Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a few new ones
DCPI are in the Images within the Spoilers

Amazing Spider Man WII U $27.98
OEA4WUS.jpg
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity 3DS $17.48
V4IabF6.jpg
3DS Marvel Shirt Cover Captain America $4.18
2G2ABjJ.jpg
3DS Marvel Shirt Cover Iron Man $4.18
Zv8fMPG.jpg
Zone of the Enders HD Collections 360 $20.98
ew0xW85.jpg
Doom 3 BFG 360 $20.98
m7qhjwM.jpg
Borderlands 2 Add-On Content Pack 360 $20.98
m7qhjwM.jpg

Last but not least
Bioshock Infinite 360 $29.98
1oDRfES.jpg

Nothing at my Target today games-wise. Was some new movie stuff out though. 2 copies of the Amazing Spiderman LE for $41.98, Signs Blu-Ray for $2.58, and one of the Hell's Kitchen seasons for $5.98.

[quote name='jonnysniper']Found a few new ones
DCPI are in the Images within the Spoilers

Amazing Spider Man WII U $27.98
OEA4WUS.jpg
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity 3DS $17.48
V4IabF6.jpg
3DS Marvel Shirt Cover Captain America $4.18
2G2ABjJ.jpg
3DS Marvel Shirt Cover Iron Man $4.18
Zv8fMPG.jpg
Zone of the Enders HD Collections 360 $20.98
ew0xW85.jpg
Doom 3 BFG 360 $20.98
m7qhjwM.jpg
Borderlands 2 Add-On Content Pack 360 $20.98
m7qhjwM.jpg

Last but not least
Bioshock Infinite 360 $29.98
1oDRfES.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be critical, but I can't find any evidence that anyone has confirmed even a single other store that had the first batch of games you posted on clearance. Either this is an elaborate prank or your local store is somehow out of sync with the entire rest of the Target chain.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't mean to be critical, but I can't find any evidence that anyone has confirmed even a single other store that had the first batch of games you posted on clearance. Either this is an elaborate prank or your local store is somehow out of sync with the entire rest of the Target chain.[/QUOTE]

ha i understand about being skeptical. its the only Target in my area with these prices. Its my Secret goldmine ;). Heres my Receipt if it helps, i wouldnt waste any ones time pulling pranks.
YukDdK5.jpg

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Where in Texas are you!? :hot:

Edit: I see 512 at the bottom. Must be Austin. >.<
Thats so close![/QUOTE]

Haha actually I'm a San Antonio CAG

[quote name='jonnysniper']Haha actually I'm a San Antonio CAG[/QUOTE]

Dang I wish I had your target. I would grab the new pokemon GTI and rebuy bioshock for ps3. :cry:

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Dang I wish I had your target. I would grab the new pokemon GTI and rebuy bioshock for ps3. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better I didn't see any ps3 versions marked down

I can confirm seeing the Amazing Spiderman Wii U on clearance and the pokemon game. Wish they had the Zone Of Enders, though.

Picked up BFBC2 UE PS3 this morning along with a Thundercats DS, $5.98 each. Still no sign of any versions of Tomb Raider (regular or Target exclusive), Bioshock (regular or premium), SR3rd FP, or ZoE HD Collection on clearance. Also saw DCOnline for PS3 on clearance at $14.98, not sure if it's worth it. Is it free to play, and is there any offline game or is it 100% online?

[quote name='yantelope']I hate this thread. Only makes me more bitter when I go to my Target and all they have is 10 copies of MLB 2k12...[/QUOTE]

Agreed... my target has like 10 copies of nhl 12 and the master 12.

Where is your avatar from btw? (Quest for Glory?)

[quote name='yantelope']Yep, love those games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Coincidentally, they are some of my earliest gaming memories as I used to play them with my sister (She is 9 years older than me) on an old computer.

Good times :)

[quote name='karkyco']Picked up BFBC2 UE PS3 this morning along with a Thundercats DS, $5.98 each. Still no sign of any versions of Tomb Raider (regular or Target exclusive), Bioshock (regular or premium), SR3rd FP, or ZoE HD Collection on clearance. Also saw DCOnline for PS3 on clearance at $14.98, not sure if it's worth it. Is it free to play, and is there any offline game or is it 100% online?[/QUOTE]

its free to play this disc is worthless. save the money.

for gods sake people, if you see thundercats ds pick it up and trade me (or I will buy it from you)!

PS3/360 AC3 LE still $120
Nyko Wii nunchucks $7.68
Nyko Wii Wiimotes $16.08
Wii wireless sensor bar $10.48
PS3 DC Universe Online $14.98
PS3 BFBC2UE $5.98
PS3 WWF 12 $8.98
360 Damage Inc $14.98

[quote name='daver16']Definitely saw Thundercats for the DS the other day when I grabbed Rayman but I'll stop by tomorrow and check for you Masa[/QUOTE]

DOOOOOD!

that would be boss. thanks!

[quote name='daver16']Definitely saw Thundercats for the DS the other day when I grabbed Rayman but I'll stop by tomorrow and check for you Masa[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MasaTFC']DOOOOOD!

that would be boss. thanks![/QUOTE]

Love when CAGs help each other out! Remember to pay it forward :)

I hope it's still there and I hope they cleaned up the clearance end cap some the other day it was like playing jenga everything was stacked on top of each other!

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']Picked up PS3 Force Unleashed for 5.98. Most of the stuff I saw a few days ago were wiped out. They did have God of War Collection (1+2) for 8.98[/QUOTE]

I picked up God of War Collection(1-2) today for $8.98. I'm about to purchase a PS3. I've started my PS3 game searching.

Was at the local Super Target today, only saw three games though Fifa and TinTin for 3DS, don't recall their prices and :ps3: DC Universe Online $14.98

[quote name='Nionel']Was at the local Super Target today, only saw three games though Fifa and TinTin for 3DS, don't recall their prices and :ps3: DC Universe Online $14.98[/QUOTE]

DC universe would be just a collectors item now as it is F2P.

It's weird...I went back to the target I got the clearance Kingdom Hearts: Dream Dot Distance from, and it was listed back at the MSRP of 39.99. Strange.

[quote name='breakfuss']It's weird...I went back to the target I got the clearance Kingdom Hearts: Dream Dot Distance from, and it was listed back at the MSRP of 39.99. Strange.[/QUOTE]

It was clearance or Online Item return? The game that came with AR cards has a different UPC and it screwed target over lol.

I went by tonight to look for a few of the games that I saw listed here, no luck. I did run across
Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for the Wii U at $14.98 and a couple wii games like nicktoons baseball, splintercell, abc wipeout, and some kind of vacation game all at $5.98

I found a copy of Battlefield 2 Ultimate :ps3: but I can't see myself ever playing it, so I passed. Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider were both ringing up at regular price. There was a used copy of Bayonetta :360: for $13 that I probably would have gotten if I had a :360:.

[quote name='domon']I found a copy of Battlefield 2 Ultimate :ps3: but I can't see myself ever playing it, so I passed. Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider were both ringing up at regular price. There was a used copy of Bayonetta :360: for $13 that I probably would have gotten if I had a :360:.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am tempted to pick up the used Bayonetta at my Target as well, but I am always too scared to see the condition of its internal stuff and the possibility of huge disappointment.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Yeah I am tempted to pick up the used Bayonetta at my Target as well, but I am always too scared to see the condition of its internal stuff and the possibility of huge disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Would that target happen to be in the middle of a bunch of half made apartments and a mall that died 4 years ago?

[quote name='StryderOmega']It was clearance or Online Item return? The game that came with AR cards has a different UPC and it screwed target over lol.[/QUOTE]

It was tagged as "Online Item Return" when I bought it. Guess that explains it, lol? But what does that even mean?

[quote name='breakfuss']It was tagged as "Online Item Return" when I bought it. Guess that explains it, lol? But what does that even mean?[/QUOTE]

Either means 2 things.

Someone Returned the game. UPC wasn't (still isn't) connected to DPCI. Guest Service looked up the game, then slapped the Online Item discount. (Which is a heavy discount.)

Pricing Team went thru the area, found the game as Invalid Item and slapped it with the Online Item price.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Nope.

Do you live near Rochester NY? Just curious.[/QUOTE]

Other side of the country hahah.

been looking through the clearance at work and it's mostly just portable dvd players and spotted a couple of the DC game. Not much to report. sucks i'm not on the pricing team

[quote name='Link2999']Love when CAGs help each other out! Remember to pay it forward :)[/QUOTE]

dood, I always makesure to pay it forward especially when someone goes out of their way for me to begin with!;)

just stopped at one today, and nothing new was in the end cap. same stuff as last week w/o the weekly drop. guess I will just wait till nextweek for the wii bar.

anybody doubting the awesomeness of bayonetta, don't cheat yourself out of fun! and target used games have a gurantee.

My local Target in Anaheim keeps moving the damn section! They didn't have anything cool, just Lord of the Rings board game $8 and some 3DS Pokémon stylus packs for $5...

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Nothing at my Target I need, but I ran across some God of War Origins collections for like 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Really? I've been waiting for that to go cheap. Do you know the DCPI?

Ya, I just nabbed the regular GOW collection (GOW 1 & 2 in HD) at mine earlier this week. It was $14.98 last week but dropped to $8.98 this week.

Went by our store and all they had was MLB 2012 for $8.98, the same NHL 2013 still stuck at $19.98 and some PS3 dancing game for cheap. And a lot of Pokemon 2-stylus sets.

Pick up FIFA 12 for 3DS for $3. Have not check my local Target for a few weeks. Went today and saw a whole shelf of games. Almost all were just $19.99 games.

Also pick up Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 for $40.

One of the stores near me just has some Wii shovel ware and the Epic Mickey click and paintbrush controllers.

While the other store has no games, but a lot of DS accessories and a ton of DUO controllers for iPad and some Atari iCade's

Went to my Target, found these for $27.98
Castlevania 3DS
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Two) Plus
Dead or Alive +

Found this pretty good title for $12, but I can't remember what it is.
Also found Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for $5.98

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back