Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Those are some huge images! Must be reflective of the savings. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, posted from my phone in store. I thought the website automatically resized them now?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Those are some huge images! Must be reflective of the savings. ;)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You quoted the pics?

[quote name='Malik112099']Sorry, posted from my phone in store. I thought the website automatically resized them now?[/QUOTE]

I thought the site did that as well. I use an external site for hosting photos. I'll post the link of the page once I find it. I quoted the picture, and....Anyways let me find that site for you.

ive been to many targets here on ct, and all clearance sections are small (sometimes non existent) and the prices are higher than anything in the amazon warehouse.

instead of promising price matching, how about target get off their lazy asses and adjust prices themselves.

it's not worth waiting in line for an unenthused customer service person to match a price, when it takes a couple clicks and a couple day's wait?

havent bought a game at target or walmart in...(wait have i ever?) gamestop has better deals than both of them lol

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I thought the site did that as well. I use an external site for hosting photos. I'll post the link of the page once I find it. I quoted the picture, and....Anyways let me find that site for you.[/QUOTE]

You can host pics on this site? I use imgur.com

[quote name='fac ownage']ive been to many targets here on ct, and all clearance sections are small (sometimes non existent) and the prices are higher than anything in the amazon warehouse.

instead of promising price matching, how about target get off their lazy asses and adjust prices themselves.

it's not worth waiting in line for an unenthused customer service person to match a price, when it takes a couple clicks and a couple day's wait?

havent bought a game at target or walmart in...(wait have i ever?) gamestop has better deals than both of them lol[/QUOTE]

Ive snagged a few good deals. Right place at the right time. I check on the 2 AC3 LEs every other day. Show me where else you can get that for $35 or even $9 brand new in the box? Its clearance for a reason. There aren't tons of copies.

My local Target has finally brought down the AC3 CE down to 99.98. If it lasts another year, I might get the price everybody else is reporting.

AC III is still $120 at the stores near me. Went to the price scanner and it rung up as item not found and I got a bit excited. Tracked down a CS with a gun and it came up regular price. Bummer. Other than that, the only games they had were MLB 2K12 and The Show 12 for $15. Had a couple copies of the Homefront guide for $5 and a bunch of car USB chargers.

[quote name='JP73']Got a nice score today with Mario Strikers Charged for the Wii for $1.47[/QUOTE]

That game is so rigged but nice score

[quote name='TheHelix']That game is so rigged but nice score[/QUOTE]

That game has such a rubberband AI, it was really frustrating trying to get into it.

[quote name='fac ownage']ive been to many targets here on ct, and all clearance sections are small (sometimes non existent) and the prices are higher than anything in the amazon warehouse.

havent bought a game at target or walmart in...(wait have i ever?) gamestop has better deals than both of them lol[/QUOTE]
They update clearance every week here, sometimes twice. I've never bought a retail game there, but if you find the right clearance drops, they can be big steals.

Gamestop very rarely has better deals these days.

Hey, also from CT.

I can tell you from experience I hit up the Manchester, Meriden and other targets for clearance. I haven't been to one in a few months, but from experience shit is gone before it hits that final markdown stage. They had Metal Gear Solid Collections around $20ish in Manchester and when I checked for the next round of mark downs they were gone. I'm talking Monday just when I left for work around 3pm, shit was gone that fast.

Only "deal" I scored in the last two years was SF X Tekken Collectors/Special edition for $28. I had a feeling the only reason no one bought them was because they were spider wrapped and the boxes were dented. Other then that the inside contents were fine so I bought one.

I'm sure a few people in CT do re-selling for a hobby because clearance goes fast at my Targets.

I keep an eye on this thread every few days to see some sort of amazing deal for me to drive to Target but haven't seen any. A majority of my shopping is done on Amazon because of my rewards so I don't pay for about half the games I own lately.

Mario Strikers for $2 wasn't a good find. That game is full of anger, frustration, and straight up computer cheating. That game has about the cheatingest (yes, I know that is not a real word) AI or any game I have ever played.

you have a lot to learn:roll:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Hey, also from CT.

I can tell you from experience I hit up the Manchester, Meriden and other targets for clearance. I haven't been to one in a few months, but from experience shit is gone before it hits that final markdown stage. They had Metal Gear Solid Collections around $20ish in Manchester and when I checked for the next round of mark downs they were gone. I'm talking Monday just when I left for work around 3pm, shit was gone that fast.

Only "deal" I scored in the last two years was SF X Tekken Collectors/Special edition for $28. I had a feeling the only reason no one bought them was because they were spider wrapped and the boxes were dented. Other then that the inside contents were fine so I bought one.

I'm sure a few people in CT do re-selling for a hobby because clearance goes fast at my Targets.

I keep an eye on this thread every few days to see some sort of amazing deal for me to drive to Target but haven't seen any. A majority of my shopping is done on Amazon because of my rewards so I don't pay for about half the games I own lately.[/QUOTE]

I'm also from CT. I sometimes visit the Southington store on my way home from work and occasionally the new britain store on weekends. I cant say ive seen any great clearance stuff lately, but i dont really go all too often. I have seen some used games on the shelves now, which i never expected to see.

Not a deal but I thought it was pretty funny

photo-1_zps27ca71ae.jpg

[quote name='coopscohen']Not a deal but I thought it was pretty funny[/QUOTE]

lol, should have asked if you could buy it for the original price.

I suggest you guys check those AC3 LE for XB360 sadly got shafted on 2 of them due to them coming up as not sold in the store. Argued with CS and the Electronics person to check their last discount price. They said we can't do that we have to send them back to the warehouse or even donate them. So i don't know if that bolds well for an CAGS who are aiming for these. DCPI for them are a few pages back i believe. I checked the site don't even see them coming up so don't know. Diff checked the PS3 version which still rang up as $119.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Spartacus Blood & Sand Blu-ray 11.26 (as is)
download.jpg

Vizio 42' LCD Smart HDTV $225 (return, rebuy)
482791_10200948082647535_644079628_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That kinda looks like the media center cabinet I got from that Best Buy deal!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']That kinda looks like the media center cabinet I got from that Best Buy deal![/QUOTE]

Link to media center?

It looks like it has a sliding glass door and I'm looking for one. How much was it when it was on sale?

[quote name='Chedeng88']Link to media center?

It looks like it has a sliding glass door and I'm looking for one. How much was it when it was on sale?[/QUOTE]

It was a clearance item last year and is long gone. I had an ordeal just getting one. I think it was around $22.

[quote name='sp00ge']It was a clearance item last year and is long gone. I had an ordeal just getting one. I think it was around $40.[/QUOTE]

$20-ish

[quote name='Chedeng88']Link to media center?

It looks like it has a sliding glass door and I'm looking for one. How much was it when it was on sale?[/QUOTE]

Don't remember what it's called, but it was like $20 or $22. Luckily, it was easy for me to find.

Ohhh, ok. It was $20.99. Had to do a fancy Google search. Here's some info:
http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320462&page=181

And, ohhhhhhh!!!!! That IS the stand!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't remember what it's called, but it was like $20 or $22. Luckily, it was easy for me to find.

And, ohhhhhhh!!!!! That is the stand![/QUOTE]

Completely random, but is your "lolli lover" status in reference to the Electric Company "I lick a lolli" skit? Sorry, if no.

OT: I picked up Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for $7 @ my target.

[quote name='breakfuss']Completely random, but is your "lolli lover" status in reference to the Electric Company "I love a lolli" skit? Sorry, if no.

OT: I picked up Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance for $7 @ my target.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what that is! Lol!

And, was that clearance? When I found them, a while back, I think they were listed as Online Item and for $10.06.

Checked a few stores within the last month or so and they are back to full price.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Don't know what that is! Lol!
[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUHETDR4N7A

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']

And, was that clearance? When I found them, a while back, I think they were listed as Online Item and for $10.06.

Checked a few stores within the last month or so and they are back to full price. I would try that out, especially at that price![/QUOTE]

Yeah, was tagged as "online item".

[quote name='breakfuss']
Yeah, was tagged as "online item".[/QUOTE]

O.M.F.G.:headache::shock::cry::error::censored: :oldman: :bomb::cold::whistle2:s:dunce::???::evil::whistle2:#

Barely made it 10 seconds. Self-TORTUREDDDDDD myself to 1 minute.

And, thanks for the game answer! Gonna go recycle my pupils now.

Edit:Just fell on the floor laughing!!!!!!!! Don't know when the last time I laughed so hard! Thanks! I might finish that vid......someday!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']$20-ish

Don't remember what it's called, but it was like $20 or $22. Luckily, it was easy for me to find.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you must have quoted me before I edited my post. It was 21.99 for me. I had to got through my RZ history until I found it. What a PITA that was.

CD/DVD CABINET - ESPRESSO 1 9248655 $21.99 $21.99

[quote name='The Punisher']like always no good clearance.
Saw a AC3 LE and scan it was $119.99. When is it going to drop?[/QUOTE]
At least you saw one, now you need to check on that sucker since one CAG got it for under ten bucks.

[quote name='TooPoor']At least you saw one, now you need to check on that sucker since one CAG got it for under ten bucks.[/QUOTE]

that had to be a mistake. That like one in a million shot, but great find for $10.

Yeah don't know if that 1 random store was getting rid of them or what. Either way it might be on its way out? I'll check my local targets to see what the verdict is.

2 CAGS got the AC3 LE for $9.06/AS IS.

[quote name='jonnysniper']So decided to stop by my Target and I happened to find Assassins Creed III LE..but for a CRAZYYY PRICE!

$9.06
I tried to resize pic but it blurs the price so i just put it in spoiler
JT8skQp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='handsomepete']my turn for a lucky day, picked up an AC3 LE for 9.06. AS IS because it was marked as 'not sold in this store', so they took the last clearance price of another store or something and gave it the as is discount? I dunno. Pretty happy though.[/QUOTE]

Found an unusual 80% off tag move powerup heroes, but price was $7.54 which is even more than 80% off $49.99. Not sure how that happened, and this is a store that doesn't usually clearance much.

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Spartacus Blood & Sand Blu-ray 11.26 (as is)
download.jpg

Vizio 42' LCD Smart HDTV $225 (return, rebuy)
482791_10200948082647535_644079628_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, what a great score! I would have loved to bought them both.. Anything wrong with the TV so far?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']$20-ish

And, ohhhhhhh!!!!! That IS the stand![/QUOTE]

I can't believe I missed that deal! That's a steal for that price! I need one badly as my blu-rays and games are overflowing from the ottomans I'm storing them in lol!

[quote name='StealOfADeal']WTF is this? ... Seriously... WTF is this?? I need a backstory... and therapy.[/QUOTE]

It appears it's from the 70's so I'm pretty sure you're supposed to watch it on mushrooms.

Fry Rd and I-10 in Houston today was pretty lame for video games. Only NHL 12 :ps3: for 19.98 and MLB 2K12 :ps3: for 8.98.

Did pick up an "As Is" Portlandia S1 and S2 DVD set for 5.06. They had 2. If anyone wants one, there was one left.

It was the Electric Company on public television. Came on after sesame street and Mister Rogers. Had a young Morgan Freeman and Rita Morena. If you watch Family guy and they have those siloettes singing stuff like "b" "utton" "button" thats the electric company. Look up thier spiderman skits. Thats what us old cags had to look forward to as far as live action super heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back