Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just checked a target near work. Ac3 CE is still 119.99 and batman AC (both editions) are not on clearance. Regular edition is 29.99 and Goty is 19.99.

However, targets website is out of stock of the GOTY and hopefully this will force the stores to make it hit clearance. Will check other targets later.

Saw Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3) for $6 today and a bunch of Wii shovelware. Fifa Soccer 13 (3DS) was $11 I think too.

Just a bunch of candy for me today also. Almost picked up the show 12 for $8.98 but decided against it. I'll just wait for 13 to hit $15 or so.

My local store has had a LE Assassin's Creed III sitting on shelf since launch. It was $119.99 when I was there early last week; today, I noticed that there was no longer a price listed on shelf. The sales associate tried to look it up, but the item was no longer in the system. Eventually, a manager got involved and tried calling a few other other stores, but to no avail. I showed her the photo with the $9 clearance price, and she basically laughed in my face! Still, she did end up marking it down to $41.99.

[quote name='Ahkward']Saw Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3) for $6 today and a bunch of Wii shovelware. Fifa Soccer 13 (3DS) was $11 I think too.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $5.98 tonight. Not a bad price. I've been looking for a cheap shooter too :)

There's a store in my area that has it listed at 120 still. I was thinking about having them scan it. Can I get the pic of the clearance saying it was at $9? The Target guys in my area are pretty cool and could probably PM it for me. x3

Just found a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 vita on clearance today for $19.99. Not a huge sale by any means but is this a common thing now? Are vita games commonly found on clearance?

Saw a lone MW3 Xbox 360 bundle for $325. Thought about it for a sec, but decided not to since I already have an elite and a Star Wars edition (got bundle on clearance last year at Kmart for $300).

[quote name='Pasicho']Just found a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 vita on clearance today for $19.99. Not a huge sale by any means but is this a common thing now? Are vita games commonly found on clearance?[/QUOTE]

Was 11.xx at Best Buy on Clearance.

This would be the 3rd game I know of on Clearance for the Vita at Target.

• Little Deviants
  • Fifa Soccer
  • Ninja Sigma Plus

Edit: Also Reality Fighters? I don't remember if that went on Clearance as well.

[quote name='notung']My local store has had a LE Assassin's Creed III sitting on shelf since launch. It was $119.99 when I was there early last week; today, I noticed that there was no longer a price listed on shelf. The sales associate tried to look it up, but the item was no longer in the system. Eventually, a manager got involved and tried calling a few other other stores, but to no avail. I showed her the photo with the $9 clearance price, and she basically laughed in my face! Still, she did end up marking it down to $41.99.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. Still had shelf tags at mine.

(Wish this was the case for the original Batman AC I had found at the Target near my work.)

[quote name='notung']My local store has had a LE Assassin's Creed III sitting on shelf since launch. It was $119.99 when I was there early last week; today, I noticed that there was no longer a price listed on shelf. The sales associate tried to look it up, but the item was no longer in the system. Eventually, a manager got involved and tried calling a few other other stores, but to no avail. I showed her the photo with the $9 clearance price, and she basically laughed in my face! Still, she did end up marking it down to $41.99.[/QUOTE]

(Wish this was the case for the original Batman AC I had found at the Target near my work.)

Grabbed Fifa Soccer Vita/AS IS for $2.26. Not Fifa 13 or anything, just "Fifa Soccer". Figured it was too cheap NOT to get.

Saw:

:360:
Cars 2/$5.98/207-22-1100
(Kinect)Cabela's Adventure Camp/$8.98/207-22-0838
(Kinect)Hole In The Wall Deluxe Edition/$8.98/207-22-0651

:ps3:
MLB 2K12/$8.98/207-24-0923

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Grabbed Fifa Soccer Vita/AS IS for $2.26. Not Fifa 13 or anything, just "Fifa Soccer". Figured it was too cheap NOT to get.

[/QUOTE]

Would be a decent flip to GS at that price.

Otherwise, isn't it terrible on the handheld with glitchy play?

I never bothered cracking open to play the one I picked up, just flipped it with DBZ Kinect and Sims 3ds. Got around 35 for it. (Didn't apply it towards anything)

[quote name='Gameboy415']No new games on clearance but I picked up a metric crap-ton of Easter candy today. :)[/QUOTE]

Lol, you will be when you eat it all.

Saw the following today:

:360: Kinect Sports Season 2 - $8.98
:360: Cabela's Adventure Camp - $8.98
:360: Hole In The Wall Deluxe Edition - $8.98

Lowest price this afternoon for Hole In the Wall at fleaBay was $45, but of course the flippers got wind of this and is now down to sub $20 lol.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Was 11.xx at Best Buy on Clearance.

This would be the 3rd game I know of on Clearance for the Vita at Target.

• Little Deviants
  • Fifa Soccer
  • Ninja Sigma Plus

Edit: Also Reality Fighters? I don't remember if that went on Clearance as well.

(Wish this was the case for the original Batman AC I had found at the Target near my work.)[/QUOTE]

I remember a few CAGs reported finding Lumines Electronic Symphony on clearance as well, but that was a while ago.

[quote name='suwillgetu']I remember a few CAGs reported finding Lumines Electronic Symphony on clearance as well, but that was a while ago.[/QUOTE]

True, I never was lucky to find that one. I actually don't recall seeing it ever for regular price either tho. (Maybe it was hidden somewhere in the electronics section - they do have odd placements of games sometimes near me.)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Would be a decent flip to GS at that price.

Otherwise, isn't it terrible on the handheld with glitchy play?

I never bothered cracking open to play the one I picked up, just flipped it with DBZ Kinect and Sims 3ds. Got around 35 for it. (Didn't apply it towards anything)[/QUOTE]

Ooo... Thanks for the tip! Gonna look into that. I only grabbed it because it was cheap! Not sure about it being glitchy.

Saw a bunch of Baseball games as well as Pokemon Styli and an Epic Mickey 3DS case and paintbrush stylus (this one's pretty cool) on the clearance aisle today. No Kingdom Hearts for me sadly. :( Forgot to jot down prices, sorry but they weren't that much of a drop. The Epic Mickey case was like $13, and the Pokemon Stylus were $8-ish.

^Dang it! Forgot to check on Kingdom Hearts! Sometimes they leave games in the cases. That got me those Soul Silver bundles(game and Pokewalker) for $11.98.

Whether clearance or as is, I check the cases anyway.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']^Dang it! Forgot to check on Kingdom Hearts! Sometimes they leave games in the cases. That got me those Soul Silver bundles(game and Pokewalker) for $11.98.

Whether clearance or as is, I check the cases anyway.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I saw one in the case but it was listed at 35. I should have just had it checked anyway. ;~; Hopefully no one grabs it by tomorrow.

Found these today, passed on them cause I would never get around to playing them.

:ps3: Saints Row the Third Full Package - $15
:ps3: Rayman Origins - $6

Had pictures as proof here, but they stopped working

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namurashi']Crap, I saw one in the case but it was listed at 35. I should have just had it checked anyway. ;~; Hopefully no one grabs it by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be very specific. As there was an issue with the UPC when it first came out.

This has now been fixed AFAIK, so that is definitely a less common thing to find now.

South Brunswick, NJ:

[207-00-0056] Turtle Beach Ear Force Foxtrot headset $59.99 -> $41.98

:wii: :wiiu:
[207-00-0219] Epic Mickey Paintbrush $29.99 -> $20.98
[207-26-0874] WWE '12 $29.99 -> $8.98

:360:
[207-22-0709] Game of Thrones $59.99 -> $17.98
[207-22-0206] Kinect Sports S2 $29.99 -> $8.98

:ps3:
[207-24-0423] Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock band bundle $124.99 -> $37.48
[207-24-0441] Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 bundle $59.99 -> $17.98

:ipad:
[057-00-1462] Atari Arcade $49.99 -> $34.98
[057-00-1548] Duo Pinball $59.99 -> $41.98

Saw The Sims 3: Pets for PS3 for $6 I think. They rang up as $20. I think the lady at the register though I peeled the stickers off of some other game and put them on there. She wouldn't process the transaction because the code on the clearance sticker didn't match the game. I just checked and all the clearance stickers that I saw have the same code... Oh well.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Saw The Sims 3: Pets for PS3 for $6 I think. They rang up as $20. I think the lady at the register though I peeled the stickers off of some other game and put them on there. She wouldn't process the transaction because the code on the clearance sticker didn't match the game. I just checked and all the clearance stickers that I saw have the same code... Oh well.[/QUOTE]

If they have more than 1 copy tag different Sku # for low price. They mistake and they should honor you the price.

[quote name='Namurashi']Crap, I saw one in the case but it was listed at 35. I should have just had it checked anyway. ;~; Hopefully no one grabs it by tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

How much were they going for before? The search bar isn't working for me.

[quote name='Masterkyo']If they have more than 1 copy tag different Sku # for low price. They mistake and they should honor you the price.[/QUOTE]

There were at least a few of them that I picked up to get. I'm pretty sure that they're going to put them back on the shelf later or something anyway.

I am so checking Target tomorrow. For the past 2 weeks there has been nothing but mlb and fifa. Some of these finds have potential.

[quote name='wugenius']Target clearances have sucked lately for me. Really wants that taken tag 2. Nothing but iPhone cases at my stores.[/QUOTE]

I have a copy if you want one, we can meet up one day.

Still looking for a deal on the AC 3 LE. I have all the other limited edition versions and I'm just waiting for a deal on this one.

[quote name='20Grand']Found these today, passed on them cause I would never get around to playing them.

:ps3: Saints Row the Third Full Package - $15
:ps3: Rayman Origins - $6

[/QUOTE]

The hunt is afoot!

Hmm... I see nothing I'd bite on, but enough marked down that I feel bad for not going out on the prowl yesterday. I'll be sure to fix that tonight and report on what I discover.

Just grabbed Tiger Woods 12 (PS3) for $8.xx. Also saw BF:BC2 (PS3), Rayman Origins, Hole in the Wall o_O (360), and some other Kinect Adventures or what-not game for $5.xx each. Almost bit on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock full band bundle (PS3) marked $37.xx, but decided I didn't want (or need) more plastic instruments.

So I found the kh version that is an online item return. The UPC is 662248912400.

However the copy I found was in the case without the online item return sticker with the regular copies. :(

Also possibly distinguished by the limited edition at cards sticker on the cover.

[quote name='mmartigan2']Picked up ThunderCats for the DS for 5.98 last night.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know this existed but I will be looking for it now. I was in TRU the other day with my son and could not believe that some of the great Thundercats toys were on clearance.

Whoever goes to the Target I went to last is going to be quite happy. I took their entire Clearance section for electronics and organized it. There were like 50 games clearanced out and they're now organized by system. Unfortunately I took most of the better games, but there are still plenty of $6-9 games there for the people who are looking for older sports titles. I think there are like 40 games left. Wish I could've taken a picture for you guys so you'd know what items were recently clearanced.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']Whoever goes to the Target I went to last is going to be quite happy. I took their entire Clearance section for electronics and organized it. There were like 50 games clearanced out and they're now organized by system. Unfortunately I took most of the better games, but there are still plenty of $6-9 games there for the people who are looking for older sports titles. I think there are like 40 games left. Wish I could've taken a picture for you guys so you'd know what items were recently clearanced.[/QUOTE]

When are people EVER looking for older sports titles? lol

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']When are people EVER looking for older sports titles? lol[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind NFL 2k5
or MLB The Show '11 or '12

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back