Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RPGamer246']2 stores by me (edison and south plInfield nj) ringing up $119[/QUOTE]

Same here man I was there last night and I saw at least one for each platform at every target i went to. I went to four targets and made a day of buying games.

My store is listed online as not carried at the location the ACLE in the store, yet there is a copy there ringing up at full price >.>

[quote name='jonnysniper']So decided to stop by my Target and I happened to find Assassins Creed III LE..but for a CRAZYYY PRICE!

$9.06
I tried to resize pic but it blurs the price so i just put it in spoiler
JT8skQp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jonnysniper']I see. Well Regardless I'm Extremely happy to have nabbed it. Thanks ChunLi![/QUOTE]

:shock: A bop-wabba-loo-BOPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!:whee:

YW!

There were 8 Sims 3 3DS that have been sitting on the clearance shelf for ages. Nobody's buying them even at $2.98 each! Finally decided to snag all of them with the B2G1 promo :)

[quote name='nsanchez1']Did anyone see MW3 Xbox 360 bundles at any end caps? I saw some but rang out full price. Canton MI area[/QUOTE]
My store has the MW3 Bundle and the Star Wars Bundle on temporary price cut for $299.99 each.

All I found on clearance was Pokemon Soulsilver $19.98 and NBA2K12 today.

[quote name='htz'] Pokemon Soulsilver $19.98[/QUOTE]

Scanned price? I got 3 of those, for $11.98 each, some weeks or so ago.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Scanned price? I got 3 of those, for $11.98 each, some weeks or so ago.[/QUOTE]
Yep, scanned price.

Jealous of you guys finding soul silver bundles...missed out on ones here at school and couldnt find any at like the 6 Targets I went to back in socal.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I haven't seen anything worth a damn in the DFW area in so long. Any other DFW/North Texas CAG's have any luck in a while?[/QUOTE]

Nothing in awhile for me. I check most of the Dallas suburbs (Plano, Richardson, Frisco, Allen and McKinney) and I haven't found squat in months.

[quote name='kevinsutt']Nothing in awhile for me. I check most of the Dallas suburbs (Plano, Richardson, Frisco, Allen and McKinney) and I haven't found squat in months.[/QUOTE]

Super Target in Plano (DNT & Park) & McKinney (121 & Custer) both had a price error for Sonic Racing 2 on the 3DS for $9 (regular price's $30) a few weeks ago. I snagged all 5 at both locations then flipped them at GS (with 60% bonus trade-in & PowerUp Pro at the time) for my InJustice: Battle edition pre-order.

BTW, even delaying the release until last month (other versions were released in Nov.), the game's meh compared to other console versions.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Super Target in Plano (DNT & Park) & McKinney (121 & Custer) both had a price error for Sonic Racing 2 on the 3DS for $9 (regular price's $30) a few weeks ago. I snagged all 5 at both locations then flipped them at GS (with 60% bonus trade-in & PowerUp Pro at the time) for my InJustice: Battle edition pre-order.

BTW, even delaying the release until last month (other versions were released in Nov.), the game's meh compared to other console versions.[/QUOTE]

I like the picture.

I was able to find a 360 assassins creed collectors edition for $36. It still had a msrp shelf tag and rang up item not found. Was able to get it for last price. Lucky they never marked it so it sat there the whole time.

[quote name='elessar123']OT, but there's also Pho King, Pho Kim Long, Pho Sho....[/QUOTE]

Pho Q will be in my heart forever. I think it's an actual place, too.

Found 5 Sims 3 3DS. Grabbed 3 for $6. I was tempted(but didn't) to go back and get the other 2(since it would have been $2.98 for the 2) when they, easily, price matched Uncharted 2 GOTY at $5.98.

[quote name='salty tbone']I was able to find a 360 assassins creed collectors edition for $36. It still had a msrp shelf tag and rang up item not found. Was able to get it for last price. Lucky they never marked it so it sat there the whole time.[/QUOTE]

what part of PA? I didn't know this was dropping at the moment... just saw one today when I was out with my girlfriend

[quote name='MasaTFC']what part of PA? I didn't know this was dropping at the moment... just saw one today when I was out with my girlfriend[/QUOTE]

curious as well

[quote name='MasaTFC']what part of PA? I didn't know this was dropping at the moment... just saw one today when I was out with my girlfriend[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kovorkian']curious as well[/QUOTE]

Reading.

If you were out at the Waterfront don't worry about going back. I saw it this afternoon when I was out there and it scanned full price.

[quote name='electricsleep']If you were out at the Waterfront don't worry about going back. I saw it this afternoon when I was out there and it scanned full price.[/QUOTE]

ha! should have checked here I guess, went this morning!

maybe this deal will trickle over from the east to west side of the state, so kovorkian, electric sheep and I can get it as well:drool:

[quote name='MasaTFC']ha! should have checked here I guess, went this morning!

maybe this deal will trickle over from the east to west side of the state, so kovorkian, electric sheep and I can get it as well:drool:[/QUOTE]

I'm central so if it trickles I'll get it first :p

[quote name='MasaTFC']ha! should have checked here I guess, went this morning!

maybe this deal will trickle over from the east to west side of the state, so kovorkian, electric sheep and I can get it as well:drool:[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'm still waiting for Tekken for the Wii U to hit clearance at the North Huntingdon Target. It's one of the few stores still carrying it, and it's still full price. I go just about every day and check the DCPI, but nothing yet (I live two blocks from there, so I'm usually already there for something anyways)...

[quote name='Kovorkian']I'm central so if it trickles I'll get it first :p[/QUOTE]

nobody likes it when others brag yo
;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Hell, I'm still waiting for Tekken for the Wii U to hit clearance at the North Huntingdon Target. It's one of the few stores still carrying it, and it's still full price. I go just about every day and check the DCPI, but nothing yet (I live two blocks from there, so I'm usually already there for something anyways)...[/QUOTE]

man you post here if you find that. I am starting to think that was a fluke, although the east and north side targets don't even have it anymore so what do I know?

[quote name='MasaTFC']nobody likes it when others brag yo
;)

man you post here if you find that. I am starting to think that was a fluke, although the east and north side targets don't even have it anymore so what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Same with Greensburg. If it drops, I'll let you know (after I get one for myself ;))

my turn for a lucky day, picked up an AC3 LE for 9.06. AS IS because it was marked as 'not sold in this store', so they took the last clearance price of another store or something and gave it the as is discount? I dunno. Pretty happy though.

[quote name='handsomepete']my turn for a lucky day, picked up an AC3 LE for 9.06. AS IS because it was marked as 'not sold in this store', so they took the last clearance price of another store or something and gave it the as is discount? I dunno. Pretty happy though.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's an extremely good deal!

I ended up finding a Ratchet & Clank FFA some days ago. Finally found it and it's no longer on clearance. Oh well, only wanted it for the unreleased/mythical Vita version, anyway.

[quote name='handsomepete']my turn for a lucky day, picked up an AC3 LE for 9.06. AS IS because it was marked as 'not sold in this store', so they took the last clearance price of another store or something and gave it the as is discount? I dunno. Pretty happy though.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

Maybe if I take my $35.98 one back and let it sit there for a while, they'll drop it to $9.06? :D J/K! Lol!

Congrats!

Everything is FULL MSRP. No more clearance accepted 10 copies plus Sims 3 (3DS) $3 at Lees summit, Missouri. Will waits till May or June for more clearance ;)

[quote name='tokyostomp']west covina target has ac3 le ringing up at 119.99[/QUOTE]

don't ask me why, but i read west covina and had flashbacks to ...
" iiiinnnnn West philadelphiaaaaa, born and raised....."

OT: a Tucson target had the 360 AC3:LE still 119.99 tho.. one on Grant Rd in case anyone wants to continue to check... (only ps3 gamer here so no competition from me)

[quote name='RaysGame']AC3 LE is still $119.99 at my local store but I did find an AS-IS copy of
iconps3.gif
Portal 2 for $2.26 :D
cam001742.jpg

cam001742.jpg
[/QUOTE]

So you caught a physical PS3 copy *and* Steam copy of a great game for less than a value meal. Very nice.

Guys, it really is not worth posting *AS IS* purchases. 99 percent of the time an *AS IS* item is an online only item returned to the store, which means it isn't even an YMMV situation.

[quote name='Solomon87']Guys, it really is not worth posting *AS IS* purchases. 99 percent of the time an *AS IS* item is an online only item returned to the store, which means it isn't even an YMMV situation.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think AS IS is used most often for things that time forgot - stuff that was found in the stockroom that's not on file anymore - online returns almost always get the ONLINE ITEM tag, and opened in-store returns may get REPACKAGED.

Sometimes AS IS stuff shows up at multiple stores (Bioshock 2 was the last one I can think of late last year). It's certainly more unusual, but especially during a lull I don't think it hurts if people want to report them.

my Target really has nothing for game clearance. A few Vita copies (or maybe 3DS) of FIFA 13 for $27.98 and 4 copies of Singularity for the 360 that are also $27.98 and have literally been there a year.

[quote name='handsomepete']Actually I think AS IS is used most often for things that time forgot - stuff that was found in the stockroom that's not on file anymore - online returns almost always get the ONLINE ITEM tag, and opened in-store returns may get REPACKAGED.

Sometimes AS IS stuff shows up at multiple stores (Bioshock 2 was the last one I can think of late last year). It's certainly more unusual, but especially during a lull I don't think it hurts if people want to report them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Whether I find the same deal or not.

I think some Target stores use whatever stickers they want, whenever they want. Just like when a number of us were finding Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for $10.06, some months back. I think they were marked Online Item.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I agree. Whether I find the same deal or not.

I think some Target stores use whatever stickers they want, whenever they want. Just like when a number of us were finding Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance for $10.06, some months back. I think they were marked Online Item.[/QUOTE]

That had something to do with the UPC being messed up or something iirc.

[quote name='GamerDude316']...4 copies of Singularity for the 360 that are also $27.98 and have literally been there a year.[/QUOTE]

YES, it's not just my Target! :roll:

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']YES, it's not just my Target! :roll:[/QUOTE]
Same at several of mine. That and some Fifa DS game for 27.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']YES, it's not just my Target! :roll:[/QUOTE]

single copy similar price as-is, havent seen any other copies in store. I believe my store does that with games so they don't go super low.

I found lone copies of Powerup Heroes $14.98 before tax, and Heroes of Ruin(repackaged) $21.09 before tax. I thought someone mentioned how they wanted it on one of these threads. I have no use for Heroes of Ruin so if someone wants to trade it; buy it from me, send me a PM. I also found a few miscellaneous cables, but nothing really noteworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back