when there's nothing else at all down there.

The Target in Wilsonville, OR has at least 50 copies of NBA Live 2004 for PS2 at 7.48. They were $14.98 last week and I don't think they sold any at that price. What I'm wondering about is how useful this is for Gamerush trade fodder? I traded one in a few months ago and got $8 for it I think. If it fetches $13 with the bonus next week I might get a few to mix in with the other items I have. Also, maybe it will go to $4.98 next week!

Went to Target in Bangor, ME yesterday.

I remember:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GameCube) - $5.00

PS1 Dual Shock Controller - $5.00

GameCube Starter Kit (251 Memory card, controller, and extension) - $6! Grabbed one for myself. Incredible deal on these.

Canon Pixma iP3000 Printer - $48. Also grabbed one of these for myself. Prints really nice photots from my digital camera.

GBA Cases (pack of 5) - $1.50

Xbox Extension Cords - $1.20

A bunch of random shit like phones and what-not. Didn't notice anything spectacular.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='BlaseDeviant']Has anyone seen Disgaea marked down?[/quote]

Has anyone seen Disgaea at Target? :mrgreen:[/quote]

Nope, never.

psi ops - mindgate conspiracy (ps2)

13.48 or something around that...13 bucks and change...

at the triangle town center target in raleigh, NC

i didnt buy it, but i think it's a good deal

[quote name='Drico']
Canon Pixma iP3000 Printer - $48. Also grabbed one of these for myself. Prints really nice photots from my digital camera.

[/quote]

Got one for myself today. Saw it earlier for $70.

My old Epson was giving me a headache everytime I was printing in XP. Finally the pain is gone O:)

Interesting Target find: Browsing through games I found Kingdom Hearts (PS2) (Original) next to GH version. $20 not GH version was a steal!

Friend called me this morning to let me know that they just dropped the stuff that has previously gone clearance to 75% off. Their store had one E-Reader Bundle left, and after the 75%, it was ringing up at around $17. Man, that's a hell of a deal all things considering, but since I already have an SP, I didn't have it picked up for me. The only things left at this point out of the last wave of clearance titles were sports games that I didn't even have named off. Nothing new was added to the clearance list, unfortunately. :(

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Friend called me this morning to let me know that they just dropped the stuff that has previously gone clearance to 75% off. Their store had one E-Reader Bundle left, and after the 75%, it was ringing up at around $17. Man, that's a hell of a deal all things considering, but since I already have an SP, I didn't have it picked up for me. The only things left at this point out of the last wave of clearance titles were sports games that I didn't even have named off. Nothing new was added to the clearance list, unfortunately. :([/quote]

i might run over to the one here locally and see if they dropped to 75% off will be back in hour to see if i can grab anything for trades

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Friend called me this morning to let me know that they just dropped the stuff that has previously gone clearance to 75% off. Their store had one E-Reader Bundle left, and after the 75%, it was ringing up at around $17. Man, that's a hell of a deal all things considering, but since I already have an SP, I didn't have it picked up for me. The only things left at this point out of the last wave of clearance titles were sports games that I didn't even have named off. Nothing new was added to the clearance list, unfortunately. :([/quote]

Man, to me, that's the perfect price for a 2nd GBA and e-reader. While my cost ($37.50 for a new GBA and used e-Reader) was good, I knew it wasn't truly cheapass.

I wonder if the 75% off means that any remaining Xbox live cards are only $12 or so ....

Target's clearance electronics are in the electronics dept. My Targets have one section for software and another for hardware, but software often ends up in with the hardware. The hardware one is typically an aisle endcap, while the software one is usually tucked away with the media -- in my experience, it's usually hidden somewhere nearer to the books than to the games and DVDs.

[quote name='slidecage']i think the 75%off i just some stores the stores here are still only 50%[/quote]

Target does vary a little bit on their clearance. It doesn't always drop on the same day, either, so while I see people on here claiming that Monday is the day, that's not always the case. Some stores work one day ahead of schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back