Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some at a local (Buffalo, MN) target. Nothing very amazing, thought they had some packs of 3DS cradles + charger on clearance for $9.98

[quote name='mrclutch']anybody know what comes in the Spidey CE?[/QUOTE]

The 3D and 2D versions of the movie plus Spidey and Lizard figurines.

Holiday-Gift-Guide-2012-Metal-Arcade-The-Amazing-Spider-Man-Collectors-Edition.jpg

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Stopped by an out of the way one and glad I did

207-02-1331 LoZ OoT 3ds $11.98
207-02-1336 Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D 3ds $5.98
058-37-0740 Amazing Spider Man LE blu $19.48
Online item WWE 12 Xbox 360 $ 2.48

Nice haul :)[/QUOTE]

What state/ city did you get that haul, and what do is the online item?

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Stopped by an out of the way one and glad I did

207-02-1331 LoZ OoT 3ds $11.98
207-02-1336 Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D 3ds $5.98
058-37-0740 Amazing Spider Man LE blu $19.48
Online item WWE 12 Xbox 360 $ 2.48

Nice haul :)[/QUOTE]

Let me guess South Eastern California? Seems to be a few Californian cities which do there own clearance pricing (meant more towards LOZ OOT 3DS).

Im an east coast cag.. also check there value game racks there seems to be alot of $5.98 games being placed there with their own tags.. I know another cag mentioned it before but at two stores saw Ratchet and Clank all 4 one & Assassins Creed Brotherhood both ps3 and a few ds/wii games

Stopped by today and found some Mario Mushroom headphones for about 4.xx and Rayman Origins Vita for 14.xx, and Playstation USB hub for 20.xx. Few other things as well but cannot remember.

Picked up:
207 00 0133 Vita 4 gb card $5.98
207 00 0101 Wii Wireless Sensor Bar $7.48
057 01 0588 Phillips ear buds $3.14

Damn, you guys are lucky, the Spider-man collector's edition is on clearance for ~$40.00 at my store, hoping it drops to one of the other prices mentioned soon

So are we just suppose to brag about these prices and not specify what city, location?
I'm in SoCal so Targets in every direction. i wouldn't know where to start.

At the Roosevelt/Clark target there is a ton of Shaun White Skateboarding(PS3) $7.48
Battleship (PS3) $20.98
UFC 3 Undisputed(360) $20.98
Asura Wrath(360) $20.98
And a bunch of Wii and 3DS accessorie, coloring books.

[quote name='sherlock2g']At the Roosevelt/Clark target there is a ton of Shaun White Skateboarding(PS3) $7.48
Battleship (PS3) $20.98
UFC 3 Undisputed(360) $20.98
Asura Wrath(360) $20.98
And a bunch of Wii and 3DS accessorie, coloring books.[/QUOTE]

Oooh... I would like Asuras Wrath to hit 5.98 by me (I know it isn't price posted, just saying, lol)... Tho, it is still tagged for 39.99. :/

I snagged the last Spider-Man set at my Target for $19.48 but I'm not sold on it at all...anybody who has theirs unboxed have an opinion on the figure quality?

[quote name='SumPro']So are we just suppose to brag about these prices and not specify what city, location?
I'm in SoCal so Targets in every direction. i wouldn't know where to start.[/QUOTE]

Basically, every location is different and so every find is YMMV. Sometimes they're common, like every Target I go to has the same headphones / spiderman bluray combo / brookstone / printers / GPS's on sale, where as other things are extremely rare (possibly 1 of a kind), like my God of War: Ascension for $17.98 find. The basic idea of this thread is to get an idea of what might be out there and what to look out for if you went to a Target.

Willowbrook Houston

picked up last copies of MK V DC(ps3) R&C all 4 one. -- rang up 5.10 and 5.98

There was a copy of RE Revelations for 13.98 in value section. 20 minutes ago

Decided to stop at a local target today and picked up:
Tomtom via 1505m gps, lifetime maps-$42.54 (was $169.99, clearance)-057 16 0096
Tomtom via 1500 gps-$40.04 (was $159.99, clearance)-057 16 0097
And im a sucker for figures/statues so I also picked up:
The amazing spiderman le gift set-$19.48(was $64.99, clearance)-058 37 0740
And it comes with a skippy peanut butter spidery cookie recipe, that sold me right there.
Passed on the infamous controller bundle for $29.xx, have too many controllers already.
Glad to find the gps's though, might be moving cross country so will be useful.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']Damn, you guys are lucky, the Spider-man collector's edition is on clearance for ~$40.00 at my store, hoping it drops to one of the other prices mentioned soon[/QUOTE]

You might want to scan it. The one here was still $45.48 last week (scanned to confirm), but it had dropped today to the $19.98 price skipping the 50% off price altogether.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I snagged the last Spider-Man set at my Target for $19.48 but I'm not sold on it at all...anybody who has theirs unboxed have an opinion on the figure quality?[/QUOTE]

They have a slightly rubbery feel to them, although they have a little heft to them. Best Buy has the blu-ray on sale for $19.99 ($14.99 if you have an Upgrade and Save coupon) so you have to decide it the figures are worth $5 to you.

[quote name='admiralvic']Basically, every location is different and so every find is YMMV. Sometimes they're common, like every Target I go to has the same headphones / spiderman bluray combo / brookstone / printers / GPS's on sale, where as other things are extremely rare (possibly 1 of a kind), like my God of War: Ascension for $17.98 find. The basic idea of this thread is to get an idea of what might be out there and what to look out for if you went to a Target.[/QUOTE]

this some things are almost universal Items they are not going to carry anymore or value game markdowns

almost everything else is YMMV, some more so than others.

Online Item Returns seem to have a fairly common price point, the problem is someone has to have ordered online and returned the item to that specific target.

I picked up the Spider-Man set earlier but already returned it.
Don't even have an interest in owning the movie, and the figures looked like crap. Plus I doubt I'd be able to sell them on eBay.
Not even worth it to me at that price.

[quote name='NzumbeKiller']Decided to stop at a local target today and picked up:
Tomtom via 1505m gps, lifetime maps-$42.54 (was $169.99, clearance)-057 16 0096
Tomtom via 1500 gps-$40.04 (was $159.99, clearance)-057 16 0097
And im a sucker for figures/statues so I also picked up:
The amazing spiderman le gift set-$19.48(was $64.99, clearance)-058 37 0740
And it comes with a skippy peanut butter spidery cookie recipe, that sold me right there.
Passed on the infamous controller bundle for $29.xx, have too many controllers already.
Glad to find the gps's though, might be moving cross country so will be useful.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention. I found the via 1500 for $40.04 as well, but when I looked again, they had one Via 1535TM for $55.04, on clearance from $219.99 (057 16 0095). I put the 1500 back and snagged the 1535TM. :whistle2:D Went to Best Buy, they had a TomTom leather case for 5" GPS units on clearance for $8.99, down from $29.99.

Oddly, they had no video game stuff on clearance at that store.

Saw a bunch of copies of RE Revelations in the value section stickered at $9.98 here (totally would have grabbed that if I hadn't just bought it at $20 last month).

[quote name='MR_E']Saw a bunch of copies of RE Revelations in the value section stickered at $9.98 here (totally would have grabbed that if I hadn't just bought it at $20 last month).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just got one of these at the Target near me. Only saw one of them though and nothing else decent today.

[quote name='edison']

They have a slightly rubbery feel to them, although they have a little heft to them. Best Buy has the blu-ray on sale for $19.99 ($14.99 if you have an Upgrade and Save coupon) so you have to decide it the figures are worth $5 to you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its still sealed, I watched an unboxing and wasn't super impressed with the quality. The movie doesnt have much value to me as I doubt I'd watch it more than once, so it really comes down to the figures. Not sure at this point.

Lucky I found Amazing Spiderman 3D CE version $20 and 2 Tom Tom GPS MSRP $230 for $55 Each and 2 Disney Epic Mickey 2 Brush & Remote $9 Each ;)

[quote name='buddy the puppy']in NYC my local Target had Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D 3ds for $14.98 on clearance. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

If it slashes down $7.48 i'll buy it.

I saw quite a bit of stuff today but didn't end up buying anything.

3DS - RE: Revelations $13.98
3DS - various crap games (pets, etc.)
Vita - 4GB Memory Card $5.98
Vita - Soft Case $9.98
PS3 - Urban Camo Bluetooth Headset $19.98
PS3 - USB Hub $14.98 (I'd never seen these anywhere before they popped up on clearance, haha)
and a handful of online/as-is DVDs and sports games.

Nothing of interest for me at those prices (I might grab the headset & USB hub if they drop again), but it's nice to see stuff starting to go on clearance again!

[quote name='Masterkyo']If it slashes down $7.48 i'll buy it.[/QUOTE]

yeah i would too. but $15 bucks is no deal. its $17 on amazon for cryin out loud.

[quote name='buddy the puppy']in NYC my local Target had Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D 3ds for $14.98 on clearance. Not worth it.[/QUOTE]

It honestly is worth it if you enjoy survival modes. The content provided is more than acceptable and in the long run can easily have a lot of replay value dependent on whether or not you like TPSes. While getting mediocre reviews on places like Metacritic, etc. the only true way to test out a game is to try it personally. I payed 35$ and think its worth the price, but at that price you can also download it digitally and get the ability to delete your save file.

So it all depends whether you need a physical copy.

I went to a new target today, and I picked up another Ratchet and Clank for $5.98, but this one came with $15 target only dlc! Also had mlb2k13/nba2k13 for $23.98 (didnt have any left, just said that price on the shelf) as well as $23.98 for Bioshock Infinite Prim. I do not know what the "Prim" stands for or what was even on clearance, so if anyone knows, please let me know!

EDIT: I think the "Prim" may stand for Prima guide or Premium edition. Stll not 100% sure though!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I went to a new target today, and I picked up another Ratchet and Clank for $5.98, but this one came with $15 target only dlc! Also had mlb2k13/nba2k13 for $23.98 (didnt have any left, just said that price on the shelf) as well as $23.98 for Bioshock Infinite Prim. I do not know what the "Prim" stands for or what was even on clearance, so if anyone knows, please let me know!

EDIT: I think the "Prim" may stand for Prima guide or Premium edition. Stll not 100% sure though![/QUOTE]

My guess is the Prima Guide, I saw it for that price at my Target as well.

My Target (Madison, AL) had Skylanders Starter sets 50% off. Down to $35.xx. They had a bunch of them too. They had PS3, 360, and Wii. The Wii Skylanders Giants Starters were the same price as well.

My trip to Target today was pretty good. I saw many of the games other CAGS have mentioned already but I will post what I bought today

Tom Tom 1505 Lifetime Maps edition $42.00 Amazon sells it for $160
DPCI 057-16-0096

Panasonic Home Theater Audio System SC-HTB20 $55.04 Amazon sells it for $187.30
DPCI 008-02-1100

Panasonic Compact Stereo System SC-HC37 $37.54 Amazon sells it for $144.99
DPCI 008-03-0344

Philips 7" Portable DVD Player $19.99 Amazon sells it for $55
DPCI 057-15-0027

I dont know if anyone mentioned this but i picked up those turtle beach headpones for 29.98. thats at the 50% off mark. store out in ny only had 2 left when i bought it

I picked up the last copy of RE: Revelations at the Target in Peachtree City, GA. I've been wanting this game for awhile. No luck with Zelda on clearance anywhere.

Craziness last night, I hope it's less hectic today.

I sold a good 5-6 TV's just on my shift, because the TV wall clearance prices dropped like a rock. A display 47' Visio Smart TV with no remote/stand dropped for around $160.00. Same guy also bought a 27' Visio for around $70. A 60' Sharp TV went for around $440 or so. I bought one even, but returned it because of some hectic stuff where pieces went missing.

Now's the time to check out the TV wall, that's for sure. If any are left. Oh, and Resident Evil Revelations has dropped to under $10 here as well.

[quote name='Chedeng88']So with Electronics scheduled on Monday, do they do it first thing in the morning or later in the day? Just wondering if Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning is the best time to look for Electronics clearance.[/QUOTE]

Price change team comes in the morning. They mark down during a morning shift and are *usually* done in the afternoon at some point.

That info pic is accurate as far as I know, electronics always seem to come down on Mondays.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am pretty sure it is against company policy to have ANY clearance in the back rooms. So it will all be available by around noon-2pm. And the pricing team were the ones to tag and display them on the end cap of my store. I just had to keep it organized the best possible.[/QUOTE]

I saw like three boat loads of clearance in the back, one in the electronics stockroom as well. Mostly Skylanders figures. You have to scan them off somewhere, so they're going to be in the backroom on tubs to be pulled out at some point. I think you mean technically backstocking clearance, which you're right on.

Also, I dunno if all Targets do this around the same time, but inventory count is coming up, so they may find some abandoned stuff with a bad count on that could be set out after the count. Just hypothesizing.

:ps3:
LittleBigPlanet 2 SE Move bundle [207-00-0128?] $129.99 -> $64.98
Asura's Wrath [207-24-0683] $29.99 -> $14.98

:360:
Asura's Wrath [207-22-0683] $29.99 -> $14.98
UFC Undisputed 3 [207-22-0641] $29.99 -> $14.98

Wii U:
Gamepad Stand [207-00-0356] $19.99 -> $9.98
Microphone [207-00-?] $29.99 -> $14.98

3DS
Resident Evil: Revelations 207-02-1378 $19.99 -> 13.98

Found at Target in Glendale, AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Fifa 13 *(3DS) for $7.06 (DCPI: 207020940)

Picked up Infamous Collection controller bundle for $29.98 (DCPI: 207000185)

[quote name='doc_j88']
I ask this because i found out Clearance prices are in the system and ring up from the bar-code (price-scanner) and not the clearence sticker stuck on them unless AS-IS

So no matter if staff is unable to put a sticker on it showing it's new price i could easily come and scan the bar-code and see if the price was reduced by next weeks electronic mark down?[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't matter, but that doesn't mean it will drop. I've seen plenty of games linger at a certain clearance price and never drop a cent lower. Transversely, I've seen prices that just plummeted out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back