Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WNYX585AM']Rayman Origins Vita has been $20.98 at one local Target, so pricing varies for this title and most others. I've been waiting for $10 or less, but I doubt it makes it since there is only one left.[/QUOTE]

Fair point. That's why I put "an answer" and not "the answer" though. ;)

As always with Target clearance, pricing is YMMV depending on your store's discount cycle.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']4 gig Vita memory Cards 5.98ish at my Target, picked up 2.[/QUOTE]

Good score, I'm going to look for these in my area when I get off work.

Picked up last two copys of misprints for revelations for 9.98 at Miami lakes store in south Florida. I also got mod nation racers vita for 5.98 (still one copy left of that). They also had an nhl 360 game for 20 bucks and a Shaun white snowboarding ps3 game for 7. And 3 epic mickey paint brushes for 8.98.
I'm super happy about the revelations, I picked up a copy last week at that store for 14 bucks and forgot to look for the misprints, so the extra 4 dollar savings this week was great.

Picked up

Reality Fighters - PS Vita $5.06 (as is sticker)
Ridge Racer - PS Vita $7.56 (as is sticker)
Rayman Origins - PS Vita $8.98 (clearance) - 207 20 0848
Street Fighter vs Tekken - PS Vita $11.98 (clearance) 207 20 0094

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) $14.98

Don't own a vita (yet), grabbed anyways (and for all I know a game or two is on PS+ for free), store had several Street Fighter vs Tekken left and Rayman Origins but I only bought 1 of each.

So i'm up for suggestions of keeping, trading or simply returning to the store (except for the 3DS title, I'm keeping that). Did not find any memory at my store on clearance, did find a Turtle beach headset for 360 that looked like it was repacked, for $29.9x . May wait and see if it stays and drops price.

[quote name='HyperG']Picked up

Reality Fighters - PS Vita $5.06 (as is sticker)
Ridge Racer - PS Vita $7.56 (as is sticker)
Rayman Origins - PS Vita $8.98 (clearance) - 207 20 0848
Street Fighter vs Tekken - PS Vita $11.98 (clearance) 207 20 0094

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) $14.98

Don't own a vita (yet), grabbed anyways (and for all I know a game or two is on PS+ for free), store had several Street Fighter vs Tekken left and Rayman Origins but I only bought 1 of each.

So i'm up for suggestions of keeping, trading or simply returning to the store (except for the 3DS title, I'm keeping that). Did not find any memory at my store on clearance, did find a Turtle beach headset for 360 that looked like it was repacked, for $29.9x . May wait and see if it stays and drops price.[/QUOTE]

SF X Tekken has a DLC (or earlier ones did) for the DLC characters and the standard 38 character alternate costume pack (cross buy). This code typically runs for $20+ (since the content sells for that much off the store), so you might break even just selling that. However, I am not sure if current ones still have it. If it has the "includes 12 dlc characters" sticker, it should be there.

Went to the Bellevue, WI Target to check the clearance section. They had a handful of The Social Network blu-rays for $5'ish each. Rayman Vita $8.98, a couple of Resident Evil The Mercenaries for $14.98. Sims 3 3DS for $1.52 or something crazy like that.

Passed on all of that. Went on a forlorn-hope trip to the Lego aisle. Didn't see anything. Turned around, top shelf had a 'clearance' tag...and one set of the Attack on Weathertop LOTR Legos for $41.xx. Yay!

Stopped by target at lunch (waiting to see if the Mickey paintbrushes hit 70% off yet - they hadn't) nothing much going on. Saw Generator Rex 3DS for $4.06, marked as online item

[quote name='admiralvic']SF X Tekken has a DLC (or earlier ones did) for the DLC characters and the standard 38 character alternate costume pack (cross buy). This code typically runs for $20+ (since the content sells for that much off the store), so you might break even just selling that. However, I am not sure if current ones still have it. If it has the "includes 12 dlc characters" sticker, it should be there.[/QUOTE]
All of them including the one I bought had the sticker on it.

I'd love to find one of those controller bundles. I kinda want the infamous collection, although I have 3 or 4 controllers already and don't really need more of those.

If any Pittsburgh CAG's are looking for the Resident Evil 3DS games or a 360 Nyko charge and play kit, the Harmarville target has one of each left all at 50%. I picked up one of each yesterday. I'm almost positive this Target does their drops in the middle of the week because these were all only 30% off when I stopped in last tuesday or wednesday.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Picked up Rayman Origins for Vita ($8.98). I saw two copies of Resident Evil: R for $9.98. Newnan, GA Target btw.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a copy of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance from there a week ago for $10.06. They must have just marked down the price recently for RE because it was still $20 when I last checked.

Target in Peachtree City, GA had two copies for $13.98 but they were both gone when I checked again Saturday.

Target in Fayetteville, GA didn't really have anything that caught my eye (as far as 3DS games go).

I might head back to Newnan tomorrow to see if there's a copy left of Revelations. Had a few opportunities to get Revelations at $13.98 but I didn't budge.

Snagged a copy of MLB 12: The Show for the Vita for a cool $5.xx. Was hoping to find Rayman Origins, but no such luck.

Still, you can never have too much baseball!

[quote name='Gumshoe']

Still, you can never have too much baseball![/QUOTE]

I can. Buying anything baseball for me is too much. (Collection is sports free)

Well, at that rate, it will probably ring up 'Out of System' once the game drops in August. Props to anyone who can score it for 70% off on release date! :lol:

My store has RE:3D on clearance for $14.98 and I'm just waiting for it to drop one more time. Other than that my stores clearance has sucked.

Got two Vita games yesterday from Target. Rayman Origins for $8.98 and Modnation Racers for $5.98. Last week they were 20 and 10 still, I think. There were a bunch of 3DS REs and PS3 Battleship games but I didn't touch them. Also the PS3 USB hub was available. Is that any good?

Colorado: Found VITA memory cards about 15 4gigs at 9.98 and 7 or so 16gigs for 41.98. I'm going to check later this week to see if they get marked down again. I kinda wanted to grab a couple 4gigs but couldn't pull the trigger.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']Colorado: Found VITA memory cards about 15 4gigs at 9.98 and 7 or so 16gigs for 41.98. I'm going to check later this week to see if they get marked down again. I kinda wanted to grab a couple 4gigs but couldn't pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

I'm legitimately curious, why would someone buy multiples of the smallest card?

[quote name='Romeo']I'm legitimately curious, why would someone buy multiples of the smallest card?[/QUOTE]

Thats why i didnt. I was only considering it because i hate making a trip and not buying anything (am i the only one that feels this way?) but i did not want a multiple small cards to keep track of. I prefer the physical copies for my games. Hopefully the 16's stay around long enough to hit the "sweet spot", until then ill just manage my 8gig:)

Damn, I was hoping for various clearance prices to drop to the 70% off phase, unfortunately not the case at the LA/SoCal stores I've visited thus far.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn, I was hoping for various clearance prices to drop to the 70% off phase, unfortunately not the case at the LA/SoCal stores I've visited thus far.[/QUOTE]
Most stores around us don't even have clearance. Very frustrating.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Stopped in on my way to work this morning and saw RE Revelations for 3DS for $9.98 and Mercenaries for $14.98. Nothing else good to mention.[/QUOTE]

That's also where my store had them. Doesn't help they were in a corner. :roll:

[quote name='TooPoor']Most stores around us don't even have clearance. Very frustrating.[/QUOTE]

That's what I tell everyone to keep the competition down. You just have to give the Target worker bees in the electronics section a wink and a shhhh! while putting your pointer finger up to your lips, or maybe theirs and the clearance deals will all be magically revealed. :lol:

Well struck out in two locations so far for RE: Revelations. Did see Asuras Wrath for 14.98 and ModNation for Vita for 5.98. Didn't buy them as they weren't the prices I was looking for. Hopefully will get out of work a bit early to check another Target.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Mother of God.[/QUOTE]

It may be a placeholder with a recycled DCPI still set for the last % off the previous game was at clearance.

Almost all of my local Targets are in various stages in the middle of renovations to add expanded grocery departments. Several of them relocated the electronics department in the process. You would THINK this might lead to a lot of clearance, but there is hardly any. I wonder if there is a treasure-trove of merchandise either in the backroom, or in one of the storage trailers in the parking lot, just waiting to get put back on the shelves...

Any other areas experiencing these mass renovations?

Picked up :psp: Vita Rayman Origins for $8.98 and Modnation Racers for $5.98. Last two at the Little Rd store in New Port Richey FL. They also had the 007 Move bundle with sharpshooter for $72.98 and two Sharpshooters for $19.98 each. Other than that hardly ever any clearances anymore in my area.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']Picked up Rayman Origins for Vita ($8.98). I saw two copies of Resident Evil: R for $9.98. Newnan, GA Target btw.[/QUOTE]

I went back and picked up the last copy.

[quote name='DJP519']Almost all of my local Targets are in various stages in the middle of renovations to add expanded grocery departments. Several of them relocated the electronics department in the process. You would THINK this might lead to a lot of clearance, but there is hardly any. I wonder if there is a treasure-trove of merchandise either in the backroom, or in one of the storage trailers in the parking lot, just waiting to get put back on the shelves...

Any other areas experiencing these mass renovations?[/QUOTE]

All of my local Targets did these renovations last year. Don't expect a massive influx of clearance, although mine did trot out some old ass PC games (like Madden 98) with stubbornly high prices.

[quote name='DJP519']Almost all of my local Targets are in various stages in the middle of renovations to add expanded grocery departments. Several of them relocated the electronics department in the process. You would THINK this might lead to a lot of clearance, but there is hardly any. I wonder if there is a treasure-trove of merchandise either in the backroom, or in one of the storage trailers in the parking lot, just waiting to get put back on the shelves...

Any other areas experiencing these mass renovations?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Everything would be still be under company policy, where clearance HAS to be out on the floor. So if there isn't anything big there now, there won't be anything really new after the fact.

Just picked up dungeon hunter alliance, Vita for $8.98 at the Westwood, ca city target. Bunch of copies left if anyone's interested!

Went to a different Target at lunch and this one had the Mickey paintbrushes for 70% off so I picked one up. Saw Lollipop Chainsaw for $13.98 (50%) off but I'm not really interested unless it hits 70% off. God of War collection was at $20.98 I believe

Ugh. My Target got rid of their clearance endcap and dispersed the items all over the place. Couldn't find the giant stack of Vita memory cards they had anymore. But they did have the following:

:psp: Rayman Origins $8.98 [207 20 0848]
:psp: Street Fighter X Tekken $11.98 [207 20 0094]
:ps3: Call Of Duty World At War $5.98 [207 24 0164]

It's better when they lazily disperse clearance around the store, that's when I usually find things.

Not much at the Targets around Buffalo lately. I've just seen a bunch of Asura's Wrath for $15, a thousand Rayovac batteries and the usual random electronic crap.

I hit the jackpot today! Four copies of RE Merc 3D for $8.98. Two 4GB Vita memory cards for $9.98 each, and a copy of Asura's Wrath for $8.98. If anybody wants to buy/trade any of those items, shoot me a PM. I'm really interested in trading for a copy of Rayman Origins Vita. Love the X360 one so I would like the Vita version as well.

I seen a few revelations at my local stores. They weren't tagged as clearance. A quick scan showed otherwise.

I passed as I don't have a 3DS.

When I went, I saw:

$08.98 - VITA - Rayman Origins
$14.98 - X360 - Asura's Wrath
$14.98 - PS3 - Shaun Whites Skateboarding

I seen a lot of 16gb memory cards for the VITA in stock but they wouldn't let me PM with bestbuy's price unless I brought in a physical ad to show proof. Anyone know where I can find physical ad copies for bestbuy? I will check at the bestbuy store again but last time I went to my store I didn't see any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back