Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blabadon']Went to my Target, found these for $27.98
Castlevania 3DS
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (Two) Plus
Dead or Alive +

Found this pretty good title for $12, but I can't remember what it is.
Also found Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for $5.98[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask if all together those were $27, but I guess that'd be too good to be true.

[quote name='breakfuss']I was about to ask if all together those were $27, but I guess that'd be too good to be true.[/QUOTE]

Unforunately not man, unfortunately not.

I found a Fifa 13 for 3DS that was erroneously marked $4.98.

I took it to the register and it rang up as $11.xx.
The lady was very kind and honored the wrong sticker.

Pretty happy to get it for less than five bucks.

Been awhile since i found anything at my targets clearance section. Picked up:
smallville season 2 $5.xx
sims 3 medieval $5.xx
Double feature DVD: Girl next door and just married $1.xx

[quote name='maxpower0965']Been awhile since i found anything at my targets clearance section.[/QUOTE]

Yup pretty slim pickins around my local stops. Best finds were some mini racers+tracksets for 5.xx

VG clearance is really sad. Could be people are beating me to it but think it's the store clamping down on overbuying supply

[quote name='Gideon68']I got DC Universe for $15 for PS3. Is it worth keeping? Is there anyone still playing it?[/QUOTE]

Isnt this game now free to play / free to download? You might wanna take that back...

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Isnt this game now free to play / free to download? You might wanna take that back...[/QUOTE]

I think you get bonus stuff if you paid for a copy or something like that.

Got a PS3 MLB 11 controller for $38.xx. It was hung with the rest of the other controllers and didn't have a clearance sticker. I remembered CAGs talking about getting it on clearance and asked for a price check...there is 1 left at store on San Felipe but the box was slightly beat up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gideon68']I got DC Universe for $15 for PS3. Is it worth keeping? Is there anyone still playing it?[/QUOTE]

It's f2p on PSN. Nothing worth keeping the disk for. Maybe a month of voice chat? Not sure though.
Also the updates will take forever to download. Seems like it takes 40-60 gb of hd space (disk or not) also.

There are a ton of people still playing! :D

And even though the game is free to play, buying a disc copy gets you like a month of the premium membership I believe, which lets you access all of the DLC content for free during that time, as well as having more money and inventory slots.

Is the MLB 11 controller similar to the regular one? I may as well get one since I love the game too.

[quote name='No.']Is the MLB 11 controller similar to the regular one? I may as well get one since I love the game too.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly like a regular controller, just with a different paint job.

[quote name='domon']Got Courage the Cowardly Dog season 1 for $4.66 as an online item. They also had Dexter's Lab but I passed.[/QUOTE]

An online return? Only available online and it's $19 on the site. :whistle2:/

[quote name='MrNEWZ']An online return? Only available online and it's $19 on the site. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

the Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Collection Volume 1 has Courage, Dexter's, Ed Edd and Eddy and Johnny Bravo and its $10 at a lot of stores

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']the Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Collection Volume 1 has Courage, Dexter's, Ed Edd and Eddy and Johnny Bravo and its $10 at a lot of stores[/QUOTE]
just saw this at BB tonight....some of my favorite CN cartoons from early 2000's.

[quote name='ryne candy']Got a PS3 MLB 11 controller for $38.xx. It was hung with the rest of the other controllers and didn't have a clearance sticker. I remembered CAGs talking about getting it on clearance and asked for a price check...there is 1 left at store on San Felipe but the box was slightly beat up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, found two of those at the Green Bay store a couple weeks ago around that price. Was tempted to buy both, but was good and only bought one. :whistle2:D

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']the Cartoon Network Hall of Fame Collection Volume 1 has Courage, Dexter's, Ed Edd and Eddy and Johnny Bravo and its $10 at a lot of stores[/QUOTE]

If I didn't stumble upon them on my Netflix, recently, I'd be hunting that down!!!!!!:bouncy:

Netflix has a TON of Cartoon Cartoon stuff! All those and Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, etc. And, a number of other fantasticalicious cartoons!:applause:

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']If I didn't stumble upon them on my Netflix, recently, I'd be hunting that down!!!!!!:bouncy:

Netflix has a TON of Cartoon Cartoon stuff! All those and Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, etc. And, a number of other fantasticalicious cartoons!:applause:[/QUOTE]

And Cartoon Network just released the Hall of Fame Collection Volume 2 for the same price which has Foster's, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, and the second season of Courage..

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The Target site says "ONLINE ONLY"; so how are they in stores?[/QUOTE]

The "online only" thing isn't always accurate, either. I just bought a novel in store yesterday that says "online only" on the website.

Some stores carry different inventory than others. Some items that are popular online in some areas will be shipped and sold via stores in areas where sales for said items are doing well. Sometimes it is just a complete fluke, as well.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The Target site says "ONLINE ONLY"; so how are they in stores?

http://www.target.com/p/courage-the...Slot=medium_1_1&term=Courage+the+Cowardly+Dog

I'm aware of the sets released... clearly my comment was misunderstood.[/QUOTE]

that link is for courage season one hall of fame, I havent seen that in my store but i did see the hall of fame that included courage,johnny bravo, dexters lab and something else in my store for $10. I forgot to buy it yesterday but i will buy it next time im at work. I looked on the back and if i remember correctly it was over 600 minutes so i think it includes the full season 1 of all four shows.

[quote name='No.']Nuts, I wish I waited instead of buying The Show 12 on sale for $10 at BB a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Did you just find it in a target for $5 today? The odds are slim to none of finding that one copy, let alone your target having it. And harping over $5 for a month old purchase...?

[quote name='Romeo']Did you just find it in a target for $5 today? The odds are slim to none of finding that one copy, let alone your target having it. And harping over $5 for a month old purchase...?[/QUOTE] my store has had 5-10 copies. lowest it's been is $8.9x. they haven't done mark downs today yet though

My Targets have had a few copies of it. The drop would come eventually. Yes, I'm the type that complains about $5. ;)

If you want full seasons, you may want to pass on these. It's only the first disc of each of these two disc sets.

[quote name='No.']My Targets have had a few copies of it. The drop would come eventually. Yes, I'm the type that complains about $5. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well sure, I'd want my $5 if it was a few days or a week after, but not a month.

Hey, $5 is $5. Target's 90 day return policy has spoiled us. For those of us who go to these stores almost every week or even multiple times each week, it's not like it's much extra hassle to return/rebuy to save any amount.

If you think $5 is bad, I was somewhat upset I missed out the 15 day return period for my bestbuy $10 copy by 1 day when my targets finally marked them to $9. Please read the URL of this site again. :)

But finding it for $4.54 is extreme YMMV, they shouldn't go lower than $8.98 if they lasted that long.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Picked up Battlefiled: Bad Company 2 LE (PS3) $6, Sims 3 PETS (PS4) LE $6 and Katy Perry The Movie: Part of Me (3D/Blu/DVd) $9[/QUOTE]

PS4 games already? Damn.

/sarcasm

Afterglow Wii U Wireless Pro Controller $11.98
Castlevania Mirror Of Fate 3DS $11.98
Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition Wii U $11.98
MLB 2k13 (PS3 & Xbox) $17.98
MLB The Show 13 PS3 $17.98
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 PS3 $17.98
Top Hand Rodeo Tour Xbox Kinect $11.98
TW PGA Tour 14 Masters Historic Edition $20.98

Of Note: Both Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider are now back to full price after being on clearance last week for $30 at this Target

Afterglow Wii U Wireless Pro Controller $11.98

Whaaaaaat. Why all of the wii U drops?

[quote name='AcidRain25']Afterglow Wii U Wireless Pro Controller $11.98
Castlevania Mirror Of Fate 3DS $11.98
MLB 2k13 (PS3 & Xbox) $17.98
MLB The Show 13 PS3 $17.98
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 PS3 $17.98
Top Hand Rodeo Tour Xbox Kinect $11.98
TW PGA Tour 14 Masters Historic Edition $20.98

Of Note: Both Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider are now back to full price after being on clearance last week for $30 at this Target[/QUOTE]

any chance you have the DCPI for Castlevania 3ds? thanks

[quote name='electricsleep']any chance you have the DCPI for Castlevania 3ds? thanks[/QUOTE]

Just bought one right now
207 02 1426

Found a "repackaged" PSP VITA for $175.xx. Checked all the contents and confirmed that the unit works, so I picked it up. If anything, I have a month to return it. :)

[quote name='CAG90210']Found a "repackaged" PSP VITA for $175.xx. Checked all the contents and confirmed that the unit works, so I picked it up. If anything, I have a month to return it. :)[/QUOTE]

I believe, in fact, you have 3 months; unless Target recently changed their return window? not sure.

[quote name='jonnysniper']
Ninja gaiden razor storm $27.98 PS3
[/QUOTE]

lol...wtf...already...thats some bioshock infinite shit right there.

[quote name='Deader2818']Guess ill have something to look for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I wish drops were on tuesday. I'm not going to target possibly three times a week (Sun-Tues).

I very rarely see these clearance prices on new games around here. Just the Tiger Woods games the last 2 years.

Why does Target put them on clearance, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back