Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a boat load of stuff today. Here is the run down:

RE:R- $5.98
RE: M 3D- $8.98
ps3 Sharp Shooter- $11.98
ps3 LBP 2 bundle- $39.98
Asura's Wrath- $8.98
Dead or Alive something (3DS)- $5.06
Epic Mickey 2 paintbrush- $7.98

8 GB SDHC card- $5.38
Catching Fire Book on CD- $7.98
Dirty Dancing Collection blu- $3.56
Madonna Greatest Hits CD- $3.76
Evanescene CD- $3.76

Not bad, surprised they had that much stuff because I was in there the other day and they had nothing.

[quote name='sgaldis']Found a nice little treasure at an out of the way Target this morning: 7-8 copies of :3ds: Kingdom Hearts: DDD for $7.01 (online items, of course). Don't know why they would have that many copies of an online return, but I'm not complaining![/QUOTE]

For the record all the Kingdom Hearts 3DS games people been finding are not online items, I discovered this a awhile ago but the UPC isn't recognized in Target PDA system, but if the UPC is scanned at the register it will come up for MSRP. But since the UPC isn't picking up with the PDA the price change team marks them as an online item. It's an error that can easily be fixed but no one seem to noticed this, and it's not my job to enlighten them lmao.

[quote name='ingramba']I was at that store yesterday and picked up 4 Vita memory cards, 3 x 4GB & 1 x 8GB for $5.00 each. Was hoping to find a 32GB but no luck.[/QUOTE]

anyone else find 8gb ones? All i ever see are 4gb, which are a joke for the vita.

[quote name='thebob101']Picked up a boat load of stuff today. Here is the run down:

ps3 LBP 2 bundle- $39.98
Asura's Wrath- $8.98

8 GB SDHC card- $5.38
Catching Fire Book on CD- $7.98
Dirty Dancing Collection blu- $3.56
Madonna Greatest Hits CD- $3.76
Evanescene CD- $3.76

Not bad, surprised they had that much stuff because I was in there the other day and they had nothing.[/QUOTE]

I wish my target would do re price drop. Its still at $9.98

Found an "AS IS" White Wii U Pro Controller for $20.99 today. I wish it was a black one since I have the deluxe system but I was still pretty excited.

[quote name='coopscohen']Found an "AS IS" White Wii U Pro Controller for $20.99 today. I wish it was a black one since I have the deluxe system but I was still pretty excited.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy usually has the black ones repackaged for 40$. Not that cheap but 10$ off MSRP

Snagged a Rayman origins on ps3 for $5.98. Found something I was thinking about buying on clearance at Walmart (I know this is the wrong thread, blah blah blah!) and it was Mortal Kombat Kollectors Edition on ps3 for $40.00. Was very tempted to buy, but wanted to wait to see if there was any coupons or something that could lower the price, considering that they still had 4 left. Btw, this was in the middle of the electronics section in a clearance row, not with the other video games. The also had skylanders crap on clearance for half off

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Snagged a Rayman origins on ps3 for $5.98. Found something I was thinking about buying on clearance at Walmart (I know this is the wrong thread, blah blah blah!) and it was Mortal Kombat Kollectors Edition on ps3 for $40.00. Was very tempted to buy, but wanted to wait to see if there was any coupons or something that could lower the price, considering that they still had 4 left. Btw, this was in the middle of the electronics section in a clearance row, not with the other video games. The also had skylanders crap on clearance for half off[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't wait on the MK CE (KE?). I picked it up for about that much a couple years ago and it was worth it. One of the better CEs in recent memory. The bookends alone are worth it (though if you just want the game, you'd probably be better off getting the Komplete Edition). $40 is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='WatTsu']I wouldn't wait on the MK CE (KE?). I picked it up for about that much a couple years ago and it was worth it. One of the better CEs in recent memory. The bookends alone are worth it (though if you just want the game, you'd probably be better off getting the Komplete Edition). $40 is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am thinking, ill probably go back tomorrow, and get it. I just checked and I couldnt find any video game/ discounts off clearance prices, but $40 is still fair. And I got mixed up with the ps2 KE lol

I've been to a few Targets particularly searching for Asura's Wrath for $8.98 on the PS3. In the process, I picked up SF/Tekken for $8.98 and the Uncharted 3 Complete Edition for $19.99 (reduced price). I finally gave up and picked up AW for $17 including shipping on Amazon. I'm not wasting gas money and by the vids I watched $17 is still a decent deal.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Goldeneye Reloaded PS move bundle - $74.98
207-00-0119

LBP move starter kit - $64.98
207-00-0128

also see vita 4gb cards out the wazzoo($10)[/QUOTE]

I tried putting that code at target.com and nothing came up for LBP move bundle..

I really want that, how can I get it?

oNe

p.s. I eve did a search for little big planet at target.com and only 4 things came up, what the deal?

[quote name='WatTsu']I wouldn't wait on the MK CE (KE?). I picked it up for about that much a couple years ago and it was worth it. One of the better CEs in recent memory. The bookends alone are worth it (though if you just want the game, you'd probably be better off getting the Komplete Edition). $40 is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

I paid $45 and I agree, its worth it. The bookends are so cool.
I think overall the best CE is skyrim CE with the dragon. Well, I think its the best because I like dragons, but would like to hear from others what they think was the best CE in this Gen xbox 360/ps3.

Surprised at all the cheap Rayman copies, I can't find it for less than $20 =[

[quote name='The Punisher']I paid $45 and I agree, its worth it. The bookends are so cool.
I think overall the best CE is skyrim CE with the dragon. Well, I think its the best because I like dragons, but would like to hear from others what they think was the best CE in this Gen xbox 360/ps3.[/QUOTE]

The best part of that CE was the art book, especially since Alduin wasn't that high quality. As far as my favorite, has to go to inFAMOUS 2 for the backpack. That thing is both cool and practical.

[quote name='admiralvic']Surprised at all the cheap Rayman copies, I can't find it for less than $20 =[

The best part of that CE was the art book, especially since Alduin wasn't that high quality. As far as my favorite, has to go to inFAMOUS 2 for the backpack. That thing is both cool and practical.[/QUOTE]

Good point on the backpack. Didnt mirror edge had like a cool yellow bag or something?

So I noticed something at target that hopefully someone on here can verify or unverify. I noticed next to the Assassins Creed 3 CE's, they had a little grey and white target logo next to the price. Unusual, right? Then i noticed where the Bioshock Infinite CE's were marked down to $23.98(they had none left, just had the shelf tag still up) They had a grey dot that was the same size as that Target logo from the AC3 CE. I'm wondering if that target logo next to the AC3 CE will mean it is going to go on clearance soon, because the Bioshock CE had the grey dot after it was put on clearance. Your opinions?

[quote name='Deader2818']The grey dot means when they did their research on it that the item is out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what the target logo means?

[quote name='Kurosaki-san']Means to spiderwrap/lock the item.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. Well thanks for the help! Was hoping I was going to score a cheap Assassins Creed 3 CE soon, but it looks like I am going to have to play the waiting game!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Ah I see. Well thanks for the help! Was hoping I was going to score a cheap Assassins Creed 3 CE soon, but it looks like I am going to have to play the waiting game![/QUOTE]

Just a bit of warning, once it sells, it is out of the system. (Which should mean it should have gone thru clearance cycle, but it hasn't in many places. Very stubborn item.)

Just a followup, when I posted about the double pack of 21 jump street seasons 1 & 2 AS - IS for $3.56

DO NOT BUY

my discs were worse looking than any Gamestop purchase I have ever made, and the discs were defective as fuck >.>

Discs are in paper sleeves inside the case >.>

I don;t know if its the fucked up packaging or what that caused the disc damage but likely the cause

[quote name='thebob101']Picked up a boat load of stuff today. Here is the run down:

ps3 LBP 2 bundle- $39.98
Asura's Wrath- $8.98

[/QUOTE]

Wow...I don't think I have seen DoA: Dimensions 3DS on clearance. Has anyone spotted it at their store?

[quote name='kndy']Wow...I don't think I have seen DoA 3DS on clearance. Has anyone spotted it at their store?[/QUOTE]

I think that might be an as-is price, as most clearance prices end in 8 or 4, not 6

[quote name='TKSJOHN']So I noticed something at target that hopefully someone on here can verify or unverify. I noticed next to the Assassins Creed 3 CE's, they had a little grey and white target logo next to the price. Unusual, right? Then i noticed where the Bioshock Infinite CE's were marked down to $23.98(they had none left, just had the shelf tag still up) They had a grey dot that was the same size as that Target logo from the AC3 CE. I'm wondering if that target logo next to the AC3 CE will mean it is going to go on clearance soon, because the Bioshock CE had the grey dot after it was put on clearance. Your opinions?[/QUOTE]

I work for Target and I can tell you that the grey dot means it has been researched and 0 out. Meaning there is no inventory in the store.

:3ds: Transformers Prime: The Game - $7.48
:ds: Tranformers Prime: The Game - $5.48
Vita - Lego Batman 2 - $5.98
Vita - Street Fighter x Tekken - $11.98

Vita - 4 gb memory card - $4.98

Saw things bottom out at a few stores:

LBP2 Move Bundle - 38.98
Move Sharpshooter - 11.98
Shaun White Skateboarding - 4.xx

Also saw the ghost of clearance past resurface with a Rock Band 3 keyboard :360: for about $29.xx.

LBP2: Move Bundle $38.98
Arkham City vanilla (360) for $8.98

That's pretty much only things at the store. Hopefully there's more clearance coming out the back too.

[quote name='180husher']Got PS3 Shaun White Skateboarding for $2.50 because it was mislabeled.

My receipt reads "GOM Thong"...:puke:[/QUOTE]

No, that wasn't mislabeled. You're just using it wrong. :D

[quote name='180husher']

Nothing wrong with a Good Ole' Man Thong:lol:

Hopefully, next week Target will drop the 3DS games fully. I don't want to pay 9 dollars for Crosswords 3DS, but the Club Nintendo points would be worth it at 4-5.

What I saw.
:ps3: LBP2 Move Bundle -$90.98
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter - 29.98
:ps3: Shaun White Skateboarding - 9.99
:ps3: Battleship - 29.99
:ps3: Skylanders Giants Starter Pack - 40.98

Hardly a clearance. :lol:

[quote name='180husher']Got PS3 Shaun White Skateboarding for $2.50 because it was mislabeled.

Now I've got the idea of Shaun White in a thong stuck in my head... DO YOU KNOW HOW DISTURBING THAT IMAGE IS!

My catch today:

:wii: Cars Race O Rama $5.06
:wii: Country Dance 2 $5.06
:360: Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack $20.98

70% Price Drop items at my local Target:

:ps3: Goldeneye Move Bundle $44.98
:ps3: LBP Move Bundle $39.98
:ps3: Move Sharpshooter peripheral $11.98
Vita 4GB memory card $5.98
Vita 8GB memory card $8.98
Vita Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes $5.98
:wii: Epic Mickey Paintbrush
:wii: Epic Mickey Remote

Also TV's continue to be clearanced. Finally scored a good brand at the 50% clearance level, a Samsung 40" LED for $264.98.

[quote name='Mikko']Hopefully, next week Target will drop the 3DS games fully. I don't want to pay 9 dollars for Crosswords 3DS, but the Club Nintendo points would be worth it at 4-5.[/QUOTE]

Fully? Unless they readjust the msrp to $20 and re-clearance, $8.98 is as low as crosswords should go. 70% off $30.

Don't think I've ever seen any goldeneye bundles people are reporting at my targets.

I just picked up RE:R 3DS for 9.98 and Asuras Wrath for 14.98. I know I said I would wait, but one more week could have been pushing my luck too far, so I bit on those prices.

At another store I saw:
:wii: Wii Wireless Sensor Bar $4.98
:360: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition $5.06
:360: Deca Sports Freedom $5.06
:360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $5.06
:360: The Walking Dead $8.98
:ps3: God Of War Collection $8.98
:3ds: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D $14.98
:3ds: Pet Zombies $5.06

[quote name='amusedtoe']You can get the Giants starter pack for $5 more with coupon this week:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link! I didn't know there was a coupon. Thank you!

Well after making my target circuit, my last stop ended up being fruitful. I was able to grab two vita 16gigs for 38.xx. Left one for whomever.I was suprised to see that the vita cards drop from 41.98 to 18 in a week.All the 4gigs where gone and skylanders where sitting at 38 respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back